Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally (42221 Views)

Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng / He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet / Staying Back After NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by DerMeister: 2:07pm On May 30, 2016
You're a grad with a 2.1 and your write up is strewn with errors... I wouldn't hire you if you had a first class! USA is not a piece of cake especially if you're an illegal! Go start a bizif your degree isn't getting you anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by lekjons(m): 2:07pm On May 30, 2016
purpleblood:

He's a BSc Holder. 2.1 Industrial Chem. he stand Good chances out there. Nigeria is not really an option. Getting a job in Nigeria now is now a faith thing and a miracle thing. he can either go for the certainty or wait for the uncertainty. 99.9% of drug pushers don't have bachelor's in Ind. Chem.
American companies lay little value on certificates from most African universities..

they'll always employ someone with EU uni. certificate over someone from Africa..

NB: i'm not saying he shouldn't try his luck.. just saying my opinion(considering the fact that he, for some time-will be an illegal immigrant, and the rate of deportation of african from europe and the "corrupt/criminal" tag they lay on Nigerians/Africans).. Going their'll be like gambling, especially with the high cost of travelling from here to the U.S.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Charly68: 2:09pm On May 30, 2016
If you have a choice to chose between slavery & liberty ,what would be your choice? Don't dare go abroad to be tuning up & down without papers ,it is a miserable option. I waited fir three good years in Nigeria to get a good job & my patience paid up at last . Wait till your joy be full.

5 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by ultra100(f): 2:09pm On May 30, 2016
Hassy4:

Hmmm
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Richydos(m): 2:11pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Will try.
Gracias.... Pardon how do I keep in touch with u?, I wouldn't mind we share contacts if it pleases u, thanks
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by nasiodamus(m): 2:13pm On May 30, 2016
my brother my advice to you,travel to the US, get little jobs to do and save. Then try and go for little courses over dere,this will help u in acquiring legal papers. then after a few years of self development if u feel like still settling in lagos apply for a job from over dere...trust me you will get better offers... it won't be easy but It has worked for 3 of my cousins...they are all doin well.

4 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by edorhe14(m): 2:14pm On May 30, 2016
Barywhyte:
Sorry about this op. After 3mins, u were "discarded". That means u didn't impress. You must find out why u failed to impress your interviewers. And take care of that in your next interview. I don't c how running to America will make your life more meaningful.
There are cases where go to interview and within u, You know u did well.but someone come from no where and they take the job becos of who they know.
Lets not kid ourselves it happens everywhere.
I am using myself as a case study.
May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by dmltoyin(m): 2:17pm On May 30, 2016
McBrooklyn:
OP, A Piece Of Advice??

You Ever Heard Of Temple Run??

RUN! RUN!! RUN!!!
OMG. LWKMD. Funny bro

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by babeface3: 2:18pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:
I really love to stay in Lagos, Nigeria working, but getting a job even with my experience and good grade(2.1) is almost impossible.

I have searched and searched and searched, attended interviews, but all to no avail. The worse was the interview I attended today, this morning @lekki-epe express way; I was discharged after about 2 to 3 questions only(about 3 mins).....meanwhile, the first applicant spent almost 30 mins. I just looked at the lady like.....is it my face? Is my 2.1 not enough? Didnt i answer your questions correctly? Infact i almost swore never to attend any interview again.....e beta make i kukuma explore my music talent....

I really love to base in Lagos. Get a good job, marry and have kids. I'm almost losing hope in my job search! Infact I no think say anybody for nairaland search reach me!!!

Now, I have another option to stay in America illegally, until I secure complete papers for stay(which will take time) I'll be staying with a family member, going to school and working.......general hustling till I get a green card.

Please, what do you guys suggest?

#I taya for this joblessness no be small# its killing
weigh your priorities.you might spend more time than you think trying to settle down, get papers et al in the us
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:
I really love to stay in Lagos, Nigeria working, but getting a job even with my experience and good grade(2.1) is almost impossible.

I have searched and searched and searched, attended interviews, but all to no avail. The worse was the interview I attended today, this morning @lekki-epe express way; I was discharged after about 2 to 3 questions only(about 3 mins).....meanwhile, the first applicant spent almost 30 mins. I just looked at the lady like.....is it my face? Is my 2.1 not enough? Didnt i answer your questions correctly? Infact i almost swore never to attend any interview again.....e beta make i kukuma explore my music talent....

