Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says (24086 Views)

Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign / Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says / Fashola: I Said Power Assets Were LEGALLY, Not ILLEGALLY, Sold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by anonimi: 10:35am On Jun 01, 2016
herbie27:
Unfortunately for you i'm nt a Zombie bt you.

Stop spewing trash!.

You misunderstood my post that was not directed at you but at the APC zombie whom you were responding to.
Please check again.
Cheers.
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by emerged01(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2016
anonimi:

Below for your information, free of charge. cheesy grin

Blame it on pipeline vandalism.
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by idupaul: 10:40am On Jun 01, 2016
The day they bring back Barth NNaji is when i will take them seriously.. Fashola just came to increase tarriffs so Tinubus EKO disco can continue reaping of Lagosians as usual
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by Goke7: 10:44am On Jun 01, 2016
anonimi:

Thanks.
Yet we say we are the sophisticated, educated ones, not so?
How do you think we can improve our political situation in the south

we need to stop the power show to our fellow southerners which is not too pronounced in the north, the likes of ibb, abdusallam and co can easily live among their own people, have you wondered why? the former cbn governor sanusi, hate him or like him but I have a family friend who just retired from cbn and tells me how sanusi comes to the canteen in cbn where everyone is to relate with them and pay for everyone on his table. Tell me how many of our southern elites are like that.

We oppress ourselves too much here and are too far from each other psychologically to make the desired impact politically and that's why we get too intimidated politically including our southern lawmakers who are just there for decoration, me I don tire. This is why the northern guys move more in clusters than their fellow southerners. If GEJ was a notherner and Nnaji was a notherner, he will never be sacked especially when he is bringing in the goods.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by judondasylva(m): 10:44am On Jun 01, 2016
another lies
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by coolplanet: 10:56am On Jun 01, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
is that d reason ur ineffectual buffoon wickedly sold us to his cronies? he sold bedc to pej, so tell me why pmb should not reverse d sales of bedc, and tell me why i should not stone ur ineffectual buffoon

please,i advice you to change your profile name because of your utterances.it doesn't fit your personality
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by anonimi: 10:59am On Jun 01, 2016
Goke7:
we need to stop the power show to our fellow southerners which is not too pronounced in the north, the likes of ibb, abdusallam and co can easily live among their own people, have you wondered why? the former cbn governor sanusi, hate him or like him but I have a family friend who just retired from cbn and tells me how sanusi comes to the canteen in cbn where everyone is to relate with them and pay for everyone on his table. Tell me how many of our southern elites are like that.

We oppress ourselves too much here and are too far from each other psychologically to make the desired impact politically and that's why we get too intimidated politically including our southern lawmakers who are just there for decoration, me I don tire. This is why the northern guys move more in clusters than their fellow southerners. If GEJ was a notherner and Nnaji was a notherner, he will never be sacked especially when he is bringing in the goods.

I remember that Obasanjo pointed out something on this concerning Awolowo- that when he was appointed Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, he carried his own drinking water to the place each time thereby alienating the locals/ northern elite that he needs to become president.
Sad.
Very sad!
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by ClintonDal(m): 11:02am On Jun 01, 2016
Day by day this current administration is making me loose hope in them. Excuses upon excuses, no details on what to be done to correct the already dying nation. Throwing blames here and there, your cluelessness would soon eclipse that of GEJ. undecided
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by Goke7: 11:04am On Jun 01, 2016
anonimi:

I remember that Obasanjo pointed out something on this concerning Awolowo- that when he was appointed Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, he carried his own drinking water to the place each time thereby alienating the locals/ northern elite that he needs to become president.
Sad.
Very sad!

that is it my brother, what is politics if you are driving away folks that can add up the numbers for you to succeed, our southern politicians only relate when elections are near and stay far apart after elections.

