Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? (5831 Views)

My Cousin Is Tripping Badly, Please Share Your Experience / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Is It Right To Give A Lady Money After A Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by djraymy(m): 7:40pm On Jun 03, 2016
BrideOfDracula:

Lol, Adam & Eve were not real people. Separate fact from fiction.
real or fiction anyhow but the fact is that we started from just 2 people
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by queencalipso(f): 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Why do you despise that act so passionate

Israelis does marry their cousins, Muslims does,Christians does so where did you get your abhorrence of the act from if I may ask

Christians marry their cousins? Didn't know about that. To your question I don't know where the abhorance was gotten from I only grew up to know its a taboo particularly in Igbo tradition, reason being that both of you still share the same blood. If it wasn't a taboo, I will have love to marry my 10th cousin. 10th cousin oo!!! You see the distance but my mum still shouted abomination when I mentioned it.
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by esejessy(f): 8:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
Nature8:
Your people really need to take you to the hospital to check whether you're alright cos this is not normal..
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by rosieluv(f): 10:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Hey but I could have hardly believe this myth if not coming from someone within

You see,some people don't want to get married to cousins,some have taken it to all village members and probably some will wish to apply to a whole country
then to a whole continent and finally the whole world.Lol

come to think of it is your village that small with very less inhabitants?
am nt gonna argue animore wiv u coz u nt frm my place n u dnt knw my custom n traditions. lets leave it lyk dat
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by rosieluv(f): 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2016
queencalipso:

Christians marry their cousins? Didn't know about that. To your question I don't know where the abhorance was gotten from I only grew up to know its a taboo particularly in Igbo tradition, reason being that both of you still share the same blood. If it wasn't a taboo, I will have love to marry my 10th cousin. 10th cousin oo!!! You see the distance but my mum still shouted abomination when I mentioned it.
hehehehehe so u were eyeing ur cousin abi
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by SuperSupremo(m): 11:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
queencalipso:

In the bible for instance Cane and Abel married their siblings if am right.

If you are an Igbo and its a taboo you don't have to shout so loud here for that matter as cultures and manners of African tribes differs and does not mean one is inferior to the other.

Lol

See them killing you inside for your wish of marrying your 10th cousin,btw cousin is cousin be it the first or the 100th
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by SuperSupremo(m): 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
rosieluv:

am nt gonna argue animore wiv u coz u nt frm my place n u dnt knw my custom n traditions. lets leave it lyk dat
Oh dear

You getting it all wrong

Am not arguing with you,just wondering about the situation at your end and curious to know more
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by rosieluv(f): 11:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Oh dear

You getting it all wrong

Am not arguing with you,just wondering about the situation at your end and curious to know more
n y r u nt sleepin
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by SuperSupremo(m): 11:59pm On Jun 03, 2016
rosieluv:
n y r u nt sleepin
Am in Ghana and its 1 hour less than that of Nigeria

Plus am not used to sleeping early
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by rosieluv(f): 12:00am On Jun 04, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Am in Ghana and its 1 hour less than that of Nigeria

Plus am not used to sleeping early
hmmmm u visiting dere or wat?
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by SuperSupremo(m): 12:02am On Jun 04, 2016
rosieluv:
hmmmm u visiting dere or wat?
Naa

Am a Ghanaian,although will soon be in Nigeria

Hopefully next week or 2
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by rosieluv(f): 12:03am On Jun 04, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Naa

