Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

"We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. (40910 Views)

Analysing President Buhari's Statement On Saying Rubbish During Campaign. / President Buhari Did Not Say He Was Saying Rubbish During Campaign - Cola / We Were Saying Rubbish During Campaign And That Made Things Difficult -buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by frisky2good(m): 8:23am On May 31, 2016
Are these people crazy? We are not asking because you promised us, we are asking because it is our right. Why are they making it look like they just want to help us? Good roads, constant electricity, affordable education, security of lives and property. These are not things a government needs to promise us before delivering. They are our rights. Just provide them or get the hell out of there. I'm tired of all these never ending stories.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by mandax: 8:29am On May 31, 2016
As Boko Haram hit and hit and kill Nigerians and destroy the economy, prominent far north leaders were attending nearly every high profile Owambe party in the south west region as the 2015 elections drew closer.

Those northern politicians created a fake solidarity between northern and south west regions.
Elections time, the northern leaders completed the 25% of votes needed in 2/3 of 36 states to win presidential election in Nigeria.

Power back to north, northern prominent politicians stopped attending high profile Owambe parties in the south west region.

Even President Buhari cancelled his official visit to Lagos last week with one excuse or other.

Buhari and his northern clique continue to demonstrate how to be deceptive and use propaganda of falsehood to capture political power.
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by Paperwhite(m): 8:29am On May 31, 2016
Choi! grin grin grin cheesy.Buhari & APC finally acknowledged they were campaigning rubbish? Well that is not news as sensible folks like me have detected that long ago.As someone earlier said here "Ndi 5% kwenu!!! & ndi-95% SORRY!!!.

1 Like

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by janvier27(m): 8:30am On May 31, 2016
Destructive opposition leads to a vicious cycle. I believe APC would have still won if they had decently focused on the change mantra in their campaigns. Now the spirit is willing, but the body is weak and of course karma is playing out. A good number of those who ruined the previous administration are still calling shots today. Unfortunately they have no motivation to do things right. Theirs is a case of 'igi da, eye fo'. They've got not much to lose.

3 Likes

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by vislabraye(m): 8:33am On May 31, 2016
KingOfAmebo:
President Muhammadu Buhari says his party didn't know what they were getting into before making so much promises to Nigerians, and as such made life difficult for themselves with the high expectations from Nigerians because of the long list of promises made. He said his party identified only three major items...Security, Economy and Corruption.

Speaking on Monday when he hosted state house correspondents at the presidential villa in Abuja, Buhari said he and his cabinet members have been doing their best to deliver the change which the All Progressives Congress (APC) promised Nigerians during the electioneering campaign.

The president described his ministers as hardworking, saying they toil day and night to ensure that his administration succeeds.

“One of the men I pity is Lai Mohammed. Everyday he is on TV explaining our performance or lack of it,” he said.

“The ministers sit down day and night to work. Some of them have literarily lost weight because they were sleeping less and eating less (while working on the budget). They were working on every kobo to be spent.

“We recently just found out that we are poor because we don’t have anything to fall back to. This is the condition we found ourselves and this change mantra had to go through hell up till yesterday.

“And for you to talk to whoever came to visit us throughout that year, I wonder how each of your diaries would be, because people were expecting this change mantra in their own way.

“How do you define change? Luckily our party identified three major items, security, economy and corruption.”

The president spoke on why he reduced the number of ministries from 42 to 24. He also revealed that some of the permanent secretaries were disengaged because of lack of commitment.

Buhari added that there is a possibility of the economy recovering in the last quarter of the year.

“When we came there were 42 ministries we cut it to 24. We had to do it on our own because we found out that government could not continue with 42 ministers and the paraphernalia of office so we cut it down to 24,” he said.

“I underrated the influence of the PDP for 16 years watching from outside. The experience of the staff, their commitment and zeal is different from what it is now compared to when I was in government. Sixteen years of development in the life of a developing nation is a long time.

“Most of the permanent secretaries were sent out because it was time for some of them to go and for others for one thing or the other. Because were not part of those 16 years this is where we found ourselves and this is no joke.

