Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel (3674 Views)

The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! / John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon / John Grisham Fan Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by molluma(f): 4:24pm On May 28, 2007
edak:

each book has a different feel to it and a certain uniqueness but the John Grisham touch is always noticable. i think i love all his books, to single my favourite is quite tasking
i agree wit u,.but seeing that i hv read the firm bout 5 times i hv to pick it
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by charka: 10:12am On Jun 05, 2007
i would say A TIME TO KILL cos that was the only one that made me cry, it was like i was watching a movie
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by lollytee71(f): 1:58am On Jun 07, 2007
For me the Client is the best.
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by doyin13(m): 12:10am On Jun 09, 2007
I used to be hooked on the books, but after a while they ge so formulaic and fantastic.

The dialogue is also pretty mechanic and unralistic.

I now categorise him in the 'pop' group of authors with the sheldons, collins etc.

funny that these authors seem to be popular on these forums.duh

I guess that's pop for u
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by ladebi(m): 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2007
You dont have a favourite if you are a fan of Grisham's works cos all Grishams works are what a complete novel is. from The Firm to The Painted House.But i bet if he had gone legal with The Painted House it would have been my favourite.
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by gmemdee(m): 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2007
I would say The Partner. Let me add though that as much as i love Grisham's novels i
can't understand why they end with the protagonist somehow , how do i put it?em, well losing out. I was heartbroken after i read the Partner.Then i read the rainmaker,the firm,the street lawyer, King of torts,, etc and i noticed the pattern.
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by afrowelsh: 3:32pm On Jun 09, 2007
the testament is da bomb
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by amena(f): 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2007
GRISHAM IS SUCH A WONDERFUL WRITER.
MY FAVOURITE IS RUNAWAY JURY AND THE CLIENT
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2007
A TIME TO KILL(d first d d best)
THE BRETHREN(Scamming ex judges)
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by RuuDie(m): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2007
the PELICAN BRIEF for me !
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by ayisha(f): 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2007
A Time to Kill 1st
The Firm 2nd
The Client 3rd
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by ayisha(f): 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2007
Thing is if u love John Grisham cuz of law then u must definitely love Steve martini, courtroom drama, he is simply off the hook
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by Esss(m): 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2007
Grisham's best book?? Hmm, I've only read a few, but so far I'll stick with THE PARTNER

Grisham's worst book; THE INNOCENT MAN. PLEASE DO NOT EVEN READ THE BOOK LET ALONE BUY ONE>
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by krap(m): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2007
i would kill for THE FIRM
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by azeezah(f): 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2007
My best John Grisham novel is The Partner.it is a really goodbook
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by viee(f): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2007
just finished reading 'the Broker', wasnt bad at all.
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by uzygirl(f): 11:47pm On Jul 18, 2007
ladebi:

You don't have a favourite if you are a fan of Grisham's works because all Grishams works are what a complete novel is. from The Firm to The Painted House.

Totally agree with you. All his books are my favorites. Even 'Painted House' comes with the package too.(guess every writer has his bad day though)
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2007
"Painted House" is one of his best books. and it proves he can actually write outside of the formulaic legal-thriller theme.
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by ladebi(m): 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2007
thats it
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by Amigoz(f): 10:25pm On Jul 20, 2007
The Partner is my favourite
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by dinozzo(m): 7:31pm On Jul 22, 2007
A time to kill, was the first of his I read too.
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by vivann(f): 10:14pm On Jul 22, 2007
I loved The Brethen and The Pelican Brief.

His Worst book is The Painted House,was he trying to ruin himself with that one?
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2007
vivann:

His Worst book is The Painted House,was he trying to ruin himself with that one?

you dont understand grin you need to broaden your literary horizon
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by ladebi(m): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2007
vivann:

Please your reason.
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by nuesbg: 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2007
My fav Grisham novel is A Time2 kil.cldnt put it down.
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by nuesbg: 7:44pm On Jul 23, 2007
My fav Grisham novel is A Time2 kil.cldnt put it down.
Re: What Is Your Favourite John Grisham's Novel by buikhan: 12:30am On Dec 17, 2011
give me [b]time to kil[/b]l anyday

(1) (2) (Reply)

Makeupstreet - A Self-employed Motivated Story -true Life Story. / Shades Of Lust / How To Use The Snowflake Method In Writing Novels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.