Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,433 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates (45196 Views)

Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Fuel Hike: NLC Protests In Asaba, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by saintmark88(m): 10:43am On May 18, 2016
735i:

Next time ...if you must quote me...type like an educated fellow... At least justify the fees spent by your parents in giving you an education (albeit half-baked).
I haven't bothered to read through the gibberish you posted up there.... It's an eyesore...

You are such an Illitrate, I over rated u, now I can c u for exactly who u r..... A poverty stricken, uneducated, sentimental bigot
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by xreal: 10:44am On May 18, 2016
Iyawotuntun:
Had to go get my bible. This guy is dangerously intelligent!

Anyone who studies that book called bible - wholeheartedly, tends to be dangerously intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by mtchris(m): 10:48am On May 18, 2016
Consula:
Name of bank and location pls??
Not sure the exact location. He called and asked if i have ATM card so he'd transfer money he promised my kid sis to my account ATM. He said the banks around are closed that's why he want to use ATM transfer
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by tbaba1234: 10:49am On May 18, 2016
Pavarottii:

STFU! U. Never trusted GEJ because he was from the South south (minority) #datsall.

I am from the South South and i did not trust the man.. It is not about regions.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by amtaken(f): 10:50am On May 18, 2016
It is. I have a lot of ex classmates in Lagos and my entire maiden family. They are all at home today. In fact we are chatting now via whatsapp.

tbaba1234:

Overall, the strike was not too effective in Lagos.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by tobex23(m): 10:52am On May 18, 2016
UIA04:

I saw and used the busses in Lagos

Stop lying now girl.....

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by ASL33: 10:55am On May 18, 2016
[quote author=tbaba1234 post=45731140]

Which City?? You are all over Nigeria , interesting[/quote ]

It's like your own assignment today is to ask which city or state. You are a suspect
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by 222Martins(m): 10:57am On May 18, 2016
tobex23:

Stop lying now girl.....
What about the FGN SURE-P Mass transit given to major road transporters like The Young, God is Good and FG Onyenwe, etc?? Is that not part of the intervention fund??
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by jaybee(f): 10:59am On May 18, 2016
kokoA:
... Hehe, that's my boy there grin We rocked bosso real hard like 10yrs ago.

Haha, I left my footprints on the sands of Bosso 20 years ago; it was jacking galore.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by 9jainfonews(m): 11:06am On May 18, 2016
Strike Don Start Here In Ibadan O, With Mass Protest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by mrswiss(m): 11:09am On May 18, 2016
mrswiss:
Ambrose Ali University, Aau is currently deserted. Departments are all lock. And no lectures.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by DopeBoiRapy(m): 11:09am On May 18, 2016
Totfulguy:

Please lets know when you arrive at Kenchicken. Na dia you go fit know wetin dey happen for Naija?
grin grin cheesy
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 11:09am On May 18, 2016
kiss
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 11:14am On May 18, 2016
Ibadan... See you cheesy
quote author=9jainfonews post=45732478]Strike Don Start Here In Ibadan O, With Mass Protest[/quote]
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Jesusloveyou: 11:22am On May 18, 2016
tochman:

My guy, pls change your user name, you are actually not living it
living it as in what? am i lying? tell us if u have see the bus, becos i have be looking for the sure-p bus, no hope of sighting anyone.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by oseo1(m): 11:30am On May 18, 2016
DropShot:

That's natural occurrence which cannot be prevented. Not like deliberately enriching anyone.

If anything, removing subsidy actually seeks to stop enriching the marketers.

If well policed and run properly the subsidy will not enrich anyone more than the deregulation will, because their profit margins will remain the same. But I maintain that people are being enriched more now.

The landing cost of PMS is somewhere between 110 and 120 how th did they come up with 145 as their magic number? The profit margins have drastically increased since they started selling at 145. And please not that the profit is not going to the stations its going to those same marketers that we are allegedly fighting against. Before their profit was in the N3-5 range per liter now it's close to N20

The land cost of diesel is higher than PMS but yet diesel is sold for cheaper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by hayordele1: 11:38am On May 18, 2016
NCL chairman in Ondo state said 'strike is still on until they call it off nationwide'......strike is on in Ondo state ooo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 11:39am On May 18, 2016
olrotimi:
I'm a doctor at General Hospital Bida, Niger state. The union leaders came to the hospital premises today and have made the nurses and paramedics down tools. Only the doctors and 'Nurse Ogas' are working

Same here in UCH.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by superjaks(m): 11:40am On May 18, 2016
here in futminna .....no lectures grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by PharmAlfred: 11:42am On May 18, 2016
[quote author=kYjelly2 post=45730231]Guys are funny men.

