Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (681804 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sanramon: 7:28am On May 25, 2016
Hi everyone,

Please i need your advice here and its urgent.

"Who is paying for your US trip?" I have a fully funded MSc offer, so should I fill self-funded or university's name? What would your advice please? and there is a question about having relatives in USA “Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States”? I have my elder sister in MN. He is a citizen. Should I answer Yes? These questions are in form DS-160

Please I need your quick reply.

Thanks

San-Ramon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 7:36am On May 25, 2016
nellyalph:
Greetings all
I got admission in a school in Texas to study bsc nursing, and I already have a bsc in biology edu

I was advised to say that my highest educational qualification is SSCE. Reason being that the school is a community college and it will be absurd to say you are going for a second degree

I want to know how possible it will be for a 24 yrs old not to have gone to school after 8yrs(ssce)??

How do I co relate the gaps since 2008 I wrote waec?

Is there anything wrong with the community colleges??

Pls someone should answer me. Will submit my ds 160 form tomorrow. .

I feel you should have applied to another university for biology or something related, gotten the admission and use that uni for your visa interview. Then when you get to the us you can transfer to your community college if that's where you really wanna go. It would make things easier. There's nothing wrong with community colleges but its like most VOs think you're not really going to study if you say you're going to a community college. I stand to be corrected tho.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 8:10am On May 25, 2016
gunther6:

Don't help that mumu dickoflife that refuses to share his transcripts, shebi you don't need this house you have been to Siberia, Balochistan blah blah blah kiss
i am not asking for help. this stupid game of attacking people should be tiring to u na. grow up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 8:15am On May 25, 2016
dickoflife:
i am not asking for help. this stupid game of attacking people should be tiring to u na. grow up

Oga if you don't understand tongue in cheek expressions oga swerve, how many times me and you talk ontop phone yesterday e nor reach 7 times nor be play. I will not gratify the growing up part with a response

Again if you are not asking for help what are you asking for information ? I got news for you bro information na help. No one is engaging you in a dìck swinging competition here (no pun intended) but don't come here pretending you don't need anyone and all those grandiloquent stuffs you spill, everybody needs someone which is why there is a thread in the first place. OK bye you know my digits and you still owe me beer

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ronkypinky(f): 8:55am On May 25, 2016
gunther6:

Enter a bus going to Oshodi afterwards take a bus going to Mile 2 stop at Toyota, ask for DHL office near the Federal Fire Service... Das all

Thanks a bunch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 9:18am On May 25, 2016
gunther6:

Oga if you don't understand tongue in cheek expressions oga swerve, how many times me and you talk ontop phone yesterday e nor reach 7 times nor be play. I will not gratify the growing up part with a response

Again if you are not asking for help what are you asking for information ? I got news for you bro information na help. No one is engaging you in a dìck swinging competition here (no pun intended) but don't come here pretending you don't need anyone and all those grandiloquent stuffs you spill, everybody needs someone which is why there is a thread in the first place. OK bye you know my digits and you still owe me beer
i just dont get it. wetin i collect for u peopke hand wey i no pay. cant u just ignore me i? olorun gba wa lowo ashebi o....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 10:23am On May 25, 2016
OjaP:
Justwise--

Why did you delete my post about sirRiddy's visa approval?

Noticed 2
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dicapino: 10:29am On May 25, 2016
Visa approved. Yankee I am coming grin....Transcript in a bit.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 10:31am On May 25, 2016
Mekeurexx...come and give us the goodnews asap.. 11:00am visa appointment time. Its 30mins to go.
ALL I WANT TO SEE IS VISA APPROVED...NO MORE, NO LESS.
SUCCESS BRO. ITS YOUR DAY !!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:52am On May 25, 2016
dicapino:
Congrat Leo..

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 10:54am On May 25, 2016
dicapino:

Congrats

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dicapino: 11:11am On May 25, 2016
So I stayed at a friends place last night along western Avenue so getting to the Consulate was not too streessful.Got there by about 15mins to 6 am. The car park was very busy so I was just a bit careful of the husslers on rampage. Although one of them was very helpful I didn't print my interview properly(no barcodes), so I had to drop like 1000k for something I can do like 100 naira. Well I said to my self I am getting this visa today.
So we got through the screening process  my docs where inorder. So I saw for my self how Visa Officers give denials it got me scared (the blue card), I was scared. But I started praying sha.

