Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,444 members, 7,954,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:33 AM

Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market (38979 Views)

Rivers Indigenes And Hausa Clash At Onne, Rivers, 2 Killed, Church, Mosque Burnt / Hausa And Fulani Clash At Agege Abattoir Market In Lagos, 1 Hausa Killed (Pics) / Area Boys Clash At Abule-Ado, Lagos. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 8:47pm On May 18, 2016
Rayhutar:
Where dem dey, I am back, Lagos is no man's land, who no gree should call for succession of Lagos and yibba land from, one Nigeria, that is what the Igbos are calling for and they are calling for their massacre
it is no longer a jungle. If 130 million attack 10 million Russia will back us
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 8:50pm On May 18, 2016
alpontif:

Really!? So they should announce it on CNN that they are coming to attack you?

You people dont understand how to win Wars or battles or fights, at all.

And no, it is only idiots who will fight you when you are likely to defeat them, not Brave men.
even though this attack as usual makes no sense. Do you know of honour
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 9:10pm On May 18, 2016
[quote author=adebowales post=45740064]hope say na Igbo man die,if not I dey go carry my gun[/quote ] wisdom knocks by your door, she is a beauty, I tell you
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 9:18pm On May 18, 2016
Arclan07:
I can only imagine the only tribe in the world, who leaves his land goes to another mans land n want to claim ownership ,it's only the Igbo I wonder what set of human beings are this people the way they reason the way they do things, how can you want to displace the owner of his property n expect him to be at peace with you,all over the world you ppl r notorious for this same attribute ,you are the reason for xenophobia in south Africa ,same in Ghana,republic of Benin etc.this attitude of wanting to lord it over your host will smiley get you no where ,you will perpetually be lamenting for Biafra which will never, I repeat never will see the light of the day, you ppl have no culture or moral values, you see nothing wrong in waking up your dad with a kick n this leaves one to believe the story that led to birth of these tribe it's actually a chimpanzee that raped a woman on her way to Enugun that birthed the first generations of the tribe called Igbo.
we are about to liberate you from us by force if you don't cooperate PS chimpanzees don't have offspring with humanz
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by lawani: 9:21pm On May 18, 2016
Poeople from Igbo, Hausa Yoruba lands and etc should meet only at the levels of ECOWAS, AU and UN. Imagine trying to lump Spain, France, Germany Russia and even China together in one country using Swahili or Arabic as official language. It may work but it will take thousands of years.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by bee444: 10:29pm On May 18, 2016
Chinom:

You may have a point on the bolded, but have you tried to research why?. There is a real reason for that feeling. It has to do with the very unreliable nature of the average Yoruba man. If you live in Lagos and have to deal with the average and everyday Yoruba in a business relationship, you will go crazy. All the stereotypes of them being lazy, dirty, unreliable, not trustworthy and snitches come to play. The best way to know the true nature of a people is when you deal with the not so educated artisans of each group.
I once gave several Yoruba furniture makers a contract to build some furniture for me. They collected 50% money in advance and never delivered. I got so pissed off that I consciously started looking for an Igbo or Edo furniture man. Finally got an Igbo guy, gave him just 5% advance payment and the work was done and delivered at the agreed time.
Same thing applies to Mechanics, brick layers, carpenters etc. When it comes to these artisans, we have no choice but to use Yoruba people. They are virtually the only tribe you can find in these professions in Lagos. So my friend, Yorubas have contributed a lot to this "dislike" by other tribes. Their mentality will drive a serious minded person nuts. I don't even want to discuss the attitude of the Yoruba woman. There is a reason most other Nigerians in Lagos will rather starve than visit a typical Yoruba restaurant.

In as much as truth is far away from a typical Yoruba man (they lie a lot), you're not too far from the truth about the typical yoruba restaurant either. I however think that rather than attribute only this part of the 'buts' to Yorubas only, we shouldn't forget that no tribe is immune to dirtiness.

Yoruba is a collective noun and used in generalizing a tribe or people. If your friend Tolu is neat and beautiful, and yet you still refer Yoruba as dirty people, ain't you shooting yourself in the leg? There shouldn't be double standard. The word 'SOME' would have been more appropriate when dealing or referring to people with certain trait or attribute.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 10:34pm On May 18, 2016
bee444:

In as much as truth is far away from a typical Yoruba man (they lie a lot), you're not too far from the truth about the typical yoruba restaurant either. I however think that rather than attribute only this part of the 'buts' to Yorubas only, we shouldn't forget that no tribe is immune to dirtiness.

