Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) (6277 Views)

Happening Now!! Debate On Changing The Country's Name, "Nigeria" Rages On!! / 150 Nigerians Killed In Cross River Communal Clash / BREAKING NEWS!!! Abia Guber: Alex Otti Steps In; The Battle Rages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:59pm On Jan 01, 2017
EdCure:

I marvel at the level of intolerance from these village boys who come to nairaland to lay claim to intellectual prowess.

You can imagine how shallow that pchukwudi is. Nigeria as a space is oversupplied with pseudo-intellectuals and ethnic jingoists bereft of cosmopolitanism.

To them, every issue must be judged from an ethno-religious prism, even when it pertains to life and death.
Any wonder why the concept and practice of investigative journalism has faced the same fate of the dinosaurs?
Father of all hypocrite admonishing his fellow colleague on NL.
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by dumodust(m): 11:57pm On Jan 01, 2017
frankly i saw nothing wrong or personal with this post... indeed it is even interesting because i never knew umuchukwu was originally nkerehi... sad.
history is important, thanks poster for bringing it to our attention

2 Likes

Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by glossy6(f): 9:39am On Jan 02, 2017
Presidiotbuhari:

^^^
Well, engaging an ignorant fellow who doesn't know how to modify or delete a thread in this board is a waste of time and space. Enjoy ur self induced ignorance and dance well to your SURUGEDE.

Well, modifying or deleting a post is never an issue to me but Mr Know it all, I guess you know how to take down an already created thread and that was the demand at that time.

Lastly, man of little brain, when you are not comfortable with an issue, there are a thousand and one ways to pass your message without threats and insults.
#backtosenderbyfireeeee

As for Umuchukwu and Nkerehi issue, they can go ahead and kill themselves for all I care, I don't have a single relation there except in laws.
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by glossy6(f): 9:55am On Jan 02, 2017
dumodust:
frankly i saw nothing wrong or personal with this post... indeed it is even interesting because i never knew umuchukwu was originally nkerehi... sad.
history is important, thanks poster for bringing it to our attention

I brought up the issue without any bias but some people got peeved by the post and I had to satisfy their ego. It is too early to start cyber war on nl, though I created this thread much earlier.

So much fuss over a village name.

Mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by EdCure: 10:28am On Jan 02, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
Father of all hypocrite admonishing his fellow colleague on NL.
I know you're one of the least tolerant posters on here. It's obvious that your wanton race to become more moslem than the sultan and Shekau is driving you nuts, coupled with your innate inability to manage the fallouts of your cognitive dissonance.

Bro, you need to give yourself a break. Quit the obsession and stop taking things personal before you wear yourself off.
It's just an advice. Happy New Year.

3 Likes

Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pchukwudi: 11:05am On Jan 02, 2017
Your removing the post was the right thing, and you knew it. If you are the person in question whose husband and neice were mentioned, I'd suggest you let them know you shared their positions here. I'm sure they won't like it. Again sharing the stuff was not really the issue, the isue was WHERE you shared it. My dear, NL (politics section) is polluted. Do not take the hatred you see here for granted. Of course, no body in his right mind will do you any harm for airing your opinion. But you saw how the first few people who responed to your "innocent" post used it as an alibi to slight an entire region.

But, come to think of it, I also noticed that you did not counter the views of those early commenters who "misinterpreted" your post and used it as a basis to hurl insult on an entire movement that involves millions of none Umuchukwu people.

Asking you to take down the post was not about ego. It was more about affinity. But maybe you were not really the person I thought you were.

glossy6:

I brought up the issue without any bias but some people got peeved by the post and I had to satisfy their ego. It is too early to start cyber war on nl, though I created this thread much earlier.

Mtcheww
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
EdCure:

I know you're one of the least tolerant posters on here. It's obvious that your wanton race to become more moslem than the sultan and Shekau is driving you nuts, coupled with your innate inability to manage the fallouts of your cognitive dissonance.

Bro, you need to give yourself a break. Quit the obsession and stop taking things personal before you wear yourself off.
It's just an advice. Happy New Year.
If there is anyone who is intolerant its u.
U re found of gracing threads touching on Islam and Muslims, irrespective of the issue, whether positive or not, with sooooo much outpour of hate and vile.
U hate Muslims whether or not they re gud.
Purge ursef of this hate and u ll be a fine fellow.

