Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. (52749 Views)

4 Serious Businesses You Can Do As A Corp Member / 3 Corpers In Benue Found Missing Money & Returned It,NYSC DG Did This 4 Them / My Near Death Experience As A Prospective Stream II Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by zubinike(m): 11:05pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY FOURTH EXPERIENCE IN BENUE STATE

I thought that the stress was going to end in camp but I couldn't be more wrong. My real stress started when I was out of camp. I learnt two things, you might be posted to a good place but that doesn't mean you would end up serving there. The second thing I learnt was that Makurdi was dead hot. So we left camp on a Friday, we had to wait until Monday to report to our various ppa. Meanwhile the lady who had been working on my redeployment ish* kept calling to tell me it wasn't possible that I wasn't redeployed and that she was going to push further until I was redeployed. The real truth was that I had lost hope already.
Well back to the ppa stuff. I woke up early on Monday morning and went down to JED PLC where I was posted. I was told to wait for the other corpers to arrive. I waited until a male corper came to join in the waiting. After waiting for long,we concluded that it was just the both of us. We went to meet the secretary and she led us to her boss's office. He took our posting letter and then asked us to come back by 1pm. We left. I went home and was back by 1pm ,same with the other guy. So we went to the office and we were giving the acceptance letter, I was to work as their PRO,and was goin to be paid 10k without accommodation which I was okay with. I had already gone to the local govt. about to start my documentation when I saw a staff from JED who came to inform myself and the other guy that they just got a directive from their head office that they shouldn't accept any corper and that was it. My haunting for a new ppa began.

Wannune Tarka gboko...the home for great Corp members, kilometer what again?....u sure will enjoy every experience from fish world and other nice places around... How do we see for a date
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by orlabass(m): 11:10pm On May 23, 2016
thanks God u posted to makurdi not logo wey you go cross river, I served in benue logo lga.... it was fun, there gals are cheerful
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 11:15pm On May 23, 2016
orlabass:
thanks God u posted to makurdi not logo wey you go cross river, I served in benue logo lga.... it was fun, there gals are cheerful

Thank God for DAT because I hate the idea of crossing river.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by pillarmaria(m): 11:15pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY LAST EXPERIENCE (forever I hope)

My friend and I woke up pretty early and left the house. She was leaving for Benin while I was leaving for Enugu because I had a flight to catch by 12:15pm. I told the bike man to take me to any park I can get Enugu bus and he took me to one miserable Nyannyan park. I was the first to get a ticket for the first bus to Enugu. I kept waiting for more passengers because we were just three. I spoke to the guy loading the bus and explained to him that time wasn't on my side so he had to push me to port Harcourt bus.When the bus started moving, that was when the driver remembered he had to fill his tank. We stayed on a short queue , but it was still enough to eat into someone's time. By the time the bus started moving it was past 8. To cut the long story short I got to Enugu by 12, I rushed to where I could get a cab. And for the cab guy to take me to the airport he said 4k,I didn't even have the time to waste so I entered. The driver was on his highest speed, but still we couldn't make it. We got to the airport and I rushed down to Arik stand, only for me to be told I had missed my flight. There was no other flight for lag until Sunday by 12",and I had to add extra money which was a tad bit too much. I left the airport, paid a cab man to take me to town to any affordable hotel. I hate sleeping alone so I was scared all through d night, I had to call a friend who tried keeping me at ease. It worked and I slept off. I woke pretty early Sunday morning,dressed and called the cab guy only for his line to be switched off. I had to drag my box down the road and waited until I saw a Keke. I jumped into it. He took me to peace mass park where I got a lag bus, and now I am home smiley
eyia, sorry about the stress, I was posted to Ushongo LGA and I had no stress. For the drills, you should have joined us 'the special Red crossers'
Stand Well!! Follow who Know road!! *winks*
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 11:18pm On May 23, 2016
pillarmaria:

eyia, sorry about the stress, I was posted to Ushongo LGA and I had no stress. For the drills, you should have joined us 'the special Red crossers'

