Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans (42041 Views)

9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / My Experience In The Hands Of MTN Nigeria Whatsapp Care [see Pictures] / How To Opt Out Of MTN Subscriptions That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by paragon40(m): 11:41am On May 25, 2016
Come to my rescue ohh.... Subscribed on first of this month subscription will end on 1 june 2016.... I have 800 and something left... I can't browse for like 2days now with this mb.. Yesterday I recharged my line and was giving 10mb my phone was browsing again, I was happy thinking after the 10mb the main Sub will start working oyo was my case, after exhausting the 10mb... I was looking at the 834 wallpaper mb still not working.. I have called their cc they having bn playing chess with me... We have fwded the issue to technical department... Seems MTN technical Department guys don't come to work... Abi na tea dem dey drink for dr.. Have called more than 6 times.. not this kind of economy ohh... The previous scope was wipe ppls data... Now I have the data I cant browse..
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by JideSM: 7:56am On May 26, 2016
paragon40:
Come to my rescue ohh.... Subscribed on first of this month subscription will end on 1 june 2016.... I have 800 and something left... I can't browse for like 2days now with this mb.. Yesterday I recharged my line and was giving 10mb my phone was browsing again, I was happy thinking after the 10mb the main Sub will start working oyo was my case, after exhausting the 10mb... I was looking at the 834 wallpaper mb still not working.. I have called their cc they having bn playing chess with me... We have fwded the issue to technical department... Seems MTN technical Department guys don't come to work... Abi na tea dem dey drink for dr.. Have called more than 6 times.. not this kind of economy ohh... The previous scope was wipe ppls data... Now I have the data I cant browse..

Hello paragon40, so sorry to hear this. I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer Care Thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread where issue like this could be resolved promptly. I will also appreciate if you can send the affected mobile number via PM to enable me assist. Cheers
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by paragon40(m): 12:01pm On May 26, 2016
JideSM:

Hello paragon40, so sorry to hear this. I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer Care Thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread where issue like this could be resolved promptly. I will also appreciate if you can send the affected mobile number via PM to enable me assist. Cheers
Mr jide how many will i have to send, the one i sent ysterday no reply yet ..i wil appreciate u treat as urgent, it bn more than 24hrs nw delay defeat equity..i need to knw how for to take an action thanks..have bn managing the 10mb on my sim.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by silvesta007(m): 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
After Dasuki, i would suggest President Buhari should go for #Mtn. The perpetrated fraud on consumers are just too much.

I once recharged a N1,000 recently on my mtn line, to my surprise, you know, you always receive a prompt that "your recharge of so so amount was successful". Fine, I didn't get the prompt. I was forced to check my balance with the regular code command *556#. Thank God, my initial balance of about N215 or thereabouts was intact. I tried loading the card again, to my greatest surprise, I got a prompt that; "this card has already been used by you" (wow!!!). I checked my balance, it was the same N215 or 218. Honestly, a thousand Naira is gone.

I immediately placed a call to the customer service, after this explanation, i was asked to dictate the card's 'serial number'. They did their abracadabra on their end there, after being placed on hold for several minutes, the Agent attending to me said, the information on his system shows that the card was genuine, that the card has been loaded on my line, but it does not reflect on my line (sound mysterious right?). He later said he would have to attach my complaints and forward it to the technical dept for either a refund or otherwise. I was told that it would be resolved in 24hrs time.

Honestly, i felt pained, i felt cheated, i have been taken for a ride, not even because of a thousand naira card, but my heart goes to millions of Nigerian this Network must have cheated in their manner of service and operation.

It may interest you to know that up till now, nothing reasonable has been done, even after several calls to their customer service. They kept saying I should wait for the next 24hr. I have honestly waited more than 24,000hrs since the 8th of May 2016, and today is 31st July.

This is a big shame, this is a rip off. I think the Nigerian Govt should do something about all these anomalies, else these fraud would continue. It is me today, it may be you tomorrow.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by PrinceMario(m): 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2017
MTN na scam
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Neimar: 2:19am On Sep 07, 2017
Laveda:
That was huge sad.

Haven't encountered such tho so I wouldn't really know.

But I'm sure their customer care wouldn't give you any good feedback grin
They've always been like that. undecided they'll start saying jargons..

I'm sorry about that ehn sad

choi I luv you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Essential Android Apps! / Possible Reasons Why MTN Changed Recharge Card Loading Pattern, Reduces Card PIN / Nokia Set To Release Nokia C9. checkout the proposed specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.