Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg (37546 Views)

Poll: In your opinion, Pastor Ighodalo's remarriage was:

Unacceptable: 29% (28 votes)
Understandable: 70% (67 votes)
This poll has ended

Holy Ghost Congress A Political Congress - EX Pastor Of (RCCG), Bankole Solomon / Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church / How, Why Founder Of Rccg Woke Up From The Dead The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by Recognise: 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2009
@Pastor AIO

- Pastor AIO

First lets rewind . . .  wink

Because I cook, it doesnt necessarily mean am a chef

Because my neighbours cook, it doesnt necessarily make them chefs

My Mum cooks delectable & mouth-watering meals, still doesnt necessarily make her a chef . . .

My mate dons a chef's hat when cooking, that too doesnt necessarily make my mate a chef

Having a dog's collar round the neck doesnt necessarily make one a pastor

grin Capisce? grin

Pastor AIO:

Please everybody, what is the criteria to be a pastor?

Can pastorhood just be revoked like that? Na wa o!. . .

@Pastor AIO

- Pastor AIO

In a well known church that we all are somehow one way or the other too familiar with  grin

by and large the resident "pastors" are career (i.e. in a line of business) pastors soughting a meal ticket

They are not the genuine article

Criteria? you asked Pastor AIO

I'll show you criteria  . . .

Check out the biblical qualifications from 1 Timothy 3 (NIV) that makes a pastor NIV  wink wink

1 . . . If anyone sets his heart on being an overseer, he desires a noble task.

2 Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.

4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect.

5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?)

6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil's trap.

The following are the decisive factors that make a pastor

A desire to serve - a pastor should be called by God and should want to serve (this is reinforced by the apostle Peter in his first epistle)

Blameless - calls to mind Pilate's verdict on Jesus: "I find no fault in this man."

Husband of one wife - no polygamists or bigamists allowed

Temperate - self-disciplined

Sober-minded - contemplative and not given to irrational or irresponsible thinking / behavior

Good behavior - self-explanatory

Hospitable - friendly, compassionate, and welcoming

Able to teach - kind of an obvious one

Not given to wine - a modern day application would involve any form of substance abuse (liquor, drugs, etc)

Not violent - wife-beaters need not apply, nor should anyone that is abusive

Not greedy for money - this disqualifies a great deal of most pastors out there!

Gentle and not quarrelsome - there goes Fred Phelps and quite a few more firebrand, judgmental ultra-fundamentalists!

Not covetous - includes previous admonition against greed, but also encompasses other kinds of covetousness (such as looking at other men's wives, etc.)

One who rules his own house well - if the pastor can't take care of his own family or properly raise his own kids, he's not qualified

Not a "novice" - the pastor should be spiritually and emotionally mature and at least a little seasoned and educated

and last but not the least Solid testimony and reputation

- Sorry to hear about your brother's bad experience

"Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard,
they have trodden my portion under foot,
they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.
" - Jeremiah 12:10 KJV
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by Temmiegirl(f): 10:32pm On Aug 19, 2009
I suggest we all be careful of what we say or assume, as everyone will give account of his/or words and actions. Also, the Bible says 'Touch not my annointed and do my prophet no harm" if u say what is wrong about a man of God, you will face the wrath of God,
The Bible is clear on this issue in Matt 19 v 9- the Bible says, God hates Divorce but u can divorce ur wife if she is unfaithful, BUT you commit adultry if u re-mary. You can only re-marry if and when ur divorced wife dies. That is the Bible, Take it or Face the wrath. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by sosisi(f): 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2009
Temmiegirl:

I suggest we all be careful of what we say or assume, as everyone will give account of his/or words and actions. Also, the Bible says 'Touch not my annointed and do my prophet no harm" if u say what is wrong about a man of God, you will face the wrath of God, The Bible is clear on this issue in Matt 19 v 9- the Bible says, God hates Divorce but u can divorce ur wife if she is unfaithful, BUT you commit adultry if u re-mary. You can only re-marry if and when ur divorced wife dies. That is the Bible, Take it or Face the wrath. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!

