Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Finally Landed The Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Finally Landed The Job (18970 Views)

I Finally Landed On That Great Job / Finally Landed A Job!!! / Finally Landed A Very Good Job Even In This Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Landed The Job by gotousa2013: 10:47pm On May 22, 2016
iswallker:
congrats to you....but for goodness sake youths should stop looking for jobs...develop the entrepreneurship spirit and be your own CEO... sad

the first image shows the traditional business model where you get employed in a company and get paid for your time...you actually rent your time and skill to a CEO so that he can do other things...you have zero stake in the company...you can never be rich...and you never have time to spend with your family....

the second image shows a network marketing model where you are your own CEO...you have a stake in the company, you work with your down lines to ensure continuous growth for the company. this is a lifetime investment..you will never retire...but you do less work with time...you are healthy, you have the resources to achieve the things you want in life and you also have the time to spend with your family...

which model would you rather prefer..

i can help you achieve your goals in life...contact me....

Second slave trade in the making. Guys this model is pure lies
Re: Finally Landed The Job by ExLaidback: 11:22pm On May 22, 2016
Personally, I don't find posts like this very useful. You should give us some background. What do you do? Why did you leave? What did you engage in between jobs? What did you learn through the experience? etc Add value to people's life jare. Even in church if you are giving testimony you're allowed to give some detail for proper context talk less of an educative/informative online forum.

$$$

2 Likes

Re: Finally Landed The Job by kenoz(m): 11:42pm On May 22, 2016
Congrats
Re: Finally Landed The Job by magabounce(m): 12:09am On May 23, 2016
abumeinben:

Congrats bruh!

But you wanna share with us why you resigned? What gave you the courage? I'm sure others wanna know too .
I worked in a Hotel, as a guest relations officer, I was in charge of SMM for the hotel, I was also the I.T guy, and I handled the business centre as well. I worked Mondays to Saturdays and sometimes Sundays.
The pay was absolutely rubbish. Plus it started affecting my health. The Hotel is somewhere @ Gimbiya in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Finally Landed The Job by magabounce(m): 12:12am On May 23, 2016
Bollinger:

Obvious to whom? Let me guess, you were fired because of english.
Lol. No I wasn't I resigned.
They are jobs u'd rather stay idle than do.
Re: Finally Landed The Job by magabounce(m): 12:16am On May 23, 2016
ehemwhy:
I actually in the same situation ,only that I was sacked from mine last October under the guise of falling oil prices , it was hell , I eventually got a better offer last month, before the end of that same month I received yet another offer with a slightly better salary and extremely favourable welfare system , work is 8-4,staff bus ,an other perks . I even have time to delve into other ventures .
Wow!!! Congrtaz man!
Re: Finally Landed The Job by magabounce(m): 12:26am On May 23, 2016
ExLaidback:
Personally, I don't find posts like this very useful. You should give us some background. What do you do? Why did you leave? What did you engage in between jobs? What did you learn through the experience? etc Add value to people's life jare. Even in church if you are giving testimony you're allowed to give some detail for proper context talk less of an educative/informative online forum.

$$$
True that!
I was a guest relations officer, plus I handled SMM for the Hotel, itz somewhere around Gimbiya in Abuja.
I left because I couldn't stomach the pressure anymore. I gave the job my all believe me, and I learnt a whole lot in return. The pay wasn't commiserate with the job, and I started having health issues. If you Abuja well, I stay @ new karu, and work @ area 11. I wake @ 4am and I leave the office @ least 8pm daily.
So I had to make the tough choice, work and die or resign and live. It was tough but I had to do it, even though there wasn't any backup.
I had to endure the horrible 6 months, disturbing uncle's and friends about possible openings, untill finally, a new job came through, somewhere around jabi. I wrote the exams, went for the oral interview and eventually, I was called to resume. I am barely 2 weeks old on the new job

3 Likes

Re: Finally Landed The Job by abumeinben(m): 7:49am On May 23, 2016
magabounce:

I worked in a Hotel, as a guest relations officer, I was in charge of SMM for the hotel, I was also the I.T guy, and I handled the business centre as well. I worked Mondays to Saturdays and sometimes Sundays.
The pay was absolutely rubbish. Plus it started affecting my health. The Hotel is somewhere @ Gimbiya in Abuja

Hotels....I get you perfectly.
Re: Finally Landed The Job by adeolu45: 8:10am On May 23, 2016
congrats. you remind me of my situation in 2013 and my formal boss taught I will come back begging, but my God did it. I stayed home for 6 months from Dec. 2013 to June 2014. Got a job twice my previous pay with other benefits. Just have faith in Him and believe He alone can do it.

1 Like

Re: Finally Landed The Job by dljbd1(m): 9:19am On May 23, 2016
adeolu45:
congrats. you remind me of my situation in 2013 and my formal boss taught I will come back begging, but my God did it. I stayed home for 6 months from Dec. 2013 to June 2014. Got a job twice my previous pay with other benefits. Just have faith in Him and believe He alone can do it.
I had similar experience too but in 2014. Funny enough we bare the same name. cheesy grin
Sincerely God has just been awesome. I'm always grateful
Re: Finally Landed The Job by dljbd1(m): 9:22am On May 23, 2016
magabounce:

True that!
I was a guest relations officer, plus I handled SMM for the Hotel, itz somewhere around Gimbiya in Abuja.
I left because I couldn't stomach the pressure anymore. I gave the job my all believe me, and I learnt a whole lot in return. The pay wasn't commiserate with the job, and I started having health issues. If you Abuja well, I stay @ new karu, and work @ area 11. I wake @ 4am and I leave the office @ least 8pm daily.
So I had to make the tough choice, work and die or resign and live. It was tough but I had to do it, even though there wasn't any backup.
I had to endure the horrible 6 months, disturbing uncle's and friends about possible openings, untill finally, a new job came through, somewhere around jabi. I wrote the exams, went for the oral interview and eventually, I was called to resume. I am barely 2 weeks old on the new job
Thanks for share. I think you shld modify your first post cos of some people who might not be patient enough to go all through the pages to see this.
Thanks anyways. cool
Re: Finally Landed The Job by ExLaidback: 8:10pm On May 23, 2016
magabounce:

True that!

Wow congrats man.

You see now, your story is quite inspiring. I know Abuja quite well and the stress involved in that commute. I'm also seriously considering leaving my place so you can imagine my interest in your story. Congrats and best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Finally Landed The Job by Tunababa8v(m): 3:46pm On May 24, 2016
Please nairalander help a fellow nigerian.. I finished from school since 2012 and am yet to get a job.. Please help me oo.. I studied pure and applied Chemistry.. My email is oluwatimehinakintunde@gmail.com..
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N-Power: Camp For Tech Software Opens On Monday / Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.