Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote (44092 Views)

22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) / Single Mother Describes The Joystick Of Her Neighbour's Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by reemix123(m): 3:19pm On May 29, 2016
It is always terrible when parents use their kids as a Political Football. If this note is genuine the mother is a terrible person if she took the note. The child will end up with all sorts of psychological problems. If someone brought such a note to me I would have some strong words to say. After all when the parents were looking each other in eye saying how they loved each other the child was not there.

2 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by tibaonnet: 3:21pm On May 29, 2016
contactmorak:
Human right activist, Joe Odumakin shared this note purportedly written by a 9-year-old girl during a counselling session in which she used unpalatable words to describe her father. She wrote "I hate my dad. He is a horrible, a bad father, betrayer, liar, idiot, stupid, wicked, mad, extremely stupid and wicked. I hate him". Wow!

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/05/joe-odumakin-shares-note-written-by-9.html
I have one word for you young girl; what goes around comes around.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by laikas: 3:21pm On May 29, 2016
at times the hatred is built in the heart of children by their mothers, women can be funny u no, if we have to dig deeper we would be shock to find out that these man loves his child so much buh the woman aint giving him the space, maybe he hurt her in the past and to pay him back she's turning the child's heart away from the man.

still some men are wicked, devils incarnates. nothing is impossible in these our wonderful planet earth.

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by placeofallure(f): 3:21pm On May 29, 2016
Mindfulness:

Ask her mother. grin

Did you just say ask the mum? Whatever for? A nine year old already has a mind of her own. Whatever poo is going on in that house is not lost on the child. Stop underrating children, some of them are way more brainy than adults. A smart child knows even when the mum tries to make excuses for the dad. The dad should just amend his ways and look for means to pacify the child, this hatred is deep!

2 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 29, 2016
lifezone247:
I'm sure the daddy loves her.
shut up your mouth, shut the fvck up you idi0t, do you live in thier house?
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 29, 2016
ladyF:
I'm probably the only one with a contrary view here... A 9 - year old wrote this? That's someone in primary 4 or 5 right? That vocabulary for someone in primary 4? shocked lol

Ahh ann. Fear God na!!! I'm not deceived abeg! angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
madam, i knew all those words in her text before i turned 8
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by eyinjuege: 3:28pm On May 29, 2016
aperture11:

While the dad could be a terrible person, a good mother would find a way to make sure the child is shielded from MOST of it. She would always TRY to paint a picture of things being rosy to the child otherwise the child grows up thinking all men are like her dad and generally has mistrust towards all men.

She most likely learnt those words from her mother's description of her father and there may be a lot more to the story. Not excusing the heartless man though.

But children are not blind, nor deaf, nor dumb, nor stupid either.

Did you see where she says she hates seeing her parents fight?
She must have seen the parents fight a lot with a lot of physical violence and the children are possibly not often exempt from the violence.
The vocabulary of some sharp 4year olds are better than this, so such words from a 9year old isn't a big deal, she doesn't need to learn from anyone to have such a vocab. The only word there that a regular 5 year old may not know the meaning is betrayer talk less of a 9 year old child on her way to secondary school.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by ADEMOSU(m): 3:29pm On May 29, 2016
tongue
contactmorak:
Human right activist, Joe Odumakin shared this note purportedly written by a 9-year-old girl during a counselling session in which she used unpalatable words to describe her father. She wrote "I hate my dad. He is a horrible, a bad father, betrayer, liar, idiot, stupid, wicked, mad, extremely stupid and wicked. I hate him". Wow!

What has the activist done to educate the child . behind this written words the mothers Training needs to be assessed

The child can perceived the father to be wicked ,and a liar but saying the father is an idiot or stupid its like she is either been brain washed on ignorant . so if the father is truly bad the mother's training is terrible .

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by laikas: 3:30pm On May 29, 2016
tibaonnet:

I have one word for you young girl; what goes around comes around.
the child is innocent, she is just 9 years old. That seed of hatred might have been planted into her by someone, even if the man possesses all the traits she mentioned. these are words she heard from an older person describing her father.

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Boss13: 3:31pm On May 29, 2016
A clear evidence of a dysfunctional home. I guess the mother would be excited not being aware that she has also created a monster.

The psychological effect of this can be overwhelming, if only selfish parents would consider their actions. I would blame the mother critically and seriously because a fight takes two and not particularly one sided, however, the mother has succeeded to make a devil out of the man and that is the way the young child perceives her father
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by laikas: 3:31pm On May 29, 2016
placeofallure:

Did you just say ask the mum? Whatever for? A nine year old already has a mind of her own. Whatever poo is going on in that house is not lost on the child. Stop underrating children, some of them are way more brainy than adults. A smart child knows even when the mum tries to make excuses for the dad. The dad should just amend his ways and look for means to pacify the child, this hatred is deep!
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 29, 2016
ladyF:
I'm probably the only one with a contrary view here... A 9 - year old wrote this? That's someone in primary 4 or 5 right? That vocabulary for someone in primary 4? shocked lol

I was in JSS 1 when I was nine; and my vocabulary was way more advanced than hers. In fact, i couldn't write gibberish like this

2 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by faites(f): 3:34pm On May 29, 2016
ladyF:

Yes, a 9 year old can write that. My senior sister sat for common entrance at age 9 and she passed.

