Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation (27691 Views)

Four Banks Trading Below Minimum Liquidity Ratio – MPC Members / Naira Dramatically Recovers To N405/$1 After MPC Decisions / Update On MPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by jiddodo: 7:01am On May 18, 2016
Is ok
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by Nobody: 7:01am On May 18, 2016
hmmm. so i suggest d MPC meeting should hold everyday so as to make the buyers always anxious of the unpredictable outcome of the meeting so as to make the naira more appreciable/appreciated....lol....my thought though
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by topkuma(m): 7:02am On May 18, 2016
Naija is economy is dead only God can revive it back
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by mickey226(m): 7:02am On May 18, 2016
mostyg:
[i][/i] Legalise illegal refineries

#legaliseiilegalrefineries
that idea might be helpful
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by gretblue: 7:03am On May 18, 2016
mostyg:

And from which space will the illegal refineries get their crude oil from to refine?
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by kapai(m): 7:04am On May 18, 2016
zeezyoung:
Today is my Birthday show some love.

Happy birthay bro....May you age with grace n as u celebrate your new age the sky shall remain blue 4u.WULLNPP
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by allthingsgood: 7:09am On May 18, 2016
hungryboy:
Abeg,

Na the same naira were been exchange for 200naira April last year be this?

And how much was our major export (oil) then?? Economics is not magic. Garbage in garbage out

1 Like

Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by maryhaam(f): 7:09am On May 18, 2016
MrScript:

Today is also my Birthday, show some love
happy birthday to both of you,may Allah bless you and keep you both.
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by Bose253(f): 7:11am On May 18, 2016
So what's the difference or big deal?
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by allthingsgood: 7:11am On May 18, 2016
gretblue:

And from which space will the illegal refineries get their crude oil from to refine?

It will be stolen, refined and sold to foreign market. No payment of tax or returns, infact nigerians wont even get it to buy. So all together, no benefit whatsoevern except to make the theives richer! grin

1 Like

Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by nairayouthcom(m): 7:11am On May 18, 2016
skeendyke:

For Kerosene

@ topic

What should I do with this piece of news? It is not good and it is not bad so I should just put it aside till it is N1 = $1.

Space Bookers Association Of Nigeria - S B A N -, I hail una o.

sad
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by solidman59(m): 7:13am On May 18, 2016
$1= 345 NAIRA is appreciation? f8ck this change mehn. Nigeria is a doomed nation
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by VocalWalls: 7:13am On May 18, 2016
What kind of unedited post is this?
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by mostyg(m): 7:17am On May 18, 2016
gretblue:

As there been any problem with crude oil production in the NigerDelta.
Most if not all the illegal refineries are in the NigerDelta.
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by Mideflo(f): 7:20am On May 18, 2016
gabolak:
Let us continue to pray 4 dis country & our leaders. stop d blame game & name calling. Nigeria will be great again. IJN.
. God bless u bro
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by aljharem(m): 7:21am On May 18, 2016
Zombies will be rejoicing

1 Like

Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by Nobody: 7:24am On May 18, 2016
And how is this news supposed to make me feel? Even as Naira is appreciating, the cost of living is still high! Imagine Tomatoes....tomatoes o...no tomatoes again in d market. Hmmm....
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by annnikky(f): 7:33am On May 18, 2016
zeezyoung:
Happy bufday dear
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by YoursGEJ(m): 7:35am On May 18, 2016
nairayouthcom:
K

FTC, space for sale

How much? Pls ask for better money. Don't insult me

Tenk
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by 989900B: 7:39am On May 18, 2016
MPC been promising to get a handle on the situation since January. #fingerscrossed

1 Like

Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by Nobody: 7:42am On May 18, 2016
gabolak:
Let us continue to pray 4 dis country & our leaders. stop d blame game & name calling. Nigeria will be great again. IJN.

We better start holding our leaders to account rather than just utter docile prayers for them. Prayers never built any great nation.

1 Like

Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by Nobody: 7:43am On May 18, 2016
hungryboy:
Abeg,

No, na another one....Na Biafra Dollar tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by chiedu7: 7:45am On May 18, 2016
Everything the writer mentioned will mm make the Naira depreciate not appreciate.

I suspect this is just propaganda.

Naira dey depreciate not appreciate.
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by victorazy(m): 7:49am On May 18, 2016
hungryboy:
Abeg,

Your talking about 200, what about 150 during GEJ
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by Luckki1001(m): 7:52am On May 18, 2016
Abeg I get queshun for the economic gurus in the house:

Given that we have entered into some sort of deal with China, who has 28 "official" refineries (not counting the smaller private-owned refineries referred to as teapot refineries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oil_refineries), why are we not importing fuel from China? If we take into consideration our current dollar malaise, China would have been a good alternative given the exchange rate of N30 to one yen [abi na yuan].

Even Japan, in the same link above, has 29 refineries! Can we do business with Asia ASAP pls? angry

Over to you, gurus.

NB: This strike no get head at all angry. Presently in the office now. Tot the strike would have been total like the Oshiomole days so that son of man go fit sleep small grin
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by gretblue: 7:54am On May 18, 2016
mostyg:

As there been any problem with crude oil production in the NigerDelta.
Most if not all the illegal refineries are in the NigerDelta.
Don't shy away from the simply question I asked you.Where will the illegal refineries get their crude from. I guess from the same extraction of illegal crude because crude is not a finished product.
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by loomer: 7:56am On May 18, 2016
allthingsgood:

It will be stolen, refined and sold to foreign market. No payment of tax or returns, infact nigerians wont even get it to buy. So all together, no benefit whatsoevern except to make the theives richer! grin

Why did he say they should legalise them?

So that they can be registered and taxed.

There will be no need to burst pipelines or steal crude, cos govt will be the one selling to them

1 Like

Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by ndigbo: 7:57am On May 18, 2016
mostyg:

The high cost of PMS is as a result of the umavailability and high cost of procuring the US dollars. As long as we are still an importing country with little or no product to export, this situation will continue till eternity.A good way of making petrol available at a cheap price is to refine locally. All our refineries are not working to capacity as at present. The private refineries granted licence have not started working.A short term solution is to legalise all the so called illegal refineries. The more they are, the more availabilty of fuel.Government should also regulate and monitor the quality of their products. In the end, more jobs, more cheap fuel will be our gain.

I have kept hammering on this so called illegal refiners! Government should license and monitor them. This will sure have a big impact in the short-run, while they (Govenrment) fix the bigger issues on sustenance of our refineries.
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by oyebode95(m): 7:57am On May 18, 2016
zeezyoung:
LLNP!
Re: Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation by allthingsgood: 8:00am On May 18, 2016
loomer:

Why did he say they should legalise them?

So that they can be registered and taxed.

There will be no need to burst pipelines or steal crude, cos govt will be the one selling to them

Really?? Does that make sense? Why shld they "buy" what they can easily "take" at no cost. On the contrary, thats when bursting of pipeline to siphon crude will escalate

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market / Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB / How To Validate Your BVN For The N50billion CBN COVID-19 Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.