Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. (52747 Views)

4 Serious Businesses You Can Do As A Corp Member / 3 Corpers In Benue Found Missing Money & Returned It,NYSC DG Did This 4 Them / My Near Death Experience As A Prospective Stream II Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 1:11am On May 23, 2016
MY LAST EXPERIENCE (forever I hope)

My friend and I woke up pretty early and left the house. She was leaving for Benin while I was leaving for Enugu because I had a flight to catch by 12:15pm. I told the bike man to take me to any park I can get Enugu bus and he took me to one miserable Nyannyan park. I was the first to get a ticket for the first bus to Enugu. I kept waiting for more passengers because we were just three. I spoke to the guy loading the bus and explained to him that time wasn't on my side so he had to push me to port Harcourt bus.When the bus started moving, that was when the driver remembered he had to fill his tank. We stayed on a short queue , but it was still enough to eat into someone's time. By the time the bus started moving it was past 8. To cut the long story short I got to Enugu by 12, I rushed to where I could get a cab. And for the cab guy to take me to the airport he said 4k,I didn't even have the time to waste so I entered. The driver was on his highest speed, but still we couldn't make it. We got to the airport and I rushed down to Arik stand, only for me to be told I had missed my flight. There was no other flight for lag until Sunday by 12",and I had to add extra money which was a tad bit too much. I left the airport, paid a cab man to take me to town to any affordable hotel. I hate sleeping alone so I was scared all through d night, I had to call a friend who tried keeping me at ease. It worked and I slept off. I woke pretty early Sunday morning,dressed and called the cab guy only for his line to be switched off. I had to drag my box down the road and waited until I saw a Keke. I jumped into it. He took me to peace mass park where I got a lag bus, and now I am home smiley

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 1:13am On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

My friend and I woke up pretty early and left the house. She was leaving for Benin while I was leaving for Enugu because I had a flight to catch by 12:15pm. I told the bike man to take me to any park I can get Enugu bus and he took me to one miserable Nyannyan park. I was the first to get a ticket for the first bus to Enugu. I kept waiting for more passengers because we were just three. I spoke to the guy loading the husband explained to him that time wasn't on my side so he had to push me to port Harcourt bus.When the bus started moving, that was when the driver remembered he had to fill his tank. We stayed on a short queue , but it was still enough to eat into someone's time. By the time the bus started moving it was past 8. To cut the long story short I got to Enugu by 12, I rushed to where I could get a cab. And for the cab guy to take me to the airport he said 4k,I didn't even have the time to waste so I entered. The driver was on his highest speed, but still we couldn't make it. We got to the airport and I rushed down to Arik stand, only for me to be told I had missed my flight. There was no other flight for lag until Sunday by 12",and I had to add extra money which was a tad bit too much. I left the airport, paid a cab man to take me to town to any affordable hotel. I hate sleeping alone so I was scared all through d night, I had to call a friend who tried keeping me at ease. It worked and I slept off. I woke pretty early Sunday morning,dressed and called the cab guy only for his line to be switched off. I had to drag my bus down the road and waited until I saw a Keke. I jumped into it. He took me to peace mass park where I got a lag bus, and now I am home smiley
i want to read but try to summarize the story. Happy that you are home.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 1:18am On May 23, 2016
Lovechyld101:
Leriebloom nice one wanunne was quite an experience also served in benue was Djay Obs but was posted to otupko don't kno why all the cute gurls get posted to markudi
Aww. That's cool. Had a Frnd in Obs too. Jennifer. Anyways how is otupko like?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 1:20am On May 23, 2016
kamel4real2015:
i want to read but try to summarize the story.
It was a long experience,I didn't just know how to summarize it.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 1:23am On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

Feeling better after dropping off this load of weary experience? cheesy
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 1:24am On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

maybe I use help in doing your summary lol,is a nice story worth reading but thought you should be sleeping by now.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 1:52am On May 23, 2016
luvola:
Free this babe
ts beta as cue cuz d Q s silent n useles..
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by ClintonDal(m): 2:15am On May 23, 2016
Lol, too bad you had to experience all these. I also served in Benue. Camping in Wannune was fun, but much later on. Got posted to Ado LGA, that place is officially a dead zone. Only one bank in a full LGA (UBA), luckily for me my redeployment worked out after 2 months, this was in 2014 tho. Makurdi is extremely hot.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by saxwizard(m): 8:44am On May 23, 2016
u are serving your country do with all cheers .....ur own is stil better....I searched for ppa for good 2 month
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Lovechyld101(m): 10:05am On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

Aww. That's cool. Had a Frnd in Obs too. Jennifer. Anyways how is otupko like?
Otupko be treating me fine it like d less expensive version of markudi its synonymous to ikeja and Island although I live in d GRA here too the drawback is all d pretty gurls were posted to tiv land. Wonder when u will pay me a Visit here.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by NomzyJust(m): 10:15am On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

