Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,935 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? (3265 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session / I Saw Nuhu Ribadu In Kigali By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by spora1: 8:49am On Aug 19, 2009
I can't but forsee the future of this new CBN Guv', Mr. Sanusi Lamido. I fear he might end up the Nuhu Ribadu way.

I see in Nigeria a country that does not tolerate openness and fair play, a country where the cabals are ready to deal with you for 'messing' them up.

What do you see? Do you think these rich men will allow this 'boy' to continue to 'ridicule' them?
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by teetalks: 11:41am On Aug 19, 2009
am as afraid as you are,
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 19, 2009
At least he has the backing of this government just like Nuhu did under Obasanjo. Lets wait till post 2011 or 2015
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by mogentle(m): 11:46am On Aug 19, 2009
teetalks:

am as afraid as you are,

So do I.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by milkan05(m): 11:54am On Aug 19, 2009
cool i hope not
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by illusion2: 11:58am On Aug 19, 2009
Nigeria is a country of many illusions  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by nuelmae(m): 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2009
His story will be no different from that of Ribadu.
We will fold our arms and watch as events unfold
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by Nezan(m): 12:17pm On Aug 19, 2009
I cant help but weep for this guy's future cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by muhsin(m): 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2009
May God help him.

But his future na wa o in this country.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by dominictj(m): 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2009
Lets hope he dosen't go the way Nuhu Ribadu did.
I think there's every need to keep on praying for him and his likes, may be God will hear and answer our prayers for the sake of the next generation.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2009
dominic tj:

Lets hope he dosen't go the way Nuhu Ribadu did.
I think there's every need to keep on praying for him and his likes, may be God will hear and answer our prayers for the sake of the next generation.

Sanusi doesnt need your prayers, all he needs is for nigerians to stand up whenever the government disagrees with any of his yet to be proven policies.

And which way did Ribadu go?
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by TawaTemi1(f): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2009
Atleast he will spend his 4 years without fear and no IG will tell him to go for a Course.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by TawaTemi1(f): 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2009
And how I wish Ribadu is still there. He will be so glad to work with Sanusi, atleast by now EFCC's job will be to start running after the debtors and putting them behind bars if they EVER refuse to service their non-performing loans.  The media stations will then feed us on how the fake-billions are running/ hiding under their tables, toilets, beds, etc trying to dodge EFCC.   grin  grin  grin  grin

This Waziri, kinda slow or may compromise, undecided undecided undecided
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2009
Tawa-Temi:

Atleast he will spend his 4 years without fear and no IG will tell him to go for a Course.

Not sure if it was what dominic meant.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by gunpoint(m): 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2009
nuzo:

And which way did Ribadu go?

saw him on his way to oshodi dis morn. . .
tongue
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by MrCrackles(m): 1:53pm On Aug 19, 2009
Sanusi has the full backing of Nigerians i guess. . . He should be fine!
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by blacksta(m): 1:59pm On Aug 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

Sanusi has the full backing of Nigerians i guess. . . He should be fine!

the last one had the backing of many weak Nigerians and look at where he ended . What u need in Nigeria is the backing of powerful Cabals like the Emir of Skokoto and u will do just fine.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by rethink: 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2009
you should not fear what the CABAL would do the only thing is that the people will use the same method and you are seeing now in the MEDIA what they doing.

The media battle is to tell you that they have been victimised because of tribe or religion the elite know they will have supporters.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by rethink: 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2009
@blacksta

The traditional ruler are the biggest retailers of the people across all tribes. The Emir of Sokoto will sell Lamido before you say Jack Robinson and Lamido will be on his way on a modern slave ship.

The battle between the Parasitic Elite and the Simple Elite sometimes has Casualities. Just as when 2 opposing army shoot at each other. The elite must be prepared to die for the Green White Green.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by nethacker(m): 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2009
I dont think he would have assumed that post without equipping himself with the requisite arsenal needed to combat any corrupt and/or incapable idiot in banking no matter how prophylactic the fellow may pose,
I fully support him and i hope this lasts till d end of time.
Corruption:As it was in d beginning,is now and ever shall be,Nigeria without end,Amen  grin
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by babyrl: 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2009
blacksta:

the last one had the backing of many weak Nigerians and look at where he ended . What u need in Nigeria is the backing of powerful Cabals like the Emir of Skokoto and u will do just fine.

I thought Sanusi was a member of the royal family
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by vigasimple(m): 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2009
Please be well informed before you post.

There is no Emir of Sokoto  BUT SULTAN of Sokoto.

