Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans (42039 Views)

9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / My Experience In The Hands Of MTN Nigeria Whatsapp Care [see Pictures] / How To Opt Out Of MTN Subscriptions That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 7:12am On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:
I subscribed to the new MTN Data plan of 2,000 naira for 3.5gig yesterday. I'm on the Bettertalk plan which gives me triple of every recharge so I got 4,000 naira bonus upon recharge.

I did the subscription while still having the bonus intact. Now according to a Customer Care representative when I enquired sometime ago, I was told that if you subscribe to any data plan on Bettertalk, before your data starts getting deducted they would start deducting from the bonus airtime for any internet-related activity. That is however true from my previous data subscription with MTN when I used to do the 4.5 gig for 2,500 Naira.

For the past 20 hours I have made calls and used the Internet all of which were charged from my 4,000 nara bonus airtime.

Late into the evening, I checked my data balance and I had my full 3.5gig intact and I saw another 700mb for night plan. I disregarded that as system error and went about my own normal business.

I used the Internet for a while and about three hours later, I wanted to see if they had started deducting from my data and Lo! I saw I had 615mb left.

I didn't download. In fact I made sure I didn't download because I wanted to ensure I used a substantial amount of the airtime to make calls.

How on earth did I spend 2.9 gig in three hours?

I called Customer Care and they were quoting some nonsensical thousands of kilobytes that I used.

My phone is telling me otherwise. No matter the difference in the data usage calculations, it shouldn't be that much. Screenshot attached.

This is a huge inconvenience from MTN. 2,000 Naira might be meagre but this is unacceptable.

This is not my first time of subscribing on this phone for different data plans. Why is this different? I am not going to accept this.

CC: Lalasticlala

Dominique

MTN are just like devil, if dey give u #1, u'll later pay back with #100.
Bros u are paying for all the bonuses u av gotten in the past, just take heart.
I neva blame them, i blame NCC, corruption will neva allow dem talk.
I hate mtn wit passion

4 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by kenoz(m): 7:12am On May 17, 2016
Empty Hen

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:12am On May 17, 2016
I do say it. I don't trust MTN at all. If I have the power, I will send them packing.

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Dygeasy(m): 7:13am On May 17, 2016
DEBUCHMANNY:

email your complaints to NCC. I once did it and they called me the following day to apologize. then gave prompt attention to my request.
Please how did you go about sending the mail? Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 7:13am On May 17, 2016
MUVA:

Monitoring spirit gringringrin

cheesy grin Modern day Vampire. tongue

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by cuteemperor(m): 7:13am On May 17, 2016
Wait! Make I quickly go check the balance on the 1.5G for 1k subscription I did yesterday. Make MTN no joke with me oooo
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Optimisticgondy(m): 7:13am On May 17, 2016
JideSM:

Apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly PM your number for assistance.
This shows how hypocritical you are Mr. So, you've been here on Nairaland and we have been posting and mentioning you on your thread here https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/153#45682471 and you decide to ignore us? This shows how shameful MTN Customer "Care" agents are

10 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by HoneyB10(f): 7:13am On May 17, 2016
Mtn they can't be trusted but something must be wrong somewhere, I did that that and I have been using it for the past two weeks
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 7:14am On May 17, 2016
gift01:
I don't believe this one bit. Am not holding forth for MTN but recheck what you subscribed for. Based on their advert I saw today (with Falz the bad guy) they called it Pulse reloaded. So if you not on MTN pulse....magical things could happen. Can we have a screen shot of when you subscribed? The 3gig for 2k would last for 30 days. Why is yours expiring July 2016? No vex oh but let's just properly scrutinize you. Cheers
He myt be ryt.. I am on same beta talk plan and I subscribed for d 1k 1.5gb data 3dayz back, see my expiry date. My anger with them is dat I couldn't use my beta cos they deducted the money while I browsed without touching my data.. called customer care and dey say datz Hw it works.

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 7:15am On May 17, 2016
I nearly subscribed another data plan today until I saw this thread ..... Nairaland is one of the best to happen to me in this country recently.... God bless Seun

9 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by femeritus: 7:15am On May 17, 2016
gift01:
I don't believe this one bit. Am not holding forth for MTN but recheck what you subscribed for. Based on their advert I saw today (with Falz the bad guy) they called it Pulse reloaded. So if you not on MTN pulse....magical things could happen. Can we have a screen shot of when you subscribed? The 3gig for 2k would last for 30 days. Why is yours expiring July 2016? No vex oh but let's just properly scrutinize you. Cheers

That part that puts the expiry at July also got me thinking. Is the validity for 60 days?
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Chalatanace(m): 7:16am On May 17, 2016
No be only you oh OP, I did #500 - 1gb for a week and the second day they told me I have exhausted my data plan.

Brainslodge.com: Download and install the latest Google Play Services APK 9.0.83 for free

http://www.brainslodge.com/2016/05/download-and-install-latest-google-play.html

At last, the changed it to 1.5gb for night alone, so stupid

Y'ello! ,Your data bundle balance is 0.0 MB expires: 04/Jun/2016, additional balance 0.0 MB expires: 21/May/2016, Night Data balance is 1486.89 MB expires: 04/Jun/2016.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 7:19am On May 17, 2016
There is only one way to deal with the stupid MTN network. "Stop using their services" migrate to other network and the criminals (MTN) will go back to where they came from.

