Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market (38637 Views)

Rivers Indigenes And Hausa Clash At Onne, Rivers, 2 Killed, Church, Mosque Burnt / Hausa And Fulani Clash At Agege Abattoir Market In Lagos, 1 Hausa Killed (Pics) / Area Boys Clash At Abule-Ado, Lagos. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by alpontif(m): 3:29pm On May 18, 2016
Ezegozie:

They didn't come out openly to fight.
They came at night when people were sleeping.
Brave men will fight you when you are awake And stay to take whatever consequences that might result from it, not Striking at night And running like cowards when the battle line is drawn.
See, I am not in support of this ethnic violence but we should watch our words

Really!? So they should announce it on CNN that they are coming to attack you?

You people dont understand how to win Wars or battles or fights, at all.

And no, it is only idiots who will fight you when you are likely to defeat them, not Brave men.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by adebowales: 3:31pm On May 18, 2016
hope say na Igbo man die,if not I dey go carry my gun

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by victons(m): 3:32pm On May 18, 2016
And op thinks he cant deceive me wit such a bias news...y portray d igbos as d trouble makers,y telling us dat d yorubas just reacted to d mischevious action of d igbos oo.... Mtcheew... Op I jirodi okwu at all

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by alpontif(m): 3:34pm On May 18, 2016
HurtgenForest:

Yes I am happy that Biafra was defeated under the weight of Great Britain & USSR, I am indeed happy. This is history and I am not here to rewrite it. grin grin grin

We lost but more Nigerian soldiers died on the battle field than Biafran solders armed with bolt action rifles, lol cheesy cheesy

I hope you are also happy that female Dahomey warriors sacked yorubas from their villages such that they crowded themselves as refugees in Abeokuta. grin grin grin grin

I hope you are also happy that fulani annexed Ilorin and installed an emir till tomorrow. grin grin grin

[size=16pt]I don't have anything to ask a tribe whose soldiers were overrun by women, lol[/size] grin grin cheesy

No amount of chest beating or revisionism will change the fact that yoruba warriors were overrun by dahomey women and that Ilorin has been annexed by fulani.

Hope you win your next War.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by wtfCode: 3:40pm On May 18, 2016
Hear that, we rule everywhere we go. Umu igbo bu dike n' mba. We tell you what u'll do in ya homes...now,thats some supremacy sh*t.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Stormofsword: 4:05pm On May 18, 2016
Ilovemystate:

faking Igbo moniker to console yourself is not good for your health grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by shuaibkunle123: 4:06pm On May 18, 2016
pls my people let leave harmony and peaceful.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Proffdada: 4:23pm On May 18, 2016
One day we will realize that we're being used against ourselves
We're a nation under siege with external forces sabotaging our unity. If Nigeria crumbles today, it'll only favor the opposing superpowers influencing the break up
cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by machinery1: 4:36pm On May 18, 2016
They were killed by Fulani few weeks ago, they cried genocide and had to fast with an IDP camp set up for them yet they call everyone coward. Screaming online is bravery to them, once you treat there fuckup, they will run to the UN to cry genocide. Take them serious at your own peril.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Stormofsword: 4:45pm On May 18, 2016
A

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by louqas: 4:53pm On May 18, 2016
Stormofsword:

Time for a litte education.
If u are by chance lucky to have attended secondary school, u would atleast have learned a few things about precolonial Nigeria. It is the written history of Nigeria which is mostly dominated Northern Caliphates, The famous Benin Kingdom and the Oyo empire that dominates a large portion of west Africa which stretched from North Central Nigeria all the way to Dahomey, Togo and a part of Ghana. it takes a people with a high level of intelligence with critical thinking ability and most importantly lot of balls to achieve. Can't ever remember being thought anything about an Ibo war expedition outside their territory.

Let's come down to Post-colonial period. The history of Nigerian Army won't ever be complete without the mention of Adekunle Fajuyi, of Olusegun Obasanjo's role in the Biafra War, of Adekunle aka The Scorpion, of Tunde Idiagbon, these are men with big balls. Can't remember much of my Ibo counterpart except that of Aguiyi Ironsi and that of the rebel leader who failed the Nigeria Army and also failed his people.