Lamido sanusi is the son of the late Emir of Kano. most cities in Northern Nigeria including Ilorin (which geographically is Southern Nigerian) have Emirs except Sokoto (which are Fulani's), kano, kaduna, katsina are all Hausa's, Borno(maidiguri) etc are Kanuri's.

Their commonalities is the islamic religion, even their language is different but Hausa being the dominating tribe has it language as the lingu franca.

We should avoid ingnorance
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2009
Sanusi is the best thing to have happened to this govt. He is bringing live to a passive Yar'adua govt. We only hope he's not meted the Ribadu treatment
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by 9ja4eva: 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2009
Jarus:

Sanusi is the best thing to have happened to this govt. He is bringing live to a passive Yar'adua govt. We only hope he's not meted the Ribadu treatment

God will keep him.He will be save in Jesus Name.I only hope his intentions are real and sincere.If it is, i don't see a problem.

2011 YES WE CAN
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by otukpo(f): 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2009
gunpoint:

saw him on his way to oshodi dis morn. . .
tongue

there cld not have been a better answer.

i like what Sanusi have done, i just hope he doesn't go the way of ribadu.
Ask again which way did ribadu go.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by PROJECT: 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2009
`this is nothing but a northern agenda to rule over the finances like they did before obj came and consolidated the banks and they all lost out,who are the highest beneficiaries of this loans,are they not the dangotes,otedolas and the likes ,men who funnded pdp including the theiving south south governors who all have politacl fathers up north.ok i wish nigeria well,i see selective justice,for the north its payback time,no federal character they are taking over everything.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by mechris: 6:49pm On Aug 19, 2009
The two personalities are not the same so is their circumstances.Lamido is an Emirs son,radical and uncompromising. Ithink he will hold his head high at the end.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by PapaBrowne(m): 6:58pm On Aug 19, 2009
By the time Sanusi is through with his Northern Agenda and all the banks are filled with Hausa/Fulani secondary school graduates in the name of quota system, you will understand then that there is a difference between Sanusi and Ribadu.
While one(Sanusi) is the son of an Emir of Kano, a custodian of the Northern hegemony, the other(Ribadu) is from far away Adamawa state. If you don't understand the implications, then its because you are naturally slow.

My people there is a difference!! Ribadu is totally different from Sanusi.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by SharafG: 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2009
`this is nothing but a northern agenda to rule over the finances like they did before obj came and consolidated the banks and they all lost out,who are the highest beneficiaries of this loans,are they not the dangotes,otedolas and the likes ,men who funnded pdp including the theiving south south governors who all have politacl fathers up north.ok i wish nigeria well,i see selective justice,for the north its payback time,no federal character they are taking over everything.

I dont kno what you mean by Northern agenda in exposing THIEVES! You mean it was a Southern agenda that Soludo covered them up? shocked

You are but one of the ignorant and sentimental beigns who see nothing in fire than smoke! : embarassed

Hav u ever been a victim of a failed bank? lipsrsealed

My own father was once a victim of the defunct National bank and I kno wht it means! sad

Just few BASTARDS proud themselves millionares over our hard-earned thousands. Yet, they remain heroes to feeble-minded people like you!  angry

I'm neither to the North nor South but a detribalised Nigerian who sees issues objectively. Ribadu,Sanusi or whoever champions the course of truth has nothing to fear for they are loved by God and men of reasoning!   kiss

I fear not for Sanusi. I fear for Nigeria. cry
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by openej: 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2009
Let Sanusi be himself and not like Ribadu. I honestly like what Sanusi is currently doing in the banking system but i hope he is not acting the "northern agenda" as published in Vanguard of 23 March 2009.

You may click on the links below to read the Vanguard stories and let us know what you think.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200903230006.html

[url]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/15/unanswered-questions-about-bank-mds’-removal/comment-page-3/[/url]
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 19, 2009
I do not wish Sanusi to be like Ribadu, I just need him to be an effective CBN Governor.

I love Ribadu and have so much respect for him, I do not fault his job at the EFCC at all and do not subscribe to the argument of selectivity.
But I do not think a CBN Governor necessarily need to be strong headed or be like Ribadu, he just has to be effective.
A CBN Governor amongst all things need to be a pragmatist ready to make some compromises where necessary for the sake of stability of the economy, Naira.

Folks just need to grow up and forget symbolisms, there are a whole host of standards to measure the success or otherwise of the CBN Governor as well the wider economy, the number of Bank MDs you fire is surely not one of them.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 20, 2009
That analysis, coming from Vanguard,I'm not surprised. Is that not the newspaper that organizes BANKERS AWARDS to celebrate these banks and bankers? An attempt to save the irredeemably fallen credibility of their awards, if you ask me. Vanguard my foot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting / How Indonesia Overtook Nigeria / Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.