Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market (38628 Views)

Rivers Indigenes And Hausa Clash At Onne, Rivers, 2 Killed, Church, Mosque Burnt / Hausa And Fulani Clash At Agege Abattoir Market In Lagos, 1 Hausa Killed (Pics) / Area Boys Clash At Abule-Ado, Lagos. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by FarukuWadata12(m): 1:39pm On May 18, 2016
Alexbrain:

Why you no come East come talk this nonsense. You dey North dey make noise. Ewe

why he should come to east?
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 18, 2016
If it happened the way this story is presented then I cannot side my Igbo brothers on this for not leading by example, but if the Yoruba people re the one lien here, ahh!

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 1:45pm On May 18, 2016
egwekwe:
I read comments here. seeing how my kinsmen are chest beasting about saying they are more brave while calling another tribe coward.

If a free for all fight is to start today in Lagos,do you think we igbos have a chance?

Yoruba's have the Numbers and government support behind them.

Let us stop calling a tribe cowards and useless as this tribe has fought many wars in the past to defend it's territories .

I guess Hausa has the number when they took KWA-RA STATE FROM YOU

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 1:49pm On May 18, 2016
porrigeyam:
Flattino's again

This reminds me of 2011 in kaduna state... Just 1 fight between one igbo chemist owner and a Hausa mother. ..the whole igbo traders in kaduna state refused to open shop for 2days due to cowardice ,they where afraid the Hausa will strike, in kaduna here igbo people can't live together with Hausa people because they know will suya them if they misbehave, igbo people have shown times without number that they lack respect and proper home upbringing they exhibit this trait everywhere they are, why for god's sake will you dare stop someone in his/her ancestors land from displaying goods when you're displaying yours. ..giving orders to someone in his land imagine this arrant nonsense they can't think talkless of trying it over here in the North. Igbo are more of coward than the Yoruba tribe if you don't believe come down north and see. Igbo respect your hosts please silence is not stupidity or lack of violence but just for the love of peace.

Stupidity is when you sentence a person to jail without hearing from his own side of the story.

KWARA STATE IS STILL UNDER CAPTIVITY TILL THIS DAY.

WHO CAPTURED KWARA.

LOOL.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Emekanews(m): 1:50pm On May 18, 2016
Why are we ibos such cowards and troublemakers everywhere we go?

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by alpontif(m): 1:50pm On May 18, 2016
HurtgenForest:

Banjo was a traitor who conspired to prevent the advancing Biafran army from enteriing Lagos.

he gave away several kilometers of captured land to Nigeria without a fight. i read somewhere where Biafran soldiers were deceived at Ore. cheesy cheesy

Which battle did adekunle fight abeg? He was hovering around the outskirts of Biafra shooting women & children while Etuk who was the real man led the men into battle. wink wink

For your info, Biafrans killed about 2/3 of the 3rd marine commando before operation OAU could even commence. grin grin grin

Adekunle even radio lagos and called for reenforcement before he would be wiped out.

It was starvation that eventually won the war for Nigeria, just imagine, lol. grin grin

BTW, see the link to where female warriors sacked yoruba ancestors from their lands and they crowded themselves as refugees fleeing from women. grin grin grin grin

Chai.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Fdtg4e5_WoIC&pg=PA169&lpg=PA169&dq=dahomey+female+warriors+battle+oyo&source=bl&ots=NuZLEuM1jF&sig=zL5w7f0gABZ1yzceX7J5YP9WvE0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiI7PTItuPMAhVEBsAKHQMJD-QQ6AEIUTAL#v=onepage&q=dahomey%20female%20warriors%20battle%20oyo&f=false

I hope you are happy now?

Hatred will not help you heal. I get it that it can be though to cope with the reality of defeat as a group of people, but why should you let it affect the quality of your life and that of your relationship with other Tribes...who are just people.

The simple fact of the matter is that Biafra was defeated. It is another fact that Ojukwu FLED.

Even Ojukwu's Father was against you guys fighting Nigeria, the Man died of heartbreak over the matter.

Bros, let me tell you one simple truth about the yorubas, a truth that once you know it, you will not have any problem with them.

