Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (80554 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
mmark12:
JEHOVAH WICKEDNESS

WHAT YOU JUST TYPIED IN PUBLIC WILL BEAR WITNESS AGAINST YOU...
JEHOVAH IS THE NAME OF GOD ALMIGHTY... YOU JUST ADDED WICKEDNESS TO HIS NAME...

HOPE YOU KNOW THE IMPLICATION OF THAT??

[exodus 20:7]
You must not take up the name of JEHOVAH your God in a worthless way, for JEHOVAH will not leave unpunished the one who takes up His name in a worthless way.

[Deuteronomy 5:11]
You must not take up the name of JEHOVAH your God in a worthless way, for JEHOVAH will not leave anyone unpunished who takes up his name in a worthless way.

[Psalm 139:20]
Those who say things against you with evil intent; They are your adversaries who take up your name in a worthless way.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
goodnewscliff:
ur ex wasnt a jwitness...go check on her recently...she aint a witness...a bonafide witness wouldnt date u
See what I mean? Secret society! You want others to attend your church but refuse to accept others' doctrines. Hypocrites! undecided
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Horlufemi(m): 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
Sarang:

And am still wondering how someone can be with a person and be that person.. undecided

To answer that you need to know what makes God God. The bold is the issue. God is omniscient omnipresent Omnipotent.

W(Godhood) | G(Godhood)

John 1:1 in simple terms means the Word is a God not a god.

John 1:1 is much more likely describing Jesus as having all the qualities of God—capital G. It separates Jesus from God the father(with God) then further states Jesus has all the qualities of God - capital G.

Philippians 2:5-7 NLT
You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. [6] Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God [/b]as something to cling to. [7] Instead, [b]he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form,

I don't know how to further explain.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 10:22pm On Jun 05, 2016
jahstech:

Keep up the good work, you still didn't answer my question on the right way. Or to your views now the man you are parading is the way to life?

the right way is JESUS, JESUS, and JESUS ONLY! John 14:6

any man or organization that claims linkage to special understanding to the right way is an impostor and a fraud!

Jesus never created any structure that would be used to get to him. if you believe in Jesus, give to orphans and widows, live a pure moral life you are on the right way be you a Catholic, JW or whatever. the problem with highly controlled sects like JW, Mormon etc is that they are more suspectible to moving in a wrong way, that satiates the selfish interests of governing wolfs in sheep clothing. only when criticisms are thrown at their baseless beliefs just like am doing, then can they have enough sense to move in the right way.

I would think along your direction when Jehovah's Organization as a whole starts heading to a downward spiral according to your accersions

am not sure you are obvious to the downward trend of your organizations membership growth, do consult your year-book for more enlightment. watchtower growth has dropped drastically during the 1990,s and has been somehow stagnant for about 5 years now.

But for now, what ever you do have this in mind: Acts 5:39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.(KJV).

MODIFIED
And please quote me in 10 years time on how far you have gone in coming up with ideas on how to save not just the Witnesses but humanity as a whole, and I will tell you how many more Witnesses have been added earth wide during this same period. Then I would leave you to judge for yourself if you are really doing a great work.

Cheers.

by then you would have prolly opened a new monicker named paulJastech, talking about other christain groups that have a strong anti-war stance. cheesy
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by AyamConfidence(m): 10:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
Silvofitz:
I see it as opportunity to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ the Son of God to them.
I dominate the discussion. And most times, they run away, and they never come again.
On a few cases, they went away remorsefully on realizing they were wrong.
let's discuss the bible bro...you'll be glad you did

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by annnikky(f): 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
talktonase:
See what your naughty mind is causing you abi...The truth can be soo underrated these days
We're saying d same this g here or maybe there is something u're not telling me
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by AyamConfidence(m): 10:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
oneroflo57:
Do they evangelise in kano or other northern states
Jehovah's Witnesses are all over Nigeria as well as in over 239 countries including islands...thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goody1shoe73(m): 11:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
flamingREED:

Not so.

When I'm disposed, listen to them.

If I mind, I might turn their attention to their need of freedom from sin.

Jws don't believe in righteous living.

And they can never attain righteousness
Because they deny that Jesus blood avails for the sinner even at this moment.
You can't be further away from the truth

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by jahstech: 11:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
paulGrundy:

the right way is JESUS, JESUS, and JESUS ONLY! John 14:6

any man or organization that claims linkage to special understanding to the right way is an impostor and a fraud!