Where u in platoon 3?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by CallMeOO7(m): 11:51pm On May 23, 2016
Benue camp was fun, I Machoed for platoon 9 2013A stream ll but I redeployed to Ibadan where I became the CDS coordinator. Ibadan, Oyo town to be precise was fun, I had a fun filled and fulfilled service year. Missed my Gees
20 children can't play together for 20years. Life sha sad
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by ever811(m): 11:55pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY LAST EXPERIENCE (forever I hope)

My friend and I woke up pretty early and left the house. She was leaving for Benin while I was leaving for Enugu because I had a flight to catch by 12:15pm. I told the bike man to take me to any park I can get Enugu bus and he took me to one miserable Nyannyan park. I was the first to get a ticket for the first bus to Enugu. I kept waiting for more passengers because we were just three. I spoke to the guy loading the bus and explained to him that time wasn't on my side so he had to push me to port Harcourt bus.When the bus started moving, that was when the driver remembered he had to fill his tank. We stayed on a short queue , but it was still enough to eat into someone's time. By the time the bus started moving it was past 8. To cut the long story short I got to Enugu by 12, I rushed to where I could get a cab. And for the cab guy to take me to the airport he said 4k,I didn't even have the time to waste so I entered. The driver was on his highest speed, but still we couldn't make it. We got to the airport and I rushed down to Arik stand, only for me to be told I had missed my flight. There was no other flight for lag until Sunday by 12",and I had to add extra money which was a tad bit too much. I left the airport, paid a cab man to take me to town to any affordable hotel. I hate sleeping alone so I was scared all through d night, I had to call a friend who tried keeping me at ease. It worked and I slept off. I woke pretty early Sunday morning,dressed and called the cab guy only for his line to be switched off. I had to drag my box down the road and waited until I saw a Keke. I jumped into it. He took me to peace mass park where I got a lag bus, and now I am home smiley
u see ur life? u did,t tell us what happend between u nd the male copper u meet at a place where both of u were rejected nd were together for one whole week searching for another place..I was expecting to see some pics of how u guys enjoy the night together..only to waste my mb reading about ur airoooplane story,babe u no try atallllll
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by SycophanticGoat: 5:34am On May 24, 2016
Leriebloom:

So Gboko isn't as hot as makurdi?

Gboko, especially Mkar, is not as hot as MKD. Reason is, Gboko isn't over populated like MKD and the number of houses there is also less than that of MKD.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by dubylhover(m): 11:51am On May 24, 2016
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Magicdon(m): 12:22pm On May 24, 2016
rawtouch:
reads like Lamentations to me, so in the whole benue state u nor catch fun u nor drink beer in mrbiggs, Libyan herdsmen nor pursue u, pounded yam and egusi u nor eat.... smh

Libyan hersdmen no pursue u?
Dint get dat, u mean pursue her to catch her for an offense, or chase her as in toasting? Pls do explain
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Magicdon(m): 12:36pm On May 24, 2016
obibob2020:
I was posted to Benue State as well, far back 2014. Searching for PPA was actually a serious issue. But i later enjoy the state sha. Base on the Delta guy wey i be,, beta beta tins been dey cum like rain. I miss Gboko! I miss Benue State.

guy me na original warri, essi lay out boy. Give us gist about chicks u conquer for Gboko make e for no loss.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by coolsamie0(m): 12:40pm On May 24, 2016
Leriebloom:

I would when going back, but the problem here is that I hate sitting in a bus for too long. Heard lag to Benue is about 11hrs.
More than 11 hours actually... I served in Benue few years back, I only enjoyed my moments with NCCF, Benue is boring for me. Meanwhile, enjoy the Benue adventure... smiley smiley smiley
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 24, 2016
Next time, you stanwell and follow who know road. grin
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by DTOBS(m): 4:35pm On May 24, 2016
Leriebloom:

Aww. That's cool. Had a Frnd in Obs too. Jennifer. Anyways how is otupko like?
Lol... see my plantoon babe doing it the best way here. ThankGod you are home now!...
When re you going back or redeployment don click?

