Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,205 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. (28878 Views)

The Complete List Of Courses And Best University To Study The Course In Nigeria / How To Enjoy The Course You Hate. / Why You May End Up Not Practising The Course You Studied In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Olukokosir(m): 1:26pm On May 25, 2016
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Hardeybohwarley(m): 1:26pm On May 25, 2016
Just passing by and I stumbled on this
A very wealthy man had a Birthday party and he invited everyone in his town. In his Mansion, he had a big pool filled with alligators. So he announced that anyone who was able to swim across the pool and come out unarmed would be granted three wishes. Immediately, there was complete silence, nobody wanted to risk his or her life. All of a Sudden, there was a big splash and AY was swimming like hell! He successfully came out alive. He was then given a round of applause. Everyone was anxious to know what gave AY the courage to do it, but then, the host asked, "What are your three wishes?" AY replied, "Give me a shotgun, 3 rounds of shells (bullets) and show me the idiot who pushed me inside the Pool!."
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by wintersnow(m): 1:26pm On May 25, 2016
5 YEARS AGO I DID A ONE YEAR PROGRAMME, I APPLIED FOR GEOLOGY, WHEN THE RESULT WAS RELEASED.. I DID EXCELLENTLY WELL...ONLY TO SEE MY NAME UNDER GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MGT SC! I WAS SO BITTERD.. BUH I JUST TOOK.. RIGHT NOW AM VERY HAPPY FOR NOT DEFFERRING THE ADMISSION! WILL BE GOING FOR SERVICE HOPEFULLY BY NOV!... JUST ACCEPT. WHAT YOU HAVE IN GOOD FAITH... THERE'S A REASON FOR EVERYTHING
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by idu1(m): 1:26pm On May 25, 2016
northern:
If you think you can excel in pharmacy, go for it because pharmacy nor be "child's play" o. If not stick to fishery and excel.
is that you in your dp?
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Goke7: 1:26pm On May 25, 2016
fisheries is a very nice course but the problem is that it is not appreciated at all in Nigeria, my advise if you can't change the course, Pls continue and try to come graduate with good grades so you can think of continuing with postgraduate studies abroad in disciplines like ecology and environmental management which are very well appreciated in the western world. if you can come out with a first class, the sky is your starting point.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by peculyachi(f): 1:26pm On May 25, 2016
GLOBALINF:

Just come and study in cyprus. It's cheap, you don't need any f**king Jamb... angry
Check my signature

how much does it cost to study medicine $ surgery in Cyprus?
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by dauntless15(m): 1:27pm On May 25, 2016
henrydadon:
This remind me of one of craze clown joke.."so u went to school to study agriculture"
what about people who goto school to study home economics, English, linguistic or library science English that you can learn as a baby, i am fluent and excel in English even though am a computer scientist.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by d33types: 1:27pm On May 25, 2016
EmpresFIDEL, is it UNIBEN?

some schools eg uniben just have a strict policy of some departments not allowing switching,,no matter how good your grades are..

take another jamb and study hard..i did that 10 years ago ,and i was/am still happy with my choice..
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Aare2050(m): 1:27pm On May 25, 2016
speaking from experience....

I initially wanted to study law...

but after writing jamb 3 times, I was offered admission in a federal college of education to study YORUBA LANGUAGE.

I felt bad, I wanted to reject, but someone told me to take up the course and write jamb the next year, I oblige and accept the admission.

after one year, I started loving the courses involved, I love it to the extent that I became the president of the department.

mind you, I hated the subject during my secondary days, but I got A1 in WAEC.

so when you plan, allow your destiny to pave way for you.
I'm now a serving B'15 corps member.

I can have my masters in education, literature and grammar.

and to think of it.
in Nigeria there are lawyers that ended up been an actor or actress.

there are doctors making a living through fish farming.

pray and allow things to work itself out.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by kobonaire(m): 1:28pm On May 25, 2016
@OP ..... change change change ......I did the same in 200L and never looked back!
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by 400billionman: 1:30pm On May 25, 2016
Drop out of school nah.