The other day I saw Senator Shehu sani distributing solar panels to his constituency, how many of our politicians down south will do same, reason you see many northerners having what our people down south here can't boast of with all our education and sophistication. We no dey try at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by spymaster(m): 11:09am On Jun 01, 2016
On the issue of PHCN, Power Supply and Estimated
Billing:

I had a very interesting discussion with a senior Manager
of one of the Distribution Companies (DISCOs) in Lagos
on the issue of pre-paid meters. We are very close and
so he was honest with me. He said that if all the
DISCOs had given pre-paid meters to all their customers,
they would have experienced financial collapse in the
past 5 months of the year based on the power crises
Nigeria has been facing.

He said that in the past five months, his DISCO has been
receiving an average of 10-12hours supply of 200MW per
day from TCN. Now let's do some calculations. To get
the energy supply, multiply 200 by 10hrs you get
2000MWH per month. Convert to KWH by multiplying it with
1000, you get 2,000,000KWH. The cost per KWH is
between N24 to N28 depending on whether you are
residential or commercial.

The money his disco will be generating per month
assuming everyone has pre-paid meter and based on
power generated and supply to them should be between
N50,000,000 to N60,000,000(fifty to sixty million naira) .
This money according to him is not even enough to pay
salaries, office cost, running vehicle and at the same
time maintain all their power equipments.

However he told me they are making so much than that
by giving people estimated bills. Though he won't
disclose what they make monthly. But he gave me an
analogy of what they make. He said Aguda and Ijesha
both in Surulere have about 20,000 Customers. They only need to send N5000 monthly estimated billing to them
and they have N100,000,000(one hundred million naira).
Whereas they would have only made N50,000,000(fifty
million naira) from all their consumers in the whole
DISCO if they all have pre-paid meters.

That's just two areas in Eko DISCO. Now imagine other
areas under their jurisdiction, Lagos Island, Ikoyi, Lekki
Ajah, Apapa, Mushin, Surulere, Yaba, Bariga, Fadeyi,
victoria Island, Ijora, Shomolu,Epe, Masha, Ojuelegba,
Orile, Ajegunle and others who are also being given
estimated billings. No wonder they are not bothered
whether the Avengers bomb pipelines or there are no
power supply. The Magas or Muguns will always pay at
the end of the month.

It was then I truly understand why the DISCOs are so
reluctant to give their consumers pre-paid meters. This
is a daylight (or should I say day-darkness) robbery. I
would really be surprised if the Minister of Power does
not know about this. Maybe they are tactically protecting
the DISCOs from collapse by allowing them to defraud
Nigerians with the continuous support for estimated bills.

If the government is really sincere, then DISCOs must be
compelled to give Nigerians pre-paid meters within six
months or their license revoked. We should only pay for
what we use. Maybe by the time we are all metered,
PHCN staff will be the one guarding pipelines as they
know that no light, no salary. Nigerians must all rise and
demand for pre-paid meter, until then, they will be
justified if they stop paying any electricity bills.
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by Innomach(m): 11:16am On Jun 01, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
ur ineffectual buffoon finish us, his wickedness is highly saTANic, sold us to his cronies
Nonsense! There's a word "REVOKE" in your dictionary. We voted the dulard to come right some wrongs of the past government, but it seems he is more clueless than the former.
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by Eluwilussit(m): 11:16am On Jun 01, 2016
ijustdey:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/power-sector-illegally-sold-fashola-says/149249.html

Idiiots. Na only the privatization of power that was not properly done? What of the elections that brought you guys to power?

If Fashola doesn't have the power to force those who bought our power to invest in that sector, how then does he have the power to increase the tariff? If they bought it for peanuts as we are told, why not give them their peanut back and cancel the deal? Abi we don use their peanut drink garri? Who are these guys that bought our power? Names please. cry
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by kingphilip(m): 11:17am On Jun 01, 2016
emerged01:

What did you expect him to have done within 6months with the level of pipes vandalism? I don't belong to any party but I'm in support of this government. I have confidence that they will perform and I believe this term will end well despite the economy crisis.
did you say pipes vandalism??

