Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,711 members, 7,862,255 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:22 PM

The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness (13764 Views)

Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute / Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss / Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Stuntkid172(m): 1:06pm On May 29, 2016
freecocoa:
Ana'm efe ekwensu.
maka etu isi ekwu okwu, adirom sure na imara ihe ina ekwu

1 Like

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:07pm On May 29, 2016
Kay17:

And of what use is the physical blood of Jesus to a person who keeps asking for the blood but yet robs and kills innocent people?!

The death of Christ is of spiritual significance . There would be the loss of blood when nailed to a cross .

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:10pm On May 29, 2016
Kay17:

Then all the people that lived before Christ would be judged by what standard? Aren't they condemned to hell? Despite the fact Christ chose to come thereafter

They would be judged according to their works . You have asked me this question before na . You don forget ? Are these questions being asked perfunctorily - asked every time , over and over again - like a routine
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Kay17: 1:11pm On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The death of Christ is of spiritual significance . There would be the loss of blood when nailed to a cross .

what is the blood for?
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:15pm On May 29, 2016
Kay17:

what is the blood for?

The loss of his blood / pain /suffering on the cross are of spiritual significance smiley

Would the next question be 'what spiritual significance' ?
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by JackBizzle: 2:06pm On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You again ? And JackBizzle , are these the rational questions you guys boast about

Paul was given unto the Gentiles - non Jews

The Promise

Isaiah 49:6

The fulfillment
Acts 22:21

Lol so Paul came to west Africa?
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by tosinjay(m): 2:24pm On May 29, 2016
Why is it that, today sunday, instead of getting positives we're getting negative posts in fp. This kindle agenda is very ill.
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:34pm On May 29, 2016
JackBizzle:

Lol so Paul came to west Africa?

Smh . You no well
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Sidoka: 2:40pm On May 29, 2016
freecocoa:
I won't even argue on who the so called real Jews are, they can come from Ghana for all I care, doesn't explain anything.

My response was because u said what does a jew have to do with a (black man)
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Kay17: 2:41pm On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

They would be judged according to their works . You have asked me this question before na . You don forget ? Are these questions being asked perfunctorily - asked every time , over and over again - like a routine

But you just said there is no true righteousness without Christ, or does God accept their false righteousness? Or probably you don't understand the significance of what you said.
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Sidoka: 2:43pm On May 29, 2016
lepasharon:

Making him black doesn't make the story any less fictional

I just wanted to make her research and see the connection between a jew and a black man,how do u begin to tackle the problem of reading and understanding the bible if u dont know basic history
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by lepasharon(f): 2:47pm On May 29, 2016
Sidoka:

I just wanted to make her research and see the connection between a jew and a black man,how do u begin to tackle the problem of reading and understanding the bible if u dont know basic history

Lol so you believe the story is fictional?
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Kay17: 2:49pm On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The loss of his blood / pain /suffering on the cross are of spiritual significance smiley

Would the next question be 'what spiritual significance' ?

But pains and suffering, and blood loss don't ordinarily have spiritual significance so why does Jesus's own have?
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:51pm On May 29, 2016
Kay17:

But you just said there is no true righteousness without Christ, or does God accept their false righteousness? Or probably you don't understand the significance of what you said.

Obviously in this dispensation na . Those before Christ would be judged according to their works .
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:52pm On May 29, 2016
Kay17:

But pains and suffering, and blood loss don't ordinarily have spiritual significance so why does Jesus's own have?

Because he is God . He came with a purpose .
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Kay17: 2:57pm On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Obviously in this dispensation na . Those before Christ would be judged according to their works .

But the value of their works would be useless since it was impossible to attain true righteousness with Jesus Christ. So they are supposedly condemned!
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Kay17: 2:58pm On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Because he is God . He came with a purpose .

Jesus is God dying for God sitting on the right side of God?
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:01pm On May 29, 2016
Kay17:

But the value of their works would be useless since it was impossible to attain true righteousness with Jesus Christ. So they are supposedly condemned!

Then it was through done differently , burnt offerings and what have you but now it's with Christ . So true righteousness was validated differently but now it's with Christ .
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:03pm On May 29, 2016
Kay17:

Jesus is God dying for God sitting on the right side of God?

There are three members of the Godhead - Yahweh , Jesus and the Holy Spirit . Yahweh is addressed as the father , Jesus as the Son and the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of God/Comforter .

These three are one .
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Kay17: 3:19pm On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Then it was through done differently , burnt offerings and what have you but now it's with Christ . So true righteousness was validated differently but now it's with Christ .