If I hear this scripture one more time ehn. angry
Ighodalu is anointed, the anointed Adeboye sacked him
so who will face that wrath?
quote the scripture within context
abeg.
See how wrath wrath dey comot your mouth.
God is a God of mercy,you've not read that part?
He will not rain fire on anyone for speaking in ignorance or for questioning some strange occurences in the Church.
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:26pm On Aug 19, 2009
$osisi:

If I hear this scripture one more time ehn. angry
Ighodalu is anointed, the anointed Adeboye sacked him
so who will face that wrath?
quote the scripture within context
abeg.
See how wrath wrath dey comot your mouth.
God is a God of mercy,you've not read that part?
He will not rain fire on anyone for speaking in ignorance or for questioning some strange occurences in the Church.

He is also a God of fire and brimstone abi have you not read that part grin
I think God is peeved that the tale of Noah has not been questioned either, this little skirmish should be at the back of a very very long line of questions, virgin birth sounds absurd to me too grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by spikedcylinder: 9:32am On Aug 20, 2009
AIYEKOOTO1:

God did not kill David on the roof top! neighter did God appear to saul Himself to tell him his kingship(pastorship) was over!,

Huh? What did I say? What are you saying?
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by Izusco: 10:28am On Aug 20, 2009
i think what the pastor did was wrong . Bible says that anybody that marries a divorcee committed adultery with the person. So the pastor has exposed his first wife to adultery and also his second wife is an adulterer for marring him. shocked embarassed
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by PastorAIO: 10:41am On Aug 20, 2009
Recognise:

@Pastor AIO

- Pastor AIO

First lets rewind . . .  wink

Because I cook, it doesnt necessarily mean am a chef

Because my neighbours cook, it doesnt necessarily make them chefs

My Mum cooks delectable & mouth-watering meals, still doesnt necessarily make her a chef . . .

My mate dons a chef's hat when cooking, that too doesnt necessarily make my mate a chef

Having a dog's collar round the neck doesnt necessarily make one a pastor

grin Capisce? grin

@Pastor AIO

- Pastor AIO

In a well known church that we all are somehow one way or the other too familiar with  grin

by and large the resident "pastors" are career (i.e. in a line of business) pastors soughting a meal ticket

They are not the genuine article

Criteria? you asked Pastor AIO

I'll show you criteria  . . .

Check out the biblical qualifications from 1 Timothy 3 (NIV) that makes a pastor NIV  wink wink

1 . . . If anyone sets his heart on being an overseer, he desires a noble task.

2 Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.

4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect.

5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?)

6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil's trap.

The following are the decisive factors that make a pastor

A desire to serve - a pastor should be called by God and should want to serve (this is reinforced by the apostle Peter in his first epistle)

Blameless - calls to mind Pilate's verdict on Jesus: "I find no fault in this man."

Husband of one wife - no polygamists or bigamists allowed

Temperate - self-disciplined

Sober-minded - contemplative and not given to irrational or irresponsible thinking / behavior

Good behavior - self-explanatory

Hospitable - friendly, compassionate, and welcoming

Able to teach - kind of an obvious one

Not given to wine - a modern day application would involve any form of substance abuse (liquor, drugs, etc)

Not violent - wife-beaters need not apply, nor should anyone that is abusive

Not greedy for money - this disqualifies a great deal of most pastors out there!

Gentle and not quarrelsome - there goes Fred Phelps and quite a few more firebrand, judgmental ultra-fundamentalists!

Not covetous - includes previous admonition against greed, but also encompasses other kinds of covetousness (such as looking at other men's wives, etc.)

One who rules his own house well - if the pastor can't take care of his own family or properly raise his own kids, he's not qualified

Not a "novice" - the pastor should be spiritually and emotionally mature and at least a little seasoned and educated

and last but not the least Solid testimony and reputation

- Sorry to hear about your brother's bad experience

"Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard,
they have trodden my portion under foot,
they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.
" - Jeremiah 12:10 KJV

So is there anybody on this planet that can qualify to be a pastor.

Me personally, my biggest downfall will be the 'not given to wine' part. I am extremely partial to generous quantities of Christ's blood.
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by REALTRUTH1: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2009
Izusco:

i think what the pastor did was wrong . Bible says that anybody that marries a divorcee committed adultery with the person. So the pastor has exposed his first wife to adultery and also his second wife is an adulterer for marring him. shocked embarassed
Stop saying the Bible said a thing without giving the exact quotation! Read 1st Cor.7 verses 15,,,,its been quoted here several times,,,,U don't pcik up an isolated portion of the Bible to give a general or sweeping conclussion.
What about the Adultress that Jesus encountered? she had several men as husband,,,what was or is the message from her case? ofcourse,,,she would have been stoned 2 death.
The proper question here is; what has the church been doing in the last 2yrs? didn't the G.O. approved the marriage earlier on?why would a church constitution becomes even more superior than the Bible?
Somethings re actually fishy! Until the G.O. stops listening to all those so called old elders surrounding him,,,RCCG might be ending for the rocks!!! Moreso, christians should stop hinging their faith,salvation and hope on any pastor,Bishop or G.O.,,,,, In their best forms,,they re mere human beings and particularly prone to mistakes,,,and that is the reason there re too many churches and pastors everywhere in the world much more in Nigeria.Many of these pastors,Bishop and G.O. in many ways having misinterpreting the scripture.
For instance,, Deeper over the yrs has insisted having a T.V. set in ur house is a SIN,,,,but in a couple of days, the Deeper Life Church would be launching a satelite T.V. station.Now the question is; how do deeper life wants people to view the messages on the Satelite T.V. station?Some people had argued this in the church, and they left the church because they felt it doesn't make sense! But today the church is launching its T.V. station!
The truth of the matter is that many of these pastors don't even know what they re doing! When U continue ur walk in the LORD and spend time observing these things,,,then U would know better.What we have these days is not but RELIGION,,,and religion is a mind controlling tools that keeps U in a BOX.
At a time in RCCG,,as a lady U must always have ur HEAD or HAIR covered,,,,but today,,,its a choice,,if U like to cover it fine,,,,and if not fine,,,,in the past in RCCG,,,U can't have jeans trousers on as lady,,,but today even pastors wife in RCCG puts on trousers.
Now going back to Ighodalo's saga,,,I promise U in the future God keeping us alive,,,this same scenerio would repeat itself,,,and the pastor or whoever in question would be pardoned,,,and when such happens,,,wouldn't U call it a double standard
In this case I repeat; RCCG is wrong!
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by GEW: 11:43am On Aug 20, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

Stop saying the Bible said a thing without giving the exact quotation! Read 1st Cor.7 verses 15,,,,its been quoted here several times,,,,U don't pcik up an isolated portion of the Bible to give a general or sweeping conclussion.
What about the Adultress that Jesus encountered? she had several men as husband,,,what was or is the message from her case? ofcourse,,,she would have been stoned 2 death.
The proper question here is; what has the church been doing in the last 2yrs? didn't the G.O. approved the marriage earlier on?why would a church constitution becomes even more superior than the Bible?
Somethings re actually fishy! Until the G.O. stops listening to all those so called old elders surrounding him,,,RCCG might be ending for the rocks!!! Moreso, christians should stop hinging their faith,salvation and hope on any pastor,Bishop or G.O.,,,,, In their best forms,,they re mere human beings and particularly prone to mistakes,,,and that is the reason there re too many churches and pastors everywhere in the world much more in Nigeria.Many of these pastors,Bishop and G.O. in many ways having misinterpreting the scripture.
For instance,, Deeper over the yrs has insisted having a T.V. set in your house is a SIN,,,,but in a couple of days, the Deeper Life Church would be launching a satelite T.V. station.Now the question is; how do deeper life wants people to view the messages on the Satelite T.V. station?Some people had argued this in the church, and they left the church because they felt it doesn't make sense! But today the church is launching its T.V. station!
The truth of the matter is that many of these pastors don't even know what they re doing! When U continue your walk in the LORD and spend time observing these things,,,then U would know better.What we have these days is not but RELIGION,,,and religion is a mind controlling tools that keeps U in a BOX.
At a time in RCCG,,as a lady U must always have your HEAD or HAIR covered,,,,but today,,,its a choice,,if U like to cover it fine,,,,and if not fine,,,,in the past in RCCG,,,U can't have jeans trousers on as lady,,,but today even pastors wife in RCCG puts on trousers.
Now going back to Ighodalo's saga,,,I promise U in the future God keeping us alive,,,this same scenerio would repeat itself,,,and the pastor or whoever in question would be pardoned,,,and when such happens,,,wouldn't U call it a double standard
In this case I repeat; RCCG is wrong!
truth
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by badboym: 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2009
Issues like this are why I said the World is confused.People read just one book and bring out different doctrines from it thereby leading to different denominations.It will really be nice on the last day to see how lots we think are Holy will be burning in Hell.This is why I have decided not to practise no more.Will rather give my money to an Orphanage rather than give them to a Pastor that doesn't know what he's doing.
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by yonybanta(m): 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2009
i think the general overseer has taken a good step by sacking the pastor, how can a pastor of the glorious word of God do such.
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by PastorAIO: 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2009
yony banta:

i think the general overseer has taken a good step by sacking the pastor, how can a pastor of the glorious word of God do such.

