Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,535 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:33 PM

Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? (5834 Views)

My Cousin Is Tripping Badly, Please Share Your Experience / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Is It Right To Give A Lady Money After A Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Cutehector(m): 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
jenigurl:

I don't owe you an apology dear, report me? I am so scared!
Worst case scenario ban? From a website I hadly if ever use?
Go ahead sugah won't hold my breath
u'v got a bad online character. I forgive u tho. Ain't no point havn some quarrel wit u
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
Cutehector:
u'v got a bad online character. I forgive u tho. Ain't no point havn some quarrel wit u
What is it with Nigerians and judging people? Hector you don't know me, I disagreed with your opinion fine, then here you are all catching feelings and threatening to report me? That's not very gentlemanly.. I kinda didn't figure you to act like that.
PS: apologies for calling you a perv but still...
Bye
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by bitchcrafts: 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
queencalipso:

Honey it is a fact. It happens a lot down here. Right from when I was a child I have always known that Muslims marry their cousins especially the hausas. When I was a teenager, the our Hausa neighbour was married to her cousin, even her in katsina where I am presently, our production manager who is a hausa-fulani is married to her first cousin. This is just but a few out of thousands that I know. Infact they marry mostly their siblings. Just three weeks ago, we had the discussion;; from their mouth they said it is permitted in Islam as long as both of you didn't suckel the same breast. The only person they can't marry is their step sibling or someone who suckle the same breast with you.
Thank You for the fine response. Shows you know whatchu talking about. However, I would like to shed more lights on this trend.... Now, in traditional Arabian culture which Fulani's are much in congruence with, it has always been the norm for cousins to marry. Its not like it's an Islamic thing per say , it is that Islam didn't in anyway go against it just like Islam doesn't go against a Yoruba man putting on his native attire in prayers . So, I'll like us to look at this as an Arabic/Fulani/Hausa tradition that Islam permits. Au revoir!
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by queencalipso(f): 2:29pm On Jun 05, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Thank You for the fine response. Shows you know whatchu talking about. However, I would like to shed more lights on this trend.... Now, in traditional Arabian culture which Fulani's are much in congruence with, it has always been the norm for cousins to marry. Its not like it's an Islamic thing per say , it is that Islam didn't in anyway go against it just like Islam doesn't go against a Yoruba man putting on his native attire in prayers . So, I'll like us to look at this as an Arabic/Fulani/Hausa tradition that Islam permits. Au revoir!
Ok
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by GodblessNig247(m): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
makydebbie:
but swthrt..my parents are cousins...share the same surname...nobody opposed their marriage!

are u from Ghana?
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by makydebbie(f): 2:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
GodblessNig247:

are u from Ghana?
yup
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by GodblessNig247(m): 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
makydebbie:
yup

Am partly Ghana but I have not been there for once. Do u know the Bedford's family? Pls pm me so we could chat. thanks Debbie
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by timsonpreye(m): 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
So wrong oh, neva try it
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by makydebbie(f): 3:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
GodblessNig247:

Am partly Ghana but I have not been there for once. Do u know the Bedford's family? Pls pm me so we could chat. thanks Debbie
uhmm...i dont know the Bedford's family..
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Fancylife(m): 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Sorry for you dear

But am sure people from that town date each other
really are you from ubachima1 Awo-omamma thats my hometown
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Fancylife(m): 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
rosieluv:
imo state,amafor
really are from ubachima1 awo-omamma,thats my hometown
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by GodblessNig247(m): 3:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
makydebbie:
uhmm...i dont know the Bedford's family..

OK.
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by SuperSupremo(m): 3:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
Fancylife:
really are you from ubachima1 Awo-omamma thats my hometown
hey

When did I say that

Am not even a Nigerian and never been there

Just that hopefully next week I would be there
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by Legendre2(m): 5:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
Op
What would you call the cohabitation practiced by the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve that brought all of us?
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by mzhorlah(f): 5:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
Incest
Re: Is It Right To Marry A Cousin? by YOLO1(m): 7:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
E get one cousin of mine wey dey make my joystick stand..... I swear, am just looking for the right time to slaughter her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OMG!! : Kenyan Women Protest Lack Of Men To Make Them Pregnant / Guys, Meet My Girlfriend / Lets Start Paying Groom Prices!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.