Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! (18951 Views)

Start A Profiting Business Online [READ MORE] / Some Things You Should Know About Online Shopping / The CBN & NDIC: Stop Gtbank From Profiting From Its "System Anomaly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by importexpert(m): 12:04pm On May 19, 2016
vynzecent:

I need more info on this business because ayam interested. how do i contact you?

no contact required. just intensify your search.
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by SPG4U(m): 12:06pm On May 19, 2016
I love this
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 12:09pm On May 19, 2016
been there, done that
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Ajusshi: 12:22pm On May 19, 2016
angry
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by professore(m): 12:40pm On May 19, 2016
This is informative
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by daddyrich: 12:43pm On May 19, 2016
Eleniyan15:
I still dont get
then ask questions
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by mekussays: 12:45pm On May 19, 2016
Drop shipping is a very good business. The OP has done an excellent job.

However there are so things to note..

Dropshipping in Nigeria is still relatively new. As a result , it is quite complicated. Firstly, you will need to have a dollar account to enable you fulfill orders. My reason is that with all the restrictions on Fx, you will quickly run out using your nigerian based card. You will understand what I mean if you have high volume of sales.

Secondly, you need to carefully source drop shippers. There are so many middlemen who pose as drop shippers and try and charge you some money. Authentic drop shippers don't charge any money. They are actually large warehouses with variety of products. When you place an order, they get it from their warehouse and send. As simple as that.

Thirdly, you need to educate yourself about customs regulation (if you can successfully pass point 1). My reason for this is that customs can add extra cost to the goods and probably the customer must have paid so you can't go back and tell d customer(you will look very unprofessional)

Having said the above, dropshipping is great. We hope to get major suppliers here in Nigeria where the concept of dropshipping can be done with the internation trade wahala in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by mekussays: 12:49pm On May 19, 2016

Dropshipping in Nigeria is still relatively new. As a result , it is quite complicated. Firstly, you will need to have a dollar account to enable you fulfill orders. My reason is that with all the restrictions on Fx, you will quickly run out using your nigerian based card. You will understand what I mean if you have high volume of sales.

Secondly, you need to carefully source drop shippers. There are so many middlemen who pose as drop shippers and try and charge you some money. Authentic drop shippers don't charge any money. They are actually large warehouses with variety of products. When you place an order, they get it from their warehouse and send. As simple as that.

Thirdly, you need to educate yourself about customs regulation (if you can successfully pass point 1). My reason for this is that customs can add extra cost to the goods and probably the customer must have paid so you can't go back and tell d customer(you will look very unprofessional)

Having said the above, dropshipping is great. We hope to get major suppliers here in Nigeria where the concept of dropshipping can be done with the internation trade wahala in nigeria.
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by favome(f): 12:54pm On May 19, 2016
great information but delivery to customers within Nigeria will be challenging.

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by nigerfine: 12:57pm On May 19, 2016
I have been trying to figure out how well this works in Nig. Some Nig factors ; import ..custom and naira rate are to be considered. Time also.
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by DrTims(m): 2:47pm On May 19, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]don't mind them angry am interested, how do I get started??
richling77:
You nailed it. I mostly advice unemployed graduates to go into this but do you know many of them are even too lazy to do this. You don't necessarily have to get supplier from overseas to venture into this. Look around you, make sure you can see well.

This is the first time I'm able to post on a topic on first page on nairaland. Those that need this info are busy commenting on Tonto Dike's thread. They have read this and over looked it. You can see how dry this page is and that's an evidence of lack of wisdom in Nigeria. Or don't we have unemployed on nairaland anymore?
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by msbyao: 3:32pm On May 19, 2016
Nice writeup Op. I've been looking at drop shipping for kids items. Any ideas of wholesalers I can work with or big retailers? Also, what do you think is the best way to be up to date with the inventory of your wholesaler or retailer?
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by gowaga68: 3:38pm On May 19, 2016
Thanks for this long and meaningful write ups. I have been trying to lay my hands on how to go about this kind of venture.
Will be checking on here from time to time.
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by CosmicJames(m): 4:00pm On May 19, 2016
Eleniyan15:
I still dont get
Because it is not the full info but an eye opener. You need to think out of the box my brother. Google this keywords : Dropshiping +money?
Also use youtube with the same keywords to get practical videos. There is more to learn about dropshiping than what is posted here if you want to venture into it and succeed.
Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Kfed4ril(m): 6:17pm On May 19, 2016
importexpert:

drop-shipping can work in almost all markets including furniture. locate a manufacturer in china or so that accepts drop-shipping. agree on drop-shipping terms with him, get his list of inventory, showcase the products and market them. lastly await the cash and also do not forget to provide a very good customer support

Thank u bro but how can I locate them? Like us there a site were I can check list if companies that accept drop shipping? Thank u
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Eleniyan15: 9:11pm On May 19, 2016
CosmicJames:
Because it is not the full info but an eye opener. You need to think out of the box my brother. Google this keywords : Dropshiping +money?
Also use youtube with the same keywords to get practical videos. There is more to learn about dropshiping than what is posted here if you want to venture into it and succeed.
Good luck

gracia
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by okezie007(m): 8:35am On May 20, 2016
OP thanks for sharing..welldone!
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by importexpert(m): 9:24am On May 20, 2016
okezie007:
OP thanks for sharing..welldone!

you are welcome. i wish you success
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by roundandbrown: 7:08pm On May 20, 2016
importexpert:

no contact required. just intensify your search.

Am interested in this bro..how do I get their site so as to decide which of d product to import / market for them here and make money
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Chinatownm(m): 9:47pm On May 26, 2016
@op, Hope u didn't get tired of lecturing us. Been waiting for u to throw more light Cus am interested already. sent u a whatsapp message though
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Icocop101(m): 8:26pm On May 27, 2016
Very informative @op, kudos! And keep the good work up.

My few questions i would like to ask:

(1) Is it possible to get "exclusive rights" as a drop shipper, from a Manufacturer/Supplier of a particular Product of interest ?

(2) How possible is it to effectively operate a full functional ecommerce website as a drop shipper, using your "Mobile Smartphone" (in the absence of a PC or Laptop) ?

(3) Is it advisable for a drop shipper to deal Part-payment from the customer, in placing orders for Products; and balance paid on delivery ?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by wealth0606(m): 12:31pm On May 30, 2016
pls, i believe you have knwldg about shipping pls am a neophyte help me with understanding myus.com shipping rate
Re: Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
mekussays:

are you currently into the business and can i get more info from you, i have done intensive research and even watched videos on you-tube on how to drop ship using mostly spotify but most of these people are based in the uk so il love to get in-depth knowledge of how to replicate the business here in nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mr Biggs Franchise / Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? / S.T.C...Daily Football Tips Plus...Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.