Being consciously aware of your own strength and weakness and that of your enemies and friends and acknowledging it would be the greates thing you could ever do to help yourself and your tribe. Believe me, the Yoruba people are very much of on top of the situation in this realm and that's why we hold the balance in the country unity and survival. I case u still think they are cowards maybe you should go sit down with ur secondary school teacher again and ask her/him the impact of Awolowo in the Nigerian Civil War. The Yoruba people can still hit you where it will hurt more.

please be aware.

First comment on Nairaland .

Come to think of it there was never any great empire/kingdom from iboland pre colonial Nigeria . Large empires and kingdoms that fought wars of conquest and expansion .
Ibos If there were any such in empire please let us know or some might just start thinking you all are a bunch of village warriors

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by livinstone8(m): 4:54pm On May 18, 2016
egwekwe:
I read comments here. seeing how my kinsmen are chest beasting about saying they are more brave while calling another tribe coward.

If a free for all fight is to start today in Lagos,do you think we igbos have a chance?

Yoruba's have the Numbers and government support behind them.

Let us stop calling a tribe cowards and useless as this tribe has fought many wars in the past to defend it's territories .
And the yorubas have not been calling the igbos anything? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Stormofsword: 5:02pm On May 18, 2016
louqas:

Come to think of it there was never any great empire/kingdom from iboland pre colonial Nigeria . Large empires and kingdoms that fought wars of conquest and expansion .
Ibos If there were any such in empire please let us know or some might just start thinking you all are a bunch of village warriors

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by obaino860: 5:10pm On May 18, 2016
Arclan07:
I can only imagine the only tribe in the world, who leaves his land goes to another mans land n want to claim ownership ,it's only the Igbo I wonder what set of human beings are this people the way they reason the way they do things, how can you want to displace the owner of his property n expect him to be at peace with you,all over the world you ppl r notorious for this same attribute ,you are the reason for xenophobia in south Africa ,same in Ghana,republic of Benin etc.this attitude of wanting to lord it over your host will get you no where ,you will perpetually be lamenting for Biafra which will never, I repeat never will see the light of the day, you ppl have no culture or moral values, you see nothing wrong in waking up your dad with a kick n this leaves one to believe the story that led to birth of these tribe it's actually a chimpanzee that raped a woman on her way to Enugun that birthed the first generations of the tribe called Igbo.

like chimpanzee,,like obasanjo and tinubu....I hope it was d woman DAT gave birth to them

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by HurtgenForest: 5:29pm On May 18, 2016
alpontif:

Hope you win your next War.

Sure. smiley

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Chinom(m): 5:48pm On May 18, 2016
bee444:
I am going to be straight up here. No bias and no bs. This is something thats been happening for far too long.
The plain truth goes...

Igbos don't like Yorubas. You can argue all you can, the record don't lie. Igbos only tolerate Yorubas, while the Yorubas accept the Igbos as equals and fellow citizen.

And there's this disturbing fact that always come about when misunderstanding between these two arises; the "biafra" issue. They always put in the "we should have our own country" bs.

Again, Igbos are angry people. Always referring to the Yorubas as dirty at the slightest opportunity. I think Buhari should give them Biafra for peace to reign. Igbos fight Hausas, Yorubas and any tribe that is non-Igbo. Very indrustrious peole, but too greedy and unwelcoming.

