Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds (4369 Views)

Okagbare Wins 200M In London Diamond League / Usain Bolt Drives F1 Car On Tracks Before Winning 200m In Oslo #asaboss {VIDEO} / Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by deene: 11:58am On Aug 21, 2009
let me start by saying i have been watching athletics since the day i was born
I have even thought on many occasions of doing it professionally but ,
for decades the Americans have dominated the sprints in both the male and female category (more in the male event) cry cry cry

For Bolt to come into d scene and make them look less invisible then they usually are , is a welcomed development.
Drugs or No Drugs , am a big fan of tall fast athletes
he's got the height advantage over every other athlete and then he is ultimately fast!!!

I say he's the perfect athlete! , I Love the fact that the Americans are not folding their arms and watching
It was a wonderful Race Tyson Gay ran in the 100m Final (the race of his life) ,  tongue tongue
I believe the appearance of Bolt on the athletics stage will bring out performances like that of Gay in the 100m finals
I just hope they don't take it further to taking drugs just to beat him(Bolt) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

On Drugs? , I really don't care. As long as he continues to entertain me in every single race he runs, then GO BOLT!
A lot of athletes in the past have been disgraced due to drugs. Even my favorite, Marion Jones. She never returned a positive test , but confessed to using drugs when the pressure was at its brim. embarassed embarassed
So, Even if Bolt was on drugs , he would not return a positive test unless he confesses
Before then , please, let us give him the benefit of a doubt. He is simply breathtaking. wink cheesy grin

I really hope that he does this every year. I don't want to miss it ! The World Championships is just beginning!! The Relays!!! grin

I know that the Americans will Come back strong! lets watch Veronica Campbell-Brown and Allyson Felix today.
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by nich(m): 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2009
mathematical jargons.

100m in 9.58secs implies an average speed of 10.43m/s .
200m in 19.19secs implies an average speed of 10.42m/s.

looks like the longer the distance, the slower monsieur bolt is: guess he's human to a great extent.
however, one thing is clear: the guy does a minimum of 10m in 1sec.   shocked   shocked  10m (dis guy is fast)
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by compgeek(m): 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2009
I'm really happy for him. I just hope the glory doesn't get to his head N he mis-uses it like Mike Tyson, Mc hammer etc grin grin grin
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by HarryPotter1(m): 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2009
Look i think he is the black superman in the making he should go and start testing his skills and show the world he is more than the fastest runner.UP USAIN BOLT UP BLACK SUPERMAN.
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by galatico(m): 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2009
This Usain Bolt is not a human being, I think he fell from the SPACE, he must be from the same planet as "SUPERMAN"
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by milkan05(m): 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2009
angry he is annoyingly fast. angry!*hiss* winkactually d guy is part human part cyborg.
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by chic2pimp(m): 2:32pm On Aug 21, 2009
deene:

I say he's the perfect athlete! , I Love the fact that the Americans are not folding their arms and watching
I know that the Americans will Come back strong! lets watch Veronica Campbell-Brown and Allyson Felix today.
the americans can do nada. Their asses are being whooped so bad that if it was a boxing match,their coach would thrown in the towel. Anywayz back to my wifey Allyson felix. I love watching that girl run bwoi her gazelle like strides and style is a complete contrast to the others who are mainly power based hence the reason I love watching Bolt as well. She brings something different on to the track whenver she runs.
desgiezd:

"Just coming out there, I'm just waiting for the lights to flash 'game over,' because I felt like I was in a video game," said Crawford.
grin grin grin grin grin When the 2004 olympic champion says this about u,then u must be out of this world.
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by denony(m): 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2009
That guy na  shocked  shocked  shocked  
emagine he made other fellows  looks less superior

before the gun shoot i heard the other american telling his partner
"No need lets fight for 2nd and 3rd because there is a witch here called Bolt)  grin

Americans need to name another new car BOLT. (Imagine a car having the power and speed of BOLT)
Awsome, classical, unimaginable, what a record.
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by U1(m): 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2009
This is guy is really insane. He is true to his name "Insane" Bolt. Let's just hope this is not another Ben Johnson or Marion Jones we have here.
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by deene: 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2009
U1:

This is guy is really insane. He is true to his name "Insane" Bolt. Let's just hope this is not another Ben Johnson or Marion Jones we have here.

Point of correction. Marion Jones took performance enhancing drugs in Sydney alone!
She was repentant enough to confess to it and return all medals won in sydney and afterwards.
All in the name of Bad company (Tim montgomey and her former hubby, Hunter)

Marion Jones was gud! tongue tongue

kicking out the side show, Bolt is amazingly good, even the greatest would admit it.
But back in the days, even in the days of Carl Lewis, He dusted his rivals but they were always close.
the annoying part of Bolt's success is that his races are won by wide margins. shocked shocked shocked
Yeah. I know u would say it attests to the fact that he is amazing but lets not deceive ourselves wink

After his Beijing success one of my fiend said "because evry1 was asked not to take drugs, then Bolt alone took drugs and won by a wide margin" grin grin grin

Did you guyz see Melaine Walker in the 400m Hurdles? , that lady didn't run at alll this season then she came to Berlin, went past her seasons best in the semis and broke the Championship record in the finals shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

If the Jamaican girls in the women's 400m had dusted Sanya Richards, I would have gone to the authorities myself cool cool cool

People who are passionate about athletics will understand my plight cry sad lipsrsealed undecided embarassed cry
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by qkman: 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2009
I THINK TO ENSURE THAT IAAF COVERS ALL THE GREY AREAS, WHILE TESTING THE GENETICS OF SEMENYA OF SOUTH AFRICA , COULD THEY PLS PLS FOR D SAKE OF FAIRNESS TO ALL, ALSO CHECK OUT TRACES OF HORSE HORMONES, ANTELOPE GENES, CHEETAH CHROMOSONES IN, USAIN BOLT, IN TAKING IT FOR GRANTED THAT THERE IS GANJA ALREADY EMBEDDED.Read More

