Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans (42049 Views)

9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / My Experience In The Hands Of MTN Nigeria Whatsapp Care [see Pictures] / How To Opt Out Of MTN Subscriptions That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by phayvoursky(m): 6:57am On May 17, 2016
SINCE D PAST FOUR MONTHS I HAVEN'T DONE SH*T WITH MY MTN SIM.

AINT INTERESTED IN DEM AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by MrTeeo: 6:58am On May 17, 2016
Had the same issue, better talk plan is a scam. Am back to Glo.. . I am back to hating Mtn

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by olarhtunji(m): 6:59am On May 17, 2016
ritababe:

glo like seriously? that's the network I will advice for my enemy so that they won't get me on time.

y'all be thinking glo network is bad but it actually depends on your location..mine is very fast...I did the glo 1.5gig last week Sunday....and I have browser very heavily and download A lot I expect it to have finished and I saw 578mb left diz mawnin.... they give u d worth of your money

7 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by mrhansome12(m): 7:00am On May 17, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Stick with Glo
glo de zap too I no trust all this thieves
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:00am On May 17, 2016
MUVA:
MTN's call center agents are the WORST in the history of call center agents! Don't even waste your time trying to get compensated or re-enbursed your stolen data because they will keep looking for every possible means to pin the blame on YOU so as not to give you a refund.

I've been there, done that. And guess what? My MTN line has been permanently switched off/relegated for more than 4 months now. Etisalat ti take over! Fvck dah shii undecided

I tell you
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by horlabiyi(m): 7:00am On May 17, 2016
This is why ill stick with the data share. It's better to enjoy the value of my money rather than this shit
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Olafeyeni: 7:01am On May 17, 2016
ritababe:

glo like seriously? that's the network I will advice for my enemy so that they won't get me on time.
They've improved a whole lot now

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by NnamdiN: 7:01am On May 17, 2016
Laveda:
That was huge sad.

Haven't encountered such tho so I wouldn't really know.

But I'm sure their customer care wouldn't give you any good feedback grin
They've always been like that. undecided they'll start saying jargons..

I'm sorry about that ehn sad
you guys need to realize that the customer care guys are usually as helpless as everyone else. Most times, there's no explanation. The system would show that everything is alright but the damn data just vanished. What do you expect the agent to say? He was even lucky the guy tried to explain.
For such calls, our best answer is "the application i'd use to check your line isn't available at the moment, kindly give us a call back". No time.

5 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by skywalker001(m): 7:01am On May 17, 2016
lifetimeanywher:
I think MOD should ban people like you for a life time but am sure they won't cuz na wetin e no concern dem dy go kari for head.... SCAMMER!!! WATCH!!![color=#990000]

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by mranova(m): 7:01am On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:
I subscribed to the new MTN Data plan of 2,000 naira for 3.5gig yesterday. I'm on the Bettertalk plan which gives me triple of every recharge so I got 4,000 naira bonus upon recharge.

I did the subscription while still having the bonus intact. Now according to a Customer Care representative when I enquired sometime ago, I was told that if you subscribe to any data plan on Bettertalk, before your data starts getting deducted they would start deducting from the bonus airtime for any internet-related activity. That is however true from my previous data subscription with MTN when I used to do the 4.5 gig for 2,500 Naira.

For the past 20 hours I have made calls and used the Internet all of which were charged from my 4,000 nara bonus airtime.

Late into the evening, I checked my data balance and I had my full 3.5gig intact and I saw another 700mb for night plan. I disregarded that as system error and went about my own normal business.

I used the Internet for a while and about three hours later, I wanted to see if they had started deducting from my data and Lo! I saw I had 615mb left.

I didn't download. In fact I made sure I didn't download because I wanted to ensure I used a substantial amount of the airtime to make calls.

How on earth did I spend 2.9 gig in three hours?

I called Customer Care and they were quoting some nonsensical thousands of kilobytes that I used.

My phone is telling me otherwise. No matter the difference in the data usage calculations, it shouldn't be that much. Screenshot attached.

This is a huge inconvenience from MTN. 2,000 Naira might be meagre but this is unacceptable.