Jesus never created any structure that would be used to get to him. if you believe in Jesus, give to orphans and widows, live a pure moral life you are on the right way be you a Catholic, JW or whatever. the problem with highly controlled sects like JW, Mormon etc is that they are more suspectible to moving in a wrong way, that satiates the selfish interests of governing wolfs in sheep clothing. only when criticisms are thrown at their baseless beliefs just like am doing, then can they have enough sense to move in the right way.

am not sure you are obvious to the downward trend of your organizations membership growth, do consult your year-book for more enlightment. watchtower growth has dropped drastically during the 1990,s and has been somehow stagnant for about 5 years now.

by then you would have prolly opened a new monicker named paulJastech, talking about other christain groups that have a strong anti-war stance. cheesy

The more I hear you speak the more I believe the Witnesses have the truth.
I never knew their growth was stagnant, am hearing it from you. Read my words over again, I said downward spiral not stagnant.

Jesus is the way to where? How do you find this way? If the way was simply that simple to find why were there opposers of the Christ himself? Were the Pharisees and the Saudecees not professed worshippers of God at the time of Christ?

Note: am not against anything you feel is the right way, choose your way and stick to it, what am against is you going about with propaganda condemning one body or the other.

You not the first and you would never be the last, my point is "How far can you go with your Propaganda?" Deep down in your heart do you feel you can convince 4 out of the over 8 million Witnesses earth wide that what they believe is false?

You guys always get it wrong, if you feel is just a fluke that over 8 million people earth wide believe same thing and would give you same answer for same question you ask any where around the world, then you and Paul Grundy try organizing your own group and let's see how far you would get!

People said and keep saying C T Russell was the founder, many said the organization would die off after his death, how many years now?

There are those more knowledgeable and wiser than you who ended up being Witnesses around the world, who are very much still alive today, why don't you do your research and meet these one to prove to them that they are ignorant? You are here fighting me that doesn't know anything.

I dared you and your Master, since you that serious that God sent you to expose the evil work of the Witnesses, in my very honest opinion, you are doing a very terrible job, if this is how you plan to save the world then everyone would as well die. Please try harder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 11:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
flamingREED:

Not so.

When I'm disposed, listen to them.

If I mind, I might turn their attention to their need of freedom from sin.

Jws don't believe in righteous living.

And they can never attain righteousness
Because they deny that Jesus blood avails for the sinner even at this moment.

In addition to that, JW's believe that obeying to teachings of the governing body as showed in their literature, is what will give you salvation, as opposed to faith in Jesus' death and ressurection.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
paulGrundy:

what you are typing is laughable grin
virtually ALL groups claim scriptures as basis for their contradictory teachings. a Catholic that uses the rosary to recite hail Mary, uses luke 1:26-45 as basis for their tradition, are witnesses any different from them?
Yes. Most people laugh at things they don't fully accept or understand yet

What beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses set them apart as different from other religions?

(1) Bible: Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God, and instead of adhering to a creed based on human tradition, they hold to the Bible as the standard for all their beliefs.

(2) God: They worship Jehovah as the only true God and freely speak to others about him and his loving purposes toward mankind. Anyone who publicly witnesses about Jehovah is usually identified as belonging to the one group—“Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

(3) Jesus Christ: They believe, not that Jesus Christ is part of a Trinity, but that, as the Bible says, he is the Son of God, the first of God’s creations; that he had a prehuman existence and that his life was transferred from heaven to the womb of a virgin, Mary; that his perfect human life laid down in sacrifice makes possible salvation to eternal life for those who exercise faith; that Christ is actively ruling as King, with God-given authority over all the earth since 1914.

(4) God’s Kingdom: They believe that God’s Kingdom is the only hope for mankind; that it is a real government; that it will soon destroy the present wicked system of things, including all human governments, and that it will produce a new system in which righteousness will prevail.

(5) Heavenly life: They believe that 144,000 spirit-anointed Christians will share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom, ruling as kings with him. They do not believe that heaven is the reward for everyone who is “good.”

(6) The earth: They believe that God’s original purpose for the earth will be fulfilled; that the earth will be completely populated by worshipers of Jehovah and that these will be able to enjoy eternal life in human perfection; that even the dead will be raised to an opportunity to share in these blessings.

(7) Death: They believe that the dead are conscious of absolutely nothing; that they are experiencing neither pain nor pleasure in some spirit realm; that they do not exist except in God’s memory, so hope for their future life lies in a resurrection from the dead.

(cool Last days: They believe that we are living now, since 1914, in the last days of this wicked system of things;

(9) Separate from the world: They earnestly endeavor to be no part of the world, as Jesus said would be true of his followers. They show genuine Christian love for their neighbors, but they do not share in the politics or the wars of any nation. They provide for the material needs of their families but shun the world’s avid pursuit of material things and personal fame and its excessive indulgence in pleasure.

