Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates (45197 Views)

Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Fuel Hike: NLC Protests In Asaba, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by SeunDobo(m): 7:25am On May 18, 2016
It's seem this strike is gonna work here in Ado because na Radio station work as well and some one have comment too that no movement of car at all ....
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by cktheluckyman: 7:27am On May 18, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Report coming in that NLC has taking over local airport. Not sure about this tho, got this info on hearsay... Regardless auf meine weg to the office. My boss is already there, then who I am?

more of that to come as the day progresses.I said it was too early and some APC goons were already jubilating

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by KingTom(m): 7:32am On May 18, 2016
But I thought they said there will total shut down? I'm at work I withdrew money today I even bought fuel in fact the only thing different today is that everybody was early strike indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by tbaba1234: 7:32am On May 18, 2016
cktheluckyman:

more of that to come as the day progresses.I said it was too early and some APC goons were already jubilating

TUC is Out, NURTW is out, Pengassan is out... NLC can only have very limited impact.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by cktheluckyman: 7:33am On May 18, 2016
tbaba1234:

TUC is Out, NURTW is out, Pengassan is out... NLC can only have very limited impact.

continue to dream on!!! the strike is on
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Acidosis(m): 7:34am On May 18, 2016
What more impact do you all want when NUT and ASUU have decided to stay @home?
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by hardbody: 7:36am On May 18, 2016
tbaba1234:

Pengassan, TUC, NURTW are not part of the strike... Oil workers are not striking.

But there is generally no pms so joining the strike will be superflous cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by cktheluckyman: 7:36am On May 18, 2016
Acidosis:

don't mind the APC goons.Nigerian ends in lagos so if lagos does not observe the strike,it has failed!! can you imagine the way these idiots reason!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by otokx(m): 7:37am On May 18, 2016
ASUU plan to organize rallies.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 7:38am On May 18, 2016
In Ojota. The BRT queue for workers and students is even longer than it was on Monday. However, not much queue to use the foot bridge compared to Monday.

I am going to work.

Buses (Danfo, LAGBUS, etc) are loading too. It is like any normal Wednesday in crazy Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by hardbody: 7:38am On May 18, 2016
Please people using Ikorodu road axis should be careful. I got a long call that there is a barricade and hoodlums are having a field day vandalizing vehicles.

It was a call so I have no further proof
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Acidosis(m): 7:39am On May 18, 2016
fineguy11:
Im on my bed,abt to start preparing for work...God punish strike and NLC!!i rather make the sacrifice and suffer hardship now,so my kids can enjoy in the future..Besides,Transport fare remains the same in benin despite fuel price increment..

Lol, dream on

Better go and invest in your kids' future, continue to wait for a hopeless government. Why didn't they call you when they recruited their wards in CBN?

7 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by stevecantrell: 7:40am On May 18, 2016
otokx:
If the banks are open then the strike will not work.

yeah, even the self employed need to do their
banking, with the banks closed not much will happen. Already at work, hope the banks open.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by UIA04(f): 7:42am On May 18, 2016
Acidosis:

My problem with ASUU is that we are writing exams at the moment. Can the exams be conducted by members of non teaching staff in admin
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by cktheluckyman: 7:43am On May 18, 2016
UIA04:

My problem with ASUU is that we are writing exams at the moment. Can the exams be conducted by members of non teaching staff in admin

your exams don get k-leg that
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by goldenceo1: 7:44am On May 18, 2016
Lemme go to that place that doesn't pay me before I report back.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by UIA04(f): 7:45am On May 18, 2016
cktheluckyman:

your exams don get k-leg that
Chai
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Acidosis(m): 7:46am On May 18, 2016
UIA04:

Non teaching staffs belong to the same umbrella (Labour).

ASUU Boss is in fact more willing to embark on this strike. You need to see him on TV.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by tbaba1234: 7:47am On May 18, 2016
Acidosis:

ASUU Boss is in fact more willing to embark on this strike. You need to see him on TV.

ASUU loves strike.

This strike will fizzle out because there is no support for it..