You may have a point on the bolded, but have you tried to research why?. There is a real reason for that feeling. It has to do with the very unreliable nature of the average Yoruba man. If you live in Lagos and have to deal with the average and everyday Yoruba in a business relationship, you will go crazy. All the stereotypes of them being lazy, dirty, unreliable, not trustworthy and snitches come to play. The best way to know the true nature of a people is when you deal with the not so educated artisans of each group.
I once gave several Yoruba furniture makers a contract to build some furniture for me. They collected 50% money in advance and never delivered. I got so pissed off that I consciously started looking for an Igbo or Edo furniture man. Finally got an Igbo guy, gave him just 5% advance payment and the work was done and delivered at the agreed time.
Same thing applies to Mechanics, brick layers, carpenters etc. When it comes to these artisans, we have no choice but to use Yoruba people. They are virtually the only tribe you can find in these professions in Lagos. So my friend, Yorubas have contributed a lot to this "dislike" by other tribes. Their mentality will drive a serious minded person nuts. I don't even want to discuss the attitude of the Yoruba woman. There is a reason most other Nigerians in Lagos will rather starve than visit a typical Yoruba restaurant.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 18, 2016
egwekwe:
I read comments here. seeing how my kinsmen are chest beasting about saying they are more brave while calling another tribe coward.

If a free for all fight is to start today in Lagos,do you think we igbos have a chance?

Yoruba's have the Numbers and government support behind them.

Let us stop calling a tribe cowards and useless as this tribe has fought many wars in the past to defend it's territories .
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Stormofsword: 6:23pm On May 18, 2016
[quote author=Chinom post=45743932]

Y

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Chinom(m): 6:46pm On May 18, 2016
Stormofsword:

"Lazy, dirty, unreliable, untrustworthy and snitches" Really?

And how many of ur brothers, sisters, uncles, grand parents or sorry arse ancestors have ever entered Forbes?

Did I hear u say Zero? yes Zero, Nil, babu.

And that's why u and ur fake and substandard products importers can't stay at your umudim village cos u know ur sorry arse are gonna starve if u don't come to Lagos. Lagos is ur London, ur Milan, ur Hongkong, ur ghuanzou, and ur Taiwan.

We can decide to make it unbearable for ur silly arse by just changing land use law for non residence. That's just a thing among millions that can be used to make life unbearable for u.

E pain you. I know, but it's the truth. Very pathetic for you to quote Forbes list. You have one Adenuga on Forbes list and 10 million Agberos, touts, bricklayers and completely unemployed and lazy youths. Or one Dangote on Forbes followed by 20million Mai guards, Mai rua and labourers. That is not what makes a people thick.

It's the average wealth of a people that matters. Igbos have the largest spread of all Nigerian ethnic groups. I have never heard anything as funny as "changing the land use law for non residence". Who are the "non residents" if I may ask. Is it people from Benin republic, Ghana, Togo or Niger. Even an Igbo, Hausa, Edo or Warri guy that arrived Lagos yesterday is a resident as long as he can produce an address.
FYI the non-residents may end up being all you immigrants from Osun, Oyo, Ekiti or Ondo.

Better think before you post nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Tex42(m): 7:39pm On May 18, 2016
Igbos and Yorubas... ! Hope the govt and security agencies handles this effectively. Violence is the last thing we need in the south/naija now, like the economy is not bad enough for us to contend with.

Sure a compromise can be reached here, so my igbo /yoruba brethren, work to reach one, so u can go about ur business and social life peacefully.

Respect for each other is paramount here, so u can live in harmony with each other.

Pls no more fighting.

Peace!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by lawani: 7:48pm On May 18, 2016
The only solution to all this rubbish is to break up the country, then the Igbos in the new Yoruba country will be those agreeable with Yorubas and with our laws while the Yorubas in Igbo will also cooperate with Igbos, Yorubas in London, Kaduna or Kano will never gang up against the people controlling those places. Then Fulani never overran Ilorin. Not even any Bariba land. The Baloguns were in full control of Ilorin while a Fulani was the Emir. The Yoruba man who is the Emir today is descended from Balogun Gambari not Fulani. So the Fulani have been removed next step is to ban Abrahamic religions after installing a proper Oba. Again, No Bariba or Yoruba whether North or South of Niger fell to the Fulani. Go and learn. Jebba land In Niger state is under an Oba.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 7:48pm On May 18, 2016
alpontif:

Really!? So they should announce it on CNN that they are coming to attack you?