(10) Apply Bible counsel: They believe that it is important to apply the counsel of God’s Word in everyday life now—at home, in school, in business, in their congregation. Regardless of a person’s past way of life, he may become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses if he abandons practices condemned by God’s Word and applies its godly counsel. But if anyone thereafter makes a practice of adultery, fornication, homosexuality, drug abuse, drunkenness, lying, or stealing, he will be disfellowshipped from the organization.

The above list briefly states some outstanding beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses but by no means all the points on which their beliefs are different from those of other groups.

JW is quick to point out catholic use of images in prayer as unscriptural, but he cannot show where the word- kingdom Hall- is used to describe the place of worship of christains in the Bible.

Why the name Kingdom Hall?
Public gatherings at a Kingdom Hall focus primarily on the teachings of the Bible and its central message about “the kingdom of God,” the theme of Jesus’ ministry. (Luke 4:43) So the name Kingdom Hall, which was coined in the 1930’s, appropriately describes the purpose of these buildings—to promote true worship and serve as a hub for the preaching of the “good news of the kingdom.” (Matthew 24:14) Thus, Kingdom Halls are not used for social or commercial activities.

you claim that not all religion will make heaven, but you failed to show me why your religion is superior.
let me show you the bibles yardstick for a true religion.

james 1:27
New International Version
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Yes. But there's more to that
How can a person know which religion is right?

(1) On what are its teachings based? Are they from God, or are they largely from men? (2 Tim. 3:16; Mark 7:7) Ask, for example: Where does the Bible teach that God is a Trinity? Where does it say that the human soul is immortal?

(2) Consider whether it is making known the name of God. Jesus said in prayer to God: “I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world.” (John 17:6) He declared: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Matt. 4:10) Has your religion taught you that ‘it is Jehovah you must worship’? Have you come to know the Person identified by that name—his purposes, his activities, his qualities—so that you feel you can confidently draw close to him?

(3) Is true faith in Jesus Christ being demonstrated? This involves appreciation of the value of the sacrifice of Jesus’ human life and of his position today as heavenly King. (John 3:36; Ps. 2:6-cool Such appreciation is shown by obeying Jesus—sharing personally and zealously in the work that he assigned to his followers. True religion has such faith that is accompanied by works.—Jas. 2:26.

(4) Is it largely ritualistic, a formality, or is it a way of life? God strongly disapproves of religion that is merely a formalism. (Isa. 1:15-17) True religion upholds the Bible’s standard of morality and clean speech instead of weakly going along with popular trends. (1 Cor. 5:9-13; Eph. 5:3-5) Its members reflect the fruits of God’s spirit in their lives. (Gal. 5:22, 23) So, those who adhere to true worship can be identified because they sincerely endeavor to apply Bible standards in their lives not only at their places of meeting but in their family life, at their secular work, in school, and in recreation.

(5) Do its members truly love one another? Jesus said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35) Such love reaches across racial, social, and national boundaries, drawing people together in genuine brotherhood. So strong is this love that it sets them apart as being truly different. When the nations go to war, who have enough love for their Christian brothers in other lands that they refuse to take up arms and kill them? That is what early Christians did.

6) Is it truly separate from the world? Jesus said that his true followers would be “no part of the world.” (John 15:19) To worship God in a manner that he approves requires that we keep ourselves “without spot from the world.” (Jas. 1:27) Can that be said of those whose clergy and other members are involved in politics, or whose lives are largely built around materialistic and fleshly desires?—1 John 2:15-17.

(7) Are its members active witnesses concerning God’s Kingdom? Jesus foretold: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matt. 24:14) What religion is really proclaiming God’s Kingdom as the hope of mankind instead of encouraging people to look to human rulership to solve their problems? Has your religion equipped you to share in this activity, and to do it from house to house as Jesus taught his apostles to do?—Matt. 10:7, 11-13; Acts 5:42; 20:20.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by flamingREED(m): 11:25pm On Jun 05, 2016
paulGrundy:

In addition to that, JW's believe that obeying to teachings of the governing body as showed in their literature, is what will give you salvation, as opposed to faith in Jesus' death and ressurection.

They're among those the Bible categorises as 'willfully ignorant'.

I pity them.

Thank God I was able to convert one of them.

She's already a worker in DLBC.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by flamingREED(m): 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nnaabros:

What beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses set them apart as different from other religions?

(1) Bible: Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God, and instead of adhering to a creed based on human tradition, they hold to the Bible as the standard for all their beliefs.