I really love to base in Lagos. Get a good job, marry and have kids. I'm almost losing hope in my job search! Infact I no think say anybody for nairaland search reach me!!!

Now, I have another option to stay in America illegally, until I secure complete papers for stay(which will take time) I'll be staying with a family member, going to school and working.......general hustling till I get a green card.

Which country in America
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Crispels(m): 2:18pm On May 30, 2016
cynhamscakes:
USA is obviously the better option here since you have a place you can stay. When you get job, just laylow and save save save money. Don't go living a larvish lifestyle and throwing money around, don't get involved in gang related activities. Just lay low and live your life there quietly. You won't be noticed.

With God's grace on your side, you will be able to file for your papers there.

I said this because it beats living in Naija job hunting for ages.

Another option for you is to learn a craft in Lagos and explore the business man in you.

All in all sha, if I'm in your shoes, na US of A get me. I no fit shout.

Please see my signature below to order for your cakes in Abuja

Am a student from the best University in the South East. I study History and International Studies. Am in my third year. Presently, am faced with a puzzle. Firstly, am a student politician/unionist/leader. I currently serve as the General Secretary of my Faculty. A position I took as the youngest in the History of my institution. Based on my track records, leadership qualities and innovative ideas, the Students' populace are urging me to test the waters of Students' Union leadership. However, am contemplating pulling out of Campus politics so as to explore other opportunities as an undergraduate. These opportunities includes - Taostmaters international programmes and certificates, debates, conferences, lectures etc. For instance, I will be a delegate at an upcoming United Nations programme. Am a decent 2'1 student, and I thirst to study harder to increase my CGPA that has dwindled as a result of my participation in campus politics. Campus politics consumes lots of money, time and energy. And even when you emerge, it brings about more stress and problems to face.

In terms of money, am okay, I lack no basic needs as am not even into campus politics for money but for the life lessons one learns from it. In terms of connection, am closer to my VC than even some SUG representatives as he loves the ideas I bring on board.

In summary, I want to focus more on my studies and seal my 2'1. I also want to explore other aspects of international opportunities like Toastmasters international, UN models, conferences, debates , improved scholarship et al.

More so, I already received a certificate of honour from the University authorities for my leadership qualities and contributions.

However, I believe am a born leader, filled with ideas and I evidently can serve the Student populace the best way possible. I see myself as a missing link. What is neeeded.

I can't combine the two, one has to step down for the other.

I plan to proceed to the United States for my postgraduate after my degree in Nigeria.

Your advice?

This happens to be the biggest decision of my life.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Salligreen: 2:19pm On May 30, 2016
Hassy4:

Hmmm

Wow, very beautiful muslimah...
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by successralu(m): 2:19pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

OH, would have helped out if it was a business related course.

please help me ooooo... I studied agricultural science. I can't venture into any agric related business because of capital (I can't even boast of 20k now).. please I need any job(any type) to raise money nd make a living
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

I studied business admin,please help me out
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by VocalWalls: 2:21pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

What' did you study?

Mod:

I made front page!

BTW country names are no longer abbreviated by adding dots in between the letters. U. S. A is USA.
Take note mods.

Please you guys should stop spamming my mentions with help msg, I only wanted to help the Op because he has tried hard to get one. Never said I was gonna help anyone else. Go out and hustle#

I'll like to know more about the bolded
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by harsysky(m): 2:21pm On May 30, 2016
My piece of advice.

Use part of the money you wana travel with and learn a program, especaily computer programs ( networking, programming, etc) with time and the way naija is going, it's the next oil in disguise.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Jacko1(m): 2:23pm On May 30, 2016
Ul be working and skooling shey
Guy go usa
Just make sure u skool oh
Leav 9ja trust me u wont regret such decision

2 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by chaiks: 2:24pm On May 30, 2016
For me, I I'll advice if you have a way, move to USA and start looking for ways to get your papers. I am in the Same situation with you bro. Graduated with a high 2.1 (4.49) but yet to secure anything. Please guys wat do you think i should do in this country now with a degree in international relations? The worst is that my parents can't afford to sponsor me for masters. Am damn frustrated.

