Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,612 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion (43896 Views)

The Relationship Between Religion And Science / Who Are Hisba Police In Kano? / Today I Renounce Islam As My Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by freshcvvs: 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I remember vividly the UI incident. My sister was in mosque that day. The lady dressed in burqa like a Muslim, entered the mosque and when it was time for Jumat and when the call to prayer was made she started shouting Jesus is lord, Allah is satan and so on. Those inside the mosque already couldn't do anything because the prayer had already started but those outside entered and grabbed her. She only received a slight beating before she was handed over to the school authority.

People were just saying If it had been in a place like kano or Kaduna.. lipsrsealed

Truth education although is not the main solution to this but will certainly curb it to the bearest minimum.

Enlightenment will definitely do. Enlightening these bastards will do.

As in, went into the mosque to start such rubbish? is this what Jesus taught the believers? an a Muslim, Pagan, Atheist or Traditionalist do such in a church?

3 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by freshcvvs: 7:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
Lilbrown007:
From Ur Writing U Just Proved U Guys Are The Same N Xtians Aren't Any Different Either

What did you prove? grin
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Einl(m): 7:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
freshcvvs:

Why play a fool? the old testament that makes up part of the bible for the Christians is what? can you be a complete Christian without the bible which is made up of both old and new testament?

This wasn't posted for you religious Christians to start your usual banters, it's about the Muslims and Islam and let it remain so.

Islam has deep a roots in the Old Testament has Christianity does. Jews don't eat pork and shellfish, likewise Muslims. Old Judaism is and cannot be Christianity. Christianity's violent past was in the medieval times and was led by the Catholic Church (and I'm saying that as a practicing Catholic). The crusades were the Holy War against Muslims but after a while it ended. European Christians diverged and broke up the Church and Science took over. Then we had the Age of Discovery, again led by Europeans. Then the Europeans left the shores to first trade, then to enslave and finally to spread Christianity. The Islamic Arabs also had their own age of discovery but intellectuals were killed and deposed by violent theologians who preferred war and death over progressiveness. Islam has not been able to overcome those violent theologians and theology and the result is what we have today. I am not a fool. PS Sorry if my grammar is bad. I'm in a taxi on my way home.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by johnydon22(m): 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
urahara:

U and this your domino grin
This is how belief becomes firmly rooted and evolves to become 'reality' in the mind of the believers of every doctrine, belief or myth.

Just keep repeating it and stoicly maintain it to be true and it will along the line be etched in your mind as an unquestionable truth and reality.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by freshcvvs: 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
Einl:

Islam has deep a roots in the Old Testament has Christianity does. Jews don't eat pork and shellfish, likewise Muslims. Old Judaism is and cannot be Christianity. Christianity's violent past was in the medieval times and was led by the Catholic Church (and I'm saying that as a practicing Catholic). The crusades were the Holy War against Muslims but after a while it ended. European Christians diverged and broke up the Church and Science took over. Then we had the Age of Discovery, again led by Europeans. Then the Europeans left the shores to first trade, then to enslave and finally to spread Christianity. The Islamic Arabs also had their own age of discovery but intellectuals were killed and deposed by violent theologians who preferred war and death over progressiveness. Islam has not been able to overcome those violent theologians and theology and the result is what we have today. I am not a fool. PS Sorry if my grammar is bad. I'm in a taxi on my way home.

And how does this change the fact that the old testament is still part of what makes up a christian? can you be a christian without the old testament or are you saying the old testament part of the bible is irrelevant to a christian?

You can't handpick what makes up a christian and what not from the bible.

1 Like

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Einl(m): 7:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
freshcvvs:

And how does this change the fact that the old testament is still part of what makes up a christian? can you be a christian without the old testament or are you saying the old testament part of the bible is irrelevant to a christian?

You can't handpick what makes up a christian and what not from the bible.

My point is that both have roots in Judaism but have completely different views on blasphemy and dealing with those from other faiths.

2 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Rilwayne001: 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2016
annunaki2:

That's none of your bloody business you insolent rodent. angry

No doubt you are really ashamed of your ridiculous belief, hence your "none of your bloody business" assertion.

Shameful!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by annunaki2(m): 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
Rilwayne001:

No doubt you are really ashamed of your ridiculous belief, hence your "none of your bloody business" assertion.

Shameful!

Dunce how can doctrines I already said I don't agree with be part of my beliefs

1 Like

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by freshcvvs: 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
Einl:

My point is that both have roots in Judaism but have completely different views on blasphemy and dealing with those from other faiths.

Affirmative.

2 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by slimytrikt: 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
I think she got some things wrong there.

Its not about the education, though it can help in some cases.

