Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World (8488 Views)

See The Bread I Bought From Onitsha Shoprite Yesterday / Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? / Picture Of A Nigeria Police Eating Beans And Bread In The Bush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by AloyEmeka6: 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2009
Nigerian scientist produces ‘richest bread’ in the world
By AZOMA CHIKWE

Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Just few weeks ago UNICEF reported that millions of Nigerian children are dying of malnutrition. Northern states namely Sokoto, Kebbi, Yobe and katsina are the worst hit. However, a Nigerian Scientist, Mr. George Ekeh has come up with food products that might be the answer to malnutrition in Nigeria.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/aug/18/515.html

According to him “For six years my company researched and worked with several laboratories around the world until a break through was made.

We produced 2 unique products bread and cookies fortifies with high protein, fibre and 35 vitamins and minerals. This is the first of it’s kind in the world.

“This bread which contains high Protein, rich in fibre, has the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs) of 35 vitamins and minerals making it the first of its kind and the richest bread in the world.

“A 6-year research has produced this result. The answer to our huge health problems is here now. It is now the will to adopt and use it that we need. Already hospitals like Eko Hospitals, Humana are using these products on an exclusive basis. The churches are promoting them.

“This research which gave us the opportunity to work with some of the best experts in food technology in the world, has produced the world’s first Green Bread. Some of these vitamins and minerals are high level antioxidants and are effective in the prevention of various cancers, Cardiac Heart Diseases (CHD), Hypertension, bad Cholesterol, Diabetes, Infertility, Anemia and extreme cases of malnutrition amongst others.

“If seriously and successfully implemented, the Justy Green Project might become the solution to a lot of health and malnutrition problems. If properly embraced, our children will grow into healthy, intelligent adults with strong immune system, thereby making a healthy nation.

“It is my dream that no child in Nigeria should die of malnutrition. No Nigerian should die of cancer where it is preventable. Let us bring dying cells back to life. Let us begin from the simplest way. Let us begin with bread.

“Justy Green project has answered the call of the United Nations on food supplementation. Using the most universally accepted food items Bread and Cookies, consumed by everyone irrespective of age, or state of health, as vehicle to convey to the body a therapeutic food, which contains 35 vitamins and minerals, high protein and fibre. These are what the body needs with some exercise, to stay very healthy, and free of cancers, cardiac heart diseases, high blood pressure, malnutrition, infertility, obesity etc.

Continuing he said, “It is my strongest belief that if our government can support an intensive nation wide campaign on this Justy Green Project for 2 years, as is done in the case of Iodized salt, Vitamin A and HIV/AIDS, an amazing result will be achieved on the overall national health, healthy babies will be delivered, our children will be healthy and intelligent (the work of Choline), our youths will be more vibrant, cases of Cardiac Heat Diseases, stroke, hypertension, cancers etc will be drastically reduced and the elderly will age gracefully. Nigeria would have healthy citizens, healthy work force, and a happy nation

“We are prepared to work with the affected states and other states not affected now, to prevent a spread of this most shameful health problem. The inclusion of Choline, Selenium, Folic acid, High Protein, Fibre , Iron, calcium. Zinc. Vitamins E, B complex and Chromium is key to this magic,” he said.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2009
How many Calories per slice? grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy How much of my daily allowance of vitamins do I get from each slice?? Roflmao!!!!
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by AloyEmeka6: 7:59pm On Aug 18, 2009
The most hilarious invention of the 21st C. Akala invented toilet, somebody must invent the bread that will take us to the toilet. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2009
This one don pass the one Jesus Christ use for last supper. na thriple enternal life this one go give
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by AloyEmeka6: 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2009
Anything to fight hunger. Go to those states mentioned above and see poverty at its height.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by babapupa: 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2009
all these beasts of no nation sha,

if na for yankee the news come from, you people go hail am and begin praise america. I just don't understand why Nigerians finds it funny and prudent to criticize anything/everything from naija. what else do you have going on in Nigeria besides sad stories of corruption and ineptitude?

