Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,462 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office (38504 Views)

Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper / Watch Video Of Lai Mohammed & Adeosun On Channels TV On Buhari's 1yr In Office / ​ 1yr In Office: FG Appreciates Nigerians For Their Support, Perseverance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by MRSALT: 2:02pm On May 29, 2016
Orikinla:

I beg to disagree.
What you are seeing is CORRUPTION is fighting back.
President Muhammadu Buhari has refused to bend backwards to the political whims of the political sponsors of his presidential campaign. They want to call a dog a bad name in order to hang it before the end of his first term in office.
They are political power brokers in the south west and one of them still wants to be the next President of Nigeria in 2019. Alhaji Abubakar Atiku of APC and Senator David Mark of PDP are desperate to become the next President. But the great OBJ wants an Igbo man to succeed Buhari.
Did the corrupt men tell him not to form an economic team with a workable roadmap? As the President of the nation, why has he not arrested those sabotaging his government. Abeg pack well

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by gurunlocker: 2:12pm On May 29, 2016
Even those that are marked fair were GEJ work, still they can't maintain it....

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Dmano: 2:19pm On May 29, 2016
Wake me up when he release d list of looters
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Acme77: 2:22pm On May 29, 2016
[/b] bigboss80s
[b]
Unfortunately, this present minister of finance has been reduced to a paymaster when she should be letting us all know the economic direction of the country under this administration.

The above is so true

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by bassydue(m): 3:02pm On May 29, 2016
Goddex:
This is PUNCH Newspaper's scorecard of President Buhari's 1yr in office . . .

http://www.punchng.com/buharis-scorecard-stakeholders-rate-president-low/
I have said it before and I will continue to say it, His Excellency President Good luck Ebele Jonathan still remain the best president Nigerian ever had. Take it or live it.

2 Likes

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by alowonle02(m): 3:07pm On May 29, 2016
Ratello:
IT IS FINISHED! Buhari and his APC's are making Jonathan look like an economy manager and PDP a better alternative. With these, APC is silently campaigning for PDP's strong come back.
I jst dey sit down laff you. Where did PDP go to dt u nw expect them to come back perhaps ur house. Nigerians are obviously know d different between Nigeria of yesterday and today. We know dt predicament sourrounding us now iz temporary and will soon vanish into thin air. May Almighty Allah not let us witness any regime dat would be like dat PDP regime in dis country again. Ameen.
May Almighty bless Nigeria.
May God Almighty bless President Muhammad Buhari Administration and guide them to pilot d affairs of dis country to a greater high.
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 29, 2016
Bad market
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 29, 2016
Orikinla:
I will rate President Buhari on his implementation of his first budget in office.
We forget that he spent billions of dollars on bailouts of state governments owing workers' salaries and also federal ministries owing salaries former President Goodluck Jonathan failed to pay before he left last year.
People should be reasonable and not making uninformed comments.

Miopism means majoring in your minor.

SMH
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Redman44(m): 3:16pm On May 29, 2016
I have read all the comments on this thread. If I have to make my own observations and comments about Buhari's 1st year in office, Nigerians will storm Aso Rock and chase him and Osinbajo out of the Place. Let me just reserve my comments. Cheers.
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by berrystunn(m): 3:21pm On May 29, 2016
Orikinla:
I will rate President Buhari on his implementation of his first budget in office.
We forget that he spent billions of dollars on bailouts of state governments owing workers' salaries and also federal ministries owing salaries former President Goodluck Jonathan failed to pay before he left last year.

I disagree with you.
Policy makes govt
Bad economy team kills govt
Buhari Bad monetary policy is killing Nigeria, in the name of fighting corruption.

Some international airline planning to stop Soon,
Look Buhari was handed over:-
- $30billion in our Foreign Reserves,
- $2.5billion Sovereign Wealth Fund,
- $1.4billion in the ECA,
- $4.65b back taxes from NLNG.
- Buhari met an approved budget of N4.5trillion Budget.
On top of that Under one yr Nigeria is facing high level of hardship.