7 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by UIA04(f): 7:48am On May 18, 2016
Acidosis:

We haven't gotten any message though. But individual schools can refuse to listen to ASUU boss and continue with activities right?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by cktheluckyman: 7:48am On May 18, 2016
tbaba1234:

ASUU loves strike.

This strike will fizzle out because there is no support for it. .

so who determines if it has support? lagos-Ibadan-axis I guess
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Burger01(m): 7:49am On May 18, 2016
Somewhere in Ibadan.. Not sure if it's strike related smiley

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by tbaba1234: 7:53am On May 18, 2016
cktheluckyman:

so who determines if it has support? lagos-Ibadan-axis I guess

If a nationwide strike fails in Lagos, It is not effective.

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Acidosis(m): 7:53am On May 18, 2016
tbaba1234:

ASUU loves strike.

This strike will fizzle out because there is no support for it..

Actually, whether labour goes on strike or not, some persons won't be affected (I belong to that group).

My only worry is the aftermath of the fuel hike. Majority of those opposing the strike would not get increase in their salaries (private sector workers). How they intend to cope with increase in barber's fee, photocopy, danfo, Okada, is what I don't understand.

Well like someone said, he wants to sacrifice for his government. But I wonder whether people like Buhari, Kachikwu, Fasola are worth sacrificing for. They've neither reduced their salaries, jets, nor withdrew their kids abroad. They've in fact, employed their cronies in CBN.

(Entry level CBN salary + allowances is above N500k monthly).

grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by tbaba1234: 7:58am On May 18, 2016
Acidosis:

Actually, whether labour goes on strike or not, some persons won't be affected (I belong to that group).

My only worry is the aftermath of the fuel hike. Majority of those opposing the strike would not get increase in their salaries (private sector workers). How they intend to cope with increase in barber's fee, photocopy, danfo, Okada, is what I don't understand.

Well like someone said, he wants to sacrifice for his children. But I wonder whether people like Buhari, Kachikwu, Fasola are worth sacrificing for. They've neither reduced their salaries, jets, nor withdrew their kids abroad. They've in fact, employed their cronies in CBN.

grin

Well, we are at that point where the country is broke. It is either we have perpetual fuel crisis or we get rid of subsidies. I agree that there should be more sacrifices on the part of government.

The government should just ensure judicious implementation of the budget to create jobs and stimulate the economy.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by aljharem(m): 7:58am On May 18, 2016
Acidosis:

Well like someone said, he wants to sacrifice for his government. But I wonder whether people like Buhari, Kachikwu, Fasola are worth sacrificing for. They've neither reduced their salaries, jets, nor withdrew their kids abroad. They've in fact, employed their cronies in CBN.

grin

aptly put

well said,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Junior66(m): 7:59am On May 18, 2016
Live in Awka. As soon as i am able to go out i will post updates.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Nicur: 8:00am On May 18, 2016
where is our budget!!

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by misscall247: 8:01am On May 18, 2016
hardbody:
Given the volatility in the polity and divided views on whether or not to proceed with NLC strike, what is the update in your part of world. These updates will help others at least apply caution and discretion in their movement.

As for me, I am presently on a short course outside the Nigerian jurisdiction and no one here knows what is going on Nigeria at least in terms of the strike.

I am personally not opinionated either way
the strike will kick proper by 12pm

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by shamsuRana(m): 8:02am On May 18, 2016
DropShot:

I'm right here in my office already. We don't know about strike here.

hahahaah! I like that.an early bird,just like me wink

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Burger01(m): 8:03am On May 18, 2016
misscall247:
the strick will kick proper by 12pm
The wetin! shocked

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Junior66(m): 8:04am On May 18, 2016
Acidosis:

grin
Jisos! So na wetin my guy de collect be dis?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Photos Of Yahaya Bello’s Abuja Mansion Shared By The SignalNG (Video) / Benue: Soldiers Storm Catholic Church, Priest’s House In Search Of Weapons / 2 Chinese Men Peeping To See Buhari In China Through Curtains (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.