Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:29 AM

How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice (44589 Views)

Wike, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amina In Ogoni For The Launch Of Clean-up / Photo Of People Hailing Okorocha In Ogoni / Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Blizzy9ja: 9:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
How did this rubbish make frontpage?.... Chei!
Nairaland don finish
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by duality(m): 10:07pm On Jun 03, 2016
Wow!!!!

What a thread!!

Henceforth, Seun and his mod should not ban anyone on this forum. Everything is wrong with this thread. Worse, it's on the front page.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by TBankxx(m): 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2016
Most dumb post ever!!
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by jkross(m): 10:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
Yeye..if he was assassinated first and foremost osibanjo will be sworn in...and a panel of enquiry will be set up...end of discussion...There will be unrest in the North and soldiers will move in to quench it...finish...JF Kennedy was assassinated and the US marines didnt level the state where it happened...Abi are u saying Nigeria is not civilized?
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Ugosample(m): 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2016
All these Kindergarten analysts sef?

Wipe out the SS/SE because you think it is like wiping your ass after shitting Smh
Nobody has a monopoly of VIOLENCE too.

That said, all we want is peace

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by RedCapChief(m): 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
oglalasioux:

You are substituting reality for sentiment. Re examine the causes of the Nigerian civil war and ask yourself why USA and France withdrew their support for Biafra. It'll still be the reason they will support the north against the south.

(Northerners are easier to be yes men than the southerners. Who do you think institutionalized corruption in Africa?)

I don't know about USA but France supported Biafra indirectly through Gabon. They wanted Ojukwu to barter the oil wells to them before supporting him directly with fire power. However, Ojukwu refused because he felt Biafra would need the money from those oil wells for rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 04, 2016
Op your analysis are criticality wrong. Their will be tension, curfew, alot of arrests but genocide grin this isn't 1920. Except it's never caught on camera. The world is changed update your mind.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Alezy(m): 12:46am On Jun 04, 2016
irunooboo:
[b]A wise man would have cancelled the trip just like buhari did to avoid tension and war situation in the region. If buhari went to ogoni and his convoy was targeted, there will be reprisals from the security forces and that useless buffoon called fayose will be among the critics to call him a tyrant if innocent people died like the shiite incident in zaria. Those calling buhari a coward should realize that he just saved them from a possible crisis in their region and besides the president cancelled lagos and senegal trips where there was no threat from any group. What he did is in the interest of the innocent residents. Nigerian government will level the Niger delta if they are pushed to the wall. Forget the oil installations bullshits, air raids will cripple the economy accepted but the government will resort to loans from foreign bodies to sustain it's economy hereby putting millions in further debts and poverty. Fayose is a bastard yoruba man mixed with igbo blood for criticizing buhari on this decision. His mother needs to be questioned [/b]
You think every yoruba man/woman is foolish enough to follow this lairs party like u abi?
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by mare23ayo(m): 1:46am On Jun 04, 2016
MrCow:
what is this one saying now ehn

Na so them they wipe out a whole region or when Kennedy was assassinated na everybody them kill

Muritala was killed @Ibadan, what happened

well, ion pray for the death of my president but any which way nothing will happen
Nawa o! Nawa 4 u o bros, na u kill muritala for ibadan ba?
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by bishopsele84: 2:42am On Jun 04, 2016
OP please try get small sense.I believe you were high on a Auchi weed when you wrote that beautiful nonsense
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by oglalasioux(m): 6:53am On Jun 04, 2016
RedCapChief:

I don't know about USA but France supported Biafra indirectly through Gabon. They wanted Ojukwu to barter the oil wells to them before supporting him directly with fire power. However, Ojukwu refused because he felt Biafra would need the money from those oil wells for rehabilitation and reconstruction.

There is no truth in that assertion that Ojukwu refused French support because France wanted oil. Ojukwu who would've given an arm and a leg to have any form of support from anybody. The little support France rendered to Biafra in 1968 was through the persuasions of Jacques Foccart, chief adviser to the government of France on African policy and Ivorian president Felix Boigny. De Gaulle, then French president, even sent some AK47s because he was told that an Islamic genocide was being unleashed on christian minorities. But France stopped supporting Biafra soon after due to Britain's persuasion. Britain rescued France from the Jaws of Nazi Germany and they can't be ungrateful.

As for USA, they were neck deep in the Vietnam war and hardly had time to remember there's a place called Biafra. Most of the Gabonese operations were privately funded by Ojukwu himself and Felix Boigny.

