Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (583215 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
4llerbuntu:

Its MBps not Mbps I meant oooo......
MB/s and MBps are the same thing.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 6:55am On Apr 24, 2018
Server88:
MB/s and MBps are the same thing.

You didn't check his message well
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
ollah2:

You didn't check his message well
I know...he said MBps and Mbps are different. I never mentioned Mbps, I said MB/s. Hence, I told him MB/s and MBps are the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
Smile 4G LTE is one of the worst network you could use if not the worst. They are so overpriced, possess a terrible customer care and their data tariff is one of a kind. Online CC? Don't waste your time sending mails, they won't reply...Live chat? You can finish 100GB before they would even not come online...Offline CC? There be rude humans. Regarding their data tariff, a 100mb usage can be multiplied up to 4.8GB usage depending on the speed. A'ight, what the actual hell? Is it just me or are they comparing their data tariff with vehicle speed/fuel usage? undecided
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by wane01(m): 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2018
at times i get 12mbps ... i keep on wondering how come others complain

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2018
wane01:
See as you carry hand type 12mbps, you know wetin be 12mbps? 1.5MB/s...When some people are getting 53mbps.

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2018
ollah2:

Yaba is an ICT hub. Networks are usually faster in that zone.

Please explain my swift downloading at 50KB/s
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2018
nani667:
18MB/s ✔️

Swift for life ✔️✔️

Mbps or MBps?

Test on fast dot com let's see
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2018
wane01:

Ntel suffering the masses sad

you dey get speed like that and you are not Complaining sad

6.8Mbps = 0.85MBps.... Beht why will others not complain... I'm surprised you are not Complaining sef sad

That means If you eventually see this one na Rapture for you be dat

Legit 18MBps on Swift ✔️

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2018
Stanley08:

Mbps or MBps?

Test on fast dot com let's see

Its MBps as you saw on the screenshot... I have cropped the top part so you can see it better here ✔️

The network was blazing so much at the time but it was fluctuating to 12MBps, 15MBps to 18MBps... around that... So I had to use my video recorder and record screen to capture the Max speed cool

The greatness of Swift.... Doubt any other in Nigeria can deliver upto even a Quarter of these epic Speeds smiley

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by lonngmann(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2018
crowntoro:
I want to buy ntel MiFi 4G LTE but sadly, they are only in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Ibadan.
I am not sure if Ntel is in ibadan yet
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dataking: 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2018
Is there something sinister happening to my modem that was unlocked 2 years ago. Every 6 months, it seems the guy that unlocked it has programmed it to go brick on me. He claimed its normal and I have to always bring it to update the unlocking. Please save me from being held captive. Image of the modem below.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by BizBloke(m): 7:36pm On Apr 25, 2018
dataking:
Is there something sinister happening to my modem that was unlocked 2 years ago. Every 6 months, it seems the guy that unlocked it has programmed it to go brick on me. He claimed its normal and I have to always bring it to update the unlocking. Please save me from being held captive. Image of the modem below.

I can't say if he's held you captive but it seems so. From what I know about devices like this, what you're currently experiencing is highly unusual. I think you should call up someone else who does modem unlock and ask for a forever-unlocked deal.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dataking: 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2018
BizBloke:

I can't say if he's held you captive but it seems so. From what I know about devices like this, what you're currently experiencing is highly unusual. I think you should call up someone else who does modem unlock and ask for a forever-unlocked deal.