A number of peeps who embrase religion based terrorism are actually very educated.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by kevoh(m): 8:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
freshcvvs:

I am not a Muslim (OP), learn to read carefully and well sir.

I'm quite aware you are not Muslim. I've once interacted with you on some other section, can't remember where. I was actually referring to the author of the article and was too lazy to go and recheck on the name and just used OP to mean original post and not original poster. Sorry, if you feel offended.

1 Like

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Thinkr(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I dare you to outline the bolded.
hmm I see most of you Islamic warriors have relaxed in you defence. make no mistake I come from a very religious family.

religion is false.

if you allow me I would explain why we do what we do as humans.

everything we do is calculated. I know there's a fear to be defensive against something you have been taught since child hood but trust me you still hold the power to conquer it.

annunaki2 you too need to chill with rilwan. haven't you noticed his guards are down. strike him now softly

3 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
I'm highly impressed.
Rilwayne001:

Okay
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
perfectly yes! That little bible that used to be given freely in schools contains only the new testament.

My point is that Christianity started with Christ, anything that happened before his birth, death and ressurection wasn't Christianity.

Christian = "Christ- like" or "follower of Christ".
freshcvvs:

Why play a fool? the old testament that makes up part of the bible for the Christians is what? can you be a complete Christian without the bible which is made up of both old and new testament?

This wasn't posted for you religious Christians to start your usual banters, it's about the Muslims and Islam and let it remain so.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by freshcvvs: 2:59am On Jun 06, 2016
Millerz:
perfectly yes! That little bible that used to be given freely in schools contains only the new testament.

My point is that Christianity started with Christ, anything that happened before his birth, death and ressurection wasn't Christianity.

Christian = "Christ- like" or "follower of Christ".

Hehehe, now this is what i call heresy. BTW, Christianity as a word didn't start with Christ either. the word "Christianity" never existed during his time on earth.

Now, let me tell you, from genesis to revelation remain "scriptures". except you want to claim that the old testament is useless and irrelevant to Christians, then why do you use it in various churches? why do you quote from old testaments? why do you claim blessings and words in the old testament?

There wouldn't have been "Christianity" if the old testament never existed, you can't separate Christianity from the old testament. the father is the source of the son.

4 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Nobody: 3:12am On Jun 06, 2016
Its okay to believe anything. Most Americans think Africa is a country too, so I'd forgive your ignorance.
freshcvvs:

Hehehe, now this is what i call heresy. BTW, Christianity as a word didn't start with Christ either. the word "Christianity" never existed during his time on earth.

Now, let me tell you, from genesis to revelation remain "scriptures". except you want to claim that the old testament is useless and irrelevant to Christians, then why do you use it in various churches? why do you quote from old testaments? why do you claim blessings and words in the old testament?

There wouldn't have been "Christianity" if the old testament never existed, you can't separate Christianity from the old testament. the father is the source of the son.

6 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by freshcvvs: 3:20am On Jun 06, 2016
kevoh:

I'm quite aware you are not Muslim. I've once interacted with you on some other section, can't remember where. I was actually referring to the author of the article and was too lazy to go and recheck on the name and just used OP to mean original post and not original poster. Sorry, if you feel offended.

No qualms.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by freshcvvs: 3:21am On Jun 06, 2016
Millerz:
Its okay to believe anything. Most Americans think Africa is a country too, so I'd forgive your ignorance.

Very weak of you. i actually forgive your ignorance. sad

2 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Rilwayne001: 5:43am On Jun 06, 2016
Thinkr:
hmm I see most of you Islamic warriors have relaxed in you defence. make no mistake I come from a very religious family.

religion is false.

everything we do is calculated. I know there's a fear to be defensive against something you have been taught since child hood but trust me you still hold the power to conquer it.

annunaki2 you too need to chill with rilwan. haven't you noticed his guards are down. strike him now softly

This is rather too dumb, don't you think? sad

2 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by annunaki2(m): 6:11am On Jun 06, 2016
Killing Critics

What is the punishment for insulting Islam or Muhammad?

Under Sharia, those who insult Muhammad or Allah are to be executed. So are those who desecrate the Quran or commit other acts of blasphemy. This tradition began with Muhammad, as recorded in the Hadith and by his biographers. There is also a Quranic basis for it.
Quran

Quran (6:93) - "Who can be more wicked than one who invent a lie against Allah?" If the death penalty is prescribed for lesser crime, then it stands to reason that it should be imposed for the most "wicked".
Quran (33:57) - "Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah has cursed them in this world and the Hereafter, and has prepared for them the doom of the disdained"

Quran (33:61) - [continues from above] "Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."
Hadith and Sira

Bukhari (59:369) - This recounts the murder of Ka'b bin al-Ashraf, a Jewish poet who wrote verses about Muslims that Muhammad found insulting. He asked his followers, 'Who will rid me of this man?' and several volunteered. al-Ashraf was stabbed to death while fighting for his life.