1 Like

Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by glossy6(f): 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2017
pchukwudi:
Your removing the post was the right thing, and you knew it. If you are the person in question whose husband and neice were mentioned, I'd suggest you let them know you shared their positions here. I'm sure they won't like it. Again sharing the stuff was not really the issue, the isue was WHERE you shared it. My dear, NL (politics section) is polluted. Do not take the hatred you see here for granted. Of course, no body in his right mind will do you any harm for airing your opinion. But you saw how the first few people who responed to your "innocent" post used it as an alibi to slight an entire region.

But, come to think of it, I also noticed that you did not counter the views of those early commenters who "misinterpreted" your post and used it as a basis to hurl insult on an entire movement that involves millions of none Umuchukwu people.

Asking you to take down the post was not about ego. It was more about affinity. But maybe you were not really the person I thought you were.

My husband's nieces names remain unknown and no other name was mentioned apart from the key actor.

As for countering the anti Igbo comments on the thread, am not the only Igbo person on nl. It is a public forum and every person is entitled to his/her opinion, whether biased or not but we know the serious minded ones and the mischievous ones.

Lastly, who did you think I was (sic)

2 Likes

Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pchukwudi: 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
I'm sure you know exactly what I'm saying. I already spoke to you like a sister. But if you insist, you may go ahead and restore the post. If you don't understand the inappropriateness of posting that stuff here, today, you'd definitely understand it tomorrow. Peace.

glossy6:

My husband's nieces names remain unknown and no other name was mentioned apart from the key actor.

As for countering the anti Igbo comments on the thread, am not the only Igbo person on nl. It is a public forum and every person is entitled to his/her opinion, whether biased or not but we know the serious minded ones and the mischievous ones.

Lastly, who did you think I was (sic)
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by ImperialYoruba: 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
pchukwudi:
I'm sure you know exactly what I'm saying. I already spoke to you like a sister. But if you insist, you may go ahead and restore the post. If you don't understand the inappropriateness of posting that stuff here, today, you'd definitely understand it tomorrow. Peace.

Stop your bullying tactics on that poster. What is anti Ibo about exposing the fact that what you promote as Dubai is a ghetto village, divided and at war.

Nonsense!
OP, you have done nothing wrong, leave your ppos in its original.

1 Like

Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by dumodust(m): 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2017
glossy6:

Mtcheww
na wa
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pentlumpro(f): 8:38am On Jan 03, 2017
The person that opened this thread must be out of his or her idiotic mind
You gave afonja fools the opportunity to spew trash
You gave the likes of the afonja idiot that calls himself imperial to come here and talk sh.it
Are you from umuchukwu talkless of being igbo
The issue of change of name had long been resolved
You went and dug up an old story just to satisfy your ego
You didn't even bother to find out the current state of things before rushing to post this trash
I hope you are happy now
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by glossy6(f): 10:21am On Jan 03, 2017
pentlumpro:
You gave the likes of the afonja idiot that calls himself imperial to come here and talk sh.it
You didn't even bother to find out the current state of things before rushing to post this trash
I hope you are happy now

Are you from mars? The issue is still very much on. You are definitely out of your idiotic mind to spill that trash from that anus you called mouth. When last did you visit Umuchukwu abi Nkerehi, you that is more Igbo than me. You must be suffering from chronic diarrhoea of the mouth. I will be the one to tell you the current state of things in that village, not you that can't afford transport fare to the village.

What sort of crap is this?

2 Likes

Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pentlumpro(f): 10:55am On Jan 03, 2017
glossy6:

Are you from mars? The issue is still very much on. You are definitely out of your idiotic mind to spill that trash from that anus you called mouth. When last did you visit Umuchukwu abi Nkerehi, you that is more Igbo than me. You must be suffering from chronic diarrhoea of the mouth. I will be the one to tell you the current state of things in that village, not you that can't afford transport fare to the village.

Get out of here you afonja
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by ImperialYoruba: 11:17am On Jan 03, 2017
pentlumpro:
I hope you are happy now

Pentium,
E be like say this Yoruba cassava dey call you "come, come". Cucumber don tire you? Come get this Yoruba boy my darling! grin grin
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pazienza(m): 11:29am On Jan 03, 2017
glossy6:

I have cousins from Uhu Nkerehi, now Uhu- Umuchukwu, and I had been there many times. I know the real state of things there.

The Nkerehi- Umuchukwu issue had long been resolved with a sort of no Victor no vanquished in place for years now. As money( Umuchukwu) had since prevailed over tradition( Nkerehi).

