Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,237 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me (38448 Views)

Monsurat Ojuade: Police Dismiss Samuel Philips For Murder Of 18-Year-Old Girl / Jumoke Oyeleke Buried In Lagos (Pictures) / I Defected To ADC, Not Because Of Buhari Senator Monsurat Recants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
Yoruba Nation: Police threatened to shoot me when I demanded my 14-year-old daughter’s corpse – Victim’s widowed mother

Yoruba Nation Police threatened to shoot me when I demanded my 14-year-old daughter’s corpse – Victim’s widowed mother

Ifeoluwa Oyeleke, the mother of 14-year-old girl, Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke, who was killed during the Yoruba Nation rally in Lagos on Saturday, says that up until now, she has yet to see the corpse of her child.

She alleged that when she and her brother visited the Police Station where her corpse was believed to have been taken, the policemen on duty threatened to shoot her and her brother on the legs if they didn’t leave immediately.

She added that the policemen also threatened to fire a teargas canister at them. She, however, did not state which Police Station they had visited.

The distraught mother-of-four also disclosed that the victim was her first child.

Jumoke’s body was found sprawled on the ground in a pool of blood, with her stomach ripped apart. This was shortly after policemen had opened fire to disperse those at the rally who were agitating for a separate nation for the Yoruba nation.

The police have, however, denied playing any part in Jumoke’s death, saying that the blood found around her corpse was dry, and that it was an indication that the body was not fresh.

When The PUNCH visited the mother of the deceased girl on Sunday evening, she was barely audible as she narrated her relationship with her late daughter and other issues surrounding their family.

When she found the courage to speak, Ifeoluwa said, “I got a call while I was in Ikeja where I had gone to work.

“When I asked to know what it was about, I was told that there was no issue but that my presence was needed at home.

“It was when I got home that I learnt of what had happened. I was told that the bullet shot by the police killed my daughter.”

Ifeoluwa stated that she had yet to see the corpse of her daughter since she got the news of her death yesterday.

“They’ve not released her corpse to us. I and my brother, under last night’s rain, got there, but were not allowed in. We heard them saying that if we stayed too long, they will shoot our legs and fire a teargas canister at us.

“After a while, my brother discussed with them and they allowed us in to see their Area Commander who said he heard that shots were fired but that he didn’t know which station the officers behind it came from. “

“He said this could be determined when the extracted bullet is examined.”

When asked if the police had told her anything about her daughter’s corpse, she said no, adding that she didn’t know where they took it to.

She stated that she would love to have a lawyer who would help her seek justice concerning the death of her daughter.

Speaking further, Ifeoluwa revealed that Jumoke was an apprentice at an ice cream shop and had just concluded Junior Secondary School education.

“She usually sat in the shop and never hawked.

“She had three siblings who are all girls. Her dad is dead,” she said; adding, “Jumoke was a good girl who hardly got annoyed; she was hard working.

“Anyone who can rise to our defence should please do,”
she pleaded.

PUNCH

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Leybari: 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2021
Is it not Nigeria police again? grin what were you expecting? Sorry? ?? ? ? ?

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Kewtt: 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2021
shocked
Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Equal2DeTask(m): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2021

There was a country

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Bola146(f): 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
I pity those people marrying those people, they are already cursed!!!! They don't have any human feelings at all.... Haba! Human being like you!!!! I pity the outcome of their wives and children cry cry

228 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by nairalandankrah: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
Am not surprised! It's the zoo police

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Guestlander: 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2021
The body snatchers at work again: Endsars; bodies stolen, Sunday Igboho's home; bodies stolen, Yoruba nation rally in Lagos; body of a young girl stolen!

219 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Diamondniyi(m): 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2021
We have to question the NPF for this. What are they doing with the corpses. You kill people and still go away with their corpses. Abi werey won fi’n shey money ritual nii?

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by limeta(f): 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
Only if you could turn back time
it all started in 2015.

162 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by awujale231: 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
It's a slave nation Y'all

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Megatrix: 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2021
fergie0o1:

“After a while, my brother discussed with them and they allowed us in to see their Area Commander who said he heard that shots were fired but that he didn’t know which station the officers behind it came from. “

“He said this could be determined when the extracted bullet is examined.”

