Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 - Islam for Muslims (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 (102751 Views)

Nairalanders Iftaar (kaduna Edition Season 1) / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2015 / .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by cherish(m): 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
Insha allah i will be there
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by tohirah(f): 10:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
kokozain: For ilorin
Venue ajase ipo road the building beside natforce headquarter kwara state adjascent kwara express offa garage.
Topic contemprorary issues in islam(abuathymeen)
Lecturer ustadh (will be brought by abu)
Time same as Lagos schedule
Contact 08137867538
Salam bro, please can I get direction frm tanke,tipper garage precisely.
Thanks
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by kokozain(m): 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
tohirah:
Salam bro, please can I get direction frm tanke,tipper garage precisely.
Thanks
from tanke tipper garage just get cab going to offa garage. Alight immediately the cab bust on to the road that has 4 junctions(leading to offa garage) I.e opposite friends eatery. After you alight look directly opposite where you alighted u will see gbemisola feed and uncompleted building beside those buildings you will see two storey building painted blue with blue roof that is the house.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by kheart(m): 4:57am On Jul 17, 2014
Assalamu alaikum, i am always delighted wen ever i come accross such thread. I wish am base in lagos so dat i will be able attend. may Allah reward you guys abundantly especially on ur proposed project (consider fund raising for palestinian orphans). Kaduna nlanders should also emulate their counterpart.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by loodba: 9:38am On Jul 17, 2014
Salam alaykum brothers and sisters

May Allah make it easy for us all. I will be there In Sha Allah and may Allah spare our lifes till and after then (amin) Ramahdan Mubarak!
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Wizeboy(m): 10:52am On Jul 17, 2014
NAIRALAND IFTAAR SEASON 6: 2014

DATE: Sunday 20th July, 2014

VENUE: Araromi Community Central Mosque, Diya Street, Opposite Gbagada Playing Ground. Beside Sweet sensation/Access Bank, Gbagada, Lagos State

TIME: 4.00PM PROMPT (NO AFRICAN TIME)

HOST: Thirty and hrmkz

GUEST LECTURER: USTADZ ABDULRAHIM BASHIR; Asst. Chief Imam UNILAG Central Mosque; Lecturer, Department of Arts and Social Sciences Education, Faculty of Education, University of Lagos.

TOPIC: Muslim and Peaceful Co-Existence with Non-Muslims: Quranic Narrative

Assembling will start by 4pm (No African Time) at the above chosen venue and lasts till after break of fast and moghrib, or we wait till 8pm for Ishai.

PROGRAMME

4.00 - 4.30: Arrival
4.30 - 4.40: Introduction
4:40 - 5:00: Opening prayers/Fidau Prayer for hrmkz late mum and all our deceased relations
5.00 - 5.10: Opening remarks by the moderator(s) present
5:10 - 6.00: Lecture
6.00 - 6.15: Questions and Answers
6.15 - 6:55: Open session (Deliberation on NAIRALAND MUSLIM FORUM PROJECTS among other arising issues)
6.55 - 7.00: Breaking of fast with fruits
7.00 - 7.10: Moghrib
7.10 - 7.30: Main menu/Food
7.30 : Closing Prayers/Dispersal/Isha'

All Nairaland Muslims who are interested in attending this year RAMADAN IFTAAR should start signifying by including their names below:

ATTENDANCE:

1. Thirty
2. Wizeboy
3. Jarus
4. tobby1987
5. bluedome
6. hardubuy
7. mashaun
8. papindinho
9. yeyenatu
10. fxskye
11. maclatunji
12. Reedbam
13. eluquenson
14. balash
15. Zachxolan
16. DJDOLA
17. Mogenerous
18. Tbells91
19. Neeyhmutate
20. muhammad23
21. k4kenny
22. slimkay83
23. Ariyke
24. Deciphers
25. Kulikuli26
26. Herbiorlah
27. probsolver
28. Adebayofca
29. Profshyna
30. Dynamo1
31. Ak4ril
32. onegig
33. comsoy
34. simbiatadesomi
35. walelamina
36. sherif4owo
37. DMainMan
38. cherish
39. muhammed
40. loodba
etc.