Bukhari (3:106) - "The Prophet said, "Do not tell a lie against me for whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely enter the Hell-fire."

Bukhari (4:241) - Those who mocked Muhammad at Mecca were killed after he had retaken the city and asserted his authority.

Sahih Muslim (1801) - "The Messenger of Allah said: Who will kill Ka'b b. Ashraf? He has maligned Allah, the Exalted, and His Messenger"

6 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Thinkr(m): 6:37am On Jun 06, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I don't think so. you just reflect on that. it's not too late.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 06, 2016
Thinkr:

religion is false.

Rilwayne001:

Bro Rilwayne,

Actually, there's nothing dumb about the man's post.

The emboldened part summarizes the situation of Africans when it comes to foreign religion.

If most of us were left till like 20 before picking a religion to practice, I am sure most of us wpuld not be part of the religion we follow today.

Being whatever we are now (christian or muslim) is a direct result of parental/environmental conditioning.

5 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by freshcvvs: 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
annunaki2:
Killing Critics

What is the punishment for insulting Islam or Muhammad?

And the bible and other religious books are devoid of these stuffs?

2 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by tintingz(m): 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
lecturerdabo:
Quran 8.12: "Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

Quran 9:5
"Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

Quran 9:29:
"Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low."

Quran 22:19-22: "fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" "for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods"

HAPPY SUNDAY PALS N MAY THE PEACE OF ALLAH BE WITH YOU!!!
These verses were during wars waged on Muslims during Prophet Muhammad time.

It is forbidden to kill innocent people as a life is sacred in Islam.

This are verses Allah warned Muslims on killing.

Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (The Noble Quran, 2:190)"

"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:61)"

"If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear God, the cherisher of the worlds. (The Noble Quran, 5:28)"

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (The Noble Quran, 60:8 )"

"And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for God. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. (The Noble Quran 2:193)"

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy handhold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (The Noble Quran, 2:256)"

Kindly study the Islam NOT the Muslims.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Smellymouth: 2:37pm On Jun 06, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:

Blasphemous write up. angry angry

Allah forgive the Op cool

A thousand likes..

The OP is not a muslim..
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by TeamSimple(m): 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
madridguy:
I am feeling the pain of the writer as I am also tired of defending my religion due to so many miscreant killing all the name of Islam. I remember how a colleagues of mine always called me terrorist just because I am a Muslim. I feel like going down the day sister Bose told me that she knew someday I will kill her too because as a Muslim I am a potential killer.

Education is the only way out and also Hausa should stop breeding Terrorist through Al-Majiri.

We are Muslim and not Terrorist.

RIP Mrs Bridget.
my brother, the high level of illiteracy coupled with extremism finds expressions in what we have today in the Muslim world.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by TeamSimple(m): 2:42pm On Jun 06, 2016
madridguy:
I am feeling the pain of the writer as I am also tired of defending my religion due to so many miscreant killing all the name of Islam. I remember how a colleagues of mine always called me terrorist just because I am a Muslim. I feel like going down the day sister Bose told me that she knew someday I will kill her too because as a Muslim I am a potential killer.

Education is the only way out and also Hausa should stop breeding Terrorist through Al-Majiri.

We are Muslim and not Terrorist.

RIP Mrs Bridget.
my brother, the high level of illiteracy coupled with extremism finds expressions in what we have today in the Muslim world.
may Allah be with us.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Ahmedgk(m): 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2016
k noted. and so wat?
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by TeamSimple(m): 2:45pm On Jun 06, 2016
lecturerdabo:
Quran 8.12: "Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

Quran 9:5
"Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

Quran 9:29:
"Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low."

Quran 22:19-22: "fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" "for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods"

HAPPY SUNDAY PALS N MAY THE PEACE OF ALLAH BE WITH YOU!!!
stop being silly, I can also bring similar verses like you have quoted from the bible. stop being ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by madridguy(m): 3:20pm On Jun 06, 2016
You're absolutely correct.

TeamSimple:

may Allah be with us.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
My heart bleeds for Islam, know some trully wondering Muslim families, it's just the extremists who are the problem and the fact that the Muslim community doesn't speak up enough to condemn these atrocities.
cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Muslim Men Wear Short Trousers / A Submissive Muslim Wife Suddenly Lost Interest In Sexual Intercourse / Islam's Prophet Muhammad's 'Timeless' Pandemic Advice Goes Viral In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.