My friend and I woke up pretty early and left the house. She was leaving for Benin while I was leaving for Enugu because I had a flight to catch by 12:15pm. I told the bike man to take me to any park I can get Enugu bus and he took me to one miserable Nyannyan park. I was the first to get a ticket for the first bus to Enugu. I kept waiting for more passengers because we were just three. I spoke to the guy loading the bus and explained to him that time wasn't on my side so he had to push me to port Harcourt bus.When the bus started moving, that was when the driver remembered he had to fill his tank. We stayed on a short queue , but it was still enough to eat into someone's time. By the time the bus started moving it was past 8. To cut the long story short I got to Enugu by 12, I rushed to where I could get a cab. And for the cab guy to take me to the airport he said 4k,I didn't even have the time to waste so I entered. The driver was on his highest speed, but still we couldn't make it. We got to the airport and I rushed down to Arik stand, only for me to be told I had missed my flight. There was no other flight for lag until Sunday by 12",and I had to add extra money which was a tad bit too much. I left the airport, paid a cab man to take me to town to any affordable hotel. I hate sleeping alone so I was scared all through d night, I had to call a friend who tried keeping me at ease. It worked and I slept off. I woke pretty early Sunday morning,dressed and called the cab guy only for his line to be switched off. I had to drag my box down the road and waited until I saw a Keke. I jumped into it. He took me to peace mass park where I got a lag bus, and now I am home smiley

Sometimes the best thing to do is to just breathe. It eventually gets better. Welcome Home!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Emodeee: 11:04am On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

you and flight dis, flight that, cab this, cab datcheesy. Entering bike and keke napep seems awkward to you. You are feeling fly. "how can a pretty, glamorous lady like me be entering bike and keke napep"cheesy. You nvr chichumtin.

E be like say you get plenty money. How e go be na? I go like make you be my girlfriendcheesy.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 11:32am On May 23, 2016
ClintonDal:
Lol, too bad you had to experience all these. I also served in Benue. Camping in Wannune was fun, but much later on. Got posted to Ado LGA, that place is officially a dead zone. Only one bank in a full LGA (UBA), luckily for me my redeployment worked out after 2 months, this was in 2014 tho. Makurdi is extremely hot.

Yes, I forgot to add the fact that makurdi is unnecessarily hot.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 11:34am On May 23, 2016
NomzyJust:

Sometimes the best thing to do is to just breathe. It eventually gets better. Welcome Home!
I am rly happy to be back home even if its for a week and some days.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 11:37am On May 23, 2016
Emodeee:

you and flight dis, flight that, cab this, cab datcheesy. Entering bike and keke napep seems awkward to you. You are feeling fly. "how can a pretty, glamorous lady like me be entering bike and keke napep"cheesy. You nvr chichumtin.

E be like say you get plenty money. How e go be na? I go like make you be my girlfriendcheesy.

Bike was my means of transportation in makurdi so it doesn't seem awkward one bit.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by nonstan(m): 12:56pm On May 23, 2016
Chai! U lodged in my own Enugu...u wud hv called me to come pick u..no wahala sha
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by izzou(m): 1:01pm On May 23, 2016
You served in benue and its exhaustin?
I served in kebbi
In my ppa,no toilet or bathroom
Na inside bush i shit for a full year
No chics,only hausa covering girls full everywhere
Better love benue oh
Some of your mates are in pain now

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by mandax: 1:03pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
I remember the first time I saw my call up letter,I felt like the whole world had trembled on my feet. I felt sad and angry, ready to pour out my anger on anybody who came my way.
I remember not being serious about the whole camp thing anymore. I remember buying all my things a day before leaving.
At first,I was a bit confused on how I was going to get to the camp in Benue state. I remember going to the NYSC section on NL searching for corp members who were posted to the same state. Luckily for me, I found a bunch of then and I was added to a whatsapp group which was created by one of the monikers.
I remember silently following the group up,hardly ever dropping comments. I found out they were going to be leaving on the 25th of April which was on a Monday, and as at Monday, I had not bought a thing, so I crossed traveling with them out of the plan..
My brother booked a flight for me to Enugu even if I kept telling him that Abuja was faster but he said no,that Enugu was closer. So he finally booked the flight on a Tuesday by 8am. I received a call from my uncle who works with the air force that there was an air force flight leaving for makurdi that Wednesday so I grabbed the opportunity.
I left for Benue the next day and I arrived in Makurdi less than an hour.

