Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. (1107 Views)

Ndigbo, Let Us Talk About Nnamdi Kanu / Adesola Amosun Proposes Plea Bargain / Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by ceaz4r(m): 12:05pm On May 21, 2016
Igbo e kene'm!!

For decades now, we have been striving for self governance. While we work towards achieving this noble goal, let us use what we have to get what we want.
We hold the commerce of this nation and to a lager extent,the economy too. Over 90% of the importation into this country is done by the Igbos. We keep the ports in Lagos functional and busy. We also hold sway in engineering and fabrication.

Let's run a government in a government. We have what it takes.
Hence I suggest the we bring our businesses home. Let's build an economic empire. A formidable nation within a nation; an African China/Russia/USA even as we work towards independence. Since the national government has refused to make our sea ports quite functional compelling us to use Lagos Sea Ports, let's tell them we are smart too. Let ALL our containers landing in Lagos port be hauled down South East-South south intact whatever goods there may be! Berges are known to be able to run on shallow waters. I believe they can come right up to Onitcha port. If they can't, then we haul them on road. Dangote has his trailers that haul his cements. We can also have our own Eastern Haulage Coy. hauling our container goods. Let those regions who feel we are suffocating them with our presence and Businesses now come down east to buy the goods.
WHAT WE STAND TO BENEFIT
This will cause a rapid transformation in the Eastern region. Several new businesses will spring up. Several billions will be generated daily. Revenues from shop rents, business taxes, will be used in the eastern region to further develop her. Nobody will burn our shops at midnight or demolish our markets again, cos the shops and markets will be built by our people nd used buy our people. There will be influx of business. New cities will emerge. Factories and processing plants will be built. What to process? There are several hectares of cashew trees wasting whose fruits can be processed into juice, jam etc. Same for Pineapples. Our land is fertile Rubber, Oil Palm trees, Plantain/Banana etc. Several jobs will created. This will cause so much money to be circulating in the East. (Note that by Eastern Nigeria, I mean the present day South East & South South.)
Good news is we don't need our figure head Governors, Senators & political leaders to achieve this feat. All we need is a conscience reawakening. A huge sensitisation the like we got from Nnamdi Kanu. All we need to do is to bring our major businesses home and leave the branches or skeletal services outside our region. Again, this way, no one will threaten us with 'abandoned property' thing again.

10 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by EasternActivist: 12:23pm On May 21, 2016
Seconded....

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by rhymaster: 12:42pm On May 21, 2016
This is a good idea for the ibos, hope they can cooperate and make it happen like today! Not only should you take the goods but also the ibos should follow their containers to Iboland.

However, I am certain that the SW and other parts of Nigeria will gladly start their own manufacturing outlets and factories in the spaces vacated by ibos and import the balance of what is required into Lagos, Ogun, Ondo and sell there to other parts of Nigeria and West African countries. I am sure the majority of Nigerians would rather do business in the SW where they can relax before going back to their states peacefully rather than being duped, attached, swindled or buying a fake only to realize it on reaching back home.

9 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by Silentmind(m): 12:58pm On May 21, 2016
Please if you are ready to achieve this feat.

I want you to contact via mail. I want us to make things happen.

I promise I am going to put all my energy to get this done.

I have done numerous research and possible ways of making this come to reality.

We need to come together and make it happen.

Please, let's discuss via mail.

Anyone who has the same drive should try and contact me or possibly drop your mail and number, I will contact you.

We can create what we want. Let's work together.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by StunningCEO: 1:32pm On May 21, 2016
I pray the ibos do everything to return to their homelands....the SW is just too congested with these people and the resentment is growing... angry
Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 21, 2016
Every igbo man want a better tomorrow for igbo land but can you achieve it under Nigeria ? No
The easiest way to start is to build a cargo rail line connecting five eastern state plus ph, delta .making transportation of goods and services much easier, second building , dredging of river niger, expansion of major high ways in the east, third building of new international airport and cargo, onitsha inland port , fourth revenue generation -coal mining, building of coal plants for energy distribution etc.

That is why you need biafra , we are caged and cannot achieve anything under Nigeria, Nigeria is full of hatred, tribalism . We are not one period

Am in interested in any goodies about igbo land but this need money

6 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by sammyj: 2:15pm On May 21, 2016
With what if I may ask? grin
Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 21, 2016
That's your opinion, not bad any way but trying to bolt out our Governors and the Legislatures on the plan is another invitation of unrealistic goals.
My opinion though.
Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 21, 2016
muskeeto, I see you viewing this thread. Where have you been?
old nairalander
Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 21, 2016
old nairalander
Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 21, 2016
rhymaster:
This is a good idea for the ibos, hope they can cooperate and make it happen like today! Not only should you take the goods but also the ibos should follow their containers to Iboland.

However, I am certain that the SW and other parts of Nigeria will gladly start their own manufacturing outlets and factories in the spaces vacated by ibos and import the balance of what is required into Lagos, Ogun, Ondo and sell there to other parts of Nigeria and West African countries. I am sure the majority of Nigerians would rather do business in the SW where they can relax before going back to their states peacefully rather than being duped, attached, swindled or buying a fake only to realize it on reaching back home.
Going by your views, I think another measure to counter it would be for them to sight a similar facility in the SE while operating the one the west with low key function while the one in the SE or SS will be given adequate attention, that way the dependent consumers or beneficiaries will have need to down to SE or SS to meet their required quantity or even quality.
Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 21, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

old nairalander
I'm good. Roaming to and fro.
Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 21, 2016
musKeeto:
...loojing for blood to suck?
I remember in 2013 when you were asked if you went to church on a Sunday.
you were like "I went to church...was dropping off a friend"
my response was "muskeetos don't go to church unless it's night vigil".
the religion section was fun then, unlike now that it has become boring.
Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 21, 2016
musKeeto:
Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 21, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

lol... grin grin
Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by ihitenansa: 7:58pm On May 21, 2016
Good one! Easterners. Shd think home,..