What do you mean my workers' salaries. Simply tell me there was no state allocation for one year, that why the state did not pay works. Please
Ask the state govt. Not GEJ.
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:22pm On May 29, 2016
Goddex:
My surprise is, even PUNCH, a very strong pro-APC media outfit could not defend their master anylonger.

Hahahaha
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by mikolo80: 3:38pm On May 29, 2016
BlackPeni5:
This is really poor. If my pikin get this kind result, na better cane him go chop. Buhari deserves proper caning to reset his brain.
beht exam never finish na. 3 more years to go. plenty of time . and na una go de beg am to stay by 2019, just watch
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by mikolo80: 3:39pm On May 29, 2016
BlackPeni5:
This is really poor. If my pikin get this kind result, na better cane him go chop. Buhari deserves proper caning to reset his brain.
exam never finish. just watch as all of una fair-weather voters go change mouth in 2019.
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by mikolo80: 3:43pm On May 29, 2016
bigboss80s:
I thought PUNCH was a pro-APC media outfit.
It's beginning to seem like APC was really unprepared for power.
The plummeting oil price does not help their case.
I dont envy Buhari i'm sure he doesn't envy himself.
The president has now seen that Nigeria is not as easy to run as he thought when he was criticising Jonathan.

Buhari needs to first accept responsibility and stop blaming past administrations. We elected him to fix their mistakes.

Next, he must put together a competent, credible economic team that would be respected. Unfortunately this present minister of finance has been reduced to a paymaster when she should be letting us all know the economic direction of the country under this administration.

The government is too focused on corruption that it has forgotten that it's main job is to cater for the citizens. Unfortunately even though the war on corruption has received so much media attention, we have seen few, if any, convictions.

To run a country you don't have to be the best at everything. You just need to have the best people in your team. Buhari's much anticipated team ended up being a compensation party for allies and friends.
how do you cater when your ministers think it's business as usual and are looting anyhow. you cannot fetch water inside basket with fork.that's why kwarrupshin fighting is paramount. and since he cannot bite the finger that fed him he has to bite pdp so the fear of being bitten in return if they ever smell power again will ensure apc works hard not to lose. so when he gives orders they will be followed
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by mikolo80: 3:46pm On May 29, 2016
Goddex:

Honestly. All they do currently in Agric Ministry is to dip hands into silos constructed by Akinwunmi Adesina/GEJ. No initiative of their own
how many price don come down since them dip hand in the inconsequential silo. you funny, country that should have millions if not billions of tons of grain reserve, you're celebrating a few thousand tons. na wa for your quantitative aptitude o
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by mayorchelsea(m): 3:48pm On May 29, 2016
wow...Isn't it the same punch that is a propaganda medium of The APC?How come it is now reliable?When headlines echoes some people sentiments,it's fine and when it doesn't, the government has bought them over.
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Gkemz: 4:01pm On May 29, 2016
Buhari is a monumental failure. Its only a fool who can doubt that when however the fact is clear.
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 29, 2016
Orikinla:

Almighty God opened many doors of favour for many Nigerians in the first year..
We can travel to the north without fear of Boko Haram attacking our cars and buses on the road.
Corruption is no longer the order of the day.
Dude, are you okay? Why can't you call a spade a spade? In your all sense of honesty, has this present administration faired well to you? Good governance is not all about fighting corruption and Boko Haram. It's all about adhering to the rule of law, making informed decisions, healthy, comprehensive and adequate policies that would propel the country to a greater height. And in 365 days in the office, I haven't seen or heard Buhari doing any of these things. What he has succeeded in doing is strangling the little remaining life out of Nigeria. Let us not allow ethnicity, bigotry and political affiliations to be-cloud our sense of reasoning and fair judgment.