Who changed the validation process? God? What was the intention behind changing it?
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Kay17: 3:19pm On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There are three members of the Godhead - Yahweh , Jesus and the Holy Spirit . Yahweh is addressed as the father , Jesus as the Son and the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of God/Comforter .

These three are one .

So God has blood and feels pains?
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by MrImole: 3:25pm On May 29, 2016
freecocoa:
Stay there and keep asking questions with obvious answers.

I don't know how a jewish man supposedly dying, pays for the sins I (a black man) could not have committed at the time.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

It must be very hard for you.
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:27pm On May 29, 2016
Kay17:

So God has blood and feels pains?

Jesus , came as God in human flesh - dual-natured . So he faced the travails of being human

1 Like

Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:29pm On May 29, 2016
Kay17:

Who changed the validation process? God? What was the intention behind changing it?

Yeah . John 3 :16
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Sidoka: 3:33pm On May 29, 2016
lepasharon:

Lol so you believe the story is fictional?
Now u got me all confused with ur lol.....what story is fictional and i dont remember u asking me if i thought the story was fictional and why would i ask her to do her research if i thought the story was fictional?
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 29, 2016
vargasvictory:
If Jesus died on the cross and spent three days in hell to pay for the sins of the world, then why would we have to go to hell ourselves and pay for them again?

God is then, in essence, being paid for our sins twice. With that said, was Jesus' sacrifice not worthy enough? If that is the case, why should we care that he died for our sins if his sacrifice means nothing at all?

Your contributions would go a long way in helping out a lot of faithless souls out there

It's a day and half-not 3.
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Kay17: 7:44pm On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Jesus , came as God in human flesh - dual-natured . So he faced the travails of being human

KingEbukasBlog:

Yeah . John 3 :16

To what purpose was the validation changed?

Do you mean that every pain, blood, tears, word, laughter of Jesus acquires a spiritual significance because he is divine right?

@gombs

I'm surprised that to you implicit is synonymous with absolutely.

Nonetheless you have to agree that by God's permission, evil exists. For evil to exist without God's permission would God is not absolutely.
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:18pm On May 29, 2016
Kay17:

To what purpose was the validation changed?

The same purpose . Just that things got done differently .

Do you mean that every pain, blood, tears, word, laughter of Jesus acquires a spiritual significance because he is divine right?

Not every na . The travails of the cross
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Kay17: 9:06pm On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

1. The same purpose . Just that things got done differently .

2. Not every na . The travails of the cross

1. The purpose has changed because people lost the power to be righteous by themselves without Christ. The present validation is even worse.

2. This travails of the cross is special because it was only Jesus or because of Jesus and the cross?
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:18pm On May 29, 2016
Kay17:

1. The purpose has changed because people lost the power to be righteous by themselves without Christ. The present validation is even worse.

Its your opinion . Its better by the way . The purpose is the same - to save mankind .

2. This travails of the cross is special because it was only Jesus or because of Jesus and the cross?

Because He is God but humbled him to face such difficulties and sufferings . His experiences are of spiritual significance . E.g The stripes - for our healing . The shedding of his blood - for the cleansing of sin . The suffering - for us to be of good cheer and enjoy a good life etc /
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by Kay17: 9:46pm On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its your opinion . Its better by the way . The purpose is the same - to save mankind .

Because He is God but humbled him to face such difficulties and sufferings . His experiences are of spiritual significance . E.g The stripes - for our healing . The shedding of his blood - for the cleansing of sin . The suffering - for us to be of good cheer and enjoy a good life etc /

1. How is the same?! More people who could have saved themselves by their own salvation are condemned because God wanted to make Jesus's sacrifice useful.

2. Now if I commit premeditated murder, what is the natural connection between my act and Jesus's suffering on the cross.
Re: The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:22pm On May 29, 2016
Kay17:

1. How is the same?! More people who could have saved themselves by their own salvation are condemned because God wanted to make Jesus's sacrifice useful.

Can you stop getting up dander up ? smiley Its the same .

Pre- Christ era

Use of animal sacrifice for sin cleansing if you know God . Judged according to your self- righteousness if you dont know God .

Post-Christ era

Accept Christ as Lord and Savior for sin cleansing if you know God . Judged according to your self- righteousness if you didn't receive the Gospel

2. Now if I commit premeditated murder, what is the natural connection between my act and Jesus's suffering on the cross.

I dont get this question . But if you mean , the connection of sin and the significance of Christ's death then the connection is that you are remitted from paying for your sin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! / Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. / Mark Them: False Prophets And Prophetess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.