(2) God: They worship Jehovah as the only true God and freely speak to others about him and his loving purposes toward mankind. Anyone who publicly witnesses about Jehovah is usually identified as belonging to the one group—“Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

(3) Jesus Christ: They believe, not that Jesus Christ is part of a Trinity, but that, as the Bible says, he is the Son of God, the first of God’s creations; that he had a prehuman existence and that his life was transferred from heaven to the womb of a virgin, Mary; that his perfect human life laid down in sacrifice makes possible salvation to eternal life for those who exercise faith; that Christ is actively ruling as King, with God-given authority over all the earth since 1914.

(4) God’s Kingdom: They believe that God’s Kingdom is the only hope for mankind; that it is a real government; that it will soon destroy the present wicked system of things, including all human governments, and that it will produce a new system in which righteousness will prevail.

(5) Heavenly life: They believe that 144,000 spirit-anointed Christians will share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom, ruling as kings with him. They do not believe that heaven is the reward for everyone who is “good.”

(6) The earth: They believe that God’s original purpose for the earth will be fulfilled; that the earth will be completely populated by worshipers of Jehovah and that these will be able to enjoy eternal life in human perfection; that even the dead will be raised to an opportunity to share in these blessings.

(7) Death: They believe that the dead are conscious of absolutely nothing; that they are experiencing neither pain nor pleasure in some spirit realm; that they do not exist except in God’s memory, so hope for their future life lies in a resurrection from the dead.

(cool Last days: They believe that we are living now, since 1914, in the last days of this wicked system of things;

(9) Separate from the world: They earnestly endeavor to be no part of the world, as Jesus said would be true of his followers. They show genuine Christian love for their neighbors, but they do not share in the politics or the wars of any nation. They provide for the material needs of their families but shun the world’s avid pursuit of material things and personal fame and its excessive indulgence in pleasure.

(10) Apply Bible counsel: They believe that it is important to apply the counsel of God’s Word in everyday life now—at home, in school, in business, in their congregation. Regardless of a person’s past way of life, he may become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses if he abandons practices condemned by God’s Word and applies its godly counsel. But if anyone thereafter makes a practice of adultery, fornication, homosexuality, drug abuse, drunkenness, lying, or stealing, he will be disfellowshipped from the organization.

The above list briefly states some outstanding beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses but by no means all the points on which their beliefs are different from those of other groups.

Public gatherings at a Kingdom Hall focus primarily on the teachings of the Bible and its central message about “the kingdom of God,” the theme of Jesus’ ministry. (Luke 4:43) So the name Kingdom Hall, which was coined in the 1930’s, appropriately describes the purpose of these buildings—to promote true worship and serve as a hub for the preaching of the “good news of the kingdom.” (Matthew 24:14) Thus, Kingdom Halls are not used for social or commercial activities.

(1) On what are its teachings based? Are they from God, or are they largely from men? (2 Tim. 3:16; Mark 7:7) Ask, for example: Where does the Bible teach that God is a Trinity? Where does it say that the human soul is immortal?

(2) Consider whether it is making known the name of God. Jesus said in prayer to God: “I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world.” (John 17:6) He declared: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Matt. 4:10) Has your religion taught you that ‘it is Jehovah you must worship’? Have you come to know the Person identified by that name—his purposes, his activities, his qualities—so that you feel you can confidently draw close to him?

(3) Is true faith in Jesus Christ being demonstrated? This involves appreciation of the value of the sacrifice of Jesus’ human life and of his position today as heavenly King. (John 3:36; Ps. 2:6-cool Such appreciation is shown by obeying Jesus—sharing personally and zealously in the work that he assigned to his followers. True religion has such faith that is accompanied by works.—Jas. 2:26.

(4) Is it largely ritualistic, a formality, or is it a way of life? God strongly disapproves of religion that is merely a formalism. (Isa. 1:15-17) True religion upholds the Bible’s standard of morality and clean speech instead of weakly going along with popular trends. (1 Cor. 5:9-13; Eph. 5:3-5) Its members reflect the fruits of God’s spirit in their lives. (Gal. 5:22, 23) So, those who adhere to true worship can be identified because they sincerely endeavor to apply Bible standards in their lives not only at their places of meeting but in their family life, at their secular work, in school, and in recreation.

(5) Do its members truly love one another? Jesus said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35) Such love reaches across racial, social, and national boundaries, drawing people together in genuine brotherhood. So strong is this love that it sets them apart as being truly different. When the nations go to war, who have enough love for their Christian brothers in other lands that they refuse to take up arms and kill them? That is what early Christians did.

6) Is it truly separate from the world? Jesus said that his true followers would be “no part of the world.” (John 15:19) To worship God in a manner that he approves requires that we keep ourselves “without spot from the world.” (Jas. 1:27) Can that be said of those whose clergy and other members are involved in politics, or whose lives are largely built around materialistic and fleshly desires?—1 John 2:15-17.