Make the guy no pour shit like marion onikoko jones,
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by klovesh: 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2009
This guy is just making other athletes look ordinary, though he is making them to step up their own game too. I just don't know how to describe his exploits
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by mamagee6(f): 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2009
That man is lightening. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by chic2pimp(m): 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2009
All of una prophet of doom make una leave lightnening bolt alone jare.Jeusi Jelusi na him dey worry unas
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by mamagee6(f): 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2009
And who is being the prophet of doom here?
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by chic2pimp(m): 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2009
,mama-gee:

And who is being the prophet of doom here?
dem plenty ooo wink wink cool
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2009
And the kind of doom is chimp2chimp

but seriously, I think he's using some kinda Jamaican hemp. If not, wow, am a fan then.

They need to check his body, fluid, and hair. esp his eyeballs, corner corner plenty dia for him to hide sth embarassed
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by chic2pimp(m): 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2009
FL Gators:

And the kind of doom is chimp2chimp
but seriously, I think he's using some kinda Jamaican hemp. If not, wow, am a fan then.
gators,gators,gators. How many times I call u ikebe super? U dey find wahala oo grin grin grin grin. U are an example of a prophet of doom tongue tongue grin
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2009
Ikebe super? Is this another way to insult my pancake?

Prophet? awww, sweet
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by chic2pimp(m): 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
FL Gators:

Ikebe super? Is this another way to insult my pancake?

Prophet? awww, sweet
yes ooo. I am mesmerized by that ya pancake tongue grin cool. I'm glad ure happy about the prophet part cool cool cool
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by chic2pimp(m): 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2009
THANK GOD I AM SATISFIED TONIGHT. MY WIFEY ALLYSON FELIX DON WIN
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2009
rotfl
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by ajadrage: 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2009
When folks like Jesse Owens were breaking records in the 1930's very few thought the day would come when the human being would be running sub 10 seconds. Carl Lewis took it another level, consistently running sub 10 seconds before a Ben Johnson came on the block. Although we all knew the end of that story. With the 21st century came athletes like Maurice Greene and and the rest of the pack, Powell, Gay etc, and to the discerning, it was just a matter of time before a full half second is cut from the now common sub 10 second times. And along came Usain, like a Bolt out of the blue.

Well, I wish him the best, and hope he makes excellent use of his time in the spotlight. But for athletics lovers who are ever inspired by the abilities of man to jump higher, throw farther and run faster, its only a matter of time before we start seeing sub 9 seconds races. Is that gonna be by Usain, I doubt it though, but it definitely would occur in about a decade or thereabouts. The rest of the athletes should think of catching up with Bolt's times first. Methinks someone is just waiting in the wings to burst into the scene when the time is right. We're definitely gonna see a sub 9 race, sooner or later. . .
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by rasputinn(m): 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2009
Lightening strikes twice
Keep up the good work Usain,it's so uplifting to see someone that can run almost as fast a my humble self
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by Atuyota: 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2009
Seriously,whom ever said we blacks are not blessd deserves d purnishment of king oedipus.listen, if u can't see,feel if u can't listen.negritude.yeah!there is & always be hope
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by DrKitaun(m): 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2009
one day . . .the real Usain Bolt would be exposed cool

this is not normal, something is so wrong somewhere ! angry
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by chic2pimp(m): 8:46pm On Aug 22, 2009
Kai another Prophet of Doom angry angry angry angry angry cool. Well done lightning bolt on your third gold medal.
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by DrKitaun(m): 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2009
ajadrage:

When folks like Jesse Owens were breaking records in the 1930's very few thought the day would come when the human being would be running sub 10 seconds. Carl Lewis took it another level, consistently running sub 10 seconds before a Ben Johnson came on the block. Although we all knew the end of that story. With the 21st century came athletes like Maurice Greene and and the rest of the pack, Powell, Gay etc, and to the discerning, it was just a matter of time before a full half second is cut from the now common sub 10 second times. And along came Usain, like a Bolt out of the blue.

Well, I wish him the best, and hope he makes excellent use of his time in the spotlight. But for athletics lovers who are ever inspired by the abilities of man to jump higher, throw farther and run faster, its only a matter of time before we start seeing sub 9 seconds races. Is that gonna be by Usain, I doubt it though, but it definitely would occur in about a decade or thereabouts. The rest of the athletes should think of catching up with Bolt's times first. Methinks someone is just waiting in the wings to burst into the scene when the time is right. We're definitely gonna see a sub 9 race, sooner or later. . .

yeh right !  embarassed

na today ?

didnt we all sing eulogies of Bern Johnson then ?

wasnt it later diescovered that the likes of Carl Lewis and Marion Jones were cheats ?

abegi !!! only time will tell . . .
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by Akanniade(m): 10:46am On Aug 24, 2009
freak of nature grin
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by Borat1: 4:55pm On Aug 25, 2009
Bolt should get a hair cut FFS!
Re: Awesome Bolt Runs 200m In Record 19.19 Seconds by Juniorroged(m): 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2009
[color=#006600][/color] AM ABASHED AT THE WAY WE BLACKS RE SAYING ILL OF THE BOLT GUY, HE IS TOO GOOD, LETS JUST ACCEPT IT. ALSO PROVE TO THE WHITES THAT WE THE BLACKS COULD DO ANYTHING THEY COULD DO, EVEN MORE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

U.k Used Skating Shoes / Man City Star Riyad Mahrez's Wife Filmed Driving With Her Feet On Highway(Photos / Do Football Players Use A New Jersey For Every Game ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.