FIRST EXPERIENCE IN BENUE
When we landed in the air force base, I came down looking confused trying to call my uncle. And at that moment I heard a masculine voice.
"You, come here" I turned around to look at who was talking.
"Yea, are you not Valerie, D****a's niece?" he asked and I answered immediately,
"Yes I am" and that was when I got a text from my uncle telling me that his friend would help me down to Wannune.
My uncle's friend helped me with my extremely big box which I later started regretting I carried. While driving me down to wannune, his friend asked where I would be crashing that night, I told him that I would be sleeping in camp. He started asking questions like would they attend to me, telling me I could sleep in his place. I told him that they should attend to me. This was when the story changed. He told me my uncle didn't need to know and I just knew that something was up with this man. He started asking questions like why I was acting so uptight, asking if I had a boyfriend. I stared at him straight up and told him "i am not in a relationship and I would be okay when I get to camp", he dropped me without any further comments.

Well done.

Some nasty girls could have hopped on the bed with that man.
Such nasty girls feel: after all, the V..doesn't have meter to count how many men that passed through it before they get to their future husband.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Youngetskilz23(m): 1:03pm On May 23, 2016
OP did i hear you say peace mass?? haa.. be carefull. those people kill like mad.. stick to ABC tongue. nice write up tho. .grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Dahkogrin007(m): 1:09pm On May 23, 2016
For ur story to be on the front page are u related to any of the mod cuz I dnt see big deal in ur experience dat most ov us avnt gone through..... U av not even started work at ur PPA or attend those weekly cds dat is nothing but waste ov tym or gone to market wia dey will hike price for u simply bcuz dey knw u r a corper and dey bliv u earn free #19800 monthly and dey must av thr share........ My sister u av seen nothing yet

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by clans(f): 1:10pm On May 23, 2016
O
CaptainEColeJnr:
its Queue not Cue
Bless you
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by tellwisdom: 1:13pm On May 23, 2016
You didn't include where u yanshed sad

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 23, 2016
Youngetskilz23:
OP did i hear you say peace mass?? haa.. be carefull. those people kill like mad.. stick to ABC tongue. nice write up tho. .grin
hmm, that wasn't fair ni. Accident can happen to any transport company. it is just unfortunate, not synonymous to any transport company .
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Youngetskilz23(m): 1:20pm On May 23, 2016
preciusly:

hmm, that wasn't fair ni. Accident can happen to any transport company. it is just unfortunate, not synonymous to any transport company .
alright.. hv a nice day
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Tejuboy(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2016
served in gboko mkovur,,,Benue was fun... missed my pals..
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by rawtouch: 1:21pm On May 23, 2016
reads like Lamentations to me, so in the whole benue state u nor catch fun u nor drink beer in mrbiggs, Libyan herdsmen nor pursue u, pounded yam and egusi u nor eat.... smh

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by bid4rich(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2016
So, what is it that you pass through that is so special, Do yo know how other corper like you are faring especially those that were posted to Logo and Adikpo. What if you are posted to Agatu, what would you have said? I beg enjoy your stay.....
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 23, 2016
Op, don't tell me that what you have written is all to the experience you intend sharing ooo, because I am yet to see what is so special about it that you should open a thread for it. And the fact that it even made front page is suspicious in the side of the moderators.....Hmmmm, I hope it is not what I am thinking. well, let me wait patiently and see maybe you just gave us the intro while the moderator who pushed this to front page has the main experience and will upload it soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Tobium1(m): 1:23pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY FOURTH EXPERIENCE IN BENUE STATE

I thought that the stress was going to end in camp but I couldn't be more wrong. My real stress started when I was out of camp. I learnt two things, you might be posted to a good place but that doesn't mean you would end up serving there. The second thing I learnt was that Makurdi was dead hot. So we left camp on a Friday, we had to wait until Monday to report to our various ppa. Meanwhile the lady who had been working on my redeployment ish* kept calling to tell me it wasn't possible that I wasn't redeployed and that she was going to push further until I was redeployed. The real truth was that I had lost hope already.
Well back to the ppa stuff. I woke up early on Monday morning and went down to JED PLC where I was posted. I was told to wait for the other corpers to arrive. I waited until a male corper came to join in the waiting. After waiting for long,we concluded that it was just the both of us. We went to meet the secretary and she led us to her boss's office. He took our posting letter and then asked us to come back by 1pm. We left. I went home and was back by 1pm ,same with the other guy. So we went to the office and we were giving the acceptance letter, I was to work as their PRO,and was goin to be paid 10k without accommodation which I was okay with. I had already gone to the local govt. about to start my documentation when I saw a staff from JED who came to inform myself and the other guy that they just got a directive from their head office that they shouldn't accept any corper and that was it. My haunting for a new ppa began.

It's "HUNTING" biko!

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 23, 2016
Youngetskilz23:
alright.. hv a nice day
And you too bro, a fruitful week for you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Gosj01(m): 1:30pm On May 23, 2016
Still searching for the interesting part of the story...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja Female Corper Shot Dead By Armed Robbers (Photos) / Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper / NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.