NOTE: In case you have shown intention and I missed out your name, kindly indicate please!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by uzoexcel(m): 3:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
nice one jarus
i think it would be good if u can enlighten the non-muslims like me on the front page on Ramadan' and what it means....
i for example think its similar to our xmas but i know i m wrong...also,during ramadan, how do we greet our muslim brothers/sisters?is it 'barka de sallah'? cos thats what i usually say at any 'muslim' festival? can u also break it down for us in #layman's' language the essence of Ramadan and the benefits....
Peace!!!!!!

Jarus: Assalaamu alaikum my brothers and sisters,
We thank Allah for making us witness yet another Ramadan and pray He makes it easy for us to maximize the benefit therein.

I'm mooting the idea of having Nairalanders iftaar for those of us in Lagos, although it's a pity that most of the active contributors here are not Lagos residents.

I'm very serious and will inshaAllah foot the bill. At least I know oyb,Abuzola,fellis,dominique and a few new or fringe Muslim Nairalanders are Lagos-based. Javalove is also usually in and out of Lagos. This will also provide an opportunity to meet other Muslim Nairalanders face to face.

DATE :Let's suggest a date. But I think Friday or Saturday evening will be better.
TIME: Iftaar time is of course around 7pm but convergence can start from 6pm
VENUE: Option 1-Any eatery can be selected, but I'll suggest Mama Cass in VI,given its spaciousness. Option 2: I am ready to host everybody at my Ajah apartment, but Ajah is somehow far, and the heavy traffic obstacle on people's way home. 

So any idea on making this a reality? And who is interested?

NB: Since this topic has been 'home-paged', let us interprete some Islamic terms used here to the non-Muslims who may just be curious. Iftaar means breaking of fast. Monghrib is sunset salat(prayer).

1ST EDITION - 2009: PAGES 1-8
2ND EDITION - 2010: PAGES 8-18
3RD EDITION - 2011: PAGES 18 - Turn to page 21 for Mainland edition.
4TH EDITION - 2012: Page 23
5TH EDITION - 2013: Page 39 Planning has commenced

NB: Please go to page 44 for current edition, SEASON 5.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Carmall(m): 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
May Allah make it easy for us... More people should show interest for Ilorin, the more the better.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by rash47(m): 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
@ kokozaine, may Allah reward you abundantly for all effort in putting up this iftar. Pls count me in, i will call u soon.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by onegig(m): 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
uzoexcel: nice one jarus
i think it would be good if u can enlighten the non-muslims like me on the front page on Ramadan' and what it means....
i for example think its similar to our xmas but i know i m wrong...also,during ramadan, how do we greet our muslim brothers/sisters?is it 'barka de sallah'? cos thats what i usually say at any 'muslim' festival? can u also break it down for us in #layman's' language the essence of Ramadan and the benefits....
Peace!!!!!!

Glad you want to learn. Ramadan is actually a month under the islamic calendar. The ninth month to be specific. It's during this period that adherents fast from dusk to dawn. I.e abstain from eating, drinking and lawful sexual activities. What makes the month unique and significant is the abundance of blessing and reward for any little act of worship or good done during the period. It's also the fourth pillar of islam. Islam has five pillars which any muslim must abide by.

It starts with the spotting of the moon and also ends with the reappearance of the moon after the 29th or 30th day which results in the festival known as id-ul-fitr. I hope this has been enough to clear the questions asked?

As for the benefits. Apart from the spiritual aspects there are many health benefits. As for greetings. Just a greeting of Ramadan kareem and may God accept it as an act of worship is enough to say to a muslim you want to greet during the period and during the festivities your usual Barka de Sallah is suitable. you can read more for benefits here.

http://islam.about.com/od/ramadan/a/ram_benefits.htm

6 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by anikum: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF ALLAH, I SHOULD ATTEND...IN SHA ALLAH.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by hok4u(f): 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
Wizeboy: NAIRALAND IFTAAR SEASON 6: 2014

VENUE: Araromi Community Central Mosque, Diya Street, Opposite Gbagada Playing Ground. Beside Sweet sensation/Access Bank, Gbagada, Lagos State

GUEST LECTURER: USTADZ ABDULRAHIM BASHIR; Asst. Chief Imam UNILAG Central Mosque; Lecturer, Department of Arts and Social Sciences Education, Faculty of Education, University of Lagos.

Assembling will start by 4pm (No African Time) at the above chosen venue and lasts till after break of fast and moghrib, or we wait till 8pm for Ishai.

