Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,195 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office (38500 Views)

Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper / Watch Video Of Lai Mohammed & Adeosun On Channels TV On Buhari's 1yr In Office / ​ 1yr In Office: FG Appreciates Nigerians For Their Support, Perseverance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Integrityfarms(m): 12:36pm On May 29, 2016
This is the true unbiased score sheet of this administration!

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by raypepe(f): 12:36pm On May 29, 2016
Buhari is making Jonathan look like a genius angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by ITbomb(m): 12:36pm On May 29, 2016
I've had enough

Meanwhile One year of Goodluck Jonathan

MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE JONATHAN ADMINISTRATION
Aviation:
Total Radar Coverage of Nigeria (TRACON) project completed in 2010,
Nigeria now has a US Category 1 Certificate, the highest aviation certificate granted by the U.S. allowing any Nigerian registered aircraft to fly direct to any U.S. city.
Massive rehabilitation of Federal Airports.

The Economy
Improvement in Economic Indices - In October 2011 International Ratings agency, Fitch Ratings revised the country’s Outlook upwards from Negative to Stable.

Standard and Poor’s another internationally respected and independent ratings agency, revised Nigeria's ratings from stable to Positive.
Signing into law the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Bill 2010 (Local Content Bill) which has increased Local Content in the Oil and Gas sector.

Launched the NigComSat-1Rsatellite

Nigeria’s banking industry rescued and stabilized by the establishment of the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON) in the year 2010.

MasterCard made Nigeria its regional headquarters for its West/East and Indian Ocean islands zone raising the profile of Nigeria’s e-commerce industry.

Nigeria’s GDP grew by a record 8.29% during the last quarter of 2010 and by over 7% in 2011. In the first quarter of 2012 Nigeria had verifiably become the fourth fastest growing economy in the world as recently attested to by several multilateral bodies and trading partners.

Revival of the Textile industry via the 150 billion Naira Textile Industry Bailout.

Oil and Gas
National Refineries Special Task Force inaugurated in February 2012 to ensure Nigeria's refineries are running at optimal levels.
Production of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) at the Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company, (KRPC) hit a 10-year high of over 2.5 million litres per day.

Militancy curbed in the Niger Delta leading to a 20% increase in activities of the oil and gas industry which has multiplier effects on the economy.

Fuel queues are a thing of the past in today’s Nigeria and public and private efforts are ongoing to expand Nigeria’s refining capacity.

Nigeria conducted an election that was universally acclaimed as Nigeria’s freest, fairest and most credible elections till date in April 2011.

See all the achievements between 2009 and 2011 here
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=276227849393868&id=100010199646791

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by glossy6(f): 12:38pm On May 29, 2016
Goddex:
The rating for 'Agric' should be 'poor'.

Apart from importing grass from Brazil for grazing reserves and cancellation of fertilizer subsidy, that ministry is clueless

plus including 1 tomato for N100

*****modified

bigboss80s:
I thought PUNCH was a pro-APC media outfit.
It's beginning to seem like APC was really unprepared for power.
The plummeting oil price does not help their case.
I dont envy Buhari i'm sure he doesn't envy himself.
The president has now seen that Nigeria is not as easy to run as he thought when he was criticising Jonathan.

Buhari needs to first accept responsibility and stop blaming past administrations. We elected him to fix their mistakes.

Next, he must put together a competent, credible economic team that would be respected. Unfortunately this present minister of finance has been reduced to a paymaster when she should be letting us all know the economic direction of the country under this administration.

The government is too focused on corruption that it has forgotten that it's main job is to cater for the citizens. Unfortunately even though the war on corruption has received so much media attention, we have seen few, if any, convictions.

To run a country you don't have to be the best at everything. You just need to have the best people in your team. Buhari's much anticipated team ended up being a compensation party for allies and friends.

As if he will listen to you.

Where is he fighting the kwaraption self?
modified

Orikinla:
[size=28pt] It is idiotic to rate a President who is yet to execute his first budget in office. [/size]]

Who stopped him from executing the budget or better still who told him to be sneaking budget out and in?

It is very very idiotic for Bubu to waste 6 months in appointing ministers that are not saints undecided

8 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by DEGREE2466(m): 12:39pm On May 29, 2016
fitzmayowa:
According to punch PMB first year in office is a complete failure and they are not far from the truth, the realities on ground says it all...