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nickiconcept(m): 7:19am On May 17, 2016
kingphilip:
Hmmmm that's emptyhen for you

How about switching to airtel and enjoy their 5x bonus I think that's better than better talk

Do that and thank me later
How is that done
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Dygeasy(m): 7:19am On May 17, 2016
femeritus:

That part that puts the expiry at July also got me thinking. Is the validity for 60 days?
My previous data plans. The expiry dates have simply been rolled over.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by bastien: 7:19am On May 17, 2016
BrainnewsNg:
MTN are thieves. Simple
hmm them don steal from you?
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by MaxxiPhilzoJr(m): 7:20am On May 17, 2016
kingphilip:
Hmmmm that's emptyhen for you

How about switching to airtel and enjoy their 5x bonus I think that's better than better talk

Do that and thank me later
Bro, what call bundle is that?
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Xyzaid(m): 7:20am On May 17, 2016
The same thing happened to me, i subscribed for 1.5gig , i only used like 65mb out of it before it was wiped out...MTN wont end well by God grace

3 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 7:20am On May 17, 2016
Let the campaign start.... Infirm ur family and friends to desist fro this plague called MTN cry

3 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Oche211(m): 7:23am On May 17, 2016
Mtn is like IMF or World bank. Never trust their free gifts or anything cheap from them. E dey purge belle

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 7:23am On May 17, 2016
Same thing happened to me o! My 3.5g plan was exhausted in 1 week on mtn. I hardly even finish 1.5g normally on other networks. Think the 3.5g plan is a scam.

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by fuck419: 7:23am On May 17, 2016
MTN IS NOT JUST CORRUPT, THEY ARE FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Ijaya123: 7:23am On May 17, 2016
ritababe:

glo like seriously? that's the network I will advice for my enemy so that they won't get me on time.

That's the network (glo) I've been on for over 10 years after I dumped mtn. A decision I never regretted.

4 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by gudluckgreat(m): 7:23am On May 17, 2016
ritababe:

glo like seriously? that's the network I will advice for my enemy so that they won't get me on time.

trust me Glo can never trick you or take up your data or airtime.
All there is to Complain By Some about Glo is that of Poor Network.
But In Owerri Here,it is the Fastest.
In My MTN now I have 1.3GB but can't Browse with It.
Called Customer care and they did all they could All to No avail
doesn't Happen to glo

3 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Pangea: 7:23am On May 17, 2016
Nigerian telecoms and data stealing
like 5 and 6!

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by ummeey: 7:23am On May 17, 2016
Mtn go give you 1, collect 10 from you. Apart from airtime recharge for calls. I don't transact any business with mtn.

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by greatjoey: 7:24am On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:
I subscribed to the new MTN Data plan of 2,000 naira for 3.5gig yesterday. I'm on the Bettertalk plan which gives me triple of every recharge so I got 4,000 naira bonus upon recharge.

I did the subscription while still having the bonus intact. Now according to a Customer Care representative when I enquired sometime ago, I was told that if you subscribe to any data plan on Bettertalk, before your data starts getting deducted they would start deducting from the bonus airtime for any internet-related activity. That is however true from my previous data subscription with MTN when I used to do the 4.5 gig for 2,500 Naira.

For the past 20 hours I have made calls and used the Internet all of which were charged from my 4,000 nara bonus airtime.

Late into the evening, I checked my data balance and I had my full 3.5gig intact and I saw another 700mb for night plan. I disregarded that as system error and went about my own normal business.

I used the Internet for a while and about three hours later, I wanted to see if they had started deducting from my data and Lo! I saw I had 615mb left.

I didn't download. In fact I made sure I didn't download because I wanted to ensure I used a substantial amount of the airtime to make calls.

I called Customer Care and they were quoting some nonsensical thousands of kilobytes that I used.

My phone is telling me otherwise. No matter the difference in the data usage calculations, it shouldn't be that much. Screenshot attached.

This is a huge inconvenience from MTN. 2,000 Naira might be meagre but this is unacceptable.

This is not my first time of subscribing on this phone for different data plans. Why is this different? I am not going to accept this.

Dominique

Nobody is ubiquitous in knowledge. The advertisement did not help issues as it left some sensitive information murky. In data subscription, if you are on better talk and you are given some bonuses after recharge, you don't use the same amount recharged for data subscription. This is because, the amount has lost its face value by virtue of the bonuses received, in this regard, after hundred percent of 2000. What you need do, for you to enjoy the data you must migrate from better talk before the next recharge. In this way, your data shall be fully utilised. You don't eat your cake and have it. Thank you.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:24am On May 17, 2016
bastien:
hmm them don steal from you?
See question. Shai

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Dapsin2901: 7:26am On May 17, 2016
GLO is the best for now

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by fangaj: 7:28am On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:

Dominique

infact the new 3.5gig for 2000 naira that's suppose to be all day and all night is actually day and night. MTN are liers-APC netwrk

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by femeritus: 7:29am On May 17, 2016
Almost everyone has the same complaint. MTN is a huge scam. Imagine how much they must have made with this scam in just a short time. I stopped using them and switched to ETISALAT when I discovered their ways were crooked. I was just thinking about giving them a second chance because of these new data plans but thank God for Nairaland, I am now informed that the leopard cannot change its skin.

My advice is that people should bombard NCC with complaints. Maybe they will need Nelson Mandela to plead their case this time around. Nonsense!

5 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by seenter84: 7:30am On May 17, 2016
Well if you used your phone as hotspot to give wifi to your computer. Then no refund for you o. because I figured myself each time I buy data and use it as hotspot for my computer without even downloading up to 100 Mb of data. They just keep ripping me off till I quit.

Meanwhile quit that better talk and rock 11k per sec

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Essential Android Apps! / Possible Reasons Why MTN Changed Recharge Card Loading Pattern, Reduces Card PIN / Nokia Set To Release Nokia C9. checkout the proposed specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.