This is not my first time of subscribing on this phone for different data plans. Why is this different? I am not going to accept this.

CC: Lalasticlala

Dominique
You should try etisalat
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by waxclick(m): 7:02am On May 17, 2016
kingphilip:
Hmmmm that's emptyhen for you

How about switching to airtel and enjoy their 5x bonus I think that's better than better talk

Do that and thank me later

And how can that package(5xbonus) be subscribed on airtel
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by PrinceMario(m): 7:02am On May 17, 2016
Op, I'll advice you switch to either etisalat or airtel. Something like this happened to me some months back and ever since then, I've stopped subscribing on there sim and have been enjoying airtel.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by PrinceMario(m): 7:02am On May 17, 2016
Op, I'll advice you switch to either etisalat or airtel. Something like this happened to me some months back and ever since then, I've stopped subscribing on there sim and have been enjoying airtel.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by fejicruz(m): 7:02am On May 17, 2016
If your current data plan is expiring 30th May & you subscribe before that date today 17th May, the new expiry date would be 30th June & not 17 June. They simply elongate the expiry date.

gift01:
I don't believe this one bit. Am not holding forth for MTN but recheck what you subscribed for. Based on their advert I saw today (with Falz the bad guy) they called it Pulse reloaded. So if you not on MTN pulse....magical things could happen. Can we have a screen shot of when you subscribed? The 3gig for 2k would last for 30 days. Why is yours expiring July 2016? No vex oh but let's just properly scrutinize you. Cheers

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by amAZEing: 7:02am On May 17, 2016
Sticking to my ol' fashioned plans until they sort 'em shlt out and false screen created by the deceptive data war clears.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by LEAFLET(m): 7:04am On May 17, 2016
First of all check of your laptop is on automatic update and that might be sucking your mb without knowing. That's always the main reason why megabytes disappear

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by OnlyemmyM(m): 7:04am On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:
Thank You. They even asked me to go to their office. I won't take this.

I don't care what length I have to go. That data must be returned.
Bros don't be offended, mtn are frustrated because other network are making their market to fall so the scam us with mtn surprise package and still stole from us, They stole my 1000 naira bonus yesterday, Take heart please.

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Optimisticgondy(m): 7:04am On May 17, 2016
Bleep MTN. I did the #1,000 for 1.5gb on Saturday, and since Sunday, I've only been able to use the data between 9pm and 6am; what nonsense. I'll never subscribe for their data plan again unless this problem is resolved as I have called their customer line more than 10 times

3 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by osuntokun(m): 7:04am On May 17, 2016
I had a similar experience, I subscribed for the 4.5gig data bundle and between Friday and Monday I have exhausted 1.5 gig for day. I was told by the customer service that that data plan seized to work from 15th, I should not have subscribed for it, perhaps, I have exhausted my bundles. I used office WiFi on Friday and Monday during office hours and only Facebook, check emails and do nairaland on weekends - all these cannot exhausted my 1.5 gig. Now I have subscribed for the 3.5 gig plan for 2 k. I am seriously considering porting to airtel or glo to

3 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Observant: 7:05am On May 17, 2016
People still day use MTN?
I suffer worse in the hands of these very corrupt cooperate criminals. Op just keep calm an port your line to etisalat. Don't forget to activate easy life 4.0

3 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by bongolistik(m): 7:05am On May 17, 2016
FrancisDiote:

The last thing MTN will do is return the data... Sorry about that
They might return it, they recently returned my data after I did N500 plan, they gave me 150mb, I was using it till it got to 30mb, yesterday I decided to check my account balance and I saw they have restored the remaining mb that was not given to me when I subscribed and now I am having 600+mb
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by JideSM: 7:06am On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:
I subscribed to the new MTN Data plan of 2,000 naira for 3.5gig yesterday. I'm on the Bettertalk plan which gives me triple of every recharge so I got 4,000 naira bonus upon recharge.