“We had to cut down half the number of permanent secretaries and then do some cross postings. The permanent secretaries that were there for the past five, seven, 15 years the only thing that they know is how things were done in the previous years. Whatever we did in the campaign, in fact we were saying rubbish and that made it very difficult for us.

“Things were even more difficult during the budget which you all know about. For somebody like me, for the first time I heard what is called padding.

“I think we will recover by the fourth quarter of the year, what padding means especially for ministers who had implement what padding contains. There were very serious developments which I never knew about.”

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/feel-pity-lai-mohammed-says-buhari#.V0yHnM2DWNA.twitter

How can a president say this ? Not only does he have ear infection, he also has mouth infection. He has shot himself on the foot by saying what he said.

2 Likes

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by matt58(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2016
Change to rubbish
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by Deepfreezer(m): 8:35am On May 31, 2016
Florblu:
Rubbish indeed!
Buhari is pulling some strings let's pray he pull a good one
keep hoping and praying it is well.
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by hugoranking(m): 8:36am On May 31, 2016
Am so ashamed of ur comments, so u guys really tink, buhari will sit nd say rubbish like dis?, common dis z cooked up.......na wa 4 some pipo o
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by bonechamberlain(m): 8:37am On May 31, 2016
noblegrex:
and you think you're a rational being ba. People who are myopic and has a very shallow mind will never ever see this. Even before this time,I've been telling people here and around me that it'll be so difficult after all the promises cos you cannot imagine the damage done,havoc recked on our precious country by E-BELE ,E-thieve,E-fool JANATAUT and his cabinet.yet people keep yelling at him for making reference.why won't he make reference to the past administration. Its only wise people that will see this coming. And of course,I'm not surprised cos I don't expect less.But I'm sure the change will definitely come which by the grace of GOD,I'll benefit from,and every well meaning NIJA. Shi I kena

“a man can fail many times, but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else”? John Burroughs.

Buhari said APC said rubbish during campaign, this is not about Jonathan, its about Mr integrity staying around people saying rubbish. Pls don't join them in saying rubbish.

1 Like

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by imoke1(m): 8:38am On May 31, 2016
This man dont have a good vision for this country. My question is that why not PMb don't stop pursuing copse and face his administration, come out with a good result. His aimed in the office is to avenge the ppl that he so claims that they offended him

1 Like

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by Deepfreezer(m): 8:40am On May 31, 2016
hugoranking:
Am so ashamed of ur comments, so u guys really tink, buhari will sit nd say rubbish like dis?, common dis z cooked up.......na wa 4 some pipo o
cooked up by who?? If I call you a Fool now....

1 Like

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by cola: 8:41am On May 31, 2016
Shame on all ignorant but loud haters of decency!

Comprehension problem or mindless mischief!

The president was referring to the civil servants with entrenched interests in the MDAs. He said as far as these directors were concerned, they (APC) were only saying rubbish on the campaign trail because they (the directors) were determined to continued their old ways of doing things since it's the only way many of them knew.
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by Deepfreezer(m): 8:42am On May 31, 2016
Vengeance is the main aim of this man in office. He just wanted to get into office and fight opposition.

1 Like

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by Ayekooto2013: 8:44am On May 31, 2016
“We had to cut down half the number of permanent secretaries and then do some cross postings. The permanent secretaries that were there for the past five, seven, 15 years the only thing that they know is how things were done in the previous years. Whatever we did in the campaign, in fact we were saying rubbish and that made it very difficult for us.

It seems this is just a case of poor English comprehension and it is appalling so many could not pick this up. The President was not saying that they said rubbish during the campaign. I think he is saying this concerning the Permanent Secretaries. That to the Permanent Secretaries, the APC campaign promises are rubbish thereby making it difficult to get them to buy into them, and consequently resulting into many of them being fired or redeployed.