Is he a pastor of the word or a pastor of the flock?
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by Recognise: 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2009
Pastor AIO:

So is there anybody on this planet that can qualify to be a pastor.

Me personally, my biggest downfall will be the 'not given to wine' part.

I am extremely partial to generous quantities of Christ's blood.

@Pastor AIO

- Pastor AIO

". . . is there anybody on this planet that can qualify to be a pastor?" you asked

Yup there is; the criteria is there, all qualify if they so desire . . .  smiley

The clarion call is out for all albeit few are chosen grin

You reckon personally, that your biggest downfall will be the "not given to wine" part

There's nothing wrong with having the odd tipple now & then

Inasmuch as its taken in moderation, not abnormally used (i.e. not abused)

Also if taken for the right reasons, at the right moment, and its right by or with GOD;

now if all the former are/were met at the same time, its not an issue, its no biggie.

You wanna "shayo"? grin

Check out how to shack yourself up christian style Hoo-la-la-la!

Check this out: Geting drunk in the Spirit & not in wine grin

Ephesians 5:18:

[size=16pt]King James Version (KJV)
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Contemporary English Version (CEV)
Don't destroy yourself by getting drunk, but let the Spirit fill your life.

New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery; but ever be filled and stimulated with the [Holy] Spirit.
[/size]

"You're extremely partial to generous quantities of Christ's blood." you said

Likely out of ignorance, most christians, only drink/have Christ's blood occasionally, when conducted in "church"

So what do you mean by "your extreme partiality to a generous taking of Christ's blood" (i.e. the communion).

Do you mean you break bread and drink the communion regularly, as in everyday, to the excess etc or what? . . .
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by qblaze(m): 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2009
Na Wa O!!!

What is this world coming to?

Does it matter that one conman sacks another conman?

We should be thinking of how to end the racket.

Eunuch Adeboye owns a jet and Ituah Ighodalo is a billionaire. On Monday, Ituah added a courier company to his growing empire.

Screw them both.
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by otokx(m): 6:09am On Aug 21, 2009
Na wa o
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by PastorAIO: 9:59am On Aug 21, 2009
Recognise:

@Pastor AIO

[size=12pt]"You're extremely partial to generous quantities of Christ's blood." you said

Likely out of ignorance, most christians, only drink/have Christ's blood occasionally, when conducted in "church"

So what do you mean by "your extreme partiality to a generous taking of Christ's blood" (i.e. the communion).

Do you mean you break bread and drink the communion regularly, as in everyday, to the excess etc or what? . . .

Eucharistos is as often as I drink it, in remembrance of HIM (His imperial Majesty).
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by Recognise: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Eucharistos is as often as I drink it, in remembrance of HIM (His imperial Majesty).

@Pastor AIO

- Pastor AIO

Nice, nice . . . Nice

. . . as long as it's not unworthily or abnormally taken (i.e. abused) its aiight . . .
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by PastorSY: 5:58am On Aug 28, 2009
My comment goes beyond the issue of divorce to the trends I see in many ministries today. I am young pastor who has been priviledge to have been in ministry for many years and at different leadership levels so I believe I can speak with some degree of insight. Most men of God start off in ministry with a sincere heart and intention to serve God and humanity. They however begin to get into a rut when tremendous growth begins to be experienced and problem and the need for evangelism becomes pressing. The impulse then is to plant numerous churches startegically to reach this dying world. In order to plant churches, pastors must be trained. proven and released into the ministry so a bible school has to be setup. Once churches are planted complications arise because of structural issues. How do we control the pastors so they don't run off with the finances or with the congregation. Structures and new policies which will need to be modified as the ministry grows soon become established. The problem however with structure is that it is often not people sensitive. People only continue to exist as long as they do not kick the structure. Onec you tamoer with structure you are disposed of immediately. With respect to Pastor Ighodalo and I do not know the truth about the matter and chose to proceed with caution. The RCCG has a policy (structure) regarding divorce and remarriage. If he takes any step that doesn't line up with the policy, he must exit of not the pack of cards (RCCG structure) may collapse. If RRCG reviews their policy because of one person then those who would have suffered over the years and are too old to marry may feel bitter and you still will have trouble on your hands. The pharisees etc had no problem with Jesus until he began to kick the archaic pharasaical structure. he healed on the Sabbath - that was one of the fundamental pillars of Judaism. He therefore had to die or else the rulers of the temple will be looking for new jobs. The leadership of the church needs to take another look at whether or not what they are building truly glorifies God. To every pastor who has found themselves within a system that has become enshrined in legalistic structure, here is my advice. When David was in the house of Saul, the bible says he behaved himself wisely. Yet he did not allow his conscience to be seared. He still did righteously. Some of you may need to go through the house of Saul because there is Saul spirit in you and only Saul can kill Saul. You may need to go to through the house of Laban so you meet a greater than Jacob in order to experience a confrontation with the Father. Just thought to share my few thoughts on this matter.
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by VortexTM: 1:17pm On Oct 27, 2009
[color=#770077][/color]
I have read every comment on this matter so far and I wish to contribute thus without joining issues with anybody.