In other words PMB scored F9...SMH

I hope our resident e - warriors will not tag them wailers /IPOD/IPAD paid journalists...

nna you are right

but did you know that you can decide the sex of your baby by yourself?

click here

http://sagaciousguru..com.ng/2016/05/how-to-naturally-decide-sex-gender-of.html?m=1
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by lollmaolol(m): 12:40pm On May 29, 2016
Enough of bad news
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by smogup: 12:40pm On May 29, 2016
He deserves this

2 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by GWMI(m): 12:41pm On May 29, 2016
The man is a great failure.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Orikinla(m): 12:41pm On May 29, 2016
[size=28pt] It is idiotic to rate a President who is yet to execute his first budget in office. [/size]]

2 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by bettercreature(m): 12:42pm On May 29, 2016
Goddex:
My surprise is, even PUNCH, a very strong pro-APC media outfit could not defend their master anylonger.
Any sensible APC fan that mean well for Buhari will tell him he is a total failure

4 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by asha90: 12:44pm On May 29, 2016
Chai..bubu don suffer. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by bettercreature(m): 12:44pm On May 29, 2016
Orikinla:
What Happened to 2015 budget? how can you keep 3 trilion in TSA without spending it? everything is just wrong about this government

5 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by freeze001(f): 12:44pm On May 29, 2016
MRSALT:
Now I have full respect for punch.
This rating is the best I have ever seen on any Nigeria Newspaper. They engaged and got the opinion of the leaders of various sectors where their ratings were based on the impact of government policies and directions. No political influences. I hope they will present this score card to Mr President

So they need to present it to him? He said he's waiting on the newspapers already to tell him if he's failing or he needs to change ministers. He should be waiting on them and putting reports together already since he doesn't seem to have established KPIs in place for determining performance.
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by SirHenry105(m): 12:44pm On May 29, 2016
Very good marking scheme, no room for complaint or requesting for remark.
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by jbreezy: 12:45pm On May 29, 2016
Chi,,,c hw punch punch bubu
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by SuperSupremo(m): 12:45pm On May 29, 2016
ooowwwwww!!!!

Is this really what he would score

I didn't see corruption rate
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by everozone: 12:45pm On May 29, 2016
Even unborn babies know that Buhari has not fared well because they are feeling d heat right in their mothers wombs.Some have even perished in d wombs because they are afraid to face d hardship Buhari has imposed on Nigerians.I weep for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by berrystunn(m): 12:46pm On May 29, 2016
No no this is too bad.
Am calling on buhari to step down.

Did not even try to fix one thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by omusiliyu(m): 12:48pm On May 29, 2016
What do you expect from certificate-less man

4 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 29, 2016
Goddex:
The rating for 'Agric' should be 'poor'.

Apart from importing grass from Brazil for grazing reserves and cancellation of fertilizer subsidy, that ministry is clueless

Importing grass no be beans! I doubt fn any country in the world has been able to do something like that in the past 2 decades!

Change!!!
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by DeRoyalFranco(m): 12:48pm On May 29, 2016
I don't want to type to much but I will make it clear buhari is a failure. Good day .

2 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by tayoalone(m): 12:48pm On May 29, 2016
[quote author=bigboss80s post=46070718]I thought PUNCH was a pro-APC media outfit.
It's beginning to seem like APC was really unprepared for power.
The plummeting oil price does not help their case.
I dont envy Buhari i'm sure he doesn't envy himself.
The president has now seen that Nigeria is not as easy to run as he thought when he was criticising Jonathan.

Buhari needs to first accept responsibility and stop blaming past administrations. We elected him to fix their mistakes.

Next, he must put together a competent, credible economic team that would be respected. Unfortunately this present minister of finance has been reduced to a paymaster when she should be letting us all know the economic direction of the country under this administration.

The government is too focused on corruption that it has forgotten that it's main job is to cater for the citizens. Unfortunately even though the war on corruption has received so much media attention, we have seen few, if any, convictions.

To run a country you don't have to be the best at everything. You just need to have the best people in your team. Buhari's much anticipated team ended up being a compensation party for allies and friends. This is so true

2 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Greenback: 12:50pm On May 29, 2016
Goddex:
My surprise is, even PUNCH, a very strong pro-APC media outfit could not defend their master anylonger.

its really serios,man....the failure is so monumental!
Its neva been this bad

3 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by berrystunn(m): 12:50pm On May 29, 2016
bettercreature:
What Happened to 2015 budget? how can you keep 3 trilion in TSA without spending it? everything is just wrong about this government

Economic team is bad too
Bad monetary policy

APC is in charge when they call Nigeria fantastically corrupt.

Buhari promise to declare asset publicly with his team if elected. We are still waiting.

3 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Greenback: 12:52pm On May 29, 2016
BlackPeni5:
This is really poor. If my pikin get this kind result, na better cane him go chop. Buhari deserves proper caning to reset his brain.

he doesnt need that..he has failed woefully,he should resign.

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 29, 2016
I Think They Overscored Him.

3 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by beautycrush24(f): 12:52pm On May 29, 2016
How is Agric fair? When have we ever had to buy 3pcs of tomato for N200? undecided

3 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 29, 2016
grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#EndSARS Protester Tattoos Date Of Lekki Tollgate Shooting On His Chest (Photo) / Panama Papers: Bukola Saraki Says He Won't Resign / Mary Leonard Brokered Deal To Free Dasuki And Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.