Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,232 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates (45194 Views)

Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Fuel Hike: NLC Protests In Asaba, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Iyawotuntun: 10:02am On May 18, 2016
Totfulguy:

Proverbs 26:4 and 26:5. Today I decided to do verse 5. Sometimes I do verse 4.
Had to go get my bible. This guy is dangerously intelligent!

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Jesusloveyou: 10:04am On May 18, 2016
gretblue:
From upper Weka to Nnewi.Business is at its peak.No one gives a damn about any strike here.Reporting live from Anambra state.
i tot u ipod yoot, wil use upper iweka as rally point like ojota

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by ROZZAYY(f): 10:04am On May 18, 2016
xynerise:

Nne, kedu?
longest time. how's u
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by ROZZAYY(f): 10:05am On May 18, 2016
xynerise:

Nne, kedu?
longest time. how's u
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by ecmb(m): 10:06am On May 18, 2016
U doff ur hat. Lol. U b ADVENTURER?
metrosexual:

Pardon my intrusion, but while reading your reply to the person you quoted I couldn't help but ask;

N230,000 a month? A month!? I presume from you being 35 years old as you said, your daughter should be in primary school or junior secondary at most, you mean for a 3 months term in a primary school you pay around N700,000? And in a year you pay around N2,000,000 just for fees? Is this school here in Nigeria?

I doff my hat for you bro!
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by BrOwnSuga3: 10:07am On May 18, 2016
I pity those that still believe or keep hope in Nigeria government, be it PDP bastards or APC bastards.

NA THUNDER GO FIRE ALL OF THEM.

Nigeria government have nothing to offer me.

THE MOST USELESS SET OF PEOPLE

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 10:14am On May 18, 2016
735i:

You're plain silly....and it's not an insult... It's a statement of fact!
An entrepreneur who employs airheads like you, who provides a means of livelihood to Nigerians directly and indirectly... you dare to hide behind your borrowed Chinese phone that you managed to charge with your neighbors laptop... You call N145/litre paltry?
You poverty stricken piece of sh!t...
I can bet my last kobo that you've never been responsible for yourself...
You're soo poor....it's beginning to affect you mentally...

Why are you people replying the Child?
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 10:15am On May 18, 2016
reporting from uyo.Strike has started,No lecturers in class and the portals have left the hostels
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by xynerise: 10:15am On May 18, 2016
ROZZAYY:
am fine o. missed you sha. how's u
Same here.
You no go work?
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by 735i(m): 10:15am On May 18, 2016
saintmark88:

Poor you!!, 145n is beginning to tkr it's effect on you, when ur mates were making money, where were you??, govt has asked us to bear it for a yl, instead of pips like u to try N d bear u r there crying like destitutes... My friend u have not seen anything yet, brace up for tougher times to come, this is just d beginning, u want change right??, u all shout were is d change??, buh u haven't seen nothing yet??, u want change buh u dnt want to suffer??.... My friend haven't u heard?? nothing good comes easy

Next time ...if you must quote me...type like an educated fellow... At least justify the fees spent by your parents in giving you an education (albeit half-baked).
I haven't bothered to read through the gibberish you posted up there.... It's an eyesore...

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by DropShot: 10:16am On May 18, 2016
oseo1:

A quick example of h its enriching certainly people, they just announce one day tha , new price would would effect. Mind you t marketers already collected product that was subsidised, so I got PMS at say N84 and expected to sell at 87 but now I'm selling at 145, that's a 61 naira profit. Even if I only sold 33,000 liters that's still over 2million extra.

Whilst I recognize that it was a one time profit its still fantastic, and also note that whenever the price is reduced that they will insist o finishing their products before reducing the pump price.
That's natural occurrence which cannot be prevented. Not like deliberately enriching anyone.

If anything, removing subsidy actually seeks to stop enriching the marketers.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by egopersonified(f): 10:16am On May 18, 2016
Got a call to come pick my kids from school, Banks not working, protest being led from new Benin to ringroad to wherever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by amtaken(f): 10:17am On May 18, 2016
I drove out and observed the city. From my observation, there's strike everywhere else except on Nairaland.

Hahahahaha I can imagine the circular among the e-rats:

"Insist there's no strike no matter what.

E-rats you can lie eh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Jesusloveyou: 10:18am On May 18, 2016
Acidosis:

They are just clueless
I see these buses till date in Lagos.
u are not serious, so becos u saw one bus in lagos means the bus is everywhere, that is what we called corruption, out of 1668 buses they promise and paid for, only 1 Was see by u and ur fellow ipod yoot in lagos, becos i never see anyone in benin or the whole of south south, even in beerfra-land.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by okpiewon(m): 10:20am On May 18, 2016
Govt, NLC faction raise panel to review petrol price, minimum wage

http://www.sarakinews.com/2016/05/govt-nlc-faction-raise-panel-to-review.html
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by elpj: 10:22am On May 18, 2016
Why will Petroleum worker and electricity workers declear strike? They have been on strike for long. If they are not on strike, do u have light and fuel in your area? It makes no sence for them to declear a strike while they don't have anything to offer.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by tbaba1234: 10:23am On May 18, 2016
amtaken:
I drove out and observed the city. From my observation, there's strike everywhere else except on Nairaland.

Hahahahaha I can imagine the circular among the e-rats:

"Insist there's no strike no matter what.

E-rats you can lie eh.