Children of these days are very smart.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 29, 2016
placeofallure:

Like I said, we don't know the story behind the scenes.

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by olugrayc(f): 3:37pm On May 29, 2016
[left][/left]
ladyF:

At 9 years i would have spelt 'stupid' correctly.thanks to the drilling by my dad and mum(that was in the 90's).you should see the books these children read these days,you will know that the writer is not even that bright.They pass notes to each other in class and trust me you don't want to read what's in them.you will be chilled to the bones.I'm a teacher and I have learnt never to underrate children.

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by chigoizie7(m): 3:40pm On May 29, 2016
SweetieConstie:
@OP, woz ur own naa?

Must you also be FTC?angry

BTW, that little girl needs to take a chill pill biko!undecided The father should try to be nicer too... Cuz it's quite dangerous for a child to have that manner of hatred towards her father at such a young age!undecided

That little girl got to know all those dirty words from someone, probably from the mother, I mean, @ such age, she shouldn't be talking like that if someone is not telling her all those.

Can u imagine a parent telling d child, ur father/mother is an idiot, silly fool, wicked and all sorts of other degrading names? It is akin to what happened in this little girls case.

Those human rights people should find out who taught that little girl all those words, the person who poisoned her soul and mind, that person should be in detention by now.

3 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by laikas: 3:42pm On May 29, 2016
placeofallure:

yes she has a mind of her own, guy buh dis words she used she had heard them from someone older if not her mum.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by nonix22(m): 3:43pm On May 29, 2016
safarigirl:
This one na ajebo pikin....pako children are mostly indifferent towards misbehaving fathers
forget o. I've personally witnessed one frm a pako child of d same age as above. If you see note she wrote; all man enter voicmail. The dad fights with the mum both verbal and physically. wouldn't allow her engage in any petty or d likes. the little he earns is nvr seen or felt at home. If he comea around and you help him with foodstuffs and co for d family- we don't know if him dey divert the whole resourses some where. The kids are absent from sch in greater part within a term due to unpaid sch fees. And this guy kept getting his wife present year on year as if she was a chicken till they were up to five in this hard times. Most times these kids wont't eat till 12 noon just to av more food for d night. evn the kid of less than 2 yrs dey follow do ds rubbish. One of the kids evn resorted to stealing or shud I say taking meat from the pot due to hunger ie he has accrued b4 the 12 pm breakfast. mctweee
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by laikas: 3:45pm On May 29, 2016
ADEMOSU:
tongue

What has the activist done to educate the child . behind this written words the mothers Training needs to be assessed

The child can perceived the father to be wicked ,and a liar but saying the father is an idiot or stupid its like she is either been brain washed on ignorant . so if the father is truly bad the mother's training is terrible .
thank you. just my point. the mum.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by chigoizie7(m): 3:47pm On May 29, 2016
olugrayc:
[left][/left]
At 9 years i would have spelt 'stupid' correctly.thanks to the drilling by my dad and mum(that was in the 90's).you should see the books these children read these days,you will know that the writer is not even that bright.They pass notes to each other in class and trust me you don't want to read what's in them.you will be chilled to the bones.I'm a teacher and I have learnt never to underrate children.

Yes, but for a child of 9yrs to write all those? My dear she was instigated indirectly.

U know that scenario of " mum, where is dad"? And the mum will be like, "baby, don't mind that silly man,don't mind that fool, don't mind that wicked man, he must be drinking out by now,if he had loved u, he would have been here for u" and all that.

And constant repetition of such language poisoned the little girls mind. @ 9yrs, she already knows what it means for her dad to be silly? Wicked? Useless? And all that? On her own? I don't think so. Someone made her see the dad in such light. I am not saying that the dad is not bad, NOPE, but the person that poisoned the little girls mind did a greater damage than he/she thought.

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by laikas: 3:51pm On May 29, 2016
eyinjuege:

But children are not blind, nor deaf, nor dumb, nor stupid either.

Did you see where she says she hates seeing her parents fight?
She must have seen the parents fight a lot with a lot of physical violence and the children are possibly not often exempt from the violence.
The vocabulary of some sharp 4year olds are better than this, so such words from a 9year old isn't a big deal, she doesn't need to learn from anyone to have such a vocab. The only word there that a regular 5 year old may not know the meaning is betrayer talk less of a 9 year old child on her way to secondary school.
yes they are neither blind nor deaf. buh those very strong words were from her mom. shikina.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by eyinjuege: 4:02pm On May 29, 2016
Nusaf:

For a 9 yr old to be able to write like this, she must have been attending a good school and the dad is most likely paying the bills. My thought is that the dad may be the no nonsense type disciplinarian.