I can't remember the cubicle I was attended to. But a rejection was given to the person before me

Oyibo lady was the VO

V.O- How you doing

ME- FINE

V.O- Tell me of plans?

ME- I am going to Texas A&M University Kingsville for a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering. While there, I would be carrying out research in the thermofluid option.More specifically, the application  of numerical methods in the analysis and design of Pipe-line system.

VO- she then asked me to put my right hand on the biometric scanner. THEN she said Who is sponsoring  you?

ME- My Dad.

V.O- What does he do?

ME- He is a senior Lecturer at the University of ?. And he his also into Advertising and printing.

V.O.-After long typing she left me in the cold . Then she said what are your plans after your program?

ME- I plan to get an academic position at one of the top universities in Nigeria. Most Especially my Alma mater the University of Benin.

Then long long typing again...So as she raised her hand to pick something my mind Don fly.....I was thinking it was the blue card after all my  hard work....

Then I heard the golden words...don't know how it goes I heard it sha.......I was elated ....Big grinn....

I Waka comot. .dey  shout Jesus. ......

A big thank you to everyone on thus forum. There is a trove of info on this forum that can take some one to Mars.

Salute to the Odionweres... (senior men on this forum) edbid, bigfrancis1, imperioux. Comrades at arms Sirriddy, projah, walspring,......and co...Can't call everyone.

To those who would reading this post in the future. DONT GIVE UP WHEN YOU GET REJECTS FROM SCHOOLS CONTINUE TO PUSH ON. YOU KNOW I WAS ALMOST GIVING UP ON APPLYING  FOR THIS FALL.

ALSO PUT ALL YOUR DOINGS IN THE HANDS OF GOD.

OKAY GURUS WHATS THE NEXT STEP

23 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 11:35am On May 25, 2016
Congratulations @Dicapino lovely transcript, enjoy your stay in the u.s.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 11:38am On May 25, 2016
dicapino:

Then I heard the golden words...don't know how it goes I heard it sha.......I was elated

To those who would reading this post in the future. DONT GIVE UP WHEN YOU GET REJECTS FROM SCHOOLS CONTINUE TO PUSH ON.

Congrats on your visa approval....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 12:04pm On May 25, 2016
Breaking news: Visa approved for my buddie Mekeurexx. The shortest transcript ever. Mekurexx run over here and drop your transcript. Roger that!!!

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by EagleIsland: 12:43pm On May 25, 2016
Hello! I've been a silent follower of this section, so I created an account to post my question.

Please, I urgently need the description to the US consulate in Lagos. I'll wanna go via public transport from Lekki axis.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by drealsheggs: 1:08pm On May 25, 2016
felicitation frere et bonne chance en avance.

dicapino:
So I stayed at a friends place last night along western Avenue so getting to the Consulate was not too streessful.Got there by about 15mins to 6 am. The car park was very busy so I was just a bit careful of the husslers on rampage. Although one of them was very helpful I didn't print my interview properly(no barcodes), so I had to drop like 1000k for something I can do like 100 naira. Well I said to my self I am getting this visa today.
So we got through the screening process  my docs where inorder. So I saw for my self how Visa Officers give denials it got me scared (the blue card), I was scared. But I started praying sha.

I can't remember the cubicle I was attended to. But a rejection was given to the person before me

Oyibo lady was the VO

V.O- How you doing

ME- FINE

V.O- Tell me of plans?

ME- I am going to Texas A&M University Kingsville for a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering. While there, I would be carrying out research in the thermofluid option.More specifically, the application  of numerical methods in the analysis and design of Pipe-line system.

VO- she then asked me to put my right hand on the biometric scanner. THEN she said Who is sponsoring  you?

ME- My Dad.

V.O- What does he do?

ME- He is a senior Lecturer at the University of ?. And he his also into Advertising and printing.

V.O.-After long typing she left me in the cold . Then she said what are your plans after your program?

ME- I plan to get an academic position at one of the top universities in Nigeria. Most Especially my Alma mater the University of Benin.

Then long long typing again...So as she raised her hand to pick something my mind Don fly.....I was thinking it was the blue card after all my  hard work....

