Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (679789 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 2:57pm On May 25, 2016
Mekurexx:
Visa approved this morning! Short and smooth transcript... God is too wonderful.

Congratulations.......... Welcome to Obamaland.......... God have ur Way in my Life Let my testimony happen to Jah

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 2:57pm On May 25, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
Okay I just received a mail from the Lagos Consulate concerning my two US B1 and F1 visas. This was the response: Thank you for your email.

Entrance to the United States is determined not by the U.S. Department of State, which issued you the visa, but by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, specifically by CBP officers at the port of entry. Moreover,your B1 visa was never cancelled and is still valid for travel,and have in mind that a B1 and F1 are two different types of visas. You should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking entry into the United State. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

Like I said earlier, you can hold two classes of visas. CBP officers should be your main concern. If you plan entering on B1 and then changing status to F1, you need to let them know at the port of entry after which you will have to go to the DHS office for change of status. The CBP part is tricky because your visa can get cancelled if you don't explain your situation and plans well. You can still travel on B1, go back to Nigeria and then come back on F1 as well. I would personally just enter on F1 if there is no urgent reason to travel way before your resumption date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 2:58pm On May 25, 2016
Good day all... My funding are from 3 sources... Scholarship, Myself and contribution from my Uncle. My uncle won't give me his statement, rather he transfered the money he promised to my account. [b][/b]Now is it ok and safe to take just my own statement of account to embassy? During the issuance of I-20, he sent the statement and bank letter to the school direct.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 25, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
Okay I just received a mail from the Lagos Consulate concerning my two US B1 and F1 visas. This was the response: Thank you for your email.

Entrance to the United States is determined not by the U.S. Department of State, which issued you the visa, but by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, specifically by CBP officers at the port of entry. Moreover,your B1 visa was never cancelled and is still valid for travel,and have in mind that a B1 and F1 are two different types of visas. You should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking entry into the United State. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.
Ok good. You've got no problem at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 3:17pm On May 25, 2016
biikeys:

I would personally just enter on F1 if there is no urgent reason to travel way before your resumption date.

I think everyone has expressed this sentiments ..... .@Angela Regarding if you will have issues or not is a 50/50 chance depending on who you meet at POE , so left for you to determine what risk is what taking or not .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 25, 2016
biikeys:

Like I said earlier, you can hold two classes of visas. CBP officers should be your main concern. If you plan entering on B1 and then changing status to F1, you need to let them know at the port of entry after which you will have to go to the DHS office for change of status. The CBP part is tricky because your visa can get cancelled if you don't explain your situation and plans well. You can still travel on B1, go back to Nigeria and then come back on F1 as well. I would personally just enter on F1 if there is no urgent reason to travel way before your resumption date.
She does not have any problem at all. Her status might even automatically be updated to F1 later without returning home. This is one of its kind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 3:20pm On May 25, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:

It's as simple as that.... hearing directly from the horse's mouth (embassy).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 3:21pm On May 25, 2016
@dicapino,

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 25, 2016
DareFadi:

I think everyone has expressed this sentiments ..... . Regarding if you will have issues or not is a 50/50 chance so left for you to determine what risk is what taking or not .
No 50-50 here brother. She's been to the US before and played by the rules.

This is where "travel history" play a major role. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 3:25pm On May 25, 2016
dicapino and Mekurexx congratulations... Oya meks your transcript don't be like a certain dickoflife wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 3:26pm On May 25, 2016
@imperiouxx boss i don reply your PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 3:29pm On May 25, 2016
Oya Holudarey01 , calfavour , don4ye na una turn now

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 3:31pm On May 25, 2016
Hello everyone. Congrats to everyone who just got their visa's approved. I also noticed that the popular peeps have been successful. That goes to show that hard work pays. Pls I have a question to ask. I just recently got a job with a bank, should I include it when filling my ds form?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 25, 2016
gunther6:
Oya Holudarey01 , calfavour , don4ye na una turn now
yes boss, we dey follow suit

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AgreatMan: 3:37pm On May 25, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:

This is a useless reply. If what you are going for is not xo important, you should probably chill.

@ dicapino. I am xo happy for you. Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by MsNas(f): 3:40pm On May 25, 2016
Angelapinkytoes

I'd advise you to enter on an F-1 so as to avoid stories that touch from the CBP officers at the point of entry. I've had issues like that, I had two F-1 visas that were both valid (funny but true). They sent me to secondary inspection and kept me there for almost 2 hours grilling me and asking me unnerving questions. It was not a pleasant experience. I almost missed my flight. Until I explained myself well, was I allowed to go.

You never can tell the mood of the officer you're gonna meet at the POE. My opinion

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 3:43pm On May 25, 2016
DeeTus:
No 50-50 here brother. She's been to the US before and played by the rules.