1. A leader is a leader and on no account should we violate grand rules and insist on remaining in office be it religious, social or political office.
2. In Mathew 19:8b Jesus said "in the beginning it was not so" meaning that God did not create marriage for divorce.
3. In Mathew 19:9 King James Version and confirmed as exact translation the condition for putting away not divorce is fornication. Because Jews marry as virgin and a lady found not to be a virgin is guilty of death. The Husband can forgive the act and continue the marriage, give her up for death sentence or put her away with a note.
4. Jesus said expressly in Mathew 19:9 that the 2 separated spouses must remain single as any remarriage will amount to Adultery.
5. The parties involved are all matured believers who can hear GOD. Hence we should all be careful not to judge the intent or action of these men of God.
6. In Genesis 20:7, God rebuked Abimelech and punished his household for Abraham sake even though Abraham erred by lying. Please let us watch how we comment or slander the Men of God.
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by KunleOshob(m): 3:06pm On Oct 27, 2009
Pastor SY:

My comment goes beyond the issue of divorce to the trends I see in many ministries today. I am young pastor who has been priviledge to have been in ministry for many years and at different leadership levels so I believe I can speak with some degree of insight. Most men of God start off in ministry with a sincere heart and intention to serve God and humanity. They however begin to get into a rut when tremendous growth begins to be experienced and problem and the need for evangelism becomes pressing. The impulse then is to plant numerous churches startegically to reach this dying world. In order to plant churches, pastors must be trained. proven and released into the ministry so a bible school has to be setup. Once churches are planted complications arise because of structural issues. How do we control the pastors so they don't run off with the finances or with the congregation. Structures and new policies which will need to be modified as the ministry grows soon become established. The problem however with structure is that it is often not people sensitive. People only continue to exist as long as they do not kick the structure. Onec you tamoer with structure you are disposed of immediately. With respect to Pastor Ighodalo and I do not know the truth about the matter and chose to proceed with caution. The RCCG has a policy (structure) regarding divorce and remarriage. If he takes any step that doesn't line up with the policy, he must exit of not the pack of cards (RCCG structure) may collapse. If RRCG reviews their policy because of one person then those who would have suffered over the years and are too old to marry may feel bitter and you still will have trouble on your hands. The pharisees etc had no problem with Jesus until he began to kick the archaic pharasaical structure. he healed on the Sabbath - that was one of the fundamental pillars of Judaism. He therefore had to die or else the rulers of the temple will be looking for new jobs. The leadership of the church needs to take another look at whether or not what they are building truly glorifies God. To every pastor who has found themselves within a system that has become enshrined in legalistic structure, here is my advice. When David was in the house of Saul, the bible says he behaved himself wisely. Yet he did not allow his conscience to be seared. He still did righteously. Some of you may need to go through the house of Saul because there is Saul spirit in you and only Saul can kill Saul. You may need to go to through the house of Laban so you meet a greater than Jacob in order to experience a confrontation with the Father. Just thought to share my few thoughts on this matter.