Yorubas will never support a cause that will see them on the losing side. NEVER.

It is simple, Yoruba people dont chest beat all over the place, claiming they are Brave, They simply study the situation dispassionately, and follow the Logical choice.

There is a very very very very thing line between Bravery and Outright Idiocy.

It was outrightly idiotic for the East to Fight a Combination of The North and the west at the same time...in a Direct war. You guys should have followed the guerilla insurgency route, which should have led to biafra at the end of the day.

Your cause was the right cause, but the way in which you fought for the cause was not stategic. It showed that as a group , you guys do not have any history or knowledge of war, assuming you did, you would have fought like the Yorubas.

What will the Yorubas have done?

Ask me to answer that.

But know this, no amount of chest beating, or revisionary writing will erase the fact that Biafra was Defeated, whether through attrition or Starvation, and it will be really really naive of you to think that Warfare should be fought on fair terms. If You think so, that confirms that you guys dont know anything about war. Again, you should ask the Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by anny268(f): 1:50pm On May 18, 2016
kbams241:
Igbos causing problem everywhere since days of ojukwu. D most complicated set of people in the world
If u think it's easy to become the most complicated people in the world, pls try it and see the outcome.. Ko easy ra ra

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Emekanews(m): 1:52pm On May 18, 2016
What took a man years to build can take a day to bring down. This will be the case in Lagos if all care is not taken.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by aleem50(m): 1:53pm On May 18, 2016
Vanity!!! All of una just wan kill una self before death comes on top Lagos. Rubbish, we all gonna leave this sinful earth one day talk less of Nigeria.
I noticed something about those commenting on this thread, most of them are below 20 years of age and they still steal meat from their momma pot.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by aleem50(m): 1:53pm On May 18, 2016
Vanity!!! All of una just wan kill una self before death comes on top Lagos. Rubbish, we all gonna leave this sinful earth on day talk less of Nigeria.
I noticed something about those commenting on this thread, most of them are below 20 years of age and they still steal meat from their momma pot.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 18, 2016
porrigeyam:
Flattino's again

This reminds me of 2011 in kaduna state... Just 1 fight between one igbo chemist owner and a Hausa mother. ..the whole igbo traders in kaduna state refused to open shop for 2days due to cowardice ,they where afraid the Hausa will strike, in kaduna here igbo people can't live together with Hausa people because they know will suya them if they misbehave, igbo people have shown times without number that they lack respect and proper home upbringing they exhibit this trait everywhere they are, why for god's sake will you dare stop someone in his/her ancestors land from displaying goods when you're displaying yours. ..giving orders to someone in his land imagine this arrant nonsense they can't think talkless of trying it over here in the North. Igbo are more of coward than the Yoruba tribe if you don't believe come down north and see. Igbo respect your hosts please silence is not stupidity or lack of violence but just for the love of peace.
quota system product undecided

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by totit: 1:59pm On May 18, 2016
egwekwe:

http://tribuneonlineng.com/node/39668

Looolzz

NL ibos Don cheatbeat so teyyy ..with their IPOD blog. cheesy
Heheheh
Mtchew
I knew, these Aba blogs are nothing but bunch of lies and concocted tor'i

So,this is the real news ,after all?

Heheheheh cheesy
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Arclan07: 1:59pm On May 18, 2016
I can only imagine the only tribe in the world, who leaves his land goes to another mans land n want to claim ownership ,it's only the Igbo I wonder what set of human beings are this people the way they reason the way they do things, how can you want to displace the owner of his property n expect him to be at peace with you,all over the world you ppl r notorious for this same attribute ,you are the reason for xenophobia in south Africa ,same in Ghana,republic of Benin etc.this attitude of wanting to lord it over your host will get you no where ,you will perpetually be lamenting for Biafra which will never, I repeat never will see the light of the day, you ppl have no culture or moral values, you see nothing wrong in waking up your dad with a kick n this leaves one to believe the story that led to birth of these tribe it's actually a chimpanzee that raped a woman on her way to Enugun that birthed the first generations of the tribe called Igbo.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by omofunaab(m): 2:15pm On May 18, 2016
MetaHuman:
at least that didn't happen in the 21st century.. It happened when your ancestors are still wearing leafs and living on a tree.
We are just waiting for when they will declare ibo land a giant cattle ranch grin
The number of wars fought by Yoruba's, if ibo fought 1% of it, you will be in extinction now.
The only biafran war you fought, you lost woefully with over 5million of your fellow flattiesss slaughtered like ram.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by GEJISOURSON: 2:18pm On May 18, 2016
Anywhere Igbos go, they're liable to cause trouble. They have no respect for their host. From the North to the SW to the SS, they cause trouble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Mrjo(m): 2:18pm On May 18, 2016
porrigeyam:
Flattino's again