Talk about self defeatist and sad people,
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2009
So, if we find something funny, we are WRONG to laugh?? Roflmao!!!! See me see wahala ooo!!! you go even think say the people wey dey criticize my laughing are even seriously working hard on changing Nigeria and my laughter is impeding success or something. roflmao!!!
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by AloyEmeka6: 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2009
babapupa:

all these  beasts of no nation sha,

if na for yankee the news come from, you people go hail am and begin praise america
. I just don't understand why Nigerians finds it funny and prudent to criticize anything/everything from naija. what else do you have going on in Nigeria besides sad stories of corruption and ineptitude? 

Talk about self defeatist and sad people,

Na suffer head de worry you. No, we will still laugh if yankee discover such bread. Is it a crime to laugh? grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by babapupa: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2009
den say just few weeks ago, UNICEF reported that millions of Nigerian children are dying of malnutrition in Northern states namely Sokoto, Kebbi, Yobe and katsina and a Nigerian Scientist rose to the occasion an solved the problem by coming up with food products that might be the answer to malnutrition in Nigeria and you find it funny?

what's funny really? that a Nigerian scientist did what scientist do (solving problems and finding answers and solutions to help humanity)

or just because the solution came from fellow countryman and detested Nigeria?

or is it just that Nigerian children are dying of malnutrition and they don't deserve any kind of help scientifically?

sometimes I don't get you people for real, and we wonder why that place is bleeped up
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by AloyEmeka6: 10:25pm On Aug 18, 2009
Lets wait and see how his bread will solve the problem. No need to get angry over this matter, na just laugh we laugh and you won't blame us for laughing. grin
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by ifyalways(f): 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2009
6 solid years spent on inventing/producing/baking this wonder bread?How many years then wud it take before it gets to the table and mouths that need it undecided
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by babapupa: 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2009
What difference does it make? At least they are doing something to help/They came up with something.

Wetin you come up with? Negativity? That's all you have to offer.

Obviously, your negativity no go help a single malnourished child  but the scientific outcome will, so the joke is really on you.

you guys are hypocrites, you drink from the same well with clueless naija leaders, you don't support your own people.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2009
ifyalways:

6 solid years spent on inventing/producing/baking this wonder bread?How many years then wud it take before it gets to the table and mouths that need it undecided

About 5 hours?? Roflmao!!!!! I mean it ought only to take 5 hours max to bake the bread now. Roflmao!!! Who knows, it might be years!!! lol
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by AloyEmeka6: 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2009
babapupa:

What difference does it make? At least they are doing something to help/They came up with something.

Obviously, your negativity no go help a single malnourished child  but the scientific outcome will,  so the joke is really on you.

you guys are hypocrites, you drink from the same well with clueless naija leaders, you don't support your own people.

I am with you on this one. Research takes time and most pharmaceutical companies take years before they can develop, test and release a product into the market. Some take over ten years so I don't see anything wrong with a 6 year old research.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by MrCrackles(m): 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2009
Bullshit
Wonderbread ko, wonder fish ni!
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by Beaf: 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2009
babapupa:

Obviously, your negativity no go help a single malnourished child  but the scientific outcome will, so the joke is really on you.

I never believed I'd agree with you. Don't mind them na soso mouth.
This thing is an incredible step, the only things that might hamper it are, cost, ease of production and perishability.

Am still waiting for you "there" sha grin
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by AloyEmeka6: 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2009
Beaf:

I never believed I'd agree with you. Don't mind them na soso mouth.
This thing is an incredible step, the only things that might hamper it are, cost, ease of production and perishability.

Am still waiting for you "there" sha grin
Man shall not live by bread alone.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by SkyBlue1: 10:59pm On Aug 18, 2009
Good development

@babapupa i feel you.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by oyinda3(f): 11:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
That's good news!!!
so many diseases (caused by vitamin deficiencies) will be prevented and mal nutrition will be reduced at least.
US army has some food like that that they give to their soldiers abroad where there is lack of food and proper nutrition.  