Nice submission, you have spoken like someone who has understanding. You should also be careful so you don't make the same mistakes in your ministry.
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by ngoziu(f): 10:54am On Oct 28, 2009
Marriage according 2 the bible is bw a man and a woman.and is until death do you part. God does not support separation and remarring.he cudnt have remarried.he cud have waited 4 God 2 bring back his cos ones ist life partner remains that till death.
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by nuclearboy(m): 7:20am On Jan 17, 2010
This thread is resurrected! Three months in the belly of NL wink

@KunleOshob, Pastor_Sy, etc:

I notice the thrust of your argument is that there is a "structure" i.e. a doctrine which you want to take as superceding the Word of God. Are you serious? Let me put it this way: The BIBLE says "leave her if she commits Adultery". The church rules says "Only if she dies". But you agree that the church rules are more binding on anyone within the system than the Word of God? shocked shocked

I think what you are saying is that you support that Muslims blow up everything and that Catholics are right to worship Mary BECAUSE the institutions these belong to have those as laudable rules!

@ngozi.u:

with all respect, the woman you want God to bring back to him has re-married! Would you like God kill the children she's borne for the other guy too?

@REAL TRUTH:

Good reasoning there.

All this putting men's words above God's Word is starting to turn my tummy and the only justification they find is the misused "Touch not my Anointed and do my prophet no harm". So what are you? God's Cursed? How do you know that you, reading this post that is seemingly "against" the prophets and anointed DO NOT have greater anointing from God? Or is it the fact that you do not stand in front of millions (YET) and tell them to take YOUR word over God's Word that makes you less anointed?
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by candyflos(f): 5:43pm On Nov 02, 2010
i ave gone tru all d comments n wot i think is dis,wot were they looking for 2 good yrs after d marriage b4 sacking d pastor in question?y dint they oppose it from d start, as in, immediately pastor itua brought up d idea of remarryin?do they still expect him to still wait 4 d wife that has left him for 10 solid yrs?happily married to another man n which has actually committed adultery which is d bible bases for divorce,i dnt see wot he has done to be bad bt a wise decision,he his not a "father"in catholics ,i see no sense in some pples comment saying wot if he is in catholics,its simple because he doesnt want to live his life in loneliness n boredom,d bible even says two is better than one.lets be sincere,how many of us can wait that long b4 considering going into another marital agreement?and again,God created marriage for 3 reasons n which are:pro-creation i.e giving birth,secondly for those that cant hold themselves sexually i.e those that love sex n instead of sleeping around with different pple,God created marriage,thirdly,for acompanyship i.e to keep each others company especially at old age when their children re no longer with them ,bt most importantly God created marriage for those who cannot hold themselves wen it comes to sexual urge,read ur bible vry well u will see all dis points.so,if pastor itua fall under the category of those that cannot hold themselves,instead of d pastor pretending to be holy while busy sleeping around,is it not better for him to remarry instead of d shameless act? ,wot advice wud u ave given to him if he comes to u for advice or suggest for him?think deeply on actions taken b4 supporting it, those of u that supported the sack option.its just dat many of us worship our pastors more than we worship God n bliv in our pastors dan we blive in God.GodBless.
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 02, 2010
Just wondering ==>

Is there an upper limit to the number of divorces [/b]and [b]re-marriages in a pastor's life?
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by KunleOshob(m): 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2010
@nuclearboy
You miss my point, what I was commending was his thorough analysis of the reason why churches behave in rather unbiblical ways. It does not suggest in anyway that I even remotely endorse or agree with such practises. I was simply commending his analysis.
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by nuclearboy(m): 9:44pm On Nov 02, 2010
^^Point taken smiley
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by Deschil: 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
Matthew 5:32 - But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Luke 16:18 - Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from [her] husband committeth adultery.

Malachi 2:16 - For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for [one] covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.

Matthew 19:9 - And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except [it be] for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Deuteronomy 24:1-4 - When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house...

1 Corinthians 7:15 - But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such [cases]: but God hath called us to peace.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11 - And unto the married I command, [yet] not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from [her] husband:...

Romans 7:2 - For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband. *This applies to men also-he cannot remarry even after divorce until his wife is dead*

Romans 7:1-3 - Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?...

Mark 10:12 - And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Deuteronomy 24:1-22 - When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house.

Hebrews 13:4 - Marriage [is] honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

1 Corinthians 7:11 - But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to [her] husband: and let not the husband put away [his] wife.

Romans 7:3 - So then if, while [her] husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Romans 7:2-3 - For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband...

Mark 10:11-12 - And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her...

Mark 10:11 - And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.

Mark 10:2-12 - And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away [his] wife? tempting him...