(7) Are its members active witnesses concerning God’s Kingdom? Jesus foretold: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matt. 24:14) What religion is really proclaiming God’s Kingdom as the hope of mankind instead of encouraging people to look to human rulership to solve their problems? Has your religion equipped you to share in this activity, and to do it from house to house as Jesus taught his apostles to do?—Matt. 10:7, 11-13; Acts 5:42; 20:20.

Are you free from sin?

Simply believe the blood can wash you, and your life will be washed clean.

You'll be a happy man thereafter,

Not just being a mortal man striving so hard to give himself a saintly impression only God the holy Spirit can give.

With your sins, you'll not smell God's paradise.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 11:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
jahstech:

The more I hear you speak the more I believe the Witnesses have the truth.
I never knew their growth was stagnant, am hearing it from you. Read my words over again, I said downward spiral not stagnant.

When a population is stagnant or has a high turn over rate. (The rate at which they join is the same rate at which they leave) the implication of it is that in future, there will be a downward spiral, just like it was during the 199o's.

Jesus is the way to where? How do you find this way? If the way was simply that simple to find why were there opposers of the Christ himself? Were the Pharisees and the Saudecees not professed worshippers of God at the time of Christ?

This your question is funny cheesy grin
He clearly has told us all we need to know about our christainity no more, no less and warned us about impostors who will claim to be a link to him.
John 10:

1Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.

^^^ yet the governing body claims that salvation comes through them.

1 Timothy 2:5

For there is one God, and there is [size=17pt]one mediator[/size][link] between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

^^^ little wonder after each end of the world prediction, the governing body gets richer.

They will always be opposition, as long Satan still controls the world, oppositin will be there.

Note: am not against anything you feel is the right way, choose your way and stick to it, what am against is you going about with propaganda condemning one body or the other.

You not the first and you would never be the last, my point is "How far can you go with your Propaganda?" Deep down in your heart do you feel you can convince 4 out of the over 8 million Witnesses earth wide that what they believe is false?

You guys always get it wrong, if you feel is just a fluke that over 8 million people earth wide believe same thing and would give you same answer for same question you ask any where around the world, then you and Paul Grundy try organizing your own group and let's see how far you would get!

People said and keep saying C T Russell was the founder, many said the organization would die off after his death, how many years now?

There are those more knowledgeable and wiser than you who ended up being Witnesses around the world, who are very much still alive today, why don't you do your research and meet these one to prove to them that they are ignorant? You are here fighting me that doesn't know anything.

I dared you and your Master, since you that serious that God sent you to expose the evil work of the Witnesses, in my very honest opinion, you are doing a very terrible job, if this is how you plan to save the world then everyone would as well die. Please try harder.

JW is not the first or last religion to be created, just that their prejudice disgusts me to he extent to creating threads.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by wamenzy(f): 11:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
nigerianvenom:

I have them as friends, lived with them and even during secondary school, as a boarding student, I use to attend their studies.
My uncle has more awake and watchtower including their hymns tape than even a devout jw member.
My ex gf was a jw, so no one will tell me what I don't know about them.
They are hypocrites

u are d biggest hypocrite

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
flamingREED:

Are you free from sin?

Simply believe the blood can wash you, and your life will be washed clean.

You'll be a happy man thereafter,

Not just being a mortal man striving so hard to give himself a saintly impression only God the holy Spirit can give.

With your sins, you'll not smell God's paradise.

I am not free from sin

Simply believing is not enough to wash me clean. It needs to be show by works and actions

A young man may court a young lady, telling her that he loves her. But if he never asks her to marry him, is he really demonstrating that his love is thorough? Likewise, works are a means of demonstrating the genuineness of our faith and our love. If we do not obey God we do not really love him or have faith in the rightness of his ways. (1 John 5:3, 4) But we cannot earn salvation no matter what works we do. Eternal life is a gift from God through Jesus Christ, not payment for our works.—Eph. 2:8, 9.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by flamingREED(m): 11:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nnaabros:

I am not free from sin

Simply believing is not enough to wash me clean. It needs to be show by works and actions

A young man may court a young lady, telling her that he loves her. But if he never asks her to marry him, is he really demonstrating that his love is thorough? Likewise, works are a means of demonstrating the genuineness of our faith and our love. If we do not obey God we do not really love him or have faith in the rightness of his ways. (1 John 5:3, 4) But we cannot earn salvation no matter what works we do. Eternal life is a gift from God through Jesus Christ, not payment for our works.—Eph. 2:8, 9.

So, when will you attain righteousness?

You see, you'll remain a sinner forever.

Do all you can, you'll never be free.

Believe and trust the power in Jesus blood and your sins will be erased.

The spirit of God can then inhabit you and strengthen you to live as a new creature.