Na wa oo. Its a spectranet modem that I unlocked to use with ntel and the guy has unlocked 3 times now. 2k paid everytime not to talk of transportation cost and time wasted going to his office at ikeja computer village. His ID on here is xhammel

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by BizBloke(m): 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2018
dataking:

Na wa oo. Its a spectranet modem that I unlocked to use with ntel and the guy has unlocked 3 times now. 2k paid everytime not to talk of transportation cost and time wasted going to his office at ikeja computer village. His ID on here is xhammel

Perhaps things have changed from when I knew about modem/MiFi unlock and all that (2011-2013) but this is what I think: I think you should speak with someone else.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dataking: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
BizBloke:

Perhaps things have changed from when I knew about modem/MiFi unlock and all that (2011-2013) but this is what I think: I think you should speak with someone else.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
nani667:

Its MBps as you saw on the screenshot... I have cropped the top part so you can see it better here ✔️

The network was blazing so much at the time but it was fluctuating to 12MBps, 15MBps to 18MBps... around that... So I had to use my video recorder and record screen to capture the Max speed cool

The greatness of Swift.... Doubt any other in Nigeria can deliver upto even a Quarter of these epic Speeds smiley

I don't know where u get this speed from on swift oh. I stay around the MFM part of Lagos around onike and the network is crappy. I have data but can't even stream the champions league match. If it's working for u then I guess u're lucky.

I don't have such luck, might head back to spectranet.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 8:08pm On Apr 25, 2018
dataking:

Same guy unlocked mine and I've been using it for more than 2yrs now. He's one of the reliable guys here. So am wondering what's happening. Do u click on the update link? Cos that may be one of the problems

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dataking: 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2018
saint2ace:

Same guy unlocked mine and I've been using it for more than 2yrs now. He's one of the reliable guys here. So am wondering what's happening. Do u click on the update link? Cos that may be one of the problems

No, i never touched any settings. I just don’t understand the funny games he has been playing with me.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 26, 2018
How can i subscribe for my ntel data
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Controller360: 8:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
Who else is always having one ish or the other while trying to top-up or subscribe on his/her account on Ntel... Yesterday the thing was just giving one error message when I wanted to pay online...

The last time there was even 500 naira in my account and wanted to do night sub, tried for like 15 times, it wasn't successful... Man give up con sleep... I now woke up in the morning to an email from them saying the subscription was successful... That night got wasted
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by wane01(m): 11:54pm On Apr 26, 2018
nani667:

Ntel suffering the masses sad

you dey get speed like that and you are not Complaining sad

6.8Mbps = 0.85MBps.... Beht why will others not complain... I'm surprised you are not Complaining sef sad

That means If you eventually see this one na Rapture for you be dat

Legit 18MBps on Swift ✔️
ehen am outta ban ...
The speed i mentioned is quite average considering certain factors ..
As for your second-to-last line .. i just shake my head for you ..
I schooled in the U.K and i can tell you that you can never get that kind of speed there ..
Even on public wifi the lowest is 250mbps+ .. so speak for yourself
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Udezer69(m): 2:06am On Apr 27, 2018
Guys... I've dropped my NTEL o... I'm really tired... Getting network is a jungle in its own... Internet speed is an entire planet on its own to figure out... I've gone back to my sweet 9mobile 4G with very nice data bonuses and time data subs
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Bobbieydeey: 11:16am On Apr 27, 2018
Udezer69:
Guys... I've dropped my NTEL o... I'm really tired... Getting network is a jungle in its own... Internet speed is an entire planet on its own to figure out... I've gone back to my sweet 9mobile 4G with very nice data bonuses and time data subs

I'm around unilag, ntel working preety fine

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
wane01:

ehen am outta ban ...
The speed i mentioned is quite average considering certain factors ..
As for your second-to-last line .. i just shake my head for you ..
I schooled in the U.K and i can tell you that you can never get that kind of speed there ..
Even on public wifi the lowest is 250mbps+ .. so speak for yourself

UK Issa different matter....

The 18MBps is sufferage in the UK
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
I figured out that last hidden post was by wane01... Just a hidden post or banned again so soon? (I don't know the story o, I'm simply being a cat.)

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
nani667:

Lol well. It's terrible where I stay. Spectranet alot better. Max I've seen is 6-7MB/s tho. That's around 50 something Mbps. Oh well!

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by shidof(m): 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
can noel work on Gionee M5? and where can i get there Sims around Bariga and it's environs
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by shidof(m): 5:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
can noel work on Gionee M5? and where can i get there Sims around Bariga and it's environs ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.