How do you know who's paying her school fees? How do you know the dad is not a drunk / drug addict or the likes? A lot of people were raised by no nonsense disciplinarian fathers, but they still grew up with true respect and love for such a father.
Being a disciplinarian doesn't mean you must be wicked or violent.
A thread was opened recently by a young man who hated his father, and many other people on that thread shared horrible memories about their parents(dads, and mums), Obviously no respect for such.
Parents have a lot of responsibility towards their wards, and we must ensure their mental, physical and emotional needs are met.
The idea of assault on children in order to correct them must stop. Note- I use the term assault cos when you beat your child, you assault them.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Mbediogu(m): 4:05pm On May 29, 2016
contactmorak:

Another insecure wife setting the kids against their father. Such venom from an unprompted and unprogrammed 9year old? I bet my undies. Hell no!

2 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by eyinjuege: 4:22pm On May 29, 2016
chigoizie7:

Yes, but for a child of 9yrs to write all those? My dear she was instigated indirectly.

U know that scenario of " mum, where is dad"? And the mum will be like, "baby, don't mind that silly man,don't mind that fool, don't mind that wicked man, he must be drinking out by now,if he had loved u, he would have been here for u" and all that.

And constant repetition of such language poisoned the little girls mind. @ 9yrs, she already knows what it means for her dad to be silly? Wicked? Useless? And all that? On her own? I don't think so. Someone made her see the dad in such light. I am not saying that the dad is not bad, NOPE, but the person that poisoned the little girls mind did a greater damage than he/she thought.

Why do you guys think someone poisoned the child's mind? Pls, let's give credit to these children. They are not slow!
They can perceive when something is wrong! They see their neighbor's parents don't fight, they don't come home drunk, they don't beat them, they watch African magic,like seriously they are very much aware of what's going on.
Parents on this forum can testify to that. Younger children have been known to say some powerful statements to their parents that you can't help but wonder who taught them, but the truth is they are more intelligent than we give them credit for.
The issue of the mum training them, its the responsibility of both mum and dad to instil the right values in children.
It would be interesting to ask the opinion of those guys on the other thread that claimed to hate their fathers if their mums poisoned their minds against their fathers. And those that hated their mums if anyone poisoned their minds against them.
At least they're grown men now, and are more objective.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by AllsufficientGod: 4:31pm On May 29, 2016
whatever a child sees happening in her environment forms her opinion so this little girl has had very bad experiences at home. She was not brainwashed by anyone. Such father should fear God and amend his ways.

2 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by eyinjuege: 4:33pm On May 29, 2016
Btruth:
The mother certainly has a re-building role to play between the little girl and her father. Otherwise, how do you interpret this kind of ash words from a child to her father? angry

I think this statement should be redirected to the FATHER. To begin to rebuild his relationship with his children. Before it gets too late.
There are some battles highhandedness, or violence can never win.
Respect is earned and it can't be commanded/forced.
Money cannot buy the respect or love of your child either.

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by CioAngels(f): 4:44pm On May 29, 2016
contactmorak:
sad

SEE THE FULL NOTEĀ» http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/05/joe-odumakin-shares-note-written-by-9.html
My lovely daughter, does your father have a second wife, or is your mother the second wife?
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 29, 2016
A child didn't write that!

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by lifezone247(m): 4:57pm On May 29, 2016
sexfabregas:

shut up your mouth, shut the fvck up you idi0t, do you live in thier house?
OMG! All this insult cos I say dady loves her? Someone can not make his opinion comment again? May God forgive you,

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Btruth: 5:04pm On May 29, 2016
eyinjuege:

I think this statement should be redirected to the FATHER. To begin to rebuild his relationship with his children. Before it gets too late.
There are some battles highhandedness, or violence can never win.
Respect is earned and it can't be commanded/forced.
Money cannot buy the respect or love of your child either.
agreed.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 29, 2016
lifezone247:
OMG! All this insult cos I say dady loves her? Someone can not make his opinion comment again? May God forgive you,
how the hell is your opinion valid? How can you conclude he loves her?
I believe you grew up in a perfect home, which is why you have the opinion that ALL parents love their kids, believe me sir you are wrong, a 9year old girl should be smart enough to analyse anybodys behaviour to her or generally, what am i even saying, even a 4month old dog can identify good persons from bad after staying with them for a short time, so what are you saying? Some parents really deserve to be childless for abt 20years or so. If the child finally comes they would value him or her.
Btw i apologise for my uncensored words and insultive language and i am talking from experience. Thanks
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by beblessed(f): 5:13pm On May 29, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
This is heart broken. the dad must have indeed failed in caring for the emotional and mental needs of the child hence her strange outburst. how the heck can a nine year old has these insultive words in her brain? well the father is to be blame too.

can a nine year old actually use those words? I feel she is mimicking her mum. Dad must be very mean to her mum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Have Stronger Women And Weaker Men Now!! / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / Adoption Is Not Worth It At All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.