By grace are we saved through faith, not by works. It's the gift of God(Eph. 2:cool.

Get cleaned first.

After we're cleansed and freed from sin, it's then up to us to uphold God's demands..

Then we can do it with ease; with a new God-seeking nature and mind; which the ordinary Jw does not possess

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 06, 2016
flamingREED:

So, when will you attain righteousness?

You see, you'll remain a sinner forever.

Do all you can, you'll never be free.

Believe and trust the power in Jesus blood and your sins will be erased.

The spirit of God can then inhabit you and strengthen you to live as a new creature.

By grace are we saved through faith, not by works. It's the gift of God(Eph. 2:cool.

Get cleaned first.

After we're cleansed and freed from sin, it's then up to us to uphold God's demands..

Then we can do it with ease; with a new God-seeking nature and mind; which the ordinary Jw does not possess

Yes, we can be cleansed and gain forgiveness, a clean conscience and salvation through Jesus shed blood.

1 Pet. 2:24: “He himself bore our sins in his own body upon the stake, in order that we might be done with sins and live to righteousness.”

In view of all that Jehovah and his Son have done to cleanse us from sin, we should strive diligently to overcome sinful tendencies. It should be completely unthinkable for us deliberately to do anything that we know is sinful!)

Titus 2:13, 14: “Christ Jesus . . . gave himself for us that he might deliver us from every sort of lawlessness and cleanse for himself a people peculiarly his own, zealous for fine works.”

(Appreciation for this marvelous provision should move us to have a zealous share in those works that Christ assigned to his true followers.)

2 Cor. 5:14, 15: “The love the Christ has compels us, because this is what we have judged, that one man died for all; so, then, all had died; and he died for all that those who live might live no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them and was raised up.”

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by onila(f): 12:29am On Jun 06, 2016
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
I'm Muslim
smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Maximus85(m): 12:52am On Jun 06, 2016
Horlufemi:

He doesn't need to he is.

Let me expanciate.

John 1:1

In the beginning was the word and the word as with God (a supreme being) and he word was God (a supreme being). Jesus has all the characteristics of God.

Jesus is equal with God i e. Same essence of God.

For your information there is a Godkind consisting of God and Jesus. Just as there exists mankind. The holy spirit is he manifestation of their power.

I rest ma case.

Satan has always wanted to undermine God's sovereignty. And in you he has succeeded. I will not try to convince you but I just want to ask you.
Jesus whom you call God came to sacrifice himself to who? To himself?

All those times he was praying, who was he praying to?

Was he praying to himself?

Did he ever mentioned that someone greater than him sent him?

Between God and Jesus who has a beginning?

And finally, when Jesus was baptised and a dove appeared. That voice heard, was it God's voice or Jesus' voice? Cos I can remember I read in the Bible that God called Jesus his son, the one he has approved. let's consider Colossians 1:15 NKV
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

If I can see and read properly.... This place called Jesus the firstborn of all creation. Meaning he has a beginning. But the almighty God has no beginning. This is a simple truth that the Bible teaches but that wicked and stupid spirit will never allow some people see the truth.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by TopeBush(m): 1:04am On Jun 06, 2016
dollyjoy:
I lock up everywhere whenever i sight them from afar or simply tell them to gerrahiamehn. They are hypocrites.undecided

I hope you realise that if you use the term "hypocrites" on a particular set of people you'll be charged with blasphemy and your head will have to be detached from your neck. But because JW's are peace loving, you have the mind to call them Hypocrites. Ride on since that's what your pastor told you .
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by TopeBush(m): 1:23am On Jun 06, 2016
To all the JW's Reading the comments
don't be discouraged by these people calling you hypocrites I know a place in the bible that says true Christians will be hated, come to think of it JW's are the most hated today and for no reason at least you don't behead people but people still hate you for preaching in good and bad weathers.
Most of these people operate on what their pastors told them . same pastors that ate from the dasuki loots, same pastors that divorced their wives . same pastors thatbslept with church members. But Keep on the good work Few are those on the narrow road they will be hated Jesus was hated too .they will be called hypocrites Jesus disciples were called that too. But keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by toprealman: 1:48am On Jun 06, 2016
talktonase:
If naah woman i go allow her inside.After having healthy religious conversations i will sharply collect her number...
why add unnecessary contact and keep calling forever knowing that picking ur call na long thing? Do the needful there and then!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by flamingREED(m): 2:24am On Jun 06, 2016
Nnaabros:

Yes, we can be cleansed and gain forgiveness, a clean conscience and salvation through Jesus shed blood.

1 Pet. 2:24: “He himself bore our sins in his own body upon the stake, in order that we might be done with sins and live to righteousness.”