BTW: That DJ from obs,if I catch you en!Lol..
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by DTOBS(m): 4:36pm On May 24, 2016
ceeroh:
Next time, you stanwell and follow who know road. grin

grin...chai. follow who no road!!!!

BTW: How marketcheesy
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by DTOBS(m): 4:41pm On May 24, 2016
pillarmaria:

If I hear "the special Red crossers" again. all of una wey be say Na laziness push y'all to join red cross!

#QuarterGuide no easy ooooo.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 24, 2016
DTOBS:

Camp wasn't fun until towards the end... If there was one man I dreaded in that camp.. It was M.Y Bizi. I fear dat man die cheesy
DTOBS:

Camp wasn't fun until towards the end... If there was one man I dreaded in that camp.. It was M.Y Bizi. I fear dat man die
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 5:22pm On May 24, 2016
DTOBS:

Lol... see my plantoon babe doing it the best way here. ThankGod you are home now!...
When re you going back or redeployment don click?

BTW: That DJ from obs,if I catch you en!Lol..

Wait a minute. U were in platoon 3?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 5:24pm On May 24, 2016
ceeroh:

Camp wasn't fun until towards the end... If there was one man I dreaded in that camp.. It was M.Y Bizi. I fear dat man die

That man punished me up to 3 times. Everyone was scared of him.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 24, 2016
Leriebloom:

That man punished me up to 3 times. Everyone was scared of him.

Mhen!! I don't joke with him ooo. If I see him coming my way, I change direction fast.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 5:32pm On May 24, 2016
ceeroh:

Mhen!! I don't joke with him ooo. If I see him coming my way, I change direction fast.
Lolz. I swear that man is a sadist.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 24, 2016
Leriebloom:

Lolz. I swear that man is a sadist.
Big time sadist. It will be an eternal mistake for one to judge him by his look/appearance. A guy in my platoon had an injury while playing ball, so the next day he couldn't join d parade. When Bizi saw him, he asked what the matter was and he explained. This man actually told him to do 50 press-ups.. Com see as mature man dey cry cheesy
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 5:47pm On May 24, 2016
ceeroh:

Big time sadist. It will be an eternal mistake for one to judge him by his look/appearance. A guy in my platoon had an injury while playing ball, so the next day he couldn't join d parade. When Bizi saw him, he asked what the matter was and he explained. This man actually told him to do 50 press-ups.. Com see as mature man dey cry cheesy

Eya. The man has no conscience jare.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 24, 2016
Leriebloom:

Eya. The man has no conscience jare.
Well, Wannune was fun tho. Especially the nysc anthem... Under the sun OOOO in the rain.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Xcellency007(m): 6:17pm On May 24, 2016
well, I read tru all ur experiences, and dey are just typical and common experiences of a regular Nigerian Corp member. and Makurdi is no where as hot as where I served-sokoto. hope u will return to Makurdi, I will Welcm u dis time arnd, my hauz is jst a stone throw from BPPC,
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Leriebloom(f): 7:28pm On May 24, 2016
ceeroh:

Well, Wannune was fun tho. Especially the nysc anthem... Under the sun OOOO in the rain.

Lolz. and Cofer
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by justsaypeter001(m): 10:51pm On May 24, 2016
I also served in Benue...Makurdi to be precised( Command secondary school, oppst Aparaku Stadium)..It was a nice experience ....I miss d pounded yam...My own camping then was done in Gboko...Batch A 2009/2010
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by DTOBS(m): 7:22am On May 25, 2016
Leriebloom:

wait,am missing something ooo...are you not chika in plan toon 5?...
Ceeroh: that first week was like hell... where were you thrown?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by DTOBS(m): 7:23am On May 25, 2016
Leriebloom:

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by DTOBS(m): 7:23am On May 25, 2016
Leriebloom:

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by okuneddie(m): 9:28am On May 25, 2016
Leriebloom:

Yes, I forgot to add the fact that makurdi is unnecessarily hot.

u were posted to Benue and u are complaining, I served in Taraba state and not just anywhere but Jalingo.....my family couldn't recognize me after a year

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja Female Corper Shot Dead By Armed Robbers (Photos) / Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper / NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.