Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,900 members, 7,863,096 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 - Islam for Muslims (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 (103429 Views)

Nairalanders Iftaar (kaduna Edition Season 1) / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2015 / .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Wizeboy(m): 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2012
talk2keke: Salam Alaykum,

Please when is another iftaar?we should have another one before the end of ramadan,for those of us that were not present at the last one.

Ma salam.
Wa alaykum salam, Mainland edition will be on Sunday 5th August, watch out for the information and the venue.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by maclatunji: 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
Wizeboy: Wa alaykum salam, Mainland edition will be on Sunday 5th August, watch out for the information and the venue.

Did you say Sunday? I thought it was going to hold on a Saturday?
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by maclatunji: 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
majoroller: Brother jarus please set me up for next week sunday and help broadcast it please......call me 08028254949

Hmmm... Sunday
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by baba11(m): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
maclatunji:

saturday will be much better expectially for those of us that will be travelling out of the state or will be going to work on monday.i will also implore us to come on time so that there would be enough time to fully implement the shedules and also jazakumulahu khayran to mr and mrs jarus for putting up a nice and wonderful programme for us and i pray that Allah(swt) will reward you accordingly and lastly dont forget what you promised me,ma salam(you can reach me through my email address)!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by baba11(m): 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
maclatunji:

saturday will be much better expectially for those of us that will be travelling out of the state or will be going to work on monday.i will also implore us to come on time so that there would be enough time to fully implement the shedules and also jazakumulahu khayran to mr and mrs jarus for putting up a nice and wonderful programme for us and i pray that Allah(swt) will reward you accordingly and lastly dont forget what you promised me,ma salam(you can reach me through my email address)!
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by maclatunji: 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
baba11: saturday will be much better expectially for those of us that will be travelling out of the state or will be going to work on monday.i will also implore us to come on time so that there would be enough time to fully implement the shedules and also jazakumulahu khayran to mr and mrs jarus for putting up a nice and wonderful programme for us and i pray that Allah(swt) will reward you accordingly and lastly dont forget what you promised me,ma salam(you can reach me through my email address)!

To me, Saturday makes perfect sense. I don't really understand the love for Sundays.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by siddiq202(m): 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
maclatunji:

To me, Saturday makes perfect sense. I don't really understand the love for Sundays.
I LOVE SUNDAYS wink
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by maclatunji: 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
siddiq202:
I LOVE SUNDAYS wink

You love Sunday as a day or for the Iftar?
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by siddiq202(m): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
maclatunji:
You love Sunday as a day or for the Iftar?
because I'm free throughout....nothing much apart from that
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by maclatunji: 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2012
siddiq202:
because I'm free throughout....nothing much apart from that

Good for you.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Wizeboy(m): 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
baba11: saturday will be much better expectially for those of us that will be travelling out of the state or will be going to work on monday.i will also implore us to come on time so that there would be enough time to fully implement the shedules and also jazakumulahu khayran to mr and mrs jarus for putting up a nice and wonderful programme for us and i pray that Allah(swt) will reward you accordingly and lastly dont forget what you promised me,ma salam(you can reach me through my email address)!
May be people should be given chance to decide on the day that will be more preferable between Saturday and Sunday. I know Sunday is somehow always free for everybody, as some people are always engaged with one or two things on Saturday.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by FindOut(m): 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
@Mac, sunday is better o! You dont want to run into crazy traffic on a saturday night. On sundays, the roads are generally ''freer'' grin

We thank Allah for the successful hosting of the Island edition, I'm sorry i couldnt make it, though I have to admit a bit ashamedly that i was doubtful I would attend from the beginning. Around 7pm yesterday, i was just getting back to Ikeja from Ojo.

however, inshaAllah, the mainland edition, I WOULD not miss.

Venue & time pls. Those who attended yesterday's, please endeavour to come again for the mainland edition. & though the bokoharam topic was obviously well trashed yesterdy by the Ustaz (accordin to reports here), i fear we may still have to revisit the issue, in addition to the other topic of course.