5 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by aribs(m): 2:24pm On May 30, 2016
Are you ready to live here illegally with menial jobs for sometime? If you think the US is Eldorado you are sadly mistaken.. with no papers you are like a fish without water. I would never advise anyone to live here illegally. I have seen it time and time again those who you left back home to "hustle" illegally in the US would have bypassed you while you are doing your odd jobs . Then let me ask you... on getting to the US , do you have plans on how to raise money to further your education? There is nothing wrong in migration ...however migration with no idea of what to expect will leave u a very frustrated person. Or even land you back home with a dented travel record. Carefully weigh your options as you plan your next adventure

9 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by James4424: 2:25pm On May 30, 2016
Holudarey01:
Ignorance is a chronic disease.
You think everything is rosy in America?
If you don't have your papers, you'd suffer.
Why not explore the legal option?
Anything illegal has repercussion
dude he didn't say he was already going to the USA illegally he was just asking for your advice and you are here talking rubbish. My brother OP no where is "Rosy" life is not a bed of roses. Just evalute your risks and find the one you have better opportunities and head for the best.
Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by ronald4lif(m): 2:25pm On May 30, 2016
You have relatives in America is no guarantee of an entry visa. On what basis do you think the visa is even guarantee and you merit one?

You also said something like studying and being illegal at same time. Such a contradiction. You can't be studying and same time be living illegally. Illegal immigrants can't secure admission to study anywhere in the West. And for you to be thinking of migrating as a postgrad student (if that's what you meant by studying there) means you're looking at spending an average of 5million naira tuition fees. I think if you had such amount of money you won't be thinking of traveling in the first place but invest on a business.

But let's assume you can secure a visa, it'll be the best option for you. In the US, you can secure a job even as an illegal immigrant with someone's green card and save money to pay for an arrangee marriage which will enable you apply for a green card and regularise your immigration status. It usually cost $5000 and with a descent job you can save such in few months or if you're lucky you could get a lady pregnant and secure your green card.

Let me also warn that you'd find life difficult living illegally in any country as there are legion of public services and privileges you can't access, like we have in the UK too. But with the present harsh situation in Nigeria, I'd have moved too if I were you. Any young unemployed Nigerian, or even the ones earning peanuts should leave that shit hole as there's no future there, but Canada should be their top destination choice.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 30, 2016
VocalWalls:

I'll like to know more about the bolded

If you would like to know more about it, no problem, go here
Www. Google. Com
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by dmltoyin(m): 2:25pm On May 30, 2016
Holudarey01:
Ignorance is a chronic disease.
You think everything is rosy in America?
If you don't have your papers, you'd suffer.
Why not explore the legal option?
Anything illegal has repercussion
have u been there. And the papers graduates have in Nigeria has brought enjoyment abi. Go to a country that has an accomodating environment to support ur dream. Our beautiful country will one day be better now but for now, its hell bro and the sons of the poor are practically hopeless. God gat us all sha
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by aluko360(m): 2:26pm On May 30, 2016
0p, which kain jamb question be dis?

Even people wey get well paying jobs are checking out.

Abeg if that free accommodation in Yankee is still 0pen, Holla me.

Cheers

8 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Jacko1(m): 2:27pm On May 30, 2016
Many ppl on nairaland saying stay in 9ja
They enviois to me
Stay 9ja do wat
If they hav ur same opportunity dey will not come to nairaland and seek advice
Ppl leav nigeria for us of a to stay illegal wen they wer earnin lik 300k in 9ja
Follow nairaland hypocrites at ur own peril

Giv me ur illegal visa sef let me port for you.... 9Ja who you epp

7 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Arisheloaded(m): 2:29pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Good day,

Please Help!

I studied Business Education and seriously searching for employment.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

God Bless.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:

Industrial chemistry

How about me. I studied Inustrial relations and personnel management also known as human resource management and presently servin but finishin service by September. Can u help out with a job?
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

How about me. I studied Inustrial relations and personnel management also known as human resource management and presently servin but finishin service by September. Can u help out with a job?
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by VocalWalls: 2:31pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

If you would like to know more about it, no problem, go here

Www. Google. Com

I already did.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:33pm On May 30, 2016
Is better you travel to US with legal documents than staying there illegal. I would have advised you to travel to US since it is illegal abeg stay for Nigeria and keep searching for a job.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Dereformer(m): 2:34pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:

Industrial chemistry

Industrial what?

In this Buhari's Nigeria where jobs are lost in thousands!!!

Keep the hope alive. you will surely land a good job soonest.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by hustla(m): 2:34pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:

Bro if you have the chance to leave and stay in Yankee, please do
Marry an American for love and get your stay. Nigeria is a stupid country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ekiti To Send Unemployed Youths To Aba And Onitsha To Learn Trade / Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Trainee Program 2018 / How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.