u ar in kaduna dose stop ur brethren from been in south east. 2 weeks ago they left street of aba with security which is nt grantee in ur place. SAY NO TO VIOLENT
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by HurtgenForest: 2:25pm On May 18, 2016
alpontif:

[s]I hope you are happy now?

Hatred will not help you heal. I get it that it can be though to cope with the reality of defeat as a group of people, but why should you let it affect the quality of your life and that of your relationship with other Tribes...who are just people.

The simple fact of the matter is that Biafra was defeated. It is another fact that Ojukwu FLED.

Even Ojukwu's Father was against you guys fighting Nigeria, the Man died of heartbreak over the matter.

Bros, let me tell you one simple truth about the yorubas, a truth that once you know it, you will not have any problem with them.

Yorubas will never support a cause that will see them on the losing side. NEVER.

It is simple, Yoruba people dont chest beat all over the place, claiming they are Brave, They simply study the situation dispassionately, and follow the Logical choice.

There is a very very very very thing line between Bravery and Outright Idiocy.

It was outrightly idiotic for the East to Fight a Combination of The North and the west at the same time...in a Direct war. You guys should have followed the guerilla insurgency route, which should have led to biafra at the end of the day.

Your cause was the right cause, but the way in which you fought for the cause was not stategic. It showed that as a group , you guys do not have any history or knowledge of war, assuming you did, you would have fought like the Yorubas.

What will the Yorubas have done?

Ask me to answer that.

But know this, no amount of chest beating, or revisionary writing will erase the fact that Biafra was Defeated, whether through attrition or Starvation, and it will be really really naive of you to think that Warfare should be fought on fair terms. If You think so, that confirms that you guys dont know anything about war. Again, you should ask the Yoruba[/s].

Yes I am happy that Biafra was defeated under the weight of Great Britain & USSR, I am indeed happy. This is history and I am not here to rewrite it. grin grin grin

We lost but more Nigerian soldiers died on the battle field than Biafran solders armed with bolt action rifles, lol cheesy cheesy

I hope you are also happy that female Dahomey warriors sacked yorubas from their villages such that they crowded themselves as refugees in Abeokuta. grin grin grin grin

I hope you are also happy that fulani annexed Ilorin and installed an emir till tomorrow. grin grin grin

I don't have anything to ask a tribe whose soldiers were overrun by women, lol grin grin grin cheesy

No amount of chest beating or revisionism will change the fact that yoruba warriors were overrun by dahomey women and that Ilorin has been annexed by fulani. cool

6 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by anny268(f): 2:27pm On May 18, 2016
porrigeyam:
Flattino's again

Trash! Trasher!! Trashest!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ObaOfEze: 2:29pm On May 18, 2016
Shame on my Igbo brothers. Don't cry genocide when Yorubas starts putting us in our place. Which sane man leaves his home land to fight with people n different regions? Have we Igbis no shame?
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 18, 2016
Ha, finally...we are on the brink.

I cant remember the last time this two tribes traded blows, except word missiles on NL.

could online aggression manifest to physical aggression? Could it?