& lastly, please, brothers & sisters, we have been trying, but lets not relent. Let us continue to educate ourselves and other muslims & especially non muslims both off and on NL on the islam & terrorism issue. We should not keep silent (except when its most wise to do so) , especially in the office or our schools when the issue is being tabled for discussion. Thats a form of dawah also. & while doing this, let us refrain from insulting our educatees (yeah it could be hard sometimes, as some are very insultive & simply silly sometimes).

We are ambassadors of Islam everywhere & anywhere we are & let us be mindful of this in our speech and actions especially. Nobody us perfect though, but may Allah help us. Amin.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Jarus(m): 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
I'm also of the opinion that Saturday is better.

Meanwhile, we are still at crossroads on the venue of the 2nd edition.

We call it mainland edition, meaning it should hold on Mainland, but the sponsor(Majoroller) says Ikoyi is the convenient venue for him. Ikoyi is also Island.

Well, we're still looking at our options.So we are looking at making it Surulere.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by sucre2(m): 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
Find Out!:
@Mac, sunday is better o! You dont want to run into crazy traffic on a saturday night. On sundays, the roads are generally ''freer'' grin

We thank Allah for the successful hosting of the Island edition, I'm sorry i couldnt make it, though I have to admit a bit ashamedly that i was doubtful I would attend from the beginning. Around 7pm yesterday, i was just getting back to Ikeja from Ojo.

however, inshaAllah, the mainland edition, I WOULD not miss.

Venue & time pls. Those who attended yesterday's, please endeavour to come again for the mainland edition. & though the bokoharam topic was obviously well trashed yesterdy by the Ustaz (accordin to reports here), i fear we may still have to revisit the issue, in addition to the other topic of course.

& lastly, please, brothers & sisters, we have been trying, but lets not relent. Let us continue to educate ourselves and other muslims & especially non muslims both off and on NL on the islam & terrorism issue. We should not keep silent (except when its most wise to do so) , especially in the office or our schools when the issue is being tabled for discussion. Thats a form of dawah also. & while doing this, let us refrain from insulting our educatees (yeah it could be hard sometimes, as some are very insultive & simply silly sometimes).

We are ambassadors of Islam everywhere & anywhere we are & let us be mindful of this in our speech and actions especially. Nobody us perfect though, but may Allah help us. Amin.

The Boko Haram issue was well treated but we had very little time for the tafseer, i did like the ustaz to attend the mainland edition. He's such a wonderful man.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by faroukbabs: 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
kokozain: I forgot my small pink camera/video recorder in jarus house or d person dat gave me ride in his car to ikorodu. Any info pls
. Yeah, drop ur phone number, I'll call u.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by jusbal(m): 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
i wanna use dis medium 2 show a brother in islam dis wonderful appreciation 4 giving us all d hospitality necessary yesterday.....bro jarus and hajia jarusat,may almighty allah continue 2 bless ur family abundantly....u are highly valued and appreciated.........in respect of d mainland edition,i suggest we should make it on sunday,cuz it's a free day.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by siddiq202(m): 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2012
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by maclatunji: 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
I kind of think Saturday is optimum. You enter traffic on Saturday evening and rest on your "free day". Maybe I am weird but my Sundays are not so free. I was still having a meeting at about 10.20pm last night.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Wizeboy(m): 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2012
My own candid opinion is that, lets have an opinion poll on whether it should hold on Saturday or Sunday. The beauty of this programme will be for an appreciable number of people to attend like will have yesterday or even more.

People should suggest on the day that will be more convenient while the majority opinion should be follow.

Maa Salam
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by miftaudeen(m): 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
may Àllah(s.w.t) accept it as an act of ibaadah for those that attended bro jarus's iftar, those who couldn't meet up but has intention and other muslims that are not aware on nairaland.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by walelamina: 3:58am On Jul 31, 2012
Jazakunllah 2 d Jarus family for that treatment, may Allah reward u in folds, it was nice 2see some of the muslim ummahs ere last sunday, may Allah continue 2place our feet on the right path of Al Islamm,2me, i thinl sunday is more free, be it ikoyi as said by Jarus or the one in surulere, pls lets s decide on time so dt we can prepare towrads dt day effectively...I.S.L.A.M. = I Sincerely Love Allaah & Muhammad ♥ (sallAllahu 'alyhi wasallam).

sjw
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by odunz80(m): 7:39am On Jul 31, 2012
I want to say a big thank you to the Jarus family and my opinion on the day of the venue is definately saturday. we all know its going to be rough but atleast we have all our sunday to relax and rest well to prepare for work the next morning.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by majoroller: 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2012
Brother jarus can you look for a good fastfood joint on the mainland and let me know and it can be on saturday or sunday if surulere is where its generally accepted but if not we can do mama cass on ajose adeogun,vi......its on me,my other number is 08062509519
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Jarus(m): 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2012
Let's settle for Surulere and Saturday please.