Bill Gates did it..
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Taryur3(m): 1:31pm On May 25, 2016
It depends on you.but trust me...if you are not happy with it dnt finish with it.because you will definitely hate yourself.Sit up with it in this your first year but please register for another jamb and go for the desire course.I was in this mess 9yrs ago.but thank God I made it today.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 25, 2016
henrydadon:
This remind me of one of craze clown joke.."so u went to school to study agriculture"
the painful truth is dat those who have the agric certificate don't even know whr to submit their cv. Imagine a person with agro cert applying for bank job when Ota farm is idle. Misplaced priority.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 25, 2016
Vickyydera:
Your case is similar to my own, I applied for political science, imsu gave me education economics, I was so disappointed the day I saw my admission letter(my dad was happy though cos he sees political science as a pure waste of time in the university) I made up my mind to study it and change to political science in my 200L but when I entered 200L I didn't want to change the course again cos finally I end up loving the course, I advise you to study this course for a year and see if you will like to continue with it or not.

NB: Nigeria doesn't give damn about what you studied, just get the damn certificate. cheesy
even the world in general doesn't care, my bro studied demography, but now he is a software eng in the states
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by sonnie10: 1:33pm On May 25, 2016
Aare2050:
speaking from experience....

I initially wanted to study law...

but after writing jamb 3 times, I was offered admission in a federal college of education to study YORUBA LANGUAGE.

I felt bad, I wanted to reject, but someone told me to take up the course and write jamb the next year, I oblige and accept the admission.

after one year, I started loving the courses involved, I love it to the extent that I became the president of the department.

mind you, I hated the subject during my secondary days, but I got A1 in WAEC.

so when you plan, allow your destiny to pave way for you.
I'm now a serving B'15 corps member.

I can have my masters in education, literature and grammar.

and to think of it.
in Nigeria there are lawyers that ended up been an actor or actress.

there are doctors making a living through fish farming.

pray and allow things to work itself out.

What experience are you talking from? Until you get a job with the course you studied, you don't have any experience yet. Liking a course is a different thing and being able to pay your bills after graduation is another thing entirely.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 25, 2016
Suigeneris93:
It depends on your school or department, you can study Fisheries for one year, get really good grades and switch to Pharmacy in 200 level instead of writing another Jamb which you're not sure of getting the admission. I did it and it worked for me

Cc:
Fynestboi
Richiez
Lalasticlala he needs more helpful suggestions

I concur with this advice, but sometimes complications arise so while still working hard if you have spare funds do give Jamb a shot. all the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by skywalker001(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2016
Vickyydera:
Your case is similar to my own, I applied for political science, imsu gave me education economics, I was so disappointed the day I saw my admission letter(my dad was happy though cos he sees political science as a pure waste of time in the university) I made up my mind to study it and change to political science in my 200L but when I entered 200L I didn't want to change the course again cos finally I end up loving the course, I advise you to study this course for a year and see if you will like to continue with it or not.

NB: Nigeria doesn't give damn about what you studied, just get the damn certificate. cheesy
Greatest NESAITES! Also got disappointed wen I was given Economics education cuz I put in for Economics major but I later realize dat Eco Edu is a professional course with double honour B.Sc/B.Ed. Now am an Economist so also an Educationist
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 25, 2016
EmpresFIDEL:
good morning friends.. I need your advice. am a 100lv student studying fisheries after searching for admission for 3yrs... but I still want to write jamb next year to study pharmacy. what do you think? I should continue with the fisheries or I should take another jamb for pharmacy which I love so much. am 21years old.
Take jamb next year and go for the course you love. Age is on your side. While in school, I had classmates who came in for medicine at advanced ages, some even past 30yrs and they coped fine.
If ur mind is really in pharm, go for it. The prospects are also good interms of job opportunities.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by IamLukas(m): 1:42pm On May 25, 2016
U have so many options to choose from

1. Read hard and make good grades and then apply for a change of course in Ur school.

2. Study for next year's Utme and fill in Ur desired course.

3. Continue with Fisheries as U might just get to love it.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by agabaI23(m): 1:43pm On May 25, 2016
northern:
If you think you can excel in pharmacy, go for it because pharmacy nor be "child's play" o. If not stick to fishery and excel.
Pretty
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 25, 2016
skywalker001:
Greatest NESAITES! Also got disappointed wen I was given Economics education cuz I put in for Economics major but I later realize dat Eco Edu is a professional course with double honour B.Sc/B.Ed. Now am an Economist so also an Educationist
I see you bro cheesy
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 25, 2016
dauntless15:
what about people who goto school to study home economics, English, linguistic Linguistics or library science English that you can learn as a baby, i am fluent and excel in English even though am a computer scientist.