Why's he there if not to curb these menace and improve on what is on ground

You think 6 months is very little to kick the ground rolling?
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by Innomach(m): 11:21am On Jun 01, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
is that d reason ur ineffectual buffoon wickedly sold us to his cronies? he sold bedc to pej, so tell me why pmb should not reverse d sales of bedc, and tell me why i should not stone ur ineffectual buffoon

If your super heroes are not capable of retrieving the "illegally" sold assets from the buyers, it means they are just as useless and clueless as the past government.
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by Innomach(m): 11:23am On Jun 01, 2016
onitaja:
I wonder about peoples reasoning at times. Exactly which part of Nepa did Tinubu buy during a PDP government sale.
Even if he did, what difference would it have made?
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by yanabasee(m): 11:29am On Jun 01, 2016
These people with excuses and blames....

Assuming, the previous administration didn't privatised the power sector.. I'm sure, fashola would've thought of it by now as a branded idea..

But since it was privatised by the previous administration, it's seen as a corrupt idea and so it was used to sap the nation's money!

Just like the subsidy removal... Everything is best done and seen to be right in this administration..

But if done in the previous administration, it's corrupt and unwelcome!
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by safetyInspector(m): 11:43am On Jun 01, 2016
Jesusloveyou:

I have observed the manner you write, it seem that you are not representing your moniker very well because if you do, you will be mindful of your language. Just an advice no offence intended.
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by daojay: 12:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
i just feel the DISCOs shd be made to start on a clean slate, since all the debt of PHCN was borne by the government and not the investors, why are they now pushing grow collect monies owed NEPA & PHCN, at least they inherited only assets and not liabilities!
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
Am highly disappointed in Fashola . A man who, we once praise has turned a liar(APC). what a contradictory statement from a SAN. You said you do not have the powers the way power was sold, the same you fixed the new tariffs. Nigerians are really filled with weak people with ethnic sentiments if not, protest upon protest would have made you resign. I do not think you actually attended UNIBEN mr Minister of Darkness.
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
anonimi:

Who are YOU?
HOW will it do only you "a whole lot of good"?
Will it also do all Nigerians "a whole lot of good"?
Thanks for your clarification.
am a Nigeria who lost my job after that fraudulent privatization exercise, well to other nigerians they kw how it used to b.I was in d system and I knew what happened. the privatization exercise was a very big fraud
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by ElCapone(m): 12:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
coldsummer:
fashola should just shut up and bury his head in shame for making Nigerians pay exorbitant prices for a service they don't get.

not had light in my area in like two weeks. very low voltage that can't carry anything.

ugly on the outside, ugly on the inside
did u read da post at all or you just here to accumulate likes and shares
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by atirolu(m): 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
Blame game after one year
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by megaweight(m): 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
This guys think we are morons, well mr minister may stable power is now "rocket science". Where was labour when BPE called for bids, is BPE a legal or illegal entity? When will a leader own up to his own capacity deficencies and stop pointing fingers at some persons. Pmb should reschuffle his cabinet and put round pegs in round holes not this compensation union called ministers. #Nigeriawillovercome
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by jerusalem101: 2:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
The Only Way to Ensure Steady and Sustainable power Supply is to vote GEJ/PDP out and APC will guarantee Steady Power Supply in no time.
Gov. Babatunde Fashola, 2014

Now after one year of APC government, Nigerians are force to pay inordinate tariff for near total Darkness and Sunlight. I just Pray one day we won't be asked to pay for the rain.

increase on VAT
N50 illegal stamp fee
over 50% increment for sunlight
increase in pump rice of petroleum with the refineries only working on Ibe Kachickwu's lips

Meanwhile assessment on Boko Haram war- A
Anti-graft war, though one-sided-A
Economy -F9
Herdsmen crisis -F9
Propaganda A+
Travelling A
Anti-Biafra B
Avengers C
Excuses/blame-trading A
APC! Change!
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by Jesusloveyou: 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
Innomach:
Nonsense! There's a word "REVOKE" in your dictionary. We voted the dulard to come right some wrongs of the pastgovernment,
so u voted for change, hahahahahaha, ur lie is like saTAN, everyone that hate change, want pmb to right d wicked wrong of ur ineffectual buffoon hero, SHM! and u did not read where ur ineffectual buffoon illegally put us in deadlock, it cant be reverse due to quack legal team employed by ur ineffectual buffoon for their selfish interest, so
https://www.nairaland.com/politics

