Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote (44102 Views)

22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) / Single Mother Describes The Joystick Of Her Neighbour's Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 29, 2016
AllsufficientGod:
whatever a child sees happening in her environment forms her opinion so this little girl has had very bad experiences at home. She was not brainwashed by anyone. Such father should fear God and amend his ways.
God bless you for this
lifezone247 you shld see this
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by AllsufficientGod: 5:37pm On May 29, 2016
Children witness every thing that goes on in the home and actually know who is the problem. They have eyes and ears for crying out loud. Parents should be careful of their behavior n actions cos kids are naturally sensitive and if as a father you are rude and maltreat the mother of your kids, i bet you will reap the fruits in the fullness of time. Mothers please try your best to shield your children from negative happenings at home.

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Ochyglowsglows(f): 6:06pm On May 29, 2016
@ all sufficient God, thanks for that statement. @ ladyF and KgDavid, i am a teacher, av been a teacher for quite some time now. And I tell u, kids of this age are really smart. Really really smart. I have one of my student who loves to read a lot, and i told her parents to encourage her, she saw Chimamanda's purple hibiscus, and asked for me to let her read it, BTW, Sharon was just 8 then, no exaggeration, her dad bought her a copy. And 2 weeks later, she narrated d story to me. I d v used someone else to illustrate this, probably my neighbor, but u guys might say, I may not know what transpires in their home. So I d use my own sister, who I lived with. My 8 year old nephew, woke up one morning and instead of getting dressed for school, said there was no school. His mum and i didn't believe, but after much questioning, he said there was an excursion and those who didn't pay were told not to come to school. My sister asked y, he didn't mention that there was an excursion, and he said mummy cos i know u don't have money, and i gave my daddy the letter they gave us from school and he said it's not compulsory I go for d excursion. Cos he d not pay, i shud ask u to pay, but mummy u don't have money, I overheard u telling aunty Gloria so(me). I was touched and ran down to school to pay for him, cos d dad never mentioned to his mum that the child said anything about the.excursion ,but they had already left. I felt bad. Till date, that boy doesn't ask his dad for any of his needs,if his mum says, tell ur daddy he l give u, the man doesn't even try to help d situation by saying I l give ur mum the money, he bluntly says I don't have, am not paying, go and meet ur mother. Would u say such a kid had his mind poisoned by anyone? As parents, it's d responsibility of both parties to make the children feel loved. Mind u, even a smart 7 year old in primary 2 in a school where he/she is well taught will write those vocabularies and even more. God help us.

2 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Chikwado1991(m): 6:08pm On May 29, 2016
Na who una say write this letter abeg?
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by ladyF(f): 6:12pm On May 29, 2016
Ochyglowsglows:
@ all sufficient God, thanks for that statement. @ ladyF and Kg.David, i am a teacher, av been a teacher for quite some time now. And I tell u, kids of this age are really smart. Really really smart. I have one of my student who loves to read a lot, and i told her parents to encourage her, she saw Chimamanda's purple hibiscus, and asked for me to let her read it, BTW, Sharon was just 8 then, no exaggeration, her dad bought her a copy. And 2 weeks later, she narrated d story to me. I d v used someone else to illustrate this, probably my neighbor, but u guys might say, I may not know what transpires in their home. So I d use my own sister, who I lived with. My 8 year old nephew, woke up one morning and instead of getting dressed for school, said there was no school. His mum and i didn't believe, but after much questioning, he said there was an excursion and those who didn't pay were told not to come to school. My sister asked y, he didn't mention that there was an excursion, and he said mummy cos i know u don't have money, and i gave my daddy the letter they gave us from school and he said it's not compulsory I go for d excursion. Cos he d not pay, i shud ask u to pay, but mummy u don't have money, I overheard u telling aunty Gloria so(me). I was touched and ran down to school to pay for him, cos d dad never mentioned to his mum that the child said anything about the.excursion ,but they had already left. I felt bad. Till date, that boy doesn't ask his dad for any of his needs,if his mum says, tell ur daddy he l give u, the man doesn't even try to help d situation by saying I l give ur mum the money, he bluntly says I don't have, am not paying, go and meet ur mother. Would u say such a kid had his mind poisoned by anyone? As parents, it's d responsibility of both parties to make the children feel loved. Mind u, even a smart 7 year old in primary 2 in a school where he/she is well taught will write those vocabularies and even more. God help us.
Wow!!! This is touching... cry May God give all us all the money to give our kids the best!!!
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by lifezone247(m): 6:23pm On May 29, 2016
sexfabregas:

how the hell is your opinion valid? How can you conclude he loves her?
I believe you grew up in a perfect home, which is why you have the opinion that ALL parents love their kids, believe me sir you are wrong, a 9year old girl should be smart enough to analyse anybodys behaviour to her or generally, what am i even saying, even a 4month old dog can identify good persons from bad after staying with them for a short time, so what are you saying? Some parents really deserve to be childless for abt 20years or so. If the child finally comes they would value him or her.
Btw i apologise for my uncensored words and insultive language and i am talking from experience. Thanks
oh well you may be talking from experience, I may be talking from my experience too, I am a father of 4 and all are girls, the elderly is 10, I so much love them that even the mother got jealous. Jst putting my self in that man's shoes to have love my children so much that I got the note for a return. Bellow are me and my lovely kids playing. After I came bck from work.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Bishop(m): 6:42pm On May 29, 2016
This can only be from abroad pikin....Refer parents for counseling ASAP
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by naniawini(f): 6:47pm On May 29, 2016
True talk
Mindfulness:

Ask her mother. grin
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by JustHere2Observ(f): 6:51pm On May 29, 2016
aperture11:

While the dad could be a terrible person, a good mother would find a way to make sure the child is shielded from MOST of it. She would always TRY to paint a picture of things being rosy to the child otherwise the child grows up thinking all men are like her dad and generally has mistrust towards all men.

She most likely learnt those words from her mother's description of her father and there may be a lot more to the story. Not excusing the heartless man though.

This is most definitely not true, children are intelligent, you can paint false pictures of a happy home and lie to the child but they know when things are not right. No amount of shielding can help.

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 29, 2016
lifezone247:
oh well you may be talking from experience, I may be talking from my experience too, I am a father of 4 and all are girls, the elderly is 10, I so much love them that even the mother got jealous. Jst putting my self in that man's shoes to have love my children so much that I got the note for a return. Bellow are me and my lovely kids playing. After I came bck from work.
this picture just put a big smile on my face, you have a beautiful family sir. I now understand your opinion and i once again apologise for my insultive reply to you, i am deeply sorry sir. I have never taken even one selfie with my father since i was 3years old. I wish he treated me the way you did your own kids, ive totally given up on him and being happy with him, all i live for is working towards my own prosperity and happiness, believe me some people are not just cut out to be parents, but i am sure youre different, may God bless you and your family abundantly.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by lifezone247(m): 7:31pm On May 29, 2016
sexfabregas:

this picture just put a big smile on my face, you have a beautiful family sir. I now understand your opinion and i once again apologise for my insultive reply to you, i am deeply sorry sir. I have never taken even one selfie with my father since i was 3years old. I wish he treated me the way you did your own kids, ive totally given up on him and being happy with him, all i live for is working towards my own prosperity and happiness, believe me some people are not just cut out to be parents, but i am sure youre different, may God bless you and your family abundantly.
oh dear, I'm touched, may you find solace in your endeavors.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by placeofallure(f): 7:58pm On May 29, 2016
ladyF:
I'm probably the only one with a contrary view here... A 9 - year old wrote this? That's someone in primary 4 or 5 right? That vocabulary for someone in primary 4? shocked lol

Ahh ann. Fear God na!!! I'm not deceived abeg! angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

You have this opinion because you are not exposed to issues like this. I am a child psychologist. An incident happened in one of the schools i partner with. A couple had this fight, you know when you've been pilling up a number of issues. Between them this couple have twin boys, 9 year olds just like the girl in question. I asked one of the boys one day why he has been absenting himself from school and a drop in performance as I noticed. I expect he'll tell me he was sick but he just smiled and told me his mum warned him not to disclose to anyone the reason why. I told him it's okay and that it's nice to have him back.

Later that same day, my friend who is his class teacher rushed to my office with a jotter in her hands. She said see what Jake wrote, I took the jotter from her and believe you me, by the time l finished reading, l was in tears. l couldn't hold it back. It was a 5-page narrative of everything. Messy details of how a man came to meet the woman in her matrimonial home, how the husband knew, how the culprit escaped, how the mum asked the boy to lie to the father, the big fight afterwards, the neighborhood's intervention, the husband begging the wife to stay, their forceful eviction from the house by their mum, their discomfort at an uncle's house where they stay now. I could go on and on. The boy finished with this line, "l hate my life now."