PROGRAMME

4:40 - 5:00: Opening prayers/Fidau Prayer for hrmkz late mum and all our deceased relations
6.15 - 6:55: Open session (Deliberation on NAIRALAND MUSLIM FORUM PROJECTS among other arising issues)

All Nairaland Muslims who are interested in attending this year RAMADAN IFTAAR should start signifying by including their names below:

ATTENDANCE:

1. Thirty
2. Wizeboy
3. Jarus
4. tobby1987
5. bluedome
6. hardubuy
7. mashaun
8. papindinho
9. yeyenatu
10. fxskye
11. maclatunji
12. Reedbam
13. eluquenson
14. balash
15. Zachxolan
16. DJDOLA
17. Mogenerous
18. Tbells91
19. Neeyhmutate
20. muhammad23
21. k4kenny
22. slimkay83
23. Ariyke
24. Deciphers
25. Kulikuli26
26. Herbiorlah
27. probsolver
28. Adebayofca
29. Profshyna
30. Dynamo1
31. Ak4ril
32. onegig
33. comsoy
34. simbiatadesomi
35. walelamina
36. sherif4owo
37. DMainMan
38. cherish
39. muhammed
40. loodba
41. HOK4U
etc.

NOTE: In case you have shown intention and I missed out your name, kindly indicate please!!!

In sha Allah I will be there.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by hok4u(f): 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
muhammad23: Hmm...muhammad23..I should be attending In sha Allah...I will be coming all the way from Sanngo, I hope I would be able to make it back home early enough if I leave the venue immediately after Maghrib.. Traffic should be light on a Sunday... Baraka'Llahu to the organisers and everyone of us.

Can we move together? Are you going with a ride? You can pick me up at Ahmadiyyah.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by justiade4uu(m): 5:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
hA Ba!!!
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
Abeokuta nko
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by uzoexcel(m): 5:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
Thank you and barka de sallah grin
onegig: Glad you want to learn. Ramadan is actually a month under the islamic calendar. The ninth month to be specific. It's during this period that adherents fast from dusk to dawn. I.e abstain from eating, drinking and lawful sexual activities. What makes the month unique and significant is the abundance of blessing and reward for any little act of worship or good done during the period. It's also the fourth pillar of islam. Islam has five pillars which any muslim must abide by.

It starts with the spotting of the moon and also ends with the reappearance of the moon after the 29th or 30th day which results in the festival known as id-ul-fitr. I hope this has been enough to clear the questions asked?

As for the benefits. Apart from the spiritual aspects there are many health benefits. As for greetings. Just a greeting of Ramadan kareem and may God accept it as an act of worship is enough to say to a muslim you want to greet during the period and during the festivities your usual Barka de Sallah is suitable. you can read more for benefits here.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by onegig(m): 6:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
uzoexcel: Thank you and barka de sallah grin
Welcome. Although that greeting would be more appropriate greeting in the next 9 or ten days when we wrap things up. We are on the 20th as of now.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by onegig(m): 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
Xtarxhyne: Abeokuta nko
You might want to host one instead. Just notify interest and people who live there may signify interest in joining.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
onegig: You might want to host one instead. Just notify interest and people who live there may signify interest in joining.
Alakoba
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by onegig(m): 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2014
Xtarxhyne: Alakoba
How please? Just state you aren't that capable for it now and we might pray that by next year you would even hold three rounds.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by highrank(m): 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
Wizeboy: Salam Nairalanders in Ilorin
NAIRALAND ILORIN (KWARA STATE) RAMADAN IFTAAR
DATE : Sunday, 20th July, 2014
HOST : Kokozain
VENUE : Ajase IPO road offa garage building beside natforce h/q kwara state the building is painted blue with blue roof two storey building adjascent kwara express.
LECTURER : will be provided by abuuthymeen
TOPIC : ISLAM and the contemporary world
ILORIN ATTENDANCE
1. Kokozain
2. AbuuUthaymeen
3. Carmall
4. Rash47
5. PMB007
6. tohirah
Nairaland Muslims closer to Ilorin, Kwara State can also indicate their names here...
please count me in,I've been looking for special Ilorin session like we did last year without knowing that my brothers and sisters are here.may be i will second the lecturer bring by Abu Uthaymeen or what do U see to that?
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by kokozain(m): 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
Wizeboy: Salam Kokozain,

Kindly give your verdict on the ILORIN NAIRALAND IFTAAR for those that have already shown interest to know on-time. You are now having more Nairalanders' Muslim showing interest.

