Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. (40374 Views)

First Crude Oil Lift From Aje Field FPSO Due In August – Panoro Energy / Aje Oil Field Lagos With Pixs / Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Walelavender(m): 12:37pm On May 17, 2016
12inches1:

God bless you abundantly. That is how a nation works. Everyone brings something to the table. The earlier you realize that the better. There is a lot of Agriculture going on in the north. They provide food. They dont come on nairaland and say it is 'our food' or 'our cattle' You guys have 13 percent derivative already. The 13 percent what did your governors use it for. The iboris etc. Rather than invest it in Nigeria they used it to buy mansions abroad. Even the great united states of America, every state brings something to the table. And that is how a country develops.
Exactly bro.
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by idojo1: 12:57pm On May 17, 2016
pomide:
SOMEBODY GIVE THAT GOVERNOR TWO BOTTLES OF GUINESS EXTRA SMOOTH STOUT!

...and one big ORIJIN!
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by tolexy007(m): 1:01pm On May 17, 2016
DRISKLEF:
Look! The way they glow unlike the ordinariy citizens.

i tell u
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Standing5(m): 1:19pm On May 17, 2016
Walelavender:

I can't figure out the point you are trying to make. However if a region has taken it upon itself to make most agricultural produce available to other regions whilst others aren't involved in large scale, such a region should be applauded and not this name calling.
Each region has got its strengths and weaknesses. Getting food on the table is crucial to a nation development. Don't forget one of the goals of the defunct MDGs
#Eradicate poverty and hunger

God bless Nigeria
Stop talking trash bros. The north may help retain capital by providing much need alternative to foreign/imported. food stuff. Their lack of contribution of Natural resource is making them parasitic on other people's resource. If every region gets a lion share of her resources, they will all be more productive at all level.
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Standing5(m): 1:28pm On May 17, 2016
mapet:

....so the labour of Oil is not paid for and was under duress? How ridiculous can some of you be?
The man on whose land you explore hardly gets anything. My point is to motivate contributors to the nation's coffer by giving them a good share of their contribution. The dormant regions are happy to impede the growth of the forward thinking regions with population increase that gives them power to get large share of allocation n dominate decision making process.
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Walelavender(m): 1:57pm On May 17, 2016
Standing5:
Stop talking trash bros. The north may help retain capital by providing much need alternative to foreign/imported. food stuff. Their lack of contribution of Natural resource is making them parasitic on other people's resource. If every region gets a lion share of her resources, they will all be more productive at all level.
So my opinion is a 'trash' to you? Common, tell me what the economy of Nigeria was like before the discovery of oil at Oloibiri. Did Cocoa or cotton exports ring a bell? So agriculture/agricultural produce(cash and crop) aren't nothing to any economic growth again? This laughable grin
Try to be objective and ask countries who don't have oil how they survive on exporting apples(Canada) and coffee(Brazil)whilst their economies aren't doing badly.
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by aresa: 2:24pm On May 17, 2016
mapet:

Sis,

Institution and strength thereof is about leadership and collective willingness to foster it. It's not rocket science. If you look deeper at the Oil and Gas value chain, there are more than 10 Industries that are direct spin-off and more are dependent on the industry. Oil and Gas accelerated development in many countries including the United States.

Oil was a curse because our fore-fathers were ignorant and some greedy. The case of Lagos is different. Leaders in Lagos are well endowed, exposed and value-driven. They have methodically built Lagos with virtually no natural resource but ingenuity and innovation. Adding Oil to the mix for Lagos is more about expanding value in terms of associated industries, products and power.

Well said...
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Standing5(m): 2:52pm On May 17, 2016
Walelavender:

So my opinion is a 'trash' to you? Common, tell me what the economy of Nigeria was like before the discovery of oil at Oloibiri. Did Cocoa or cotton exports ring a bell? So agriculture/agricultural produce(cash and crop) aren't nothing to any economic growth again? This laughable grin
Try to be objective and ask countries who don't have oil how they survive on exporting apples(Canada) and coffee(Brazil)whilst their economies aren't doing badly.
More trash again. Why compare crop to mineral resources whose extraction renders land useless to farmers?
Was cocoa and rubber used to deny the north huge allocation from Tin mining activities? Ask serious questions n stop beating about the bush.
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by mapet: 2:58pm On May 17, 2016
Acidosis:

ahahahaha grin grin

I love my 'bush' like that cheesy

You, like Esau, that can deny your lineage over a pot of porridge (asaro), have no business quoting me grin grin

Which part of Lagos are you from?? Apart from selling your self-proclaimed inheritance to exterminated miscreants like Tinubu, and wanking over photos of wealthy microscopic few, what else can you call your OWN in Lagos?