Can you believe this pathetic police people? After saying yesterday that it was stab wound, they are now talking of examining the extracted bullet. Abi bullet has started coming out of knife now?

145 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by slimfit1(m): 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2021
Haque should prepare a case and a place for the president, the governor and the commissioner of police. If this country is going to remain together those people the police officers IG, DSS boss must face human rights violations charges.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by aanuoluwami14(f): 6:31pm On Jul 04, 2021
cry Is there any sane person in Nigeria force?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by helinuesIsaMumu: 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2021
It's high time patrotic Nigerian start operation Annihilate the Police. They re very evil and wicked and shouldn't be allowed to continue with their evil ways. I am soo pissed right now.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by duro4chang(m): 6:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
Man inhumanity to man. You denied killing the inocent girl and you went away with the corpse. God will judge you all.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Mossadd: 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2021
X
Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by thundafire: 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
But I believe she was stabbed rather than shot. No bullet can tear cloth like dat
Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Mossadd: 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
Very useless and worthless people, perhaps they want to eat the dead body

8 Likes

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Eriokanmi: 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
Aye won ti baję. But they issued fake statement that the girl wasn't shot and killed by them despite the video and picture of the girl's body which went viral as shared on the Internet yesterday. Just tell me you're a child or an associate of Nigeria police, na sack i go sack you straight from my company. They're our worst enemies. Police is your friend my foot.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by lexy2014: 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
helinuesIsaMumu:
It's high time patrotic Nigerian start operation Annihilate the Police. They re very evil and wicked and shouldn't be allowed to continue with their evil ways

But that was what d UGM were doing in d east

5 Likes

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by BigDawsNet: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
Proudly Shiithole Country tongue

2 Likes

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by nairanaira12: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
Every southerner who is rejoicing over the evil perpetrated by the Buhari government via the police, little do you know that you are signing off your peace and the destiny of your children.

Every southern Muslim that thinks oneness of Nigeria will help promote Islam, believe me, you are among the dumbest on earth.

The fulanis are only using Islam as a cover up to dominate, oppress and deceive. You, the southern Muslim, who is supporting him, will also be dominated, oppressed and deceived.

If you are a Yoruba Muslim, I still wonder how you easily fail to learn a lesson from Afonja. Why is your memory so short?!

The Fulani man is more feudal than religious. He is only practicing feudalism religiously.

If you sell your tribe to him because of his pretentious Islam, you will have yourself to blame.

The likes of Tinubu and Asari Dokubo will regret their decisions to sell the south to fulanis. They think they can court favor from the Fulanis, not knowing that the fulanis don't favour anybody except themselves.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by CasNova: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
NIGERIA POLICE FORCE NEED A LOT IN CIVILITY.

1 Like

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Muyiwaipere(m): 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
I wonder if this policemen are not Nigerians or where they transferred in from Chad ?
Abi them sef no Dey feel the heat of this government

7 Likes

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by vincentjk(m): 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
A lawless country where you sue the police, government or the president and they won't even show up in court talk more of tendering an apology for their mistakes.

If them catch u where u dey sue dem u sef go hear wyn.

What a country.

12 Likes

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Newbreed2018: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
Condolences to the bereaved. Take heart mama.

See how the caliphate is taking over our beroved Lagos state.

Our Yoloba elders have all gone mute. Tinubu, osinbade, bakare, soyinka, etc now I believe we yoruba's are cowards, ants, two faced lily livered mushrooms.
Na only mouth we get. Like someone up there stated, our road to perdition started in 2015 when we yoruba's swore with our lives that even if Buhari present bread certificates we will vote for him.

I spit on my yoruba tribe! Cowards that cannot fight.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by fourboys: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
But why do Nigerian police likes killing inocent people ?

1 Like

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
when will all these end in this country sef

2 Likes

Re: Jumoke Monsurat Oyeleke's Mother: Police Threatened To Shoot Me by VillagePipu: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
Tell us the Police station and tell us the name of just one or 2 of the Policemen. The Police need to be reminded that they are bound by laws.

30 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi / Worst Governor And Slowest Developing States In Nigeria / Prof.osibanjo & Wife Accredited In Vgc(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.