Don't believe that crap about Ojukwu refusing support because of oil. It's just propaganda.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by kingsolo4u: 8:31am On Jun 04, 2016
mohince:
If Buhari visits Ogoniland today and an attempt is made on his life, two things are bound to happen and both leads to only one end. One is to take him out using snipers or whatever and then what? The army will wipe the entire Southeast and South South off the surface of the earth. The army, Air force, Navy and all other security forces will be given a 'shoot at sight order' to keep shelling the entire region until nothing moves again, yes, nothing. The other is to make an attempt on his life and he escapes the assassination plot; either ways, the security agents will still kill everyone and everything. So, who wins?
No matter how it plays out, the northerners will immediately commence ethnic Cleansing against the Millions of southerners in the North and the Southerners will also annihilate the Few northerners in the South and a full scale war that is worse than the Biafra or bokoHaram war will begin. Every ethnic group will take up arm against the other and continue to kill one another till the whole country is littered with corpses. Then the international community will wade into the crisis in the name of quelling the fight and take our oil and lands away from us. Then another round of Colonialization will begin in full gear and the few ones that are lucky to be alive will become slaves to the West. Biafra is lost and One Nigeria is also lost. So, who wins?
Then 60 years from now, one of the few lucky survivors of the war will author a book with the title: 'There was a country' or 'Buhari's visit to Ogoniland: The beginning of the end of Nigeria'; or something like that. Again, who wins?
But after a deep thought, I told myself that Buhari was right to cancel his visit and take the Shame that comes with it. He has clearly demonstrated a rare statesmanship that is worthy of emulation. The Buhari that I know is not worried about his life; he fought in the Biafra war 49 years ago. He is a war General who has seen death on several occasions. He is only concerned about the millions of life that will be wasted because of him as well as the aftermath effect of such bloody situation on the over 170million lives of fellow Nigerians.
Thank you baba for saving our lives. You have just earned yourself the title of 'The father of a new Nigeria! Shame on you Wailers!
God bless Nigeria
God bless President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR!
is now that I understand why you people are called zombies. This is
most useless post I have ever seen in my life.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by totorimi: 8:41am On Jun 04, 2016
This is the type of thinking that worries my mind, so Bubu will never die again right, what is he dies in a plane crash God forbid then it is SS & SE that killed him. What if he sleeps and dies have you forgotten that nobody has power over his life.
A leader must no be afraid to die no matter the situation it is only a coward and a man who iOS deeply enjoying life like bubu that will cancel a state function for such useless excuse.

If you even said he was having an ear infection again that would have been tolerable than this. Are these the type of people we wasted seven precious months looking for to drive our country.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by igehkc(m): 8:51am On Jun 04, 2016
mohince:
If Buhari visits Ogoniland today and an attempt is made on his life, two things are bound to happen and both leads to only one end. One is to take him out using snipers or whatever and then what? The army will wipe the entire Southeast and South South off the surface of the earth. The army, Air force, Navy and all other security forces will be given a 'shoot at sight order' to keep shelling the entire region until nothing moves again, yes, nothing. The other is to make an attempt on his life and he escapes the assassination plot; either ways, the security agents will still kill everyone and everything. So, who wins?
No matter how it plays out, the northerners will immediately commence ethnic Cleansing against the Millions of southerners in the North and the Southerners will also annihilate the Few northerners in the South and a full scale war that is worse than the Biafra or bokoHaram war will begin. Every ethnic group will take up arm against the other and continue to kill one another till the whole country is littered with corpses. Then the international community will wade into the crisis in the name of quelling the fight and take our oil and lands away from us. Then another round of Colonialization will begin in full gear and the few ones that are lucky to be alive will become slaves to the West. Biafra is lost and One Nigeria is also lost. So, who wins?
Then 60 years from now, one of the few lucky survivors of the war will author a book with the title: 'There was a country' or 'Buhari's visit to Ogoniland: The beginning of the end of Nigeria'; or something like that. Again, who wins?
But after a deep thought, I told myself that Buhari was right to cancel his visit and take the Shame that comes with it. He has clearly demonstrated a rare statesmanship that is worthy of emulation. The Buhari that I know is not worried about his life; he fought in the Biafra war 49 years ago. He is a war General who has seen death on several occasions. He is only concerned about the millions of life that will be wasted because of him as well as the aftermath effect of such bloody situation on the over 170million lives of fellow Nigerians.
Thank you baba for saving our lives. You have just earned yourself the title of 'The father of a new Nigeria! Shame on you Wailers!
God bless Nigeria
God bless President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR!

What is this one saying?
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by mark3009(m): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2016
Perfectdanny:
No make me and vex o
What is this one saying? So someone can just come and kill bubu abi?
Is he invincible?
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 04, 2016
mark3009:

Is he invincible?
Eheh na grin grin
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Mykelpato(m): 6:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
Am beginning to luv this my phone like mad.....
Once I type "Thunder" the next thing that pops up in auto edit is "fire Buhari"......
My phone too recognizes Buhari. God is too wonderful.....
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
Psoul:

The gods r very much gbask. Dis is the jarasis of a comarado. Who awa. Shine me ya lalala nawani. May u walk and neva stumble. attempta on yuwaness is attempta on neked wire. fire your jarasis let me timpa. The gods are wise.
Lsf Holyman vibrating via ilya du okokorokoo moronto minus infinity. But I remain hyperwoged. Dayziz nwannemus
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Psoul(m): 5:06am On Jun 08, 2016
chymevicks:

Lsf Holyman vibrating via ilya du okokorokoo moronto minus infinity. But I remain hyperwoged. Dayziz nwannemus

Turupepe turupepe, d gods r hyper woged. Dis is Chefes Kpokposky firing jarasis via Elia Ikenga. Cariability is not akarabilty. When shall it not become dat a Chefes laka muwaness shall even shine my golden falanges wt a non carriable entity. It shall neva become. Fire me, dis jarasis, is it by hyper carriable chefese via comarados or by via iheanutara nanti. Fire me the ilia, fire me d chefese for me to timpa. If the gods r wise, fire me the lalala or fem la bush shall b ur keske and muwaness shall vulevu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Can't An Igbo Man Be The President? - Pastor Paul Enenche / Photos Of Victims From Yola Market Bomb Blast / Britain & Bindmans Seek Nnamdi Kanu’s Consent To Take Over Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.