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by cuteemperor(m): 4:11pm On May 29, 2016
Orikinla:

So you trying to convince or confuse us that buhari spent all the money that was suppose to be used for developing Nigeria in the last 365 days on bailout.... And that is an informed comment right... Do u even know that this same bailout you talking about isn't a gift, and it is been deducted from the affected states monthly allocation....
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by southpole: 4:17pm On May 29, 2016
Under what conditions did buhari meet those sectors before the rating?
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by ezinwaJesu(m): 4:19pm On May 29, 2016
#Analysis of Hardship for all Zombies!

2004 Toyota corolla = $4,000
Shipping cost from US = $ 1200

Custom duty = 35% of $4,000 @ 285 naira per dollar official exchange rate.

Duty= 0.35 × 4,000 × 285 = #399,000.

Total cost of clearing= Duty + other freight charges = 3990k + 120,000= #519,000

Total cost of buying and shipping using black market rate= $5200 × 340 = #1,768,000

Total landing cost for 2004 Toyota corolla = # 519,000 + #1,768,000 = #2,287,000.

Importer will make profit. Hence: Cost price + Profit = Selling Price.

2,287,000 + 180,000 = #2,467,000. only.

As from June 2016, a fairly used Tincan cleared 2004 Toyota corolla will sell for approximately #2,400,000. except for smuggled cars from Cotonou.

A lot of blind followers will not understand what is befalling us, but I pray they don't wake up in Venezuela.

Nigerians brace up for the hour has come!!!

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Mbediogu(m): 4:29pm On May 29, 2016
Goddex:
This is PUNCH Newspaper's scorecard of President Buhari's 1yr in office . . .

http://www.punchng.com/buharis-scorecard-stakeholders-rate-president-low/

I am not a Buhari apologist but the fact is that he needs money to do all these things. If it is true that he took over an empty treasury, then it stands to logic that he, Buhari is tackling the first obstacle on his way which is making funds available. And how best can that be done in a mono economy in which oil price is plummeting than recovering looted money? I think breathing down the old man's at the speed and rate we are doing amounts to distraction. Moreover he has about three years ahead of him. In the end, he will do well in some areas and still leave grounds for post incumbency criticisms. Some money will still be misused and misappropriated, if not by him by his lieutenants. That is normal.
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by ayindejimmy(m): 4:31pm On May 29, 2016
Ratello:
IT IS FINISHED! Buhari and his APC's are making Jonathan look like an economy manager and PDP a better alternative. With these, APC is silently campaigning for PDP's strong come back.

Take it easy! This is a continuous assessment.
I once had 14 in a CA and got a B in the course.
So let's keep assessing. We never did all these in PDP's era. That shows people are wiser and less tolerant now
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by annnikky(f): 4:32pm On May 29, 2016
Y did they rate agriculture fair it suppose to be very very poor, hw much is tomatoes in d mkt, hw much is yam in mkt talk more of plantain..

All he's clamouring on is corruption! corruption!! corruption!!! While the poor citizens r there suffering even the zombies around him doesn't advice to him on d way forward of the countries economy.

One year in d office n nothing to show for it, instead of things getting better rather is getting worst by d day...

Bubu use ur head ooo
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by ajebuter(f): 4:37pm On May 29, 2016
bettercreature:
What Happened to 2015 budget? how can you keep 3 trilion in TSA without spending it? everything is just wrong about this government

Bros, even you sef don vex for Buhari ni?
cheesy
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Ratello: 4:38pm On May 29, 2016
ayindejimmy:

Take it easy! This is a continuous assessment.
I once had 14 in a CA and got a B in the course.
So let's keep assessing. We never did all these in PDP's era. That shows people are wiser and less tolerant now
Let me engage you my brother. Nigeria got it all wrong running with this expensive system of democracy (Presidential System), it is a system that encourages wastefulness and favouritism plus gross corruption; Nigeria got it wrong by running a consuming economy rather than a producing one; Nigeria got it wrong when you have a President who is cocky and stylishly arrogant, Buhari must learn to be a listening President; Nigeria got it wrong when a President who is willing to stamp out corruption yet still have corrupt people around him as Ministers. My brother you be the judge, I am a hardcore REALIST not an IDEALIST!
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by dragonking2: 4:56pm On May 29, 2016
ITbomb:
I've had enough