Aku ruo ulo,...

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by bishopkay: 9:28pm On May 21, 2016
It's a nice idea instead of building another man's land and coining it a "No Man's Land " Then receiving barrages of insults.

In a country like Nigeria, investing at home is the wisest thing to do due to the deeply entrenched hatred and suspicion towards other tribes. Keep skeletal services running there and put the major investments home!

I remember a family friend that lost everything in the north due to their frequent religious crisis...even lost his trailers (bigger than Dangote's own) about 2 or 3. His saving grace was the house he built back home.
Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by Yorubasgreat(f): 10:12pm On May 21, 2016
ceaz4r:
Igbo e kene'm!!

For decades now, we have been striving for self governance. While we work towards achieving this noble goal, let us use what we have to get what we want.
We hold the commerce of this nation and to a lager extent,the economy too. Over 90% of the importation into this country is done by the Igbos. We keep the ports in Lagos functional and busy. We also hold sway in engineering and fabrication.

Let's run a government in a government. We have what it takes.
Hence I suggest the we bring our businesses home. Let's build an economic empire. A formidable nation within a nation; an African China/Russia/USA even as we work towards independence. Since the national government has refused to make our sea ports quite functional compelling us to use Lagos Sea Ports, let's tell them we are smart too. Let ALL our containers landing in Lagos port be hauled down South East-South south intact whatever goods there may be! Berges are known to be able to run on shallow waters. I believe they can come right up to Onitcha port. If they can't, then we haul them on road. Dangote has his trailers that haul his cements. We can also have our own Eastern Haulage Coy. hauling our container goods. Let those regions who feel we are suffocating them with our presence and Businesses now come down east to buy the goods.
WHAT WE STAND TO BENEFIT
This will cause a rapid transformation in the Eastern region. Several new businesses will spring up. Several billions will be generated daily. Revenues from shop rents, business taxes, will be used in the eastern region to further develop her. Nobody will burn our shops at midnight or demolish our markets again, cos the shops and markets will be built by our people nd used buy our people. There will be influx of business. New cities will emerge. Factories and processing plants will be built. What to process? There are several hectares of cashew trees wasting whose fruits can be processed into juice, jam etc. Same for Pineapples. Our land is fertile Rubber, Oil Palm trees, Plantain/Banana etc. Several jobs will created. This will cause so much money to be circulating in the East. (Note that by Eastern Nigeria, I mean the present day South East & South South.)
Good news is we don't need our figure head Governors, Senators & political leaders to achieve this feat. All we need is a conscience reawakening. A huge sensitisation the like we got from Nnamdi Kanu. All we need to do is to bring our major businesses home and leave the branches or skeletal services outside our region. Again, this way, no one will threaten us with 'abandoned property' thing again.

Journalist: what are your plans for Inclusive development of Niger Delta?

GMB: if you look at election results. Some voted 5% (ND Avengers)
Re: Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. by Krucifax(m): 11:15pm On May 21, 2016
I too have pondered this matter.Whilst I know we are not ready for Biafra (despite what some of the brethren think) I'm more interested in economic empowement. I think one of several ways to achieve this economic empowerment goal is the following :

1: Creation of a Private Sector Led South East Development Commission.
It will be funded by South Easterners both at home and in diaspora, well wishers and foreign investors. We are collectively worth many billions of dollars.

2: Funds will come from selling special bonds and investment opportunities to interested parties.

3: Said funds will then be funnelled into infrastructure projects across the whole of the South East. Rail lines connecting the region. More schools. More hospitals. More airports. And very importantly a SEA PORT.

4. Private Sector Loans Banks will be created to fund entrepreneurs.

5. Working with local government to create incentives for foreign companies to invest. If they form partnerships with south eastern businesses they will get tax breaks and other benefits.

6. Creation of "COOPERATIVES" for everything from mass home building, to large scale agricultural farms where the majority owners and share holders are the local communities. Without waiting for federal government handout.

7. Create "sweeteners" for any body that wants to relocate their business back to the south east. Like fee and tax waivers, rent free or discount rent for commercial spaces for a period, free business advice,or free accountancy services or even small loans.

8. Start international road shows: There are many diaspora south easterns and their descendants that want to reconnect but don't know how. They want to invest but don't know how. The road shows can demonstrate how their money whilst developing the region will also be an actual investment that yields tangible dividend.

9. The knock on effect of all the above will be economic stimulation. The infrastructure projects will create paid jobs. The new workers will spend money. Their spending money will create new jobs for the providers of good and services. The money floating around will go into the banks. The banks will give loans to businesses that will reinvest so the money creation cycle continues and the wealth in the South East will increase

10. Include new educational curriculum from primary school onwards that teaches the importance of self determination and Igbo history and more importantly how we have been treated by others.

The list of things we can do is endless. And the best part is that the tools are already on ground. Whilst I'm all for one Nigeria im also a avid believer of self determination and the creation of a great South East.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

South East - No Water To Drink! / (good News) The Man That Will Lead Us To Our Promise Land Is...... / Ijaw Militants Causing Tension In Ikorodu With Robbery And Kidnapping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.