People are now saying Nigerians aren't striking because they trust buhari, like really

So you trust 350 naira to a dollar

Do you guys realize that it now takes N350,000 just to get a thousand dollars These are real issues that are affecting people.

These class of people would still trust buhari even if a dollar gets to N500. That would mean it would take N500,000 just to get a thousand dollars shocked

Let that sink in angry
What is the gain in being a zombie in these times Fighting for the government when at the end of the day, their policies may further impoverish you

Even if you think you are poor now, what happens when you can't even afford that garri anymore

About this issue of petrol price protest, we are not even sure if the subsidy has been removed or if its due to currency value.

If its subsidy and you are supporting no subsidy now, what would happen when the price of oil rises to $80 in the int market

Would you really be prepared to pay N250 per liter That is 5 liters for N1,250. 20 liters for your gen at N5,000.

Then would you now make a u-turn to support subsidy

If it's about currency value, then why is NNPC also selling at 145 when they should get the dollar at the official rate

If even the NNPC can't get the dollar at the official rate, then who is getting the dollar at the official rate? cause I know I'm not!!

If 90% of the country can't get the dollar at the official rate, then what is the point of the official rate

These are questions needing answers, scenarios mostly bad that need to be avoided. This is not the time to be a zombie just cause you think you're lifeisnt worth anything. You are worth something my dear zombie friends, so question your government for the benefit of your future and that of the country's future.

You just raised some real issues.Kudos. Same questions and many more that I have been asking for days now without getting answers from any quarter.
I so wish people can actually think.
Inflation is now at a 6 year high of 13.7%. Adding the burden of increased petrol price means May figure for inflation should be higher. May be 15%. A lot of Nigerians are really gullible and can't think deep.
This policy may be good but the timing is so off it.Citizens are been crushed,businesses are packing up, dollar/naira exchange rate is hitting roof top.
costs of goods and services have in most cases doubled and the irony is that there is no proportional increase in earnings to match these new realities.
Shallow minds would definitely attack my thoughts.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Methylblack(m): 11:43am On May 18, 2016
9jainfonews:
Strike Don Start Here In Ibadan O, With Mass Protest
Which part of Ibadan...everything normal for here o
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by banio: 11:47am On May 18, 2016
NLC should joined tomatoes demand 4 the strike. One tomatoes #100
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by MADrator: 12:12pm On May 18, 2016
[quote author=PharmAlfred post=45733540][/quote]

You and KYjelly2 made a whole lot of sense and it's only foolish bigot heads that wouldn't see the sense in your posts..
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Walelavender(m): 12:16pm On May 18, 2016
Common! This strike is gathering momentum O. Students have been turned back by teachers, financial institutions under lock and key,but fuel stations still selling at #145.
Reporting live from Ipinle Omoluabi grin
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by sluk(m): 12:16pm On May 18, 2016
reminiscing:
reporting from uyo.Strike has started,No lecturers in class and the portals have left the hostels

Are you in uniuyo?
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 12:20pm On May 18, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
i tot u ipod yoot, wil use upper iweka as rally point like ojota

Who cares about Buhari and his government of mediocrity in south east?
The only business we have with him is NNAMDI KANU
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by samesco: 12:47pm On May 18, 2016
jaybee:

Haha, I left my footprints on the sands of Bosso 20 years ago; it was jacking galore.
ahahahaha futmites on the loose, very controversial people
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Rincewind(m): 1:04pm On May 18, 2016
Exams ongoing here in unilag, strike no dey smell for here oo. Don't know if they'll still strike but it's bussiness as usual here in Unilag.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by vena3(f): 1:06pm On May 18, 2016
NLC protesters just passed Wuse Market now. It was a long line up, with a DJ on a canta van sing Black chyna song "Mr President " The protest is on live in Abuja. But private business doing their thing!!
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 18, 2016
sluk:

Are you in uniuyo?
Yes boss
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by sluk(m): 3:11pm On May 18, 2016
reminiscing:
Yes boss
Wow! am a lawsanite, tusker republic. lets hook up then.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by ROZZAYY(f): 3:12pm On May 18, 2016
xynerise:

Same here.

You no go work?
AM DERE. no strike for my end o,lol

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Insults Dino Melaye For Harassing Peter Obi / Benue: Soldiers Storm Catholic Church, Priest’s House In Search Of Weapons / 2 Chinese Men Peeping To See Buhari In China Through Curtains (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.