In view of all that Jehovah and his Son have done to cleanse us from sin, we should strive diligently to overcome sinful tendencies. It should be completely unthinkable for us deliberately to do anything that we know is sinful!)

Titus 2:13, 14: “Christ Jesus . . . gave himself for us that he might deliver us from every sort of lawlessness and cleanse for himself a people peculiarly his own, zealous for fine works.”

(Appreciation for this marvelous provision should move us to have a zealous share in those works that Christ assigned to his true followers.)

2 Cor. 5:14, 15: “The love the Christ has compels us, because this is what we have judged, that one man died for all; so, then, all had died; and he died for all that those who live might live no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them and was raised up.”

Nonsense..

GET CLEANED FIRST.

Then live as a cleaned soul.

That's what Jesus did, does and shall do till the time of the end.

'in view' is not same as 'asking in prayer by faith'.

You'll get cleaned up by prayer of faith.

Then you demonstrate his cleansing by a walk of faith.

This is what the gospel is.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 06, 2016
Horlufemi:

To answer that you need to know what makes God God. The bold is the issue. God is omniscient omnipresent Omnipotent.

W(Godhood) | G(Godhood)

John 1:1 in simple terms means the Word is a God not a god.

John 1:1 is much more likely describing Jesus as having all the qualities of God—capital G. It separates Jesus from God the father(with God) then further states Jesus has all the qualities of God - capital G.

Philippians 2:5-7 NLT
You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. [6] Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God [/b]as something to cling to. [7] Instead, [b]he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form,

I don't know how to further explain.
wots dis one saying Dis is d most confusion post I've read on dis topic... Abegg arrange ur tins well b4 posting....

Next!!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Impulse80(m): 6:14am On Jun 06, 2016
Tallesty1:
How are they hypocrites?

They are a good example of what Christianity is about.
The go around preaching the gospel to all nations.

They assure you that hard times will come and encourage to stand strong in faith unlike today's prosperity preachers.

They teach love.

They teach you to work hard instead depending on inexplicable miracles.

You hardly hear that a member of them molest an under aged kid.

They are united.

They make out time for the poor and needy.

They are not greedy.

What else is Christianity about?

I am not a witness but I study bible with 10s of them and they treat and respect me like a family.

Unlike what's obtainable in other religious organizations that see members of other denominations as unbelievers.a.My brother, please don't compare those invitation cards that my church and your church share to the books that the Jehovah witness share.

What's in our fliers? A theme, a programme, a venue, my pastor's selfie and a testimony that is most times false.

Bro, make we leave talk. I used to accept fliers because I write quotation of goods at the back but I have stopped since they started writing testimonies there.

Why invite me to your church program when you know that I am member of another church?

I see them as revenue generators for their respective churches.

Bros i owe you a thousand likes!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by jahstech: 6:19am On Jun 06, 2016
paulGrundy:

When a population is stagnant or has a high turn over rate. (The rate at which they join is the same rate at which they leave) the implication of it is that in future, there will be a downward spiral, just like it was during the 199o's.

This your question is funny cheesy grin
He clearly has told us all we need to know about our christainity no more, no less and warned us about impostors who will claim to be a link to him.
John 10:

1Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.

^^^ yet the governing body claims that salvation comes through them.

1 Timothy 2:5

For there is one God, and there is [size=17pt]one mediator[/size][link] between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

^^^ little wonder after each end of the world prediction, the governing body gets richer.

They will always be opposition, as long Satan still controls the world, oppositin will be there.

JW is not the first or last religion to be created, just that their prejudice disgusts me to he extent to creating threads.

What is your drive?
LOVE for over 8 million people that they are going to die blindly? Or just hatred?

From all your comments I deduce you are in no way near a Christian and can never be one, if you truly LOVE these ones that are heading to their doom, I expect you to put up a harder fight to save them. Christ saw the same thing you are seeing now, and what was his response? He said he was moved with pity for the crowd.

Where is the love and eagerness to save a whooping 8 million people from dying? By now I am expect you to embark on a world tour, and try as much as you can to save your fellow man from dying, but here you are trying to convince one or two on Nairaland out of millions out there, can you see that you are blinded?

Due to where I belong now, if am in your shoes and know my neighbor would die as a result of what he or she is doing, I won't threat the issue with such levity like are now, it shows you don't love those who are about to die and can never do anything to help them.

Like others who were against Christina from time past, you and your master would die off and the organization would still continue, so please out of love save as many people as you can now before death comes knocking.

My final advice.

Thanks.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Horlufemi(m): 7:14am On Jun 06, 2016
Maximus85:

Satan has always wanted to undermine God's sovereignty. And in you he has succeeded. I will not try to convince you but I just want to ask you.
Jesus whom you call God came to sacrifice himself to who? To himself?

