Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,004 members, 7,825,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion (43937 Views)

The Relationship Between Religion And Science / Who Are Hisba Police In Kano? / Today I Renounce Islam As My Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Arjeeni: 6:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
Anyone who is tired of defending Islam must bear this in mind that Islam can defend not only itself, it has been defending you so you don't have to worry.
Islam is religion of Allah and Allah will always fend for it.
Tell those interfere with Islamic Affairs to back down as matter of urgency.

1 Like

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by lawnreigh(m): 7:17pm On Jun 06, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I agree! However I would have change my view.

This is not totally going to be true. The same can be said of you. Had it been you were born up north, you would have been a Muslim without ever having any thought to disbelief in the existence of God, do you agree?

I didn't chose it in the first place but now, I have chosen it. So I have the right to defend that I have chosen. smiley
我 看不懂 那个 句子关于 尼日利亚
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by maasoap(m): 7:27pm On Jun 06, 2016
Why would you be defending your religion to begin with? Because some people commit offences in the name of your religion if I'm right? When a Christian commit offence, do Christians agree with such person that he/she does it because of his/her religion even if he/she claims to have done that based on hus/her belief?
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by quickly: 8:06pm On Jun 06, 2016
yusufibrahim:
It surprises me Wen we see a pervert and call them Muslims.... Muslims are peace loving people they don't take life the can't create so I don't know why u attributes those as Muslims
Islam is a religion of peace all those perpetrating those dastardly act cannot be called muslim.

Islam is a religion of war created out of necessity and it is submission where the Muslim is a slave and Allah is the master while in Christianity the Christian is the child and God is the father.

Look at their leaders father's name Abdullah which means slave of Allah etc

If muslims follow the instructions of the quran intoto there will be more violence now.

my own is that Islam is a propagation of Arab culture and Africans must not continue to be mentally submissive to this ppl.

the Arab man and the jew hate each other now africa.man is joining in that matter.

both Arabs and jews dislike Africans.
Go to Arab country and see how they treat black men
Go to Isreal and see how they treat black men.

my hope is northern muslims can reason and open their.mind to know how historical slavery is the cause of all this servitude to foreign gods

1 Like

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Sainttops(m): 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
madridguy:
I am feeling the pain of the writer as I am also tired of defending my religion due to so many miscreant killing all the name of Islam. I remember how a colleagues of mine always called me terrorist just because I am a Muslim. I feel like going down the day sister Bose told me that she knew someday I will kill her too because as a Muslim I am a potential killer.

Education is the only way out and also Hausa should stop breeding Terrorist through Al-Majiri.

We are Muslim and not Terrorist.

RIP Mrs Bridget.

A word of caution brother. Nooo matter the situation or death another person that's not a Muslim may dead it's not allow to pray for them. You only sympathize not pray for the deacead. No matter your pain a word RIP in nit meant for anyhow person. Don't cause yourself sin unknowingly.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by mamawin(f): 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
I thought by now Nigerians should have realized that it is the 'northernliness' in them and not the fact that they are Muslims. if not why haven't we been having such reports from the southwest where there are a lot of Muslims, too?

1 Like

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
usmantoafiq:
yes she is wrong. we can't allow anyone insult our noble prophet and go free. we are religion of peace does not mean we won't be brutal if anyone insult Islam. Christians are pushing us to the wall
Christians cannot mention Islam wihout throwing insults at the Prophet and they want u to believe that Muslims are intolerant and uncivilised whereas they re the most intolerant, uncivilised and alws filled with hate! The time to command respect from them has come!
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by bitchcrafts: 1:26am On Jun 07, 2016
jenigurl:
My heart bleeds for Islam, know some trully wondering Muslim families, it's just the extremists who are the problem and the fact that [s]the Muslim community doesn't speak up enough to condemn these atrocities[/s] .
cry
I don't think so
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by bitchcrafts: 1:30am On Jun 07, 2016
mamawin:
I thought by now Nigerians should have realized that it is the 'northernliness' in them and not the fact that they are Muslims. if not why haven't we been having such reports from the southwest where there are a lot of Muslims, too?
This is a too tribe abusive statement to make. Nothernliness=murder tendencies? Heartbreaks!
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by bitchcrafts: 1:33am On Jun 07, 2016
quickly:

[s]Islam is a religion of war created out of necessity and it is submission where the Muslim is a slave and Allah is the master while in Christianity the Christian is the child and God is the father.