You people dont understand how to win Wars or battles or fights, at all.

And no, it is only idiots who will fight you when you are likely to defeat them, not Brave men.
so this is to say Yoruba men are still more brilliant when they are offsetting a go of things
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 7:56pm On May 18, 2016
How come at the end, Igbo's are being blamed, simply because the report wasn't an outright: YORUBA GROUP TAKES OVER LEVY COLLECTION AT A MAJORLY IGBO MARKET
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by lawani: 7:57pm On May 18, 2016
MetaHuman:
see dumb post grin

Failure and a coward always looking for a reason for his failure..
Adekunle that roasts all beefraud army is from ussr or is it awolowo that brought the whole beefraud dream to his kneel by just a simple logic is from UK.. grin
Even brefraud strike team was led by a Yoruba man before ojuku had him foolishly executed and lost the war and ran like a pvssy to Abidjan grin
Just imagine, just warlord at the only war fought by ibo is a renowned coward. grin

For the record, we lost Ilorin in a fair fight and not blame anyone else for our failure.. Plus we won so many wars also unlike you cowards .. And it doesn't mean the state belongs to Hausa and haffez or aminat is a Muslim name not Fulani name you ignorant beerfraudian.. Just like you bear Jude or peter.

Anyhoo, I have job to do.. Not gonna be responding to your stupidity for now.

Ilorin never at any time fell under the Fulani jihad. They merely appointed a Fulani as Emir or Chief Imam but present Emir is not Fulani but Hausa descent.

https://www.nairaland.com/3108613/story-ilorin-2

https://www.nairaland.com/3042655/story-ilorin
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by lawani: 8:07pm On May 18, 2016
So let everybody join hands together to break up the country into ethnic nations. There are ten nations on Earth with population less than 70 thousand and they are full members of the UN. Igbos, Hausas, Yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Calabar run in their millions and they should be independent using their languages as official along with English with military and police made up of majority indigenes. This is what everybody must join hands to achieve. All Yoruba lands should be merged. All Igbo lands and all Hausa lands too,.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 8:20pm On May 18, 2016
4k you if you are anti IGBO just like that wink by all holes.we rock and we know it
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 8:22pm On May 18, 2016
louqas:

maybe our communities were Democratic enough to self sustain
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 8:25pm On May 18, 2016
lawani:
So let everybody join hands together to break up the country into ethnic nations. There are ten nations on Earth with population less than 70 thousand and they are full members of the UN. Igbos, Hausas, Yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Calabar run in their millions and they should be independent using their languages as official along with English with military and police made up of majority indigenes. This is what everybody must join hands to achieve. All Yoruba lands should be merged. All Igbo lands and all Hausa lands too,.
this genius just suggested a confederation with no central authority. Genius
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by bee444: 8:33pm On May 18, 2016
Mr3loader:
lol Demented brain @ work. South West cowards

Instead of accepting constructive criticism, you're cursing. And who told you l'm from south west? You need to take your frustration elsewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by Rayhutar(m): 8:35pm On May 18, 2016
Where dem dey, I am back, Lagos is no man's land, who no gree should call for succession of Lagos and yibba land from, one Nigeria, that is what the Igbos are calling for and they are calling for their massacre

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 8:37pm On May 18, 2016
egwekwe:

Because I think differently from you makes me a fake Igbo man?.

No problem. Won't bother replying you and your type again.
it is not best to die on your knees. They are killing us either way. Maybe you could die a commando because it is more memorable and with honour
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Traders Clash At Ladipo Market by ilovetheline: 8:44pm On May 18, 2016
How come at the end, Igbo's are being blamed, simply because the report wasn't an outright: YORUBA GROUP TAKES OVER LEVY COLLECTION AT A MAJORLY IGBO MARKET

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Arrest Alese, Badoo Cult’s Herbalist (Photos) / Truck Driver Fights With A Policeman, Seizes His Gun (Video) / Client Ties Lagos Prostitute's Neck With Rope, Tries To Kill Her After Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.