The sooner this country carves, the better....
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ClintonDal(m): 2:36pm On May 18, 2016
The problem of Nigerians is double standards. I clearly remember when xenophobia was ongoing in SA everybody decried it but here we are now trying to kill our own fellow Nigerians. Why can't we just come together and make life easy for everyone? Nigeria is too big for 170million people to each be successful. We must not keep someone down just so we can go higher.
I seriously love and believe in this country, but with the way things are going I'd rather go abroad and believe from there.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Ezegozie(m): 2:39pm On May 18, 2016
Dadehmola:

That was what you said about the fulanis before they ran riot in Enugu a few weeks ago..

They didn't come out openly to fight.
They came at night when people were sleeping.
Brave men will fight you when you are awake And stay to take whatever consequences that might result from it, not Striking at night And running like cowards when the battle line is drawn.
See, I am not in support of this ethnic violence but we should watch our words

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by compressordaf(m): 2:47pm On May 18, 2016
porrigeyam:
Flattino's again

............u ar a fool of a took
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by kbams241: 2:50pm On May 18, 2016
anny268:
If u think it's easy to become the most complicated people in the world, pls try it and see the outcome.. Ko easy ra ra
Kid wat r u saying. Even ur explanation is complicated
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Lachynos2k2(m): 3:04pm On May 18, 2016
Emekanews:
Why are we ibos such cowards and troublemakers everywhere we go?
how can someone be a coward and a troublemaker at the same time? Mumu.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ogonogo: 3:05pm On May 18, 2016
7 injured, 8 vehicles burnt, 15 vandalised as Igbo, Yoruba traders clash at Ladipo Market •Only 4 wounded — Police

So...I am still trying to figure out what happened. They said 7 injured and they also said only 4 wounded. What is the difference between being injured and being wounded?

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by obaino860: 3:09pm On May 18, 2016
Dadehmola:

That was what you said about the fulanis before they ran riot in Enugu a few weeks ago..

da should have wait and face d Igbo's......wat is d need attacking harmless people......Igbo nation stood and fought a whole nation Nigeria for 2years,talkless of a minor tribe

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by TheSunSon: 3:09pm On May 18, 2016
porrigeyam:
Flattino's again

The same north I grew up in you gay? You kill us we also kill you,igbo and hausas lived together until you started to attack us in our sleep,igbos have their settlements in every Northern state,now when the fights begin everyone has their boundaries,Na Lie?? You kill us and we also kill you in your own land,so what are you saying? Can you live in the igbo community in your own land ne? Can you go into the igbo community in your own land and fight the igbo wawa kowai? Na by internet? FooooL

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by MisterMachine: 3:17pm On May 18, 2016
forget all this fight fight fight everywhere. Migrate to Australia and enh=joy peace of mind. www.desireaustralia.com
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by alpontif(m): 3:18pm On May 18, 2016
HurtgenForest:

Yes I am happy that Biafra was defeated under the weight of Great Britain & USSR, I am indeed happy. This is history and I am not here to rewrite it. grin grin grin

We lost but more Nigerian soldiers died on the battle field than Biafran solders armed with bolt action rifles, lol cheesy cheesy

I hope you are also happy that female Dahomey warriors sacked yorubas from their villages such that they crowded themselves as refugees in Abeokuta. grin grin grin grin

I hope you are also happy that fulani annexed Ilorin and installed an emir till tomorrow. grin grin grin

I don't have anything to ask a tribe whose soldiers were overrun by women, lol grin grin grin cheesy

No amount of chest beating or revisionism will change the fact that yoruba warriors were overrun by dahomey women and that Ilorin has been annexed by fulani. cool

Its not surprising that you have failed to learn from the wisdom of my writing, obviously , the truth is too bitter a pill for you to swallow.

Let me break this down for you:

1. Great Britain and USSR: Dont be naive. War is not fair. you dont come with a knife to a gunfight. If you come at me with a handgrenade, I will come at you with a nuclear bomb. That is how wars are won, War is not a match between Enyimba FC and Heartland FC. WAR IS BRUTAL, BRUTISH AND CRUEL...AND THAT IS HOW IT IS WON. Whether the USSR and GB helped Nigeria is not the point, the point is that Nigeria Threw all it had (Including Other countries help) at you, and crushed Biafra. Nigeria won...Simple.