Corrected. And yes, you're fluent but we don't only learn how to speak English in English Studies, just as you don't only learn how to tinker with computers made by the engineers
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by IamLukas(m): 1:49pm On May 25, 2016
U are indeed excel in English.
cry
dauntless15:
what about people who goto school to study home economics, English, linguistic or library science English that you can learn as a baby, i am fluent and excel in English even though am a computer scientist.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by fullz: 1:50pm On May 25, 2016
my advice;
study your fisheries very well, but still write your jamb, and don't give up fisheries, not until you're a pharmacy freshman.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by dauntless15(m): 1:53pm On May 25, 2016
Suigeneris93:

Corrected. And yes, you're fluent but we don't only learn how to speak English in English Studies, just as you don't only learn how to tinker with computers made by the engineers
ya thanks for the correction i was disappointed when my gf told me she got admission to ksu i was happy until she told me English was her course, am thinking of switching to another course too, computer science isnt my dream course it was a last moment decision because i was desperate I'll love to read bio chem, petrochem engr, or architecture.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by dauntless15(m): 1:55pm On May 25, 2016
IamLukas:
U are indeed excel in English.
cry
lukas lukas no vex again am too lazy to correct my wrong use of preposition, please correct it for me teacher
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Gkemz: 1:58pm On May 25, 2016
Its not too late. If you really want to study pharmacy, you can still go for it since you have no passion for fishery.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Ojezzzypopsy: 2:04pm On May 25, 2016
It may sound very easy crossing but dear a fwnd of my did cross 2 anoda dept in 200L nd ended up wit no result in finals.. All his records re not kept in its appropriate places.. D guy wan mad..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Aare2050(m): 2:11pm On May 25, 2016
sonnie10:

What experience are you talking from? Until you get a job with the course you studied, you don't have any experience yet. Liking a course is a different thing and being able to pay your bills after graduation is another thing entirely.

you have a good point....

but let me tell you something better....

I studied Yoruba language education. B.A ED.(YOR)

and I very fluent in the following skills.

1. TEACHER

2. INTERPRETER

3. EDUCATIONIST

3. MASTER OF CEREMONY

4. PERSONAL/PRIVATE LANGUAGE TUTOR

5.ACTOR

6. POET

7. HAVE MY OWN BUSINESS

THE LIST IS ENDLESS, DISCOVER YOURSELF IN YOUR FIELD OF STUDY.

government work will come one day, stop putting mind
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by nonix22(m): 2:19pm On May 25, 2016
Ronaldinnioh:
My dear all these change of course does not work most times even if you have best CGPA.....but how long your leg is.
What one needs is just buy another Jamb form and prepare for another Jamb. Delet the course from your mind and have a high hope that you will pass your Jamb and get your heart desired course.

In 2011 I was given Veterinary Medicine instead of Human medicine in UNN. I wrote jamb and deleted my mind from the course and whatever the outcome might be,even if I fail my Jamb or they cease my result, I will not be sad, since I have made up my mind never to do that course in my life. I was reading and my course mate were always discouraging me from taking another course(because most of us were in the same shoe as those who got the course through supplementary list and we are wounded doctors then and shows me the importance of the Veterinary medicine. Am not saying is a bad course or I can't be rich but that is not my heart desired course.

I wrote Jamb and I went for UI interview and I was admitted to Study Medicine and Surgery which was my heart desired course.

Pls never let your course mates/ room mates not know about your intention because they can never encourage you. Some will tell you that your Jamb will be ceased

Others will say how can you begin 100level all over again.

Some will say you are wasting money

Others will say how old are you that it is not what you studied that gives you work in future

Most importantly know that you alone will suffer the consequences of your actions in choosing your career. Make a wise decision now. Nobody will bear your cross not even YOUR Parents or Siblings.
you na elder o! see the proceedure of your advice. made some sense

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by chrystalC(m): 2:19pm On May 25, 2016
I don't know wat to teyu, buh if ur applying frm pharmacy dnt fill DELSU bros.... if not u go regret am... I graduated frm delsu pharmacy since last year up till date no result talk more of induction almost a year now. This shit has been happening since time immemorial.... so watever sch u apply for as regards to Rx, dnt u fill DELSU.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by 400billionman: 2:22pm On May 25, 2016
northern:

Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) / "Schooling In The UK Made Me Realise How Different Nigerian Lecturers Are" - Man / Gej's Alamajiri Model Schools - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.