Do we have anyone that stays around Surulere that can recommend a nice fastfood for us to use.

What to look for
1, Good eatery with varieties
2, Proximity to mosque for ease of Moghrib salat
3, Storey preferred
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by tunyus(m): 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
Jarus: Let's settle for Surulere and Saturday please.

Do we have anyone that stays around Surulere that can recommend a nice fastfood for us to use.

What to look for
3, Storey preferred
Salam Alaykum...I will suggest we use Sweet Sensation on the junction of Bode thomas by Adeniran Ogunsanya street as the place is very spacious and there is a Mosque very close to the eatery @ the other side of the Raod
Its also a storey building.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by watbas: 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2012

What to look for
3, Storey preferred

Jarus - I promised to support the mainland
edition. Let me know where to send my contribution.

If we haven't conclude on the venue we can host it in my
office at irewole street opebi ikeja. We have event room - where 30 people
can seat conveniently.

We can even say salat in same place.

And can order food from Tantalizer or any other 3 eateries around.

I wish I stay at ikeja - my house would have been a perfect place. But the
office is equally good if you haven't conclude on the venue.

It's peaceful, quite environment and their won't be any distractions unlike eatery.

I can take care of the menu - menu too.

Please let me know your decision asap brother.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by watbas: 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
Their won't be issue with parking space as well.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by walelamina: 4:08am On Aug 01, 2012

What to look for
3, Storey preferred
Since we are lookin @mainland and on saturday, i think d bro dt wants 2 host d ikeja edition shud make it the ff week, on the other tot bro Jarus in surulere, we could use delta kitchen along bode thomas and we av a mosque very close 2 it also, just 2mins walk, Iponri central mosque, am just sayin , the sweet sensation too dt was suggested by d oda broda too is ok thouugh along adeniran ogunsanya off bode thomas, Jazakunnllah ..lets decide on tym as this is already wednesday, Bro Jarus its me in thomas estate, we shall be goin 2geda, wud give u a call b4saturday..
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by kokozain(m): 5:12am On Aug 01, 2012
faroukbabs:
. Yeah, drop ur phone number, I'll call u.
08137867538 and 08029069096 jazakallah khairan
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by kokozain(m): 5:41am On Aug 01, 2012
For jarus jazakhallah khairan may ALLAH reward u and ur family abundantly ameen. And for all those that were there and those that could not make it may ALLAH reward u too abundantly ameen. On d issue of d day i will suggest sunday because of traffick free and tym shld be 4pm immediately after salatu asri so as to have enough time for tafseer and general discussions. Jarus, makrone pls try to get us an ustazh or anyone can also do dat because of d topic that will be treated and d time framed involved, d person must be prepared b4 coming down. On d issue of venue in surulere pls those that are suggestin should visit d venue and make enquiries so as to knw if d venue will be free on d chosen day and cost. We can also be hosted again d ff week @ ikeja if d bro has interest den we would not relent. I believe INSHA ALLAH by next yr all our weekends will be full of programms like this by NL because i also wants to be part of it masha ALLAH. ALLAHU ALLAM MA SALAM
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by faroukbabs: 5:46am On Aug 01, 2012
kokozain: 08137867538 and 08029069096 jazakallah khairan
Wayakum. R u cmin 2 d mainland edition, I could bring it there.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by kokozain(m): 9:34am On Aug 01, 2012
faroukbabs:
Wayakum. R u cmin 2 d mainland edition, I could bring it there.
INSHA ALLAH I WILL BE THERE THANK U AM VERY GREATFUL

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (57) (Reply)

Arewa Big Boys Pose With Exotic Cars To Celebrate Eid Mubarak(photos+videos) / 81 Ways To Win Your Husband's Love / Barka Juma'ah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.