1 Like

Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by Ohamzee: 2:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
MisterGrace:
That's true. Else, how can one explain the concept sinking tens of billion into the sector that was sold for chicken change?
simple. there was no money sunken.
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by Jesusloveyou: 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
ClintonDal:
Day by day this current administration is making me loose hope in them. Excuses upon excuses, no details on what to be done to correct the already dying nation. Throwing blames here and there, your cluelessness would soon eclipse that of GEJ. undecided
becos u dont know d magnitude of d damage ur ineffectual buffoon done to us, by now we suppose to have execute gej, or use him for sacrifice for a better nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by ClintonDal(m): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
becos u dont know d magnitude of d damage ur ineffectual buffoon done to us, by now we suppose to have execute gej, or use him for sacrifice for a better nigeria.
You are highly ignored undecided undecided
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by pheesayor(m): 3:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
Which of them did Tinubu buy o?

luvinhubby:
And Tinubu bought part of it ?
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
Mister minister, now you are there, #Buy/bring it back. No Excuses, it's year and four days already.
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by aresa: 3:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
Abeymills:
Hehen c dis minister of darkness don begin his own lies n style of dodging is incompetency d past minister under gudluck never gave all dis execuses yet Nigeria generated enough power until u n ur dullard clueless president of darkness bubuhari came in2 power jst remember there will always b a day of reckoning yeye govt of lies n propaganda

Today is the day of reckoning after 16 years of PDP's incompetence, corruption and looting and mismanaging $20 billion power fund that gave you today darkness.

1. I don't know which is which, but I'm 100% sure many of you have serious mental deficit when it come to issues relating to your own countries, you ignore facts and realities based on either your tribal, political or bigoted reasons.

2. When you sell off your interests in any entity or business, you are no longer in charge, you have no say, it is no longer your responsibility beyond regulatory issues.

3. Exactly what were your crooked and corrupt past leaders thinking when they sold your power infrastructures to their cronies for pennies?

Was there any considerations about their cronies ability to manage their infrastructures and distribute electricity?

The DISCOS they sold the infrastructures to didn't and still don't have any money to invest in the system to upgrade their system with hence lack of any improvement in the power sector.

The banks even won't give them money because of possible poor returns, they know the power sector as staged by past administrations is bad business.

Increase in tariffs means possible generated funds for the banks to consider before lending them money.

4. What exactly is the meaning of Nigeria generated enough power before this administration? Which Nigeria are you talking about?

You must be joking.

5. Nigeria's power problems started 60 years ago and was never addressed by past administrations and even the stolen and looted funds $20 billion under the past PDP administration gave us the darkness we are experiencing today.

6. Sadly for people like you, you are quick to ignore 16 years of PDP failure and stolen and mismanaged $20 billion they spent of power or darkness, but you have so much to say about a barely 1 year administration with no capacity to run anything since you've foolishly privatized your power sector and in effect at the mercy of the incompetent and worthless DISCOS.

The direct question you should answer is, what exactly do you think the minister should be doing to arrest the power situation that he's not doing? Is he the DISCO you sold your rights to or the TCN you gave your transmissions line to under contract?

All you people do is spew trash and criticize, but you know zero about anything.
Re: Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says by Memphis357(m): 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
coldsummer:
fashola should just shut up and bury his head in shame for making Nigerians pay exorbitant prices for a service they don't get.

not had light in my area in like two weeks. very low voltage that can't carry anything.

ugly on the outside, ugly on the inside
Double F............ Foolish Fashola

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supporters Waiting To Welcome Uche Ogah In Umuahia(Pics) / BIAFRA: Uwazurike Tackles Nnamdi Kanu / Operation Python Dance Is An Act Of Terror - Chuks Nwachukwu, Legal Practitioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.