My advice to you is to start searching for your great grandfathers' dry bones, just may be, some historians might help trace your lineage to Osun or Ekiti

grin

....and where will a bush rat like you know in Lagos, apart from the "markate" places as told by your brothers.......
Oh, Tinubu hunts still hunts you in your dreams grin grin grin grin grin.......
When they catch phrase "Eko o ni baje" was formed, they had you in mind....... you can come one of these days to see how bridges look like

1 Like

Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by aresa: 3:01pm On May 17, 2016
grin grin

Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by mapet: 3:04pm On May 17, 2016
Standing5:
The man on whose land you explore hardly gets anything. My point is to motivate contributors to the nation's coffer by giving them a good share of their contribution. The dormant regions are happy to impede the growth of the forward thinking regions with population increase that gives them power to get large share of allocation n dominate decision making process.

1. The moment you lot deal with the fact that Nigerian law says you own nothing below the ground, then you'll have a clearer perspective.
2. Everybody is contributing to the nations coffers in many ways. There is no share beyond 13%, which should have ideally made a massive improvement of ND, but for stealing which one of your leaders say is not corruption
3. There is no dormant region. The only dormancy I see is in thinking and ideology of you lot. Kaduna and Kano are way well developed and may even be better developed than the whole of ND, even without Oil. Their forefathers had laid the structures with their resources before the advent of oil. The last I checked, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa and Rivers gets the largest of the monthly revenue share......

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Standing5(m): 4:11pm On May 17, 2016
mapet:

1. The moment you lot deal with the fact that Nigerian law says you own nothing below the ground, then you'll have a clearer perspective.
2. Everybody is contributing to the nations coffers in many ways. There is no share beyond 13%, which should have ideally made a massive improvement of ND, but for stealing which one of your leaders say is not corruption
3. There is no dormant region. The only dormancy I see is in thinking and ideology of you lot. Kaduna and Kano are way well developed and may even be better developed than the whole of ND, even without Oil. Their forefathers had laid the structures with their resources before the advent of oil. The last I checked, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa and Rivers gets the largest of the monthly revenue share......
I did not argue there is no law. I mere argued against the effects of the law and suggest the law be re-adjusted.
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Standing5(m): 4:32pm On May 17, 2016
mapet:

stop feigning ignorance. The farmer up north gets paid by buyers. The man down south whose land has been damaged wouldn't be will allow further exporation in his vicinity. Stop throwing dormant logic about, everybody contributing. When the North provided tin for export thd got ~50% and everybody was motivated to work unlike now.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Walelavender(m): 4:34pm On May 17, 2016
Standing5:
More trash again. Why compare crop to mineral resources whose extraction renders land useless to farmers?
Was cocoa and rubber used to deny the north huge allocation from Tin mining activities? Ask serious questions n stop beating about the bush.
Your points obviously don't add up. We discussed, how sustainable a nation could be in diversity you are talking about environmental pollution, tell me who is digressing. I'm not a northerner so get that clearly. I however stand against divisive and unproductive opinions that make a region feel superior over another. Whether you come from the North or the South doesn't bother me. At this material time,we are still Nigerians!
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by bimbod(m): 8:52pm On May 17, 2016
overlord77:

Y'all shouldn't be overtly excited o, it does come with its ills. See what oil has done to Niger delta, practically destroyed that region. The real greed will come out in all persons from host communities and then the fight starts.

Yes you may be right, but at least the advantage outweighs the disadvantages. Every development has its own disadvantage, so it's better we embrace the opportunity rather than worry about the greediness of the people. That one we will deal with later.
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Akious2k2(m): 12:14am On May 18, 2016
Good 1
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by birdman(m): 2:01am On May 18, 2016
arresa:

Ambode no dey waste time...

