Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates (45193 Views)

Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Fuel Hike: NLC Protests In Asaba, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Bograd83(f): 8:50pm On May 18, 2016
Just passing
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:22pm On May 18, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
living it as in what? am i lying? tell us if u have see the bus, becos i have be looking for the sure-p bus, no hope of sighting anyone.

Dude pls stop this sh*t about bus coz it's irritating me. I've followed this thread and learned a lot but your repeated comments on this issue has forced me to reply.
From the way you respond, I'd expect you to know that those buses were rolled out to alleviate the hardship from subsidy removal or fuel hike at the time. It's thus clear that following the U-turn in subsidy removal, there should be a corresponding U-turn in the availability of those buses. In fact, we didn't even buy PMS at the proposed N141 as an official rate, it was a mere proposal which was opposed strongly nationwide. So, I don't see why you still expected to see these buses around. They're definitely gone with the subsidy reinstatement which didn't even last up to 3 months.

Don't get me wrong, you may have better facts to support your argument but let's drop that issue as it's not important atm. I'm sure everyone knows the hardship the hike in fuel price will cause. In fact, transporters have speedily responded by increasing the cost per drop (fare). As an informed person who wishes good for the country, I can't oppose subsidy removal (that's if it actually exists considering the fact that the president himself said it doesn't). My worries, and yours, should be what do we expect from our leaders following this hardship? I supported subsidy removal during Jonathan's reign with the hope that our leaders will keep their promise about the subsidy reinvestment plans, and my main interest was in the rehabilitation of existing refineries and the construction of new ones. I'm sure, you agree with me that the past Govt didn't keep that promise, they deceived us and they failed us. They came up with defences like they're still paying part-subsidy and that hindered their success, but clearly we all know there was about N30 increase which was used for the scam sure-P and the usual generic road construction, something that's typical of every Govt. Yes, Sure-P scam, coz what youths need are jobs, what's a stipend when you can earn a salary? It's clear that the rehabilitation and construction of refineries would have been more beneficial than whatever the funds accrued from the extra N30 was used for; not only will it create more jobs, but also, it will in near future completely remove the subsidy and even generate more revenue from exports.

That said, I'm afraid I can't be fooled again. I find it hard to believe even the present government who hasn't even kept any of her promises to the citizens that brought her to power. Without being harsh and picky, I'll not state some of the promises that I can defend economically. But promises such as giving out allowances to unemployed graduates can competently score down the promise of providing palliatives to the extremely poor following the hike in fuel price. Again, the fact that this government hasn't been responsible or accountable is really frightening to me to consider trusting her to walk the talk. By that I meant, we've heard of so many probes, arrests and recovered funds, but no conclusions have been reached on these cases neither have details of recovered funds been released besides the figures. At least tell the nation who these funds were recovered from, how and where. But not really necessary to the current issue. And, yes, many forumites were right to say FG shouldn't expect justice to be respected when the president himself publicly supported going against the law in the cases of Dasuki and Nnamdi for reasons best known to him. But for a better Nigeria, justice must be upheld and rule of law must stand.

I know it'll be hard for a few to understand my point, and few will understand but try to come up with counter opinions just to win the argument, but I'm sure many will understand that we can't trust this Govt judging from current trends as they have not been accountable or responsible in anyway. I still wonder why this government can't just be genuine and honest, how can we believe these lies when they claimed about a year ago that subsidy doesn't exist? And I believe them coz I took a thorough look at a data showing the changes in the commodity from onset, and friends, it's clear that the cost of PMS has been increasing since 1960 from about 20k to N141, so I find it hard to identify where and when it was subsidised, but I can't speak of what I don't know as there may be some economic analysis that figures or data cannot tell. In my layman's opinion though, I feel every Govt that wants to generate quick fund, takes advantage of the Nigerian population as a huge, solid, and functional market to sell the product at an increased price knowing full well that over 100m of an estimated 180m populace will participate favourably in the market.

Just to be clear, APC or PDP, Buhari or GEJ, FG or NLC, those ain't my wahala; I'll rather worry myself on how I too can be the President of Nigeria as experience is the best teacher. So, at least people can be arguing about me here, lol. If u expect me to go and risk my life for greedy leaders (FG or NLC), then you've been misled. I'm calm and calculating my next move on how to be the Next jor smiley

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 18, 2016
sluk:

Wow! am a lawsanite, tusker republic. lets hook up then.
what kinda hookgrin
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 18, 2016
I dey gbadun u guys!
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Mrtesso: 11:46pm On May 18, 2016
phillip4re:

Plz,i want to know the t.p fare of lag to ph.....need d info

I'm not sure ooo. I drove down. I doubt it would be more than #6500 though.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 6:28am On May 19, 2016
oseo1:

If well policed and run properly the subsidy will not enrich anyone more than the deregulation will, because their profit margins will remain the same. But I maintain that people are being enriched more now.

The landing cost of PMS is somewhere between 110 and 120 how th did they come up with 145 as their magic number? The profit margins have drastically increased since they started selling at 145. And please not that the profit is not going to the stations its going to those same marketers that we are allegedly fighting against. Before their profit was in the N3-5 range per liter now it's close to N20

The land cost of diesel is higher than PMS but yet diesel is sold for cheaper.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by PharmAlfred: 9:44am On May 19, 2016
So how is the strike going in your area today? No situation update today. Where I am now, there is total lock down including the market.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by otokx(m): 9:47am On May 19, 2016
The noose is tightening.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Frank Edoho: VP Yemi Osinbajo Is A Disappointment / Photos Of Yahaya Bello’s Abuja Mansion Shared By The SignalNG (Video) / Northern Consensus Movement Declares Kanu Wanted, Places ₦100 Million Bounty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.