Am a Ghanaian,although will soon be in Nigeria

Hopefully next week or 2
okies dats gud
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by SuperSupremo(m): 12:06am On Jun 04, 2016
rosieluv:
okies dats gud
Thanks dearie
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by rosieluv(f): 12:12am On Jun 04, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Thanks dearie
uwc dear
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Sunbellar: 5:12am On Jun 04, 2016
makydebbie:
juhan if na you shey you go gree?
Who taught you Nigeria pidgin language?
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by makydebbie(f): 5:27am On Jun 04, 2016
Sunbellar:
Who taught you Nigeria pidgin language?
i grew up in lagos
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Bigzylj(m): 3:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
So as babes plenty for we country, Na ur cousin dat eyes kon chook on..
I swear, dem dey do you!
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Ayomide93(m): 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
djraymy:
I know is a taboo to many culture and traditions. But looking at it in other way round, it is right to date/marry a cousing?
I sure can marry my cousin if we are both in love. Since its not the same father or mother that gave birth to us. I once had a crush on one of my cousins before she travelled outside Nigeria. But this is Nigeria and I am Yoruba, if am thinking it she wouldn't even allow. They would term you as mentally retarded. But personally, I see nothing bad in marrying my cousin. No names calling please. My own humble opinion!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by djraymy(m): 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2016
Ayomide93:
I sure can marry my cousin if we are both in love. Since its not the same father or mother that gave birth to us. I once had a crush on one of my cousins before she travelled outside Nigeria. But this is Nigeria and I am Yoruba, if am thinking it she wouldn't even allow. They would term you as mentally retarded. But personally, I see nothing bad in marrying my cousin. No names calling please. My own humble opinion!
nice one bro
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by queencalipso(f): 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
rosieluv:

hehehehehe so u were eyeing ur cousin abi

Lolz!! Not exactly, it was the other way round.
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by queencalipso(f): 8:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
SuperSupremo:
In the bible for instance Cane and Abel married their siblings if am right.

If you are an Igbo and its a taboo you don't have to shout so loud here for that matter as cultures and manners of African tribes differs and does not mean one is inferior to the other.

Lol

See them killing you inside for your wish of marrying your 10th cousin,btw cousin is cousin be it the first or the 100th

Killing me inside? I didn't get that.
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Coolgent(m): 1:26am On Jun 05, 2016
Nigerian cultures and their hypocrisy! Well thank God in my tribe/religion hausa/ivbon mary anybodu
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by bitchcrafts: 1:28am On Jun 05, 2016
queencalipso:
Op if you are a Muslim then its very much ok!! But if not, a taboo it is.
Are you stating this as a fact or saying this from your experience?
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by queencalipso(f): 11:18am On Jun 05, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Are you stating this as a fact or saying this from your experience?

Honey it is a fact. It happens a lot down here. Right from when I was a child I have always known that Muslims marry their cousins especially the hausas. When I was a teenager, the our Hausa neighbour was married to her cousin, even her in katsina where I am presently, our production manager who is a hausa-fulani is married to her first cousin. This is just but a few out of thousands that I know. Infact they marry mostly their siblings. Just three weeks ago, we had the discussion;; from their mouth they said it is permitted in Islam as long as both of you didn't suckel the same breast. The only person they can't marry is their step sibling or someone who suckle the same breast with you.
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 05, 2016
Cutehector:
grin
You are a sick pervert
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 05, 2016
Ayomide93:

Perverted sicko
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 05, 2016
Perverts and incestuous freaks everywhere in Nigeria, no wonder rape is so high.
Lanisters everywhere undecided
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 05, 2016
Any guy who says he can marry or be intimate with his cousin can surely bed an under aged girl or his own daughter/ sister .

Yurk
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Cutehector(m): 11:29am On Jun 05, 2016
jenigurl:

You are a sick pervert
what prompts this? undecided
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 05, 2016
Cutehector:
what prompts this? undecided
Your posts
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Cutehector(m): 11:46am On Jun 05, 2016
jenigurl:

Your posts
which pls? Cuz I never wrote I hav slept wit a cousin of mine. So why call me a pervert?

I demand an apology or i"d report this to the mods.
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
Cutehector:
which pls? Cuz I never wrote I hav slept wit a cousin of mine. So why call me a pervert?

I demand an apology or i"d report this to the mods.
I don't owe you an apology dear, report me? I am so scared!
Worst case scenario ban? From a website I hadly if ever use?
Go ahead sugah won't hold my breath

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Owerri Sugar-mommy Is Loaded In All Aspects / 404 Not Found / Men Are Mostly The Reason Why Women Bleach Their Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.