NAIRALAND ILORIN (KWARA STATE) RAMADAN IFTAAR

DATE : Sunday, 20th July, 2014

HOST : Kokozain

VENUE : ?

LECTURER : ? (If none of you guys dont want to take the responsibility, there are many Alfas and Ustaz you can contact at Ilorin there; just inform them on time)

TOPIC : ISLAM and the contemporary world (suggest any other topic suitable or give the person free hand to choose the topic)

ILORIN ATTENDANCE

1. Kokozain
2. AbuuUthaymeen
3. Carmall
4. Rash47
5. PMB007
6. tohirah
7.rash4
8.highrank

Nairaland Muslims closer to Ilorin, Kwara State can also indicate their names here... You can also invite some other friends in order to make the programmes more interesting.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by kokozain(m): 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
highrank:
please count me in,I've been looking for special Ilorin session like we did last year without knowing that my brothers and sisters are here.may be i will second the lecturer bring by Abu Uthaymeen or what do U see to that?
no problem may Allah make it easy ameen
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by joywendy(f): 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
onegig: Glad you want to learn. Ramadan is actually a month under the islamic calendar. The ninth month to be specific. It's during this period that adherents fast from dusk to dawn. I.e abstain from eating, drinking and lawful sexual activities. What makes the month unique and significant is the abundance of blessing and reward for any little act of worship or good done during the period. It's also the fourth pillar of islam. Islam has five pillars which any muslim must abide by.

Now I know! Thanks. Ramadan kareem! smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by muhammad23(m): 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
hok4u:

Can we move together? Are you going with a ride? You can pick me up at Ahmadiyyah.
Nopes.. I will be going by public transport..In sha Allah

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by kudoxs(m): 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
Wizeboy: NAIRALAND IFTAAR SEASON 6: 2014

PROGRAMME

ATTENDANCE:

1. Thirty
2. Wizeboy
3. Jarus
4. tobby1987
5. bluedome
6. hardubuy
7. mashaun
8. papindinho
9. yeyenatu
10. fxskye
11. maclatunji
12. Reedbam
13. eluquenson
14. balash
15. Zachxolan
16. DJDOLA
17. Mogenerous
18. Tbells91
19. Neeyhmutate
20. muhammad23
21. k4kenny
22. slimkay83
23. Ariyke
24. Deciphers
25. Kulikuli26
26. Herbiorlah
27. probsolver
28. Adebayofca
29. Profshyna
30. Dynamo1
31. Ak4ril
32. onegig
33. comsoy
34. simbiatadesomi
35. walelamina
36. sherif4owo
37. DMainMan
38. cherish
39. muhammed
40. loodba
etc.

I will be there insha Allah, can I come with a non-NLder friend?
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by newacca: 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
Xtarxhyne: Abeokuta nko
We can unite too. If we gather ourselves. You host us first being the first person to mention Abk grin
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Wizeboy(m): 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
kudoxs: I will be there insha Allah, can I come with a non-NLder friend?

Yes, you can attend with Non-nairalander but make sure you write his name here to be included on the list in order to make planning much easier.

Maa Salam
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by bayplus: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2014
kudoxs: I will be there insha Allah, can I come with a non-NLder friend?

I will be at the iftaar season 6 too Insha Allah bi kudratullah.

As I look forward to meeting my muslim brothers and sisters.

May Almighty Allah accept all our efforts in this holy month and beyond as an act of Ibadah and crown it all for us with Al Jannah Firdauz. (Amin)
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by Jarus(m): 8:53am On Jul 18, 2014
Tight one for me this year, but insha Allaah will squeeze to attend as someone that has not missed a single season since 2009.
Re: Nairalanders Iftaar - Season 7 by onegig(m): 10:07am On Jul 18, 2014
joywendy: Now I know! Thanks. Ramadan kareem! smiley
Welcome sis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (Reply)

Arewa Big Boys Pose With Exotic Cars To Celebrate Eid Mubarak(photos+videos) / 81 Ways To Win Your Husband's Love / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.