Matthew 19:6 - Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Matthew 19:4-6 - And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made [them] at the beginning made them male and female...

Matthew 19:3-9 - The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?...

Matthew 5:31-32 - It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:...

Matthew 5:31 - It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

Genesis 2:24 - Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Titus 1:6 - If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.

Ephesians 4:32 - And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Mark 10:2 - And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away [his] wife? tempting him.

Matthew 19:8 - He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Matthew 19:3-12 - The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?...

Matthew 19:1-30 - And it came to pass, [that] when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judea beyond Jordan;...

Deuteronomy 24:4 - Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that [is] abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee [for] an inheritance.

Deuteronomy 24:1-3 - When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house...

Exodus 20:14 - Thou shalt not commit adultery.

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by tracy5: 12:50am On Nov 29, 2017
Hello, I am a Belgian mother of 17-year old son with autism. My son is verbal,followed normal education with help from me, his issues : shyness, constipation, concentration problems, problems with maturity, practically no friends because interaction with people is difficult, parasite, yeast on him, acne, kind of dandruff on top of his head. Since the age of 8, we have been trying a lot of natural supplements, hospitals med and i have wasted a lot of money trying to make him became a man and live freely without being intimidated by friends in the neighbor hood also to get him better and more focused for school matters and his general health. Nothing ever seems to pull through not until one day, i decided to share his situation to a very close friend of mine who claims there is an herbal man who cured her 12 years old son called Baba Alika and has also helped a lot of women to cure their children's Autism. quickly i contacted his email: babaalikahealinghome@gmail.com been giving to me by miss Ava, just to give him a test, i spoke to him he asked me to purchase his Autism roots herbs and seed oil which i did, he promised to send it as soon as purchased and thereafter i received it and start to use the Autism herbal med immediately on him for only 7 days instructed by Baba Alika. it was unbelievable after 21 days i was my son totally cured and free from Autism disgrace and embarrassment. There was so much improvement. He seems to get more awareness, gives more interaction at home, interact with friends that never wanted him close. Today i am here to spread the good news of my son health on how Baba Alika saved him from the nightmare and outbreaks of Autism. You can contact him via email: babaalikahealinghome@gmail.com if you are still in my past situation...I guarantee you, your Autism child is going to be healed and feel alive again just as mine right now.
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by Ochoiho: 10:25am On Nov 29, 2017
qblaze:
I'm very saddened by this action because our G.O has many secret wives but nobody forced him to leave the church. Everybody knows that Sandra, one of the prettiest choristers in RCCG is the G.O's girlfriend. It is not fair to apply double standards in the house of the Lord.

If it were to be in the old Testament, some of you will just turn to a Pillar of Salt
Re: Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg by stanley140: 6:25pm On Dec 04, 2017
Hello, I am a Belgian mother of 17-year old son with autism. My son is verbal,followed normal education with help from me, his issues : shyness, constipation, concentration problems, problems with maturity, practically no friends because interaction with people is difficult, parasite, yeast on him, acne, kind of dandruff on top of his head. Since the age of 8, we have been trying a lot of natural supplements, hospitals med and i have wasted a lot of money trying to make him became a man and live freely without being intimidated by friends in the neighbor hood also to get him better and more focused for school matters and his general health. Nothing ever seems to pull through not until one day, i decided to share his situation to a very close friend of mine who claims there is an herbal man who cured her 12 years old son called Baba Alika and has also helped a lot of women to cure their children's Autism. quickly i contacted his email: babaalikahealinghome@gmail.com been giving to me by miss Ava, just to give him a test, i spoke to him he asked me to purchase his Autism roots herbs and seed oil which i did, he promised to send it as soon as purchased and thereafter i received it and start to use the Autism herbal med immediately on him for only 7 days instructed by Baba Alika. it was unbelievable after 21 days i was my son totally cured and free from Autism disgrace and embarrassment. There was so much improvement. He seems to get more awareness, gives more interaction at home, interact with friends that never wanted him close. Today i am here to spread the good news of my son health on how Baba Alika saved him from the nightmare and outbreaks of Autism. You can contact him via email: babaalikahealinghome@gmail.com if you are still in my past situation...I guarantee you, your Autism child is going to be healed and feel alive again just as mine right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Video Of Father Mbaka Warning Buhari That Disaster Is Coming / Is It A Sin For Married People To Watch Porn? Some Pastors Said No / I Think I'm Losing My Belief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.