Beaf:

yea that's true. but i'm sure this is just beginning stages. we can't really tell what will happen in the future.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by savanaha: 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2009
Good.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by AloyEmeka6: 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2009
oyinda.:

That's good news!!!
so many diseases (caused by vitamin deficiencies) will be prevented and mal nutrition will be reduced at least.
US army has some food like that that they give to their soldiers abroad where there is lack of food and proper nutrition.  

yea that's true. but i'm sure this is just beginning stages. we can't really tell what will happen in the future.
In that case, its no new invention.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by oyinda3(f): 11:09pm On Aug 18, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

duhh food and medicine production is not a new invention. they are all usually packed with nutrients but this naija one happen to have the most in any bread!
it is the "richest bread" in the world. that's very commendable and relevant to our malnutrition situation in naija.

the US army one is a protein bar with necessary vitamins in it designed specifically for soldiers i guess.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by SkyBlue1: 11:15pm On Aug 18, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Wow? Where did anyone claim it was a new "invention"? I just don't get some posters sometimes, why don't we measure with thesame spoon so that while we rightly lambast all the vices in the country we can also aknowledge when something worthy of aknowledgement occurs. It might be that you don't find the development aknowledgeble and that is absolutely fine. I just don't get this attack mechanism that is not uncommon in nairaland whereby facts are ignored to draw a conclusion on a non existent hypothesis. Do we just lambast and moan for the sake of it? Because the US has something similar does not necessarily mean its thesame, the only allusion to uniqueness of the product I saw in the article was when it was stated that "this is the first of its kind in the world". The fact that the US military might have a similar product is not mutually exclusive with the one apparently produced in Nigeria being the first of its kind.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by babapupa: 11:21pm On Aug 18, 2009
Good point Oyinda and sky blue

sounds like some some people will do/say anything to discredit and deny their own people's achievements/accomplishments.

I don't think they laughed and ridiculed Kellogg and rice farmers in the US when they fortified breakfast cereals and rice with vitamins to promote good health and help American kids.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by Kobojunkie: 2:10am On Aug 19, 2009
Roflmao!!!!! No one has yet to answer my questions. How many Calories? At least how much Vitamin A can I expect from one slice ?? Roflmao!!!
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by Afaukwu: 2:23am On Aug 19, 2009
The fortification of food with non-chemical sources of micronutrients and vitamins is a topical and global issue now. On that note, this is a good development. I am myself working on fortifying cassava with iron and zinc, via bacterial amendments (hence Bio) , to alleviate the deficiencies of these important trace elements in cassava consuming (African)/food systems.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by babapupa: 2:36am On Aug 19, 2009
Roflmao!!!!! No one has yet to answer my questions. How many Calories? At least how much Vitamin A can I expect from one slice ?? Roflmao!!!

Do you ask yourself the same question every time you eat enriched cereal, enriched rice and drink vitamin water?

You're not only acting silly, you're acting very Ignorant and making a fool of yourself.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by Kobojunkie: 3:32am On Aug 19, 2009
babapupa:

Do you ask yourself the same question every time you eat enriched cereal, enriched rice and drink vitamin water?

You're not only acting silly, you're acting very Ignorant and making a fool of yourself.

Abeg carry your mouth go disturb someone else!! Roflmao!!!
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by OgidiBoy(m): 3:36am On Aug 19, 2009
This is not a true story, the best bread in the world was Our Ladies Bread.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by Kobojunkie: 3:40am On Aug 19, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Yuck!!! Nothing beats Chocolate/Ice Cream bread ooo!!!
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by C2H5OH(f): 3:41am On Aug 19, 2009
lol this is funny. time well spent.
congrats
Re: Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World by AloyEmeka6: 4:03am On Aug 19, 2009
OgidiBoy:

No, na Ejidike bread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Nigerians Don't Know About Orobo Chicken / How To Make Nigeria Own Meat Pie / Drinking Garri At Nite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.