If we have to argue, let it be on something more appropriate please.
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by Lamor(f): 8:44am On May 31, 2016
Hahahahaha,Rubbish indeed.
A-All
P-Promises
C-Cancelled.
Clueless government.
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by ddippset(m): 8:45am On May 31, 2016
Paperwhite:
The reason why you're like this is because your own daftness is pathetically higher than that of Buhari's.So you're the most wisest to decode that all the foolish things the dullard president have been saying in this government are the irony of what he meant.Continue in your zombiesm as it has no cure brother.
MOST WISEST lol

1 Like

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by dumie(f): 8:50am On May 31, 2016
This Buhari is nothing but a political joker who lacks economic sense..He was just desperate for power and came up with outrageous lies

2 Likes

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by comodo: 8:53am On May 31, 2016
APC
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by blackbeau1(f): 8:54am On May 31, 2016
I would have said the Nigerians who voted for change have been scammed but then I just realised Buhari never said anything about positive change. He just said Change. So the negative changes we r seeing now r still classified as Change

2 Likes

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by whitebeard(m): 8:56am On May 31, 2016
leonbob:
If PMB could admit that he and his party talked trash during the campaign literally lying to Nigerians just to grab power, how are we sure he's still not talking trash even now angry

PMB should just admit that all he wanted was to get back into Aso rock by all means
put your self in the president shoes before election and after election..
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by Toks2008(m): 8:58am On May 31, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Everyday this man is telling the world that Nigerians (the 95%) are foolish by voting him.
U can imagine they said rubbish during campaign. Only rational thinking people can detect the rubbish someone is saying.

Buhari is too sincere to a fault and the world hate sincere people.

I still believe in this administration.
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by Olushow144: 8:59am On May 31, 2016
Only God will judge every politician playing on our intelligence and taking us for fool. I've never judged this man wrongly but this time he has disappointed me.
Wait a minute, is he actually saying APC fooled Nigerians to vote them in.

God, in ur hands we put our fate

1 Like

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by anonimi: 9:01am On May 31, 2016
ybalogs:
This is quite serious. Let's just hope all the promises ends up not being rubbish by the end of their 4 years term.

Nothing will be achieved in the remaining three years by this FRAUDULENT, corrupt lot.
Nothing as predicted by the prophets. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2682938_img2015072826629_jpegfa206e5609ff464467c82ea736caee6a

1 Like

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by ernecy(m): 9:02am On May 31, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Everyday this man is telling the world that Nigerians (the 95%) are foolish by voting him.
U can imagine they said rubbish during campaign. Only rational thinking people can detect the rubbish someone is saying.
u killed it..

many are called few were chosen, is like saying many has brain, few can reason.. grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by anonimi: 9:03am On May 31, 2016
blackbeau1:
I would have said the Nigerians who voted for change have been scammed but then I just realised Buhari never said anything about positive change. He just said Change. So the negative changes we r seeing now r still classified as Change

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2638335_117378378808222686209331845457370151459142n_jpg21fab79f34191754f3edd356d25b008d
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by anytexy: 9:07am On May 31, 2016
Olushow144:
Only God will judge every politician playing on our intelligence and taking us for fool. I've never judged this man wrongly but this time he has disappointed me.
Wait a minute, is he actually saying APC fooled Nigerians to vote them in.

God, in ur hands we put our fate

Not all Nigerian, but the only gullible Zombies who sees nothing wrong in any of his policies. I'm am not a blind supporter on PMB.
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by 2kris(m): 9:13am On May 31, 2016
ddippset:
Whenever the president tries to speak ironically, whenever the president makes a poor attempt at having a sense of humour, whenever the president speaks very bluntly about issues, the pdp wailers and ipob touts latch onto it and would never let it go. the only warning I have for them is that 2023 is still quite a very long time away!
ur master hv confessed u are still here draging for him..

1 Like

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by kinwhite(m): 9:13am On May 31, 2016
KingOfAmebo:
President Muhammadu Buhari says his party didn't know what they were getting into before making so much promises to Nigerians, and as such made life difficult for themselves with the high expectations from Nigerians because of the long list of promises made. He said his party identified only three major items...Security, Economy and Corruption.