Then I heard the golden words...don't know how it goes I heard it sha.......I was elated ....Big grinn....

A big thank you to everyone on thus forum. There is a trove of info on this forum that can take some one to Mars.

Salute to the Odionweres... (senior men on this forum) edbid, bigfrancis1, imperioux. Comrades at arms Sirriddy, projah, walspring,......and co...Can't call everyone.

To those who would reading this post in the future. DONT GIVE UP WHEN YOU GET REJECTS FROM SCHOOLS CONTINUE TO PUSH ON. YOU KNOW I WAS ALMOST GIVING UP ON APPLYING  FOR THIS FALL.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by calfavour(f): 1:11pm On May 25, 2016
EagleIsland, take a bus from lekki going to CMS/Bonny camp or Obalende (be sure the obalende bus is passing through Law School, Stop at Kofo Abayomi just before Bonny Camp, Walter Carrington is just the street to your right off Ozumba Mbadiwe. the address is 2 Walter Carrington Crescent Victoria Island. I'm sure you would see lots of guys on the entrance of that street to direct you. from the busstop , is about 5-8 minutes walk to the US embassy.

Congratulations to Mekurexx and dicapino ...waiting up for more APPROVALS

EagleIsland:

Hello! I've been a silent follower of this section, so I created an account to post my question.

Please, I urgently need the description to the US consulate in Lagos. I'll wanna go via public transport from Lekki axis.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2016
Congrats @dicapino

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 2:01pm On May 25, 2016
Visa approved this morning! Short and smooth transcript... God is too wonderful.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 2:23pm On May 25, 2016
Congrats @Mekurexx

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 25, 2016
@Dicapino and Mekurexx congrats.
You deserved it..

please let's try as much as possible to unquote long posts/ transcripts,it makes reading cumbersome. Just a mention would do.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 2:27pm On May 25, 2016
Okay I just received a mail from the Lagos Consulate concerning my two US B1 and F1 visas. This was the response: Thank you for your email.

Entrance to the United States is determined not by the U.S. Department of State, which issued you the visa, but by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, specifically by CBP officers at the port of entry. Moreover,your B1 visa was never cancelled and is still valid for travel,and have in mind that a B1 and F1 are two different types of visas. You should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking entry into the United State. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 25, 2016
Holudarey01:

part 7 would help u a lot too.
If you need the transcripts
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkt7zz6y583qhna/APPROVED_VISAS_Part_7.pdf?dl=0
Nice job bro. I noticed this ones are the ppl going for msc, do u also hve the bsc own? If yes ppl post it so we can download it. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 2:38pm On May 25, 2016
Mekurexx:
Visa approved this morning! Short and smooth transcript... God is too wonderful.

Congrats man

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 25, 2016
Olacombs23:

Nice job bro. I noticed this ones are the ppl going for msc, do u also hve the bsc own? If yes ppl post it so we can download it. Thanks
Most guys here are going to graduate school..
If you can read through carefully, you'd find the few ones going for undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 2:42pm On May 25, 2016
@ Angelapinkytoes.. Nice reply from them..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 2:44pm On May 25, 2016
@ Holudarey01.. Baba mi how far?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 25, 2016
sanramon:
Hi everyone,

Please i need your advice here and its urgent.

"Who is paying for your US trip?" I have a fully funded MSc offer, so should I fill self-funded or university's name? What would your advice please? and there is a question about having relatives in USA “Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States”? I have my elder sister in MN. He is a citizen. Should I answer Yes? These questions are in form DS-160

Please I need your quick reply.

Thanks

San-Ramon
Since you have assistantship, the sch is funding you.
I think you know the other answer. Say the truth.
Wish you all the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 2:45pm On May 25, 2016
dicapino:

Oyibo lady was the VO

V.O- How you doing

ME- FINE

V.O- Tell me of plans?

ME- My Dad.

V.O- What does he do?

Congrats Baba.......... Welcome to Obamaland. ......... God have ur Way in my Life Let my testimony happen to Jah.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 25, 2016
don4ye:
@ Holudarey01.. Baba mi how far?
I dey ontop mat dey pray ni.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 2:48pm On May 25, 2016
Congrats Dicapino and Mekurexx... Better Days ahead Bosses smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.