This is where "travel history" play a major role. cheesy

You be surprised , people are bounced daily with travel history.... Read the reply from the embassy , it doesn't mean much or guarantee anything and if she runs into any problem. the email clearly states its another department responsibility.... It just tells her that it is two separate department
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 3:46pm On May 25, 2016
malory84:
Hello everyone. Congrats to everyone who just got their visa's approved. I also noticed that the popular peeps have been successful. That goes to show that hard work pays. Pls I have a question to ask. I just recently got a job with a bank, should I include it when filling my ds form?

Pls guys, I need an answer. Kindly advice me. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by borie4u(m): 3:52pm On May 25, 2016
Guys how bad is a GRE score of 301. Can I get funding with a score of vb 147 N quantitave of 154. Pls answer urgently

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 25, 2016
borie4u:
Guys how bad is a GRE score of 301. Can I get funding with a score of vb 147 N quantitave of 154. Pls answer urgently
please note that the GRE is not the only factor considered in admission and funding decision.
Your Cgpa, TOEFL, SOP, LORs and resume would also go a long way.
Your discipline also matters and choice of university also matter.

MODIFIED: This would help you https://crunchprep.com/gre/2014/universities-gre-scores-300-to-310
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 4:01pm On May 25, 2016
I still don't understand why everybody keeps going back and forth on this Angela issue..... Am sure if she has a good reason for coming at this time, no CBP officer will send her back. This people are not sadist, they swore to a constitution and they are only trying to protect that

Angela Swtty grin , if you av a good reason to come, abeg do if not think twice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 25, 2016
aadeyi:
I still don't understand why everybody keeps going back and forth on this Angela issue..... Am sure if she has a good reason for coming at this time, no CBP officer will send her back. This people are not sadist, they swore to a constitution and they are only trying to protect that

Angela Swtty grin , if you av a good reason to come, abeg do if not think twice
Baba I hail you o
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by borie4u(m): 4:05pm On May 25, 2016
Holudarey01:

please note that the GRE is not the only factor considered in admission and funding decision.
Your Cgpa, TOEFL, SOP, LORs and resume would also go a long way.
Your discipline also matters and choice of university also matter.
MODIFIED: This would help you https://crunchprep.com/gre/2014/universities-gre-scores-300-to-310
Dare u may be right but I want to know how bad is it? Do I sit for another or stick with dis fairly average score
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 25, 2016
borie4u:

Dare u may be right but I want to know how bad is it? Do I sit for another or stick with dis fairly average score
What's your profile?
To be on a safer side, I think you should rewrite another GRE.
I know guys with scores <300 that got good funding.
So it depends on how well you play your cards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:09pm On May 25, 2016
borie4u:

You should be fine. Most schools set their cut off at 300.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 4:19pm On May 25, 2016
@Ms. Pinkytoes, Thanks for the clarification.
Is there any nairalander in Denver. E be like say the town na 99.9987654% Oyinbo. Na wah.

Why are apartments more expensive in yankee? Thought yankee was cheaper than Canada. $950/month for one bedroom. Not so shabby if it was all inclusive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by borie4u(m): 4:24pm On May 25, 2016
imperiouxx:

You should be fine. Most schools set their cut off at 300.

OK thanks
Holudarey01:

What's your profile?
To be on a safer side, I think you should rewrite another GRE.
I know guys with scores <300 that got good funding.
So it depends on how well you play your cards.
I have a cgpa of 3.3/5 and an MSC grade of 4.04/ 5.00
Intend PhD scholar awaiting admission with full tution
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by purplesummer(f): 4:35pm On May 25, 2016
Mekurexx:
Visa approved this morning! Short and smooth transcript... God is too wonderful.
Congratulations dear smiley

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 25, 2016
borie4u:
OK thanks
I have a cgpa of 3.3/5 and an MSC grade of 4.04/ 5.00 Intend PhD scholar awaiting admission with full tution
what's your discipline? You have a good cgpa. I hope you're writing TOEFL?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 25, 2016
DareFadi:

You be surprised , people are bounced daily with travel history.... Read the reply from the embassy , it doesn't mean much or guarantee anything and if she runs into any problem. the email clearly states its another department responsibility.... It just tells her that it is two separate department
I know what you mean. Normally, POE is totally different from the embassy. I don't think she'll encounter any problem but to play safe, she could wait for resumption of her school. That's all!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 4:42pm On May 25, 2016
DeeTus:
She does not have any problem at all. Her status might even automatically be updated to F1 later without returning home. This is one of its kind.

No
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 4:46pm On May 25, 2016
mevisbleek:
@Ms. Pinkytoes, Thanks for the clarification.
Is there any nairalander in Denver. E be like say the town na 99.9987654% Oyinbo. Na wah.

Why are apartments more expensive in yankee? Thought yankee was cheaper than Canada. $950/month for one bedroom. Not so shabby if it was all inclusive.

All depends on your location..

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.