I Love Lagos state I swear... grin

see as e dey tenu mo 13% derivation grin
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Pavarottii(m): 3:08am On May 18, 2016
aresa:

Speak for yourself and not for Lagosians..
So u r a lagosian?
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by aresa: 3:17am On May 18, 2016
[s]
Pavarottii:

So u r a lagosian?
[/s]

No, I'm from the moon..
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Phobia1: 7:38am On May 18, 2016
M4gunners:
40 liters per day i think?They will not let us hear words again.
wait til nxt yr wey Dangote refinery wil begin work. U think lagos is daft as u pple kilin urself for oyel. lol. its gon b d biggest refinery my broda.
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Pavarottii(m): 7:58am On May 18, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

No, I'm from the moon..
If u r from the moon, why are u claiming Lagos?
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by mapet: 10:47am On May 18, 2016
Standing5:
stop feigning ignorance. The farmer up north gets paid by buyers. The man down south whose land has been damaged wouldn't be will allow further exporation in his vicinity. Stop throwing dormant logic about, everybody contributing. When the North provided tin for export thd got ~50% and everybody was motivated to work unlike now.

This shows that you're either grandstanding or you know virtually nothing about how oil business is played.

1. You obviously do not know that the first major step in Oil and Gas business is acquisition of the acreage where Oil will be explored and produced. You think that is free
2. You do not know that in such acquisition, provision is made upfront for the community whose land is acquired?
3. you do not know that the ROW land associated with E&P business is bought outright
4. Despite all these, you want to claim ignorance that communities are not settled in direct cash payments, given preference on certain categories of contracts, are beneficiaries of CSRs and still they make other demands (scholarships, sponsorships of various community initiatives etc) which in many cases are met?

The problem I see with you is that you know absolutely nothing you're talking about wrt Oil and Gas business. You are just making useless sentimental cries. When was the north paid 50%? SMH
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Standing5(m): 5:32pm On May 18, 2016
mapet:

This shows that you're either grandstanding or you know virtually nothing about how oil business is played.

1. You obviously do not know that the first major step in Oil and Gas business is acquisition of the acreage where Oil will be explored and produced. You think that is free
2. You do not know that in such acquisition, provision is made upfront for the community whose land is acquired?
3. you do not know that the ROW land associated with E&P business is bought outright
4. Despite all these, you want to claim ignorance that communities are not settled in direct cash payments, given preference on certain categories of contracts, are beneficiaries of CSRs and still they make other demands (scholarships, sponsorships of various community initiatives etc) which in many cases are met?

The problem I see with you is that you know absolutely nothing you're talking about wrt Oil and Gas business. You are just making useless sentimental cries. When was the north paid 50%? SMH
Impressive but irrelevant facts, and so goes to the trash bin for logic.
Your lack of integrity leave me no option but to let you be in your self imposed delusion.
If I keep replying your points, I will keep digressing from my initial point.
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by mapet: 8:12am On May 19, 2016
Standing5:
Impressive but irrelevant facts, and so goes to the trash bin for logic.
Your lack of integrity leave me no option but to let you be in your self imposed delusion.
If I keep replying your points, I will keep digressing from my initial point.

If anything elicits my attention from the obvious empty response of yours (I am not suprised anyway, because you know virtually nothing about the topic, but wants to flex, and you're doing so foolishly), ........my lack of integrity? grin grin grin grin Pluuuueeeezzzzzeeee grin grin grin grin You have virtually graduated to use of words frivolously

Am I talking to a secondary school kid?
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Standing5(m): 9:11am On May 19, 2016
mapet:

If anything elicits my attention from the obvious empty response of yours (I am not suprised anyway, because you know virtually nothing about the topic, but wants to flex, and you're doing so foolishly), ........my lack of integrity? grin grin grin grin Pluuuueeeezzzzzeeee grin grin grin grin You have virtually graduated to use of words frivolously