Yoruba is a collective noun and used in generalizing a tribe or people. If your friend Tolu is neat and beautiful, and yet you still refer Yoruba as dirty people, ain't you shooting yourself in the leg? There shouldn't be double standard. The word 'SOME' would have been more appropriate when dealing or referring to people with certain trait or attribute.
we speak of 7 people, of my people dead. This is the point you have to make of it. I see the respect for humanity in you
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by IRserveMyComent(f): 10:54pm On May 18, 2016
porrigeyam:
Flattino's again

This reminds me of 2011 in kaduna state... Just 1 fight between one igbo chemist owner and a Hausa mother. ..the whole igbo traders in kaduna state refused to open shop for 2days due to cowardice ,they where afraid the Hausa will strike, in kaduna here igbo people can't live together with Hausa people because they know will suya them if they misbehave, igbo people have shown times without number that they lack respect and proper home upbringing they exhibit this trait everywhere they are, why for god's sake will you dare stop someone in his/her ancestors land from displaying goods when you're displaying yours. ..giving orders to someone in his land imagine this arrant nonsense they can't think talkless of trying it over here in the North. Igbo are more of coward than the Yoruba tribe if you don't believe come down north and see. Igbo respect your hosts please silence is not stupidity or lack of violence but just for the love of peace.
'THE WHOLE IGBO TRADERS IN KADUNA STATE' My dear you are a blatant lier!!! And How did you know this is the correct version to the story. In journalism you try to get the two faction's account before going to the press. You dont judge a matter with one party's account. At the end of the day you get a biased and sentimental report when you do.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Stormofsword: 11:35pm On May 18, 2016
[quote author=Chinom post=45745504]

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Stormofsword: 11:37pm On May 18, 2016
[quote author=Chinom post=45745504]
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 12:01am On May 19, 2016
Stormofsword:

I really feel sorry for u and ur Ipob arse peeps who follow Kanu,a British, like Fulani cows every time I read u Ipob guys posts.
This is because u, my friend, don't know nothing.

By the way, is Alakija, the richest black woman, ur Great Ipob Aunt, or Otedola ur Uncle from Nnewi? Ipob people have always being claiming smartest and richests but non has being in Forbes.
wizzakosh post=45744850:
facking kunt

Do u remember a certain man we called [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Adekunle Fajuyi who stood by a-would-have-been Ipob man till death? That's BRAVERY.

Do u remember another man called Odumegwu Ojukwu, the hero of the Ibos and the rebel leader of Biafra, who fled Nigeria whilst his boys surrendered? That's COWARDICE

I remember a certain guy that kidnapped his own mother in Awka, another street away from mine, just to extort money from his brothers. He got killed with hi cohorts when the police raided the place he was keeping his own mother. That's wat IPOB man trustworthiness and integrity is worth - arm twisting.

You know what ? Find me someone that's really intelligent amongst ur Ipob friends to reply my posts because u really suck at this thing and I feel it's unfair on you.

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 12:03am On May 19, 2016
Stormofsword:

I really feel sorry for u and ur Ipob arse peeps who follow Kanu,a British, like Fulani cows every time I read u Ipob guys posts.
This is because u, my friend, don't know nothing.

By the way, is Alakija, the richest black woman, ur Great Ipob Aunt, or Otedola ur Uncle from Nnewi? Ipob people have always being claiming smartest and richests but non has being in Forbes.
wizzakosh post=45744850:
facking kunt

Do u remember a certain man we called [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Adekunle Fajuyi who stood by a-would-have-been Ipob man till death? That's BRAVERY.

Do u remember another man called Odumegwu Ojukwu, the hero of the Ibos and the rebel leader of Biafra, who fled Nigeria whilst his boys surrendered? That's COWARDICE

I remember a certain guy that kidnapped his own mother in Awka, another street away from mine, just to extort money from his brothers. He got killed with hi cohorts when the police raided the place he was keeping his own mother. That's wat IPOB man trustworthiness and integrity is worth - arm twisting.

You know what ? Find me someone that's really intelligent amongst ur Ipob friends to reply my posts because u really suck at this thing and I feel it's unfair on you.

impulsive kunt. Don't reply, you are to brood over these 2 qualifying words of you
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by hundredhunndred: 12:40am On May 19, 2016
Rayhutar:
Where dem dey, I am back, Lagos is no man's land, who no gree should call for succession of Lagos and yibba land from, one Nigeria, that is what the Igbos are calling for and they are calling for their massacre

Mansion owner, you are here with your wicked lies again. Shame uno get.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by alpontif(m): 6:35am On May 19, 2016
ilovetheline:
even though this attack as usual makes no sense. Do you know of honour

Please dont be naive, there is nothing Honourable in War , or in Taking Human Life, war is mean, cold, brutal, and wicked, plus also amoral. There is nothinG like Honour there...Its all about WINNING.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Alexbrain(m): 6:58am On May 19, 2016
adebowales:
hope say na Igbo man die,if not I dey go carry my gun
Receive brain in Jesus name, Ewu
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Alexbrain(m): 7:02am On May 19, 2016
FarukuWadata12:

why he should come to east?
As him dey claim strong hausa Man na, make him come so we go see
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 7:17am On May 19, 2016
alpontif:

Please dont be naive, there is nothing Honourable in War , or in Taking Human Life, war is mean, cold, brutal, and wicked, plus also amoral. There is nothinG like Honour there...Its all about WINNING.
at the moment i am lead to believe that some Yoruba's have declared a physical war on igbos
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Alexbrain(m): 7:18am On May 19, 2016
Arclan07:
I can only imagine the only tribe in the world, who leaves his land goes to another mans land n want to claim ownership ,it's only the Igbo I wonder what set of human beings are this people the way they reason the way they do things, how can you want to displace the owner of his property n expect him to be at peace with you,all over the world you ppl r notorious for this same attribute ,you are the reason for xenophobia in south Africa ,same in Ghana,republic of Benin etc.this attitude of wanting to lord it over your host will get you no where ,you will perpetually be lamenting for Biafra which will never, I repeat never will see the light of the day, you ppl have no culture or moral values, you see nothing wrong in waking up your dad with a kick n this leaves one to believe the story that led to birth of these tribe it's actually a chimpanzee that raped a woman on her way to Enugun that birthed the first generations of the tribe called Igbo.
See as u dey reason? So chimpanzee first lie down flat for ground greet one woman, then come later rape her to give birth to the first generation of cultured yorubas?
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Alexbrain(m): 7:38am On May 19, 2016
Stormofsword:

"Lazy, dirty, unreliable, untrustworthy and snitches" Really?

And how many of ur brothers, sisters, uncles, grand parents or sorry arse ancestors have ever entered Forbes?

Did I hear u say Zero? yes Zero, Nil, babu.

And that's why u and ur fake and substandard products importers can't stay at your umudim village cos u know ur sorry arse are gonna starve if u don't come to Lagos. Lagos is ur London, ur Milan, ur Hongkong, ur ghuanzou, and ur Taiwan.

We can decide to make it unbearable for ur silly arse by just changing land use law for non residence. That's just a thing among millions that can be used to make life unbearable for u.
Who b this one? Where u dey think from?
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by mindtricks: 8:17am On May 19, 2016
Let the clashes continue. It's a thing of joy to see this happening, at least we must see reasons to keep cursing and hating one another as usual.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by louqas: 8:21am On May 19, 2016
ilovetheline:
maybe our communities were Democratic enough to self sustain

Hide your head in shame. All great empires and kingdoms in history take pride in exploits of their warriors and emperors or kings. Through wars of conquest and expansion they build empires , mention any large empire from iboland . Democratic indeed. When yorubas tell you all that due to years of internal wars in yorubaland in 18th century they became weary and seeing the destruction the wars caused that decided No more wars and decide to take the paths of peace you all termed the Cowards . Yoruba are bolder than ibos anyday anytime
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 8:23am On May 19, 2016
mindtricks:
Let the clashes continue. It's a thing of joy to see this happening, at least we must see reasons to keep cursing and hating one another as usual.
I've only seen free speech so far
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 8:25am On May 19, 2016
louqas:

Hide your head in shame. All great empires and kingdoms in history take pride in exploits of their warriors and emperors or kings. Through wars of conquest and expansion they build empires , mention any large empire from iboland . Democratic indeed. When yorubas tell you all that due to years of internal wars in yorubaland in 18th century they became weary and seeing the destruction the wars caused that decided No more wars and decide to take the paths of peace you all termed the Cowards . Yoruba are bolder than ibos anyday anytime
perhaps: Muslims>brits>Yoruba>rest of Nigeria
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by adebowales: 10:11am On May 19, 2016
Alexbrain:

Receive brain in Jesus name, Ewu
ur papa na d ewu na,omo aje okuta ma mun omi eran
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by adebowales: 10:12am On May 19, 2016
[quote author=ilovetheline post=45749177][/quote]let it knocks on ur own door first omo ale
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 10:52am On May 19, 2016
adebowales:
let it knocks on ur own door first omo ale
I opened the door to her
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Alexbrain(m): 1:09pm On May 19, 2016
adebowales:
ur papa na d ewu na,omo aje okuta ma mun omi eran
Mumu tell me wetin i go understand. Ewu yoruba
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 2:15pm On May 19, 2016
Alexbrain:

the loud Yoruba voice here is dogma, not reason
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by adebowales: 2:21pm On May 19, 2016
Alexbrain:

ur sister dey among those who I dey Bleep na only #500,all of una wan go Lagos
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by adebowales: 2:22pm On May 19, 2016
ilovetheline:
I opened the door to her
get busy bro gat no time for shit
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 19, 2016
bee444:

Yoruba is a collective noun and used in generalizing a tribe or people. If your friend Tolu is neat and beautiful, and yet you still refer Yoruba as dirty people, ain't you shooting yourself in the leg? There shouldn't ( be double standard. The word 'SOME' would have been more appropriate when dealing or referring to people with certain trait or attribute.

Your comment (first three lines) is one of the worst insult I've seen against the Yorubas. but do you realise you are talking about more than 20 million people?? well, as a Yoruba guy that schooled in the west, served in the east and currently living in SS, I only see all these derogatory comments against the Yorubas as comic relief cool. I wish NL is not a faceless forum after all!!
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 10:50pm On May 20, 2016
adebowales:
get busy bro gat no time for shit
totally relevant to say

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Sexually Assaults A Transgender In US, Gets Arrested (Photo) / Nigerian Man With Cocaine Capsules In Stomach Caught At Airport In Pakistan / Photos Of The Released Epe Students After 2 Months Of Abduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.