Which City?? You are all over Nigeria , interesting

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by HAH: 10:26am On May 18, 2016
This strike is already a flop, may be it may succeed in SE/SS but in the north and SW Business is going on without hitches, infact the NLC guys are afraid for their lives here in Kaduna as some people said if they should come to their office they will beat them

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by gagewonda(m): 10:26am On May 18, 2016
Totfulguy:

You are just probably a single, mummy's boy who is being fed by parents. If you have been fueling your car at 4,200 for 50 liters, and all of a sudden you are doling out N7,250 for the same 50 liters, you will not say what you are saying. People should 'suffer now so their children will enjoy'. Does your government not have the wit to create other sources of wealth in a country that is so endowed? When I hear this 'suffer now enjoy later' non.sense I just sorry for the ignorance in people. Are the children and family of those increasing the price of fuel suffering along with you? Gibberish!
help me tell dem ooo. befre d hike i fill my tank for 6k plus i.e 73 ltrs tank now i fill it for over 10k nd hw long will it last me in dis lagos traffic not to talk of generator cos light has been terrible lately. those dat wanna tell demselves d truth knws dat dis 145/ltr is wicked nd d average nigerian cannot cope. the earlier we support a reduction the better, no one is saying dey shld bring back d corrupt subsidy regime bt after removal of the subsidy it shldnt sell beyond 105 naira
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Consula: 10:26am On May 18, 2016
Name of bank and location pls??
mtchris:
My bro just called me, he said banks are closed.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Totfulguy: 10:27am On May 18, 2016
Iyawotuntun:
Had to go get my bible. This guy is dangerously intelligent!

Not me. GOD!
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by bender79: 10:28am On May 18, 2016
cktheluckyman:

more of that to come as the day progresses.I said it was too early and some APC goons were already jubilating
Why is your mind fixated on APC and PDP?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by datribune: 10:28am On May 18, 2016
Pavarottii:

It's now foolish right? But was sensible in 2012. That's where we are today cos of people like you.

We opposed d fuel increase under GEJ because it was d right thing to do. d economy was in good shape wit d govt having a hefty forex balance frm crude selling at record prices. All we witnessed was looting & scandals on an unprecedented scale. d current govt was forced into dis because d forex balance is very low thereby making it to exchange at record prices & we ar still importing fuel.
I voted in 2011 for Jonathan but based on d level of corruption in dat govt, i could not in good conscience & in d national interest vote 4 him again in 2015 despite d fact dat i hav more in common wit him - I'm Christian & a southerner. In d light of recent revelations, I'm convinced i did what was right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Splashme: 10:31am On May 18, 2016
kYjelly2:
Guys are funny men.

People are now saying Nigerians aren't striking because they trust buhari, like really

So you trust 350 naira to a dollar

Do you guys realize that it now takes N350,000 just to get a thousand dollars These are real issues that are affecting people.

These class of people would still trust buhari even if a dollar gets to N500. That would mean it would take N500,000 just to get a thousand dollars shocked

Let that sink in angry
What is the gain in being a zombie in these times Fighting for the government when at the end of the day, their policies may further impoverish you

Even if you think you are poor now, what happens when you can't even afford that garri anymore

About this issue of petrol price protest, we are not even sure if the subsidy has been removed or if its due to currency value.

If its subsidy and you are supporting no subsidy now, what would happen when the price of oil rises to $80 in the int market

Would you really be prepared to pay N250 per liter That is 5 liters for N1,250. 20 liters for your gen at N5,000.

Then would you now make a u-turn to support subsidy

If it's about currency value, then why is NNPC also selling at 145 when they should get the dollar at the official rate

If even the NNPC can't get the dollar at the official rate, then who is getting the dollar at the official rate? cause I know I'm not!!

If 90% of the country can't get the dollar at the official rate, then what is the point of the official rate

These are questions needing answers, scenarios mostly bad that need to be avoided. This is not the time to be a zombie just cause you think you're lifeisnt worth anything. You are worth something my dear zombie friends, so question your government for the benefit of your future and that of the country's future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by amtaken(f): 10:32am On May 18, 2016
Uyo.

My sisters in Lekki said there is strike in their banks and children's school.

tbaba1234:

Which City?? You are all over Nigeria , interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by AbeCity1: 10:32am On May 18, 2016
Exam going on in UNILAG.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by tochman(m): 10:33am On May 18, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
u are not serious, so becos u saw one bus in lagos means the bus is everywhere, that is what we called corruption, out of 1668 buses they promise and paid for, only 1 Was see by u and ur fellow ipod yoot in lagos, becos i never see anyone in benin or the whole of south south, even in beerfra-land.

My guy, pls change your user name, you are actually not living it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by mrswiss(m): 10:34am On May 18, 2016
Ambrose Ali University, Aau is currently deserted. Departments are all lock. And no lectures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by tbaba1234: 10:37am On May 18, 2016
amtaken:
Uyo.

My sisters in Lekki said there is strike in their banks and children's school.

Overall, the strike was not too effective in Lagos.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by onyxo76(m): 10:39am On May 18, 2016
Everything seems normal here in ile-ife, even I was in the bank earlier today and did some transactions, though i just received word from madam that her office members have all gone home that they will observe the strike, can't leave the clinic where i work. let me continue my online biz jare, at least the internet is very fast here .let some dollars come in.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Pavarottii(m): 10:40am On May 18, 2016
sandraokosun:
its no one fault the people never trusted gej, which is a bad quality for a leader, what was the guarantee that the maduekes, iweala oduah and cabals wouldnt have the ib. Trust is external

STFU! U. Never trusted GEJ because he was from the South south (minority) #datsall.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photos Of Yahaya Bello’s Abuja Mansion Shared By The SignalNG (Video) / Northern Consensus Movement Declares Kanu Wanted, Places ₦100 Million Bounty / FFK Celebrates Court Victory With Friends (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.