I did the subscription while still having the bonus intact. Now according to a Customer Care representative when I enquired sometime ago, I was told that if you subscribe to any data plan on Bettertalk, before your data starts getting deducted they would start deducting from the bonus airtime for any internet-related activity. That is however true from my previous data subscription with MTN when I used to do the 4.5 gig for 2,500 Naira.

For the past 20 hours I have made calls and used the Internet all of which were charged from my 4,000 nara bonus airtime.

Late into the evening, I checked my data balance and I had my full 3.5gig intact and I saw another 700mb for night plan. I disregarded that as system error and went about my own normal business.

I used the Internet for a while and about three hours later, I wanted to see if they had started deducting from my data and Lo! I saw I had 615mb left.

I didn't download. In fact I made sure I didn't download because I wanted to ensure I used a substantial amount of the airtime to make calls.

I called Customer Care and they were quoting some nonsensical thousands of kilobytes that I used.

My phone is telling me otherwise. No matter the difference in the data usage calculations, it shouldn't be that much. Screenshot attached.

This is a huge inconvenience from MTN. 2,000 Naira might be meagre but this is unacceptable.

This is not my first time of subscribing on this phone for different data plans. Why is this different? I am not going to accept this.

Dominique

Apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly PM your number for assistance.
Please see thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/147

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by fredie107(m): 7:06am On May 17, 2016
I subscribed for the weekly plan of 750mb, after streaming a premier league match, I had about 400mb left which is to expire this week, but to my greatest surprise, I checked my data balance and I notice the data has metamorphosed into 837mb and expiry date reads July, 2016. May be am lucky oooo. But this MTHen sef grin grin
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by fabfunmi(f): 7:06am On May 17, 2016
lol...i dont know why i dint stick with my glo...i subscribed for the 1.5g plan last week now whats left is just rubbish without any download...back to glo no time for rubbish...
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 7:07am On May 17, 2016
Mine was 3.7gig ... MTN properties vandalization said is the way out. cry

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by DEBUCHMANNY: 7:07am On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:

Dominique
email your complaints to NCC. I once did it and they called me the following day to apologize. then gave prompt attention to my request.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by tope3x(m): 7:07am On May 17, 2016
It also happened to me yesterday, i subscribed for the 2000 naira(3.5 gigs) and in less than 2 hrs,i got disconnected,i actually thought it was the network and i waited for 5 mins, so i checked my data usage, and all gone...chai...i was very pained and i called their stupid customer care center,and the guy i spoke with told me alot of people have been calling them for samething that the problem is from their side, that their office is working to get things back on track, that i'll get back my data, i waited for another 3 hrs, still no data, i called again, they said the same thing they told me at 1st,i called again at 8pm, still same thing....MTN is a scam to us

7 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:08am On May 17, 2016
olarhtunji:

y'all be thinking glo network is bad but it actually depends on your location..mine is very fast...I did the glo 1.5gig last week Sunday....and I have browser very heavily and download A lot I expect it to have finished and I saw 578mb left diz mawnin.... they give u d worth of your money

Very very very TRUE!

3 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by MUVA(m): 7:08am On May 17, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:

Night crawler,shey u no dey sleep niii?!
Monitoring spirit gringringrin

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by uyisteven(m): 7:08am On May 17, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Stick with Glo
I keep saying MTN no make sense for data ish...no 1 wantz to hear.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Laveda(f): 7:09am On May 17, 2016
NnamdiN:
you guys need to realize that the customer care guys are usually as helpless as everyone else. Most times, there's no explanation. The system would show that everything is alright but the damn data just vanished. What do you expect the agent to say? He was even lucky the guy tried to explain.
For such calls, our best answer is "the application i'd use to check your line isn't available at the moment, kindly give us a call back". No time.

Dude so why are they there? undecided they are called the customer care/agents for a reason.
You don't come telling me they are helpless so of what use are they? Then their offices should be closed down since they've become totally useless. undecided

And I hope when you have a similar problem you'll be treated in that way you just suggested. sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Possible Reasons Why MTN Changed Recharge Card Loading Pattern, Reduces Card PIN / Nokia Set To Release Nokia C9. checkout the proposed specs / Check Out Iphone 8 And Iphone 8 Plus Specifications And Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.