Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,803 members, 7,862,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:13 PM

10 Ways People Kill Their Cars - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars (26322 Views)

See How Long It Takes The World’s Richest People To Pay Off Their Cars / Pictures Of People On Dinner Dates With Their Cars Go Viral On Twitter. / Some Lagosians Park Their Cars At Shopping Malls Like These (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by m1500: 7:56am On Jun 02, 2016
masonkz:

Please I need clarification regarding the bold. I always had the impression that one has to warm up the engine for about 4-5minutes before leaving, especially in the morning.. So this shouldn't be the case?? As in just 30 seconds is all that's required??

Thanks for the post, btw.

The manual for my car says 2 mins for warming.
Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by wacoj(m): 7:58am On Jun 02, 2016
NOTED! I like this infor.
I am guilty of NO 7. I always hold the gear selector with my right hand every-time I drive.
I am used to driving with only my left hand while the right will permanently be on the gear selector.

Thanks OP, I got to stop it henceforth. No wonder I have gear problems a lot.
Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by femi4: 8:01am On Jun 02, 2016
masonkz:

Please I need clarification regarding the bold. I always had the impression that one has to warm up the engine for about 4-5minutes before leaving, especially in the morning.. So this shouldn't be the case?? As in just 30 seconds is all that's required??

Thanks for the post, btw.
That's old school, the new age vehicles doesn't require that, just make sure you didn't rev too high for first few mins
Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by mafioso47(m): 8:11am On Jun 02, 2016
BTT:
Ok op.

But you did not include removing the thermostat and connecting the fans to run directly with the ignition because our weather is very hot.

You also did not remember to mention using water only in your radiator instead of the water/coolant mixture.

Good job though.
Good one but we shouldn't over flog this issue on fan connection. this won't hold for cars whose fans are powered by the engine running system ie not a separately electrical thermostat controlled system. trust me you don't Want to get stuck on the result of fan not working / over heating issues on a Lagos traffic. it is better to be rest assured of ur fans working at any give time. my take
Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by InvertedHammer: 8:30am On Jun 02, 2016
/

Cars are pain in the a.ss

\
Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by Tosynolebo(m): 8:34am On Jun 02, 2016
OP please what do u do when the check engine light, 4WD and Trac off lights come on and stay on in a toyota RAV4 2012 V6
Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by professore(m): 8:39am On Jun 02, 2016
Don’t leave the engine idling to warm it up, just drive it (after giving it 30 seconds for the oil pressure to come up and get the oil to fully circulate).[/quote]

I gained one or two things.
Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by simplynola(m): 9:04am On Jun 02, 2016
Most Nigerian drivers are aggressive drivers who race at take off all because they don't want the car nearby to come in their front which is very bad for their engine. You are not being wicked to the person you are blocking but wicked to yourself and your car. Parking your car and leaving the gear in first gear also puts strain on your clutch. Transmission oil for automatic cars should also be checked regularly.
Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by femi4: 9:23am On Jun 02, 2016
Tosynolebo:
OP please what do u do when the check engine light, 4WD and Trac off lights come on and stay on in a toyota RAV4 2012 V6
Get a scanner, it ll scan the car and tell you the code to know whether its the o2 sensor, exhaust etc that's got problem

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by roundandbrown: 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
help pls what can i do.after changing my yaris 08 front bearing.the car started showing light for check engine,abs and hand brake light steady also my speedometer stop working.
my mechanic have tried all effort but its still showing. what may be d likely solution?
Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by Orangina(m): 3:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
That number 5.hmm could be true.o
Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by Ignatio(m): 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
Informative
Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by USPlaceofAutos: 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
Get Quality Coolant from U.S. Place of autos Call 09035870964

Re: 10 Ways People Kill Their Cars by USPlaceofAutos: 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2016
Chevron Ready to pour pre-diluted coolant

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vilnius Mayor Crushes Benz With An 8Wheel Armoured Vehicle For Parking Illegally / 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know / Subsidy Removal: Taraba Civil Servants Sell Off Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.