Meanwhile One year of Goodluck Jonathan

MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE JONATHAN ADMINISTRATION
Aviation:
Total Radar Coverage of Nigeria (TRACON) project completed in 2010,
Nigeria now has a US Category 1 Certificate, the highest aviation certificate granted by the U.S. allowing any Nigerian registered aircraft to fly direct to any U.S. city.
Massive rehabilitation of Federal Airports.

The Economy
Improvement in Economic Indices - In October 2011 International Ratings agency, Fitch Ratings revised the country’s Outlook upwards from Negative to Stable.

Standard and Poor’s another internationally respected and independent ratings agency, revised Nigeria's ratings from stable to Positive.
Signing into law the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Bill 2010 (Local Content Bill) which has increased Local Content in the Oil and Gas sector.

Launched the NigComSat-1Rsatellite

Nigeria’s banking industry rescued and stabilized by the establishment of the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON) in the year 2010.

MasterCard made Nigeria its regional headquarters for its West/East and Indian Ocean islands zone raising the profile of Nigeria’s e-commerce industry.

Nigeria’s GDP grew by a record 8.29% during the last quarter of 2010 and by over 7% in 2011. In the first quarter of 2012 Nigeria had verifiably become the fourth fastest growing economy in the world as recently attested to by several multilateral bodies and trading partners.

Revival of the Textile industry via the 150 billion Naira Textile Industry Bailout.

Oil and Gas
National Refineries Special Task Force inaugurated in February 2012 to ensure Nigeria's refineries are running at optimal levels.
Production of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) at the Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company, (KRPC) hit a 10-year high of over 2.5 million litres per day.

Militancy curbed in the Niger Delta leading to a 20% increase in activities of the oil and gas industry which has multiplier effects on the economy.

Fuel queues are a thing of the past in today’s Nigeria and public and private efforts are ongoing to expand Nigeria’s refining capacity.

Nigeria conducted an election that was universally acclaimed as Nigeria’s freest, fairest and most credible elections till date in April 2011.

See all the achievements between 2009 and 2011 here
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=276227849393868&id=100010199646791
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by coolscott(m): 5:13pm On May 29, 2016
Orikinla:
Almighty God knows you are the real ZOMBIE.
We are in May, and I have paid all those who worked for me. And I created jobs you cannot create in the Nigerian film industry and I paid graduates you can never afford to pay. I am the Publisher/Editor of the Nollywood Mirror series, the leading publication on the Nigerian film industry and won an award for publishing. I have just produced and directed a major documentary as my contribution to the Golden Jubilee of Lagos state.
You are beneath me forever.; D
Revealing your identity here? I wouldn't have done that. Bad move

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by Dainikel(m): 5:17pm On May 29, 2016
O yea even Punch could not even punch off the (1year in office) epic abysmal failure of the so called 'change' messiah undecided
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by mrkings84(m): 5:24pm On May 29, 2016
I was just very down, but this news have just made my day!!!
THE TRUTHS ARE BEGINNING TO COME OUT FROM REAL SOURCES.
Re: PUNCH Newspaper Rates President Buhari's 1yr In Office by winivogue: 5:52pm On May 29, 2016
Orikinla:
[size=28pt] It is idiotic to rate a President who is yet to execute his first budget in office. [/size]]

Zombie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Military Delegates Inspect Assorted Weapons & Rifles In Pakistan. PICS / Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me / Military Kills 50 Boko Haram Insurgents In Mafa, Dikwa, Kala; Rescue 500 (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.