Speaking on Monday when he hosted state house correspondents at the presidential villa in Abuja, Buhari said he and his cabinet members have been doing their best to deliver the change which the All Progressives Congress (APC) promised Nigerians during the electioneering campaign.

The president described his ministers as hardworking, saying they toil day and night to ensure that his administration succeeds.

“One of the men I pity is Lai Mohammed. Everyday he is on TV explaining our performance or lack of it,” he said.

“The ministers sit down day and night to work. Some of them have literarily lost weight because they were sleeping less and eating less (while working on the budget). They were working on every kobo to be spent.

“We recently just found out that we are poor because we don’t have anything to fall back to. This is the condition we found ourselves and this change mantra had to go through hell up till yesterday.

“And for you to talk to whoever came to visit us throughout that year, I wonder how each of your diaries would be, because people were expecting this change mantra in their own way.

“How do you define change? Luckily our party identified three major items, security, economy and corruption.”

The president spoke on why he reduced the number of ministries from 42 to 24. He also revealed that some of the permanent secretaries were disengaged because of lack of commitment.

Buhari added that there is a possibility of the economy recovering in the last quarter of the year.

“When we came there were 42 ministries we cut it to 24. We had to do it on our own because we found out that government could not continue with 42 ministers and the paraphernalia of office so we cut it down to 24,” he said.

“I underrated the influence of the PDP for 16 years watching from outside. The experience of the staff, their commitment and zeal is different from what it is now compared to when I was in government. Sixteen years of development in the life of a developing nation is a long time.

“Most of the permanent secretaries were sent out because it was time for some of them to go and for others for one thing or the other. Because were not part of those 16 years this is where we found ourselves and this is no joke.

“Things were even more difficult during the budget which you all know about. For somebody like me, for the first time I heard what is called padding.

“I think we will recover by the fourth quarter of the year, what padding means especially for ministers who had implement what padding contains. There were very serious developments which I never knew about.”

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/feel-pity-lai-mohammed-says-buhari#.V0yHnM2DWNA.twitter
GOD help us so that this government will not be rubbish, cos my mind is telling me something
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by vigasimple(m): 9:14am On May 31, 2016
leonbob:
If PMB could admit that he and his party talked trash during the campaign literally lying to Nigerians just to grab power, how are we sure he's still not talking trash even now angry

PMB should just admit that all he wanted was to get back into Aso rock by all means

I unlike most people supporting Buhari know that they are talking utter rubbish from the get go. And Buhari just wanted power to go back to the north.

You can quote me, Buhari is the most corrupt and biggest fraud in this country.
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by addicted268(f): 9:15am On May 31, 2016
janvier27:
Destructive opposition leads to a vicious cycle. I believe APC would have still won if they had decently focused on the change mantra in their campaigns. Now the spirit is willing, but the body is weak and of course karma is playing out. A good number of those who ruined the previous administration are still calling shots today. Unfortunately they have no motivation to do things right. Theirs is a case of 'igi da, eye fo'. They've got not much to lose.
Thou art wise.

1 Like

Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:16am On May 31, 2016
leonbob:

Is it that you folks don't read or are too slow to comprehend properly?
Re: "We Were Saying Rubbish During The Campaign" - President Buhari. by forray(m): 9:18am On May 31, 2016
ddippset:
I could remember one of my lecturers at the University. he had taught us a topic in engineering mathematics and the entire class couldn't comprehend at that time. he came to class the next lecture day and taught us a much easier method and we were happy and all understood. the lecturer then said - 'please ignore how I taught you the other time, I was saying RUBBISH' - of course everybody understood what he meant by saying he was saying rubbish. I know it would be difficult for you to understand my analogy but you don't have to. just go to the next beer parlour or newspaper stand and tell your friends that 'see even the president has confessed that he was saying rubbish' .

Dude forget this ur analogy, this so called rubbish is what brought him to power and I believe u know that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Calls Dolapo Osinbajo ‘Wife Of The President’ (Video) / Forgery: I Am Not Answerable To You, AGF Tells senate / Governor Fayose Spotted Frying Garri In Ikole, Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.