I don't know what you want to achieve by bringing this old issue to NL and presenting it as a fresh issue? Or is this your own way of seeking attention?

Biko, hafu ishiuka aka, akara nile adighu nma ibo n'ezhi, abowele.

1 Like

Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pentlumpro(f): 11:29am On Jan 03, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

Pentium,
E be like say this Yoruba cassava dey call you "come, come". Cucumber don tire you? Come get this Yoruba boy my darling! grin grin
Traaaaaaaaaaaash
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pentlumpro(f): 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
pazienza:

I have cousins from Uhu Nkerehi, now Uhu- Umuchukwu, and I had been there many times. I know the real state of things there.

The Nkerehi- Umuchukwu issue had long been resolved with a sort of no Victor no vanquished in place for years now. As money( Umuchukwu) had since prevailed over tradition( Nkerehi).

I don't know what you want to achieve by bringing this old issue to NL and presenting it as a fresh issue? Or is this your own way of seeking attention?

The problem we have In ala igbo is some so called igbos who are out to cause mischief and disintegration
The afonjas or bad belle people will never open threads on ife modakeke crisis which has claimed over 100000 lives
The crises has been on for centuries but not everyone knows about it
Here one igbo wannabe opened this thread with the aim of inviting outsiders to mock us
Our people should learn from the likes of investnow2013 Odenigboaroli and spyder80
These guys i mentioned has made it a duty to showcase ala igbo to the world
Some of them own websites showcasing the sights and sounds of ala igbo
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by glossy6(f): 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2017
pazienza:

You mean to tell us that there are no Nkerehi and Umuchukwu in the same village? I wish it is true but I hate lies for the sake of hypocrisy. I've deleted the post but it didn't change the truth that even at death, the war continues. Go and ask your cousins for the true state of affairs and don't come with your tongue in cheek accusing me of seeking attention as per how?

When last were you there?

Someone suggested that I delete the post, which I did, yet some tribal bigots came up here to insult me, over what? Am not into tribal war with anybody on nl, if you are at war, ride on.

At least, your Igbo intonation shows that you are nwa afor Orumba.

Gi isim rapu okwu di iche na ikpom onye ashi. Ezi okwu bu ndu. Ema nke wu ezi okwu. Ma na obi adi rom uto na esemuku no ni ime Umuchukwu na Nkerehi. Amam ihe nna abo
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by glossy6(f): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2017
pentlumpro:
anu ofia
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by glossy6(f): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2017
pentlumpro:
anu ofia
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by denziz: 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
glossy6:

anu ofia
I like your maturity,I belief we need more of your type on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pentlumpro(f): 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
glossy6:

anu ofia
Ezi ohia akwuna ndi afonja
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by glossy6(f): 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
pentlumpro:
Dika nne gi
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pchukwudi: 7:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
glossy6:

Dika nne gi

Ada, ozugo. Atupu zinaru onye obuna onu n'kwua. I nugo?
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pchukwudi: 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
You did not have to say that. And I suggest you apologise to her. angry

pentlumpro:

Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pentlumpro(f): 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
glossy6:

Dika nne gi
Na nne nne gi
Nwanyi akwatara na iko ka ibu
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pentlumpro(f): 7:31pm On Jan 03, 2017
pchukwudi:
You did not have to say that. And I suggest you apologise to her. angry

She was the first to insult me in igbo
She should apologise for being a sabo
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by glossy6(f): 7:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
pentlumpro:

Na nne nne gi
Nwanyi akwatara na iko ka ibu

aluru nne gi alu?
za num
ofu nne, nna iri

pentlumpro:
I hope you are happy now

So calling me an idiot is not an insult abi?

followed by this

pentlumpro:

Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pentlumpro(f): 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
glossy6:

aluru nne gi alu?
za num
ofu nne, nna iri
Akwatara gi na iko
Anurumu na nne gi di nara nkita
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by glossy6(f): 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
pentlumpro:

Akwatara gi na iko
Anurumu na nne gi di nara nkita

agburu gi nile wu na iko ka akwatara ha.
ozu di ka gi
Re: The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) by pentlumpro(f): 7:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
glossy6:

So calling me an idiot is not an insult abi?

Did i quote you or call your name when I posted
It's not my fault that you choose to answer the idiot

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Announces Retirement From Public Functions,Releases Heartbreaking Message / 2019: Elechi, Dr. Oun, Ogbuorji Cant Stand Gov. Umahi Bulldozing Political / Gov. Ugwuanyi Swears In Special Advisers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.