Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,421 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Why Nigerian Women Bleach! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Women Bleach! (2661 Views)

If Men Are The Reason Women Bleach, Why Then Do Men Bleach? / 77% Of Nigerian Women Bleach Their Skin / Counter Thread: 10 Reasons Why Nigerian Girls Suck At Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by ibigbemiajax(m): 5:18pm On May 16, 2016
In recent times, skin lightening has gained more popularity than it ever did before in Nigeria. Awareness in the field of skin care has grown, the desire for flawless skin has increased, and women are lightening their skin tones like their lives depend on it. There are 4 reasons why Nigerian women are eager to join the light-skinnedom:

To Beat Colorism

In spite of the fact that we are all Africans, colorism occurs. Look at it as racism between people of the same race (how dumb). Nigerian women lighten their skin to stay on the favoured side of colorism; the fair skinned side.

To Fade Imperfections

Some women genuinely use skin lightening products to fade scars, spots and discolorations, before finally giving to the temptation to completely lighten their skin.

To Escape Stigma
Unconscious yet harmful statements like “see as you black” and “you be like under of pot” are things that push Nigerian women over the edge and make them lighten their skin.

To Gain Confidence

Some women are raised to loathe the darker complexion, because colorism is sometimes transferred from generation to generation. This fosters self-hatred and a desire to ditch all they have been told, mars their beauty. Hence they lighten their skin.

Skin lightening is a trend that more Nigerian women have failed than succeeded at. Done properly, nobody cares. Everybody loves a light skinned woman. What is your take on skin lightening? Would you try it?

Read More Here: http://234buzz.com/4-reasons-nigerian-women-lighten-skin/?utm_source=NairaLand&utm_medium=Post&utm_term=234buzz&utm_content=234buzz&utm_campaign=NairaLand

Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by falconey(m): 5:24pm On May 16, 2016
from dark to fair is bleaching but from chocolate to fair is fare.
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Laveda(f): 5:24pm On May 16, 2016
Gain confidence

Really ? So I can't be confident of myself cause I'm dark skinned? I see undecided

Low self esteem at it's peak. sad

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by sinaj(f): 5:28pm On May 16, 2016
Reasons ain't kul enough sad

When talking bout scars, dark skin hides scars more than light skin.
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by RoyalBlak007: 5:28pm On May 16, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 16, 2016
and before is more beautiful
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by DRISKLEF(m): 5:38pm On May 16, 2016
There's no justification whatsoever for tryna destroy your real skin.

I call it foolishness because even if one's got a spot on her face, there are lotions to use and exfoliate the spots. sad

Ladies are just too insecure and wordly-minded thats all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 16, 2016
Inferiority complex
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by kossyablaze(m): 5:40pm On May 16, 2016
Hoe alert
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Ginaz(f): 5:44pm On May 16, 2016
sad whatttt?
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by ogeodi(f): 5:58pm On May 16, 2016
Low self esteem
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Hannysmilez(f): 6:00pm On May 16, 2016
You guys should stop being silly. Bleaching is a 'black woman' thing nd not restricted to Nigerian girls only. Afro-Americans and Latinas too bleach,we've seen Lil Kim and the rest.
Most of our girls feel they need to be 'white' to gain the attention they crave and somehow its not their fault. We should help them see they don't need to bleach to be pretty and not bash them for it.
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by joseph1832(m): 6:15pm On May 16, 2016
Hannysmilez:
You guys should stop being silly. Bleaching is a 'black woman' thing nd not restricted to Nigerian girls only. Afro-Americans and Latinas too bleach,we've seen Lil Kim and the rest.
Most of our girls feel they need to be 'white' to gain the attention they crave and somehow its not their fault. We should help them see they don't need to bleach to be pretty and not bash them for it.
Most men believe the best way to make a woman listen is to bash her, as trying to convince her gently will make her arrogant and aggressive. Call it a radical approach. Lol.
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:25pm On May 16, 2016
Op, you need Jesus in your life...

And you are asking God to Answer your call, when your voice and your face don't tally...

Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Hannysmilez(f): 6:26pm On May 16, 2016
joseph1832:
Most men believe the best way to make a woman listen is to bash her, as trying to convince her gently will make her arrogant and aggressive. Call it a radical approach. Lol.
This explains why women that get bashed never change. I find it really ironic
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by joseph1832(m): 6:28pm On May 16, 2016
Hannysmilez:
This explains why women that get bashed never change. I find it really ironic
You think women who gets bashed never change? Wow.
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Hannysmilez(f): 6:48pm On May 16, 2016
joseph1832:
You think women who gets bashed never change? Wow.
Well,I'm yet to see the likes of Afrocandy or Rukky Sanda or any other A list 'bashee' change so yes,I stick to my opinion of 'Bashing people don't change them'. You'd like to prove otherwise?
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by joseph1832(m): 6:52pm On May 16, 2016
Hannysmilez:
Well,I'm yet to see the likes of Afrocandy or Rukky Sanda or any other A list 'bashee' change so yes,I stick to my opinion of 'Bashing people don't change them'. You'd like to prove otherwise?
Oh! Afrocandy and Rukky Sanda are earning a living, so I don't think they'll change. Does one earn a living from bleaching? Lol.
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Hannysmilez(f): 6:59pm On May 16, 2016
joseph1832:
Oh! Afrocandy and Rukky Sanda are earning a living, so I don't think they'll change. Does one earn a living from bleaching? Lol.
What they're getting bashed for is an advantage. Same with the ladies that bleach. They must have accomplished what they set out for by bleaching,so bashing won't even move them. Funny enough,their accomplishments keep on motivating the younger ones to follow in their footsteps.
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by joseph1832(m): 7:02pm On May 16, 2016
Hannysmilez:
What they're getting bashed for is an advantage. Same with the ladies that bleach. They must have accomplished what they set out for by bleaching,so bashing won't even move them. Funny enough,their accomplishments keep on motivating the younger ones to follow in their footsteps.
That's why the younger ones will get bashed too. Its a cycle you know.
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Hannysmilez(f): 7:04pm On May 16, 2016
joseph1832:
That's why the younger ones will get bashed too. Its a cycle you know.
exactly my point. They don't care about being bashed. They have a goal they're aiming at. Hence,they'd never change if all we do is bash.
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by joseph1832(m): 7:10pm On May 16, 2016
Hannysmilez:
exactly my point. They don't care about being bashed. They have a goal they're aiming at. Hence,they'd never change if all we do is bash.
kiss
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by ibigbemiajax(m): 12:03am On May 17, 2016
Hannysmilez:
but u can t deny the fact that Nigerian babes misuse the fact
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by ibigbemiajax(m): 12:04am On May 17, 2016
joseph1832:
oga yes o people make money from bleaching o..look at dencia
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Nobody: 12:10am On May 17, 2016
Never understood why girls bleach, a black chic will always be more beautiful and sexy than a fair chic, infact I won't mind a Babe black like charcoal that if NEPA strikes its only her teeth I will be seeing but seriously fair chics at most can be attractive. This bleaching has got to stop........and no I am not bleaching.
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Hannysmilez(f): 1:40pm On May 17, 2016
ibigbemiajax:
but u can t deny the fact that Nigerian babes misuse the fact
You sef know that anything involving Nigerians always has problem. Bleach well,they will not o. They'd end up looking like a work of art,different shades of brown on just one person.
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 17, 2016
It all boils down to low self esteem
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 17, 2016
sinaj:
Reasons ain't kul enough sad

When talking bout scars, dark skin hides scars more than light skin.

yeah scars are more noticeable on fair skin.
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Captain6(m): 3:27pm On May 17, 2016
osedvgirl:
and before is more beautiful
Babe,if beauty were time,you'd been eternity. kiss
Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Burgerlomo: 8:23pm On May 17, 2016
Laveda:
Gain confidence

Really ? So I can't be confident of myself cause I'm dark skinned? I see undecided

Low self esteem at it's peak. sad

Nice one. I owe you one zobo drink grin

Re: Why Nigerian Women Bleach! by Laveda(f): 10:13pm On May 17, 2016
Burgerlomo:

Nice one. I owe you one zobo drink grin

grin

(1) (Reply)

Describe The Person Above You In One Word / These Eye-opening Stories By Men Who Were Sexually Assaulted Need To Be Heard / Makeapp: An App That Removes Make Up From Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.