This happened late last year. Even after the school intervened the woman insisted on leaving her medical doctor husband. She has since relocated to Canada with the boys maybe to go continue her illicit affairs.
Lady F dear, may be kids in the past are incapable of such but not this jet age. They're simply incredible and not to be taken for granted.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 29, 2016
lifezone247:
oh dear, I'm touched, may you find solace in your endeavors.
Amen, remain blessed sir.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by daryoor03(m): 8:27pm On May 29, 2016
End Time daughter
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by sweetilicious(f): 9:08pm On May 29, 2016
aperture11:

While the dad could be a terrible person, a good mother would find a way to make sure the child is shielded from MOST of it. She would always TRY to paint a picture of things being rosy to the child otherwise the child grows up thinking all men are like her dad and generally has mistrust towards all men.

She most likely learnt those words from her mother's description of her father and there may be a lot more to the story. Not excusing the heartless man though.
That's why we need to teach people how to take care of their children. The child is already damaged. Parents are not supposed to quarell nor fight in the presence of their children.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Ngokafor(f): 9:41pm On May 29, 2016
....I wonder when Nairaland males will grow some sense undecided...see them whinning and talking trash in the name of comments...blaming the girls mother for the innocent child's bad impression about her father...as if that would have been possible if the sorry excuse of a father had lived up to his responsibilties.

...Little wonder there are so many bad fathers around.If you all like,dont mend your bad ways and act right towards your family when you get married.Your child/children will simply grow to hate you and love their mum.

.,A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by numericalguy(m): 9:46pm On May 29, 2016
There kind of situations happens sometimes, and if you dig deep enough, you wouldn't be surprised that the child and the father are the real victims.

There is a possibility that the father once hurt the mom in the past and she's still holding grudges and has successfully poisoned the heart of the little child against her father.

It happens a lot especially on the United States and other western countries. for instance, the US government tries to caution single moms from generating so much hate for their dads and men in general because such children grow to become monsters and a menace to the society.

Women have been known to build so much hate in the hearts of their kids against their dads.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by lifezone247(m): 9:53pm On May 29, 2016
sexfabregas:

Amen, remain blessed sir.
same to you, I love you and I Jst followed you plz do same good night.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 29, 2016
lifezone247:
same to you, I love you and I Jst followed you plz do same good night.
i followed you right back
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by Arsenate(m): 12:58am On May 30, 2016
Ngokafor:

....I wonder when Nairaland males will grow some sense undecided...see them whinning and talking trash in the name of comments...blaming the girls mother for the innocent child's bad impression about her father...as if that would have been possible if the sorry excuse of a father had lived up to his responsibilties.

...Little wonder there are so many bad fathers around.If you all like,dont mend your bad ways and act right towards your family when you get married.Your child/children will simply grow to hate you and love their mum.

.,A word is enough for the wise.
it's not good for a child to grow with hate, you-not-so-smart woman.
It's not beneficial to anyone and it's definitely bad for the society... Just like your constant man-hating comments on nairaland undecided
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by stanmorry(m): 2:45am On May 30, 2016
contactmorak:
Human right activist, Joe Odumakin shared this note purportedly written by a 9-year-old girl during a counselling session in which she used unpalatable words to describe her father. She wrote "I hate my dad. He is a horrible, a bad father, betrayer, liar, idiot, stupid, wicked, mad, extremely stupid and wicked. I hate him". Wow!

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/05/joe-odumakin-shares-note-written-by-9.html
THE LITTLE GIRL's MUM IS THE BRAIN BEHIND THIS... U GUYS SHOULDN'T BE DECEIVED.....MANY WOMEN THINK LURING THEIR KIDS AGAINST THEIR FATHER IS THE BEST AND STANDING WAY TO PROTECT THEIR WICKED AND SELFISH INTEREST...... BIG WOOOOOO TO SUCH WOMEN.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by samhay: 3:55am On May 30, 2016
ladyF:
I'm probably the only one with a contrary view here... A 9 - year old wrote this? That's someone in primary 4 or 5 right? That vocabulary for someone in primary 4? shocked lol

Ahh ann. Fear God na!!! I'm not deceived abeg! angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

Guess u av so many dull kids around you
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote by queenDD(f): 3:19pm On May 30, 2016
Gosh! That's too bad, the dad has a lot of work to do in changing her mindset. I guess the dad quarrels with the mum most times, parents don't know things like that affect their kids psychologically...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / Adoption Is Not Worth It At All / After 5 Years The Prophesy Of Her Real Man Has Come To Pass, "But She Is Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.