Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (578737 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by sleit: 2:51pm On May 10, 2020
vichaz10:

They have an outlet in Sango-ota opposite M.R.S filling station close to domino's pizza....

Wow.. For real! Thanks a lot of check it out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Coldfaya(m): 2:54pm On May 10, 2020
Please how fast is the smile subscription that has a maximum speed of 3mbps. Wish someone can compare it to mtn's internet speed.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 10:37pm On May 10, 2020
ORIJIN201:
Swift has become useless. Since the lockdown, they have turned to Glo.

Seems swift unlimited plan give above 3Mbps
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by haykay2005: 12:38am On May 11, 2020
Yeah, swift is becoming so useless here. I cant browse since yesterday
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Soleye24(m): 7:10am On May 11, 2020
k
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by DaveHert(m): 12:23pm On May 11, 2020
aywhy93:

Hi, did you later go for this plan.? How is it like.?

Nah, I later changed my mind... But my neighbor is currently on it. Will ask her later on.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by aywhy93(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2020
DaveHert:

Nah, I later changed my mind... But my neighbor is currently on it. Will ask her later on.

Okay, thanks!
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by talk2dre(m): 2:43pm On May 11, 2020
sleit:

Wow.. For real! Thanks a lot of check it out.
Please, let me know if you're able to get it.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by zevous: 6:34pm On May 11, 2020
sleit:

That power bank is the perfect definition of a beast. I use it to charge my phone and tablet for up to 3 days before it goes off at all. And I use both devices heavily. I've been using it for a year now and it is still going strong. Never disappoints as I never have to worry about Nepa.

What's the name of the powerbank and how much is it?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by otis54(m): 7:01pm On May 11, 2020
This is the mail swift just sent to me. They've messed up the merit plan

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nickyjeff(m): 7:30pm On May 11, 2020
otis54:

I swear man, they should just return it back to 3Gb abeg, I no want their 10Gb again if it's gonna be like this. ���
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by otis54(m): 7:50pm On May 11, 2020
nickyjeff:

I swear man, they should just return it back to 3Gb abeg, I no want their 10Gb again if it's gonna be like this. ���
Na to start dey look for another alternative because I don't think am going to continue with them once my current subscription expires

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ORIJIN201(m): 7:54pm On May 11, 2020
otis54:

Na to start dey look for another alternative because I don't think am going to continue with them once my current subscription expires
Same here. Their service delivery has been terrible. I don't see reason to pay such outrageous price. I don't download anything anymore. So they can go to hel.l.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SolomonGrundy: 8:55pm On May 11, 2020
ORIJIN201:
Same here. Their service delivery has been terrible. I don't see reason to pay such outrageous price. I don't download anything anymore. So they can go to hel.l.
Baba calm down cheesy
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ptech: 9:31pm On May 11, 2020
SolomonGrundy:
Baba calm down cheesy
yeah they really mess things up.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Harddiskng(m): 10:46pm On May 11, 2020
otis54:

I am just watching Swift with corner-eye, first they reduced the validity period to 2weeks from 1 month; we no talk.

Now they changed the price to 5k, thats 10k a month biggest mistake. There are options available at that price. It’s either they didn’t think it through or they don’t know the demography of people on this plan.

Just leave them they are about to know the true meaning of half-bread is better than nothing. Once my current plan expires they go dey use their thing by themselves grin cheesy grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by khattab008: 10:55pm On May 11, 2020
I actually renewed my subscription this morning at the old price grin grin. Seems like swift intends to kill the merit plan, there's no way I'm subscribing at the new price.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by khattab008: 12:12am On May 12, 2020
khattab008:
I actually renewed my subscription this morning at the old price grin grin. Seems like swift intends to kill the merit plan, there's no way I'm subscribing at the new price.

They actually downgraded my subscription cap to 5GB. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ORIJIN201(m): 12:23am On May 12, 2020
SolomonGrundy:
Baba calm down cheesy
lol, I'm good. I think they are stupid. If you want to kill a plan, you make it unavailable. You don't double the price. You are sending the wrong message to your customers. Especially in a hard time. You'll force them to other providers. They serve Lagos only and they are shi.t. look at spectranet. Spectranet is almost everywhere in the country, no competition. They are having a full ride on the Nigerian broadband space. I've been using swift for a year, and that plan they increased to 12k was once 7k which I did on a steady every month. It's just greediness. They've increased the price by almost half in one year. Watch them die a natural death in coming months and no one hear of them again.

If you've noticed, Nigerian companies that are doing well rather have foreigners manage them and they usually do well. But 9ja management, too much greediness or lack of creativity will enter and the business is killed. They can thinker and bring out other creative plans that can offset these plans or at least bring about competitiveness which means more sales cos they are giving people lots of options, but no, they've chosen to keep increasing tariff price. When you look at their plans, they have so many useless plans you'll just wonder if they are ready for business. What they've been doing since I started using them is price increase, yet their network has gone worse. They just lost a loyal customer. Fvvck them!

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Anopheles: 12:45am On May 12, 2020
otis54:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11515857_swiftnetworksnewpricingmay112020_jpeg_jpegbbce5d82325dd2c738f5b0d987597a58

My problem with this change isn't the price...

It's the adjusted time made for the unlimited plan. It's no longer 11pm - 7am and free for most Sundays.

It's now 1 - 7am everyday sad

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 1:04am On May 12, 2020
How do these fools expect me to still be awake by 1am just because I want to download? Why not 11pm to 6am. Am I a bat that will try to keep awake till that time? Paying 10k for 20gb wey dey run down like water. Just to open a page 100mb don vamoose. Misguided fools. Are they the only ones suffering? What about we the consumers? Does money grow on trees or we dey pick am for road? Smh.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Waleabiola: 1:36am On May 12, 2020
Android phones with band 40 and unlocked 4glte modem

The swift SIM, can it work on Android phone or only on Modem/Mifi/Wifi[/quote]
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Deicide: 1:45am On May 12, 2020
This spetranet night unlimited plan, how fast is that 512kbps? let's say to download a 1gb movie how long would it take?

My calculation gave me 34+ Minutes
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by anozie09(m): 3:00am On May 12, 2020
Since swift doesn’t want us on the merit plan anymore, is there any alternative plan on other Isps? Or any cheap unlimited monthly plan?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by meum: 3:12am On May 12, 2020
Dear Swift Networks,
Due to continuing inflationary pressures, I am constrained to inform you that I would not be renewing my subscription after the expiration of the current one.

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Xbee007(m): 7:38am On May 12, 2020
I managed to get 30GB out of my Ntel two days unlimited plan. If electricity had been stable I certainly would have gotten more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 8:22am On May 12, 2020
Swift don comot their twitter handle. No way anyone can reach them and blast their asses like people did the last time they removed night browsing from swift merit.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by sleit: 8:26am On May 12, 2020
zevous:

What's the name of the powerbank and how much is it?

Romoss. I ordered from Amazon for about 40 dollars I think.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:30am On May 12, 2020
meum:
Dear Swift Networks,
Due to continuing inflationary pressures, I am constrained to inform you that I would not be renewing my subscription after the expiration of the current one.

Swift steady increasing thier price. This country sef. sad
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Tolu131: 8:52am On May 12, 2020
Deicide:
This spetranet night unlimited plan, how fast is that 512kbps? let's say to download a 1gb movie how long would it take?

My calculation gave me 34+ Minutes
the Download speed will be running 5kb/sec
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 9:06am On May 12, 2020
But Swift Also increased the speed on unlimited plan na.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Deicide: 9:07am On May 12, 2020
Tolu131:
the Download speed will be running 5kb/sec
Jesus!

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.