2. ''Lost but more Nigerians died'': Really!?.......Biafran war was fought on Biafran Territory, do you know that?.....and that is not even the point. Victory is Victory, that is how we count the scores, You Lost, Nigeria won. end of story.

3. Dahomey women: Yes, this happend, have you seen any Yoruba Man hung up on Our Egba subset losing some battles to the Amazing Amazonians?....No....Why, because it is not important to us, we do not have a defeatist mentality.

4: Ilorin: Yes, the Great Fulani warriors defeated the yorubas via Afonja's Treachery.....But Yorubas dont care enough about Ilorin at that time since they believe it deserves to be overun because of Afonja's Treachery. Yoruba Warriors simply refused to fight to recover Ilorin. But that is not the point, The Fact is that Fulanis took over Ilorin, and You cannot see a Yoruba man that wants to kill himself and hates all fulanis because of that, we are too smart for that.

5. Chest beating: Everybody knows it is the Igbos that claim to be Brave, bold and the best at everything...Yorubas dont chest beat, we simply win.

6. You can learn from anybody and anything, even from a bee. The fact that you refuse to study and learn from your enemy simply means that you cannot defeat him, because you dont really know him. Sun Tzu will really feel sorry for you.

7. You people are too emotional, try to be logical for once, that is the way to win. Hatred will not help you.

8. I hope this will help you heal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by anny268(f): 3:23pm On May 18, 2016
kbams241:

Kid wat r u saying. Even ur explanation is complicated
Ancestor, m saying you should read it over and over again, m sure u will understand.. Okay?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by HurtgenForest: 3:27pm On May 18, 2016
alpontif:

[s]Its not surprising that you have failed to learn from the wisdom of my writing, obviously , the truth is too bitter a pill for you to swallow.

Let me break this down for you:

1. Great Britain and USSR: Dont be naive. War is not fair. you dont come with a knife to a gunfight. If you come at me with a handgrenade, I will come at you with a nuclear bomb. That is how wars are won, War is not a match between Enyimba FC and Heartland FC. WAR IS BRUTAL, BRUTISH AND CRUEL...AND THAT IS HOW IT IS WON. Whether the USSR and GB helped Nigeria is not the point, the point is that Nigeria Threw all it had (Including Other countries help) at you, and crushed Biafra. Nigeria won...Simple.

2. ''Lost but more Nigerians died'': Really!?.......Biafran war was fought on Biafran Territory, do you know that?.....and that is not even the point. Victory is Victory, that is how we count the scores, You Lost, Nigeria won. end of story.

3. Dahomey women: Yes, this happend, have you seen any Yoruba Man hung up on Our Egba subset losing some battles to the Amazing Amazonians?....No....Why, because it is not important to us, we do not have a defeatist mentality.

4: Ilorin: Yes, the Great Fulani warriors defeated the yorubas via Afonja's Treachery.....But Yorubas dont care enough about Ilorin at that time since they believe it deserves to be overun because of Afonja's Treachery. Yoruba Warriors simply refused to fight to recover Ilorin. But that is not the point, The Fact is that Fulanis took over Ilorin, and You cannot see a Yoruba man that wants to kill himself and hates all fulanis because of that, we are too smart for that.

5. Chest beating: Everybody knows it is the Igbos that claim to be Brave, bold and the best at everything...Yorubas dont chest beat, we simply win.

6. You can learn from anybody and anything, even from a bee. The fact that you refuse to study and learn from your enemy simply means that you cannot defeat him, because you dont really know him. Sun Tzu will really feel sorry for you.

7. You people are too emotional, try to be logical for once, that is the way to win. Hatred will not help you.

8. I hope this will help you heal[/s].

[size=16pt]I don't have anything to ask a tribe whose soldiers were overrun by women, lol[/size] grin grin cheesy

No amount of chest beating or revisionism will change the fact that yoruba warriors were overrun by dahomey women and that Ilorin has been annexed by fulani.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ifeoluwa Adekunle, AAUA Student Found Dead In Her Room / 3rd Wife Kills Her Hubby & 3 Other Members Of Family Cos Of Land In Enugu(pics) / One Chance Robbers Caught In Wuse, Abuja (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.