All those times he was praying, who was he praying to?

Was he praying to himself?

Did he ever mentioned that someone greater than him sent him?

Between God and Jesus who has a beginning?

And finally, when Jesus was baptised and a dove appeared. That voice heard, was it God's voice or Jesus' voice? Cos I can remember I read in the Bible that God called Jesus his son, the one he has approved. let's consider Colossians 1:15 NKV
15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

If I can see and read properly.... This place called Jesus the firstborn of all creation. Meaning he has a beginning. But the almighty God has no beginning. This is a simple truth that the Bible teaches but that wicked and stupid spirit will never allow some people see the truth.

This is what firstborn over all creation means "Colossians 1:15 NLT
Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,"

It never meant Jesus was created
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 7:47am On Jun 06, 2016
Nnaabros:

All those beliefs are not held by Jehovahs witnesses alone. Can you at least reason beyond the cut and paste?

Then why deviate from the traditional descriptive word- church-
Early christains never called their place of worship Kingdom Hall. Besides there are other WT doctrines and teachings that are unscriptural e.g

1.only 144,000 will make heaven (scriptural basis for the selection of those who will make heaven)

2. In 1919 Jesus came to earth as an invisible king and chose the watchtower as his only mouthpiece and true Religion (who saw him? What is scriptural basis for the selection?). The doctrine is still held till this day.

7th day adventists do not believe in trinity and the immortality of the soul.

The real pronunciation of Gods name is unknown. Its spelt as YHWH, some call it yahweh. Funny thing is that NO ancient manuscript used the word Jehovah. The J translations emerged 1000 years after Jesus' death, which is basis for watchtowers addition ironically the Watchtower does not consistently follow the J versions. Some of the J versions were done by Trinitarians, and include YHWH to support that Jesus is Jehovah. For this reason the NWT does not include Jehovah in over 50 places that the J versions do. For instance J7 and J8 translate 1 Peter 3:15 as:

"Sanctify Jehovah God (who is Christ) in your hearts."

Aside fom JW's I haven't seen any denomination that takes the preaching work seriously like the baptists. Funny thing is they don't use door to door method, but they have more members than JW's.

I don't quite understand what you mean.

In an earlier thread (thread number 4 or so) I pointed out about 24 christain groups that refuse to take up arms and kill most of which are affilated to major christain denominations.

6) Is it truly separate from the world? Jesus said that his true followers would be “no part of the world.” (John 15:19) To worship God in a manner that he approves requires that we keep ourselves “without spot from the world.” (Jas. 1:27) Can that be said of those whose clergy and other members are involved in politics, or whose lives are largely built around materialistic and fleshly desires?—1 John 2:15-17

Christaldephia's strong hate participation in politics and sometimes go as far as not voting.
Here is a website to verify for yourself.

http://www.christadelphia.org/pamphlet/politics.htm

Is door to door the only method used by early christains?
I just showed you that the baptists are as active in evangelism, just like JW's but they have more members, why?
Because their method is effective.

Christian groups that do not have a door to door ministry often contain well organized evangelical programs. For instance, a group renowned for their preaching efforts are Baptists. Baptists have the most missionaries of any religion. In 2004 there were 7 million Baptists out side of America, 600,000 baptisms and 21,000 new churches. In 2004 Witnesses baptised only 200,000 globally. Interesting information on the significant efforts of Baptist missionaries can be viewed at internationalministries.org and namb.net.

Even the door to door you are making noise about is done by other christain groups: mormon, adventists.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Rick9(m): 8:03am On Jun 06, 2016
johnydon22:

This is beautiful
thanks
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by saviesma: 8:56am On Jun 06, 2016
as a Christian that u call ur self, if really u are ,have u given thought to matt 24:14. if u cannot be a witness to Jehovah and Jesus Christ as the jw are doing and will never do it. then u do not know who a true Christian is.it not by sharing testimony of fraudster to collect what they have. please give bible reading a thought who knows u can preach to others and enjoy the joy that comes with it.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 11:38am On Jun 06, 2016
Trina0936:

I said secret society not armed robbers! Abeg try understand English or better still use a dictionary. undecided
I am not lying Mr Man. Stop being pained! You are all hypocrites!
u dont even knw d meaning of the word 'secret society'....if u do , u would recognize it doesnt match wit witnesses...whats d secret they re hiding??...if they got 1, u wouldnt see them on the streets with their bags....lols....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply)

COZA Had First Physical Church Service In Abuja After Ease Of Lockdown (Photos) / Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence / I Stepped On A Fetish Thing While Going To 5am Mosque (PICTURE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.