Am I talking to a secondary school kid?
It isn't by force to change the opinion of other. If it must be done, then it should be done in a mature way and not by digressing or throwing around irrelevant facts. If you in you infinite wisdom can be truthful to yourself, go back and chech my initial suggestion concerning tilted resource contribution pattern and the equally tilted opposition towards changing it.
You didn't av to go so low to argue trash and start spewing irrelevant jargons in here.
To re-expand in new words, my initial point, resource contribution ought to be evenly spread accross all region in other discourage parasitic tendencies that makes productivity unattractive to the North and other less unproductive regions.
You in your attempt at winning an argument at all cost, started talking nonsense about cash crop s like the ND oil states weren't producing them before oil came or like your thick skull didn't make your biased brain realize the North has dropped in its average cash crop production from the pre-crude oil days just like the SW has done too.
My submission merely pointed out those who are most prone to maintain the dependence of ND oil.
Grow up and stop getting so emotional about your flawed arguements.
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by mapet: 10:33am On May 19, 2016
Standing5:
It isn't by force to change the opinion of other. If it must be done, then it should be done in a mature way and not by digressing or throwing around irrelevant facts. If you in you infinite wisdom can be truthful to yourself, go back and chech my initial suggestion concerning tilted resource contribution pattern and the equally tilted opposition towards changing it.
You didn't av to go so low to argue trash and start spewing irrelevant jargons in here.
To re-expand in new words, my initial point, resource contribution ought to be evenly spread accross all region in other discourage parasitic tendencies that makes productivity unattractive to the North and other less unproductive regions.
You in your attempt at winning an argument at all cost, started talking nonsense about cash crop s like the ND oil states weren't producing them before oil came or like your thick skull didn't make your biased brain realize the North has dropped in its average cash crop production from the pre-crude oil days just like the SW has done too.
My submission merely pointed out those who are most prone to maintain the dependence of ND oil.
Grow up and stop getting so emotional about your flawed arguements.

Now you want to appeal to sentiments. If you argument had any strength or value, you need not persuade me to "go back" to it. Your submission is what "....merely pointed out those who are most prone to maintain the dependence of ND oil", what ever this means......that's the stress I contend with. You're simply not making sense. Your tenses are poor and your composition fall below par......
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by Standing5(m): 12:01pm On May 19, 2016
mapet:

Now you want to appeal to sentiments. If you argument had any strength or value, you need not persuade me to "go back" to it. Your submission is what "....merely pointed out those who are most prone to maintain the dependence of ND oil", what ever this means......that's the stress I contend with. You're simply not making sense. Your tenses are poor and your composition fall below par......
In the absense of any strong argument from you, it has suddenly become a matter of " poor tenses and composition". Well you are entitled to you own opinion but i can equally tell you logic and argument are silly at best. The tenses and composition av suddenly become poor cos u av no more room to hide. You can keep shuttling between digression from topic of discussion and personal attack all you want.
My points still remains that everybody should contribute significant amount of Natural resource to avoid the parasitic tendencies that is working against our long term interest as a nation. You stupid argument of the north not being parasitic because the contribute cash crop is clearly deficient as the ND too did contribute same in time past.
In your mad crave to win at all cost you also tried denying regional govt got 50% of what they contributed in time past. You lack integrity at best.
Re: Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. by mapet: 12:20pm On May 19, 2016
Standing5:
In the absense of any strong argument from you, it has suddenly become a matter of " poor tenses and composition". Well you are entitled to you own opinion but i can equally tell you logic and argument are silly at best. The tenses and composition av suddenly become poor cos u av no more room to hide. You can keep shuttling between digression from topic of discussion and personal attack all you want.
My points still remains that everybody should contribute significant amount of Natural resource to avoid the parasitic tendencies that is working against our long term interest as a nation. You stupid argument of the north not being parasitic because the contribute cash crop is clearly deficient as the ND too did contribute same in time past.
In your mad crave to win at all cost you also tried denying regional govt got 50% of what they contributed in time past. You lack integrity at best.

It's turned to a load of waste continuing this useless argument with you..........

Have your fill

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions / Tinubu Appoints His Kinsmen To Occupy 22 Critical Positions, Sen Abaribe Laments / Nigerian Military Artillery Used For The Presidential Inauguration (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.