If muslims follow the instructions of the quran intoto there will be more violence now.

my own is that Islam is a propagation of Arab culture and Africans must not continue to be mentally submissive to this ppl.

the Arab man and the jew hate each other now africa.man is joining in that matter.

both Arabs and jews dislike Africans.
Go to Arab country and see how they treat black men
Go to Isreal and see how they treat black men.

my hope is northern muslims can reason and open their.mind to know how historical slavery is the cause of all this servitude to foreign gods[/s]

Who fed you all these fallacies? Source to substantiate this pls!
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by bitchcrafts: 1:34am On Jun 07, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Christians cannot mention Islam wihout throwing insults at the Prophet and they want u to believe that Muslims are intolerant and uncivilised whereas they re the most intolerant, uncivilised and alws filled with hate! The time to command respect from them has come!
The Pope won't mention Islam and abuse the Prophet, peace be upon him tho.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by bitchcrafts: 1:43am On Jun 07, 2016
This is so not how to propagate Islam without people misconceiving it. Esp, when mood so tensed up. It's English protocol and literally humane to wish someone RIP while not necessarily wishing em Jannah the Holy Prophet described will be claimed only by Monotheists:Muslims who believe in the Kalimah
Sainttops:

A word of caution brother. Nooo matter the situation or death another person that's not a Muslim may dead it's not allow to pray for them. You only sympathize not pray for the deacead. No matter your pain a word RIP in nit meant for anyhow person. Don't cause yourself sin unknowingly.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Kazrem(m): 2:03am On Jun 07, 2016
And stop comparing yourselves to other religion and citing what they have done in so so place and so so time. We are not other religions. We are the religion of light and peace.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by BetaThings: 6:31am On Jun 07, 2016
jenigurl:
My heart bleeds for Islam, know some trully wondering Muslim families, it's just the extremists who are the problem and the fact that the Muslim community doesn't speak up enough to condemn these atrocities.
cry

Please stop the hypocrisy!

Which heart?

The heart does not feel a thing when children are burnt in present day Nigeria by Christians because those Children are "witches"
And they are carrying out the biblical injunction

thou shalt not suffer a witch to live
Exodus 22:18

http://www.medianigeria.com/118204/witchcraft-child-burnt-in-akwa-ibom-pics/
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/08/25/nigeria.child.witches/

Why did your heart not bleed when a Pastor promised death to El Rufai for sending a BILL to the House of Assembly to register places of worship
Did you see any Christian condemn the pastor?
No, Infact, all of them said on Youtube that the "man of God" has spoken the truth

Christians are the worst hypocrites and liars

Nothing, nothing can ever make me believe in a religion that has as its foundation the killing of an innocent person for the sin of another
Or was Jesus not innocent?
So why is his murder the foundation of christianity
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by BetaThings: 6:41am On Jun 07, 2016
bitchcrafts:
The Pope won't mention Islam and abuse the Prophet, peace be upon him tho.

And are we talking about the actions of the Sultan here?
Christians always taunt Muslims, curse Allah and the Prophet (SAW)

What do they gain from that?

If a man's father/wife is insulted, we cannot predict the man's reaction
So why would Christians believe that every muslim will react the same way when the Prophet (SAW) is insulted?

People give in to their emotions all the time
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by BetaThings: 6:46am On Jun 07, 2016
freshcvvs:

As in, went into the mosque to start such rubbish? is this what Jesus taught the believers? an a Muslim, Pagan, Atheist or Traditionalist do such in a church?

Yes she did during Jumat in UI
I can imagine what they would say if a Muslim did that in a Church
Listening to Bishop Oyedepo, as soon as somebody LOOKS like BH, he should be killed
So the person would have been murdered
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by mfujah(m): 6:49am On Jun 07, 2016
kevoh:
grin grin Kikiki. Islam on a self destruct journey already with their violent and murderous nature. By the time they realise, they would have used their hands to make same Islam irrelevant and the sensible ones like the OP would have left for alternatives.
hey oga.... kindly say hausa''s and not islam... becuase we have islam in lagos, ibadan and some other part of the country and they dont behave like animals... islam is peace.. Thanks
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by BetaThings: 7:00am On Jun 07, 2016
quickly:

Islam is a religion of war created out of necessity and it is submission where the Muslim is a slave and Allah is the master while in Christianity the Christian is the child and God is the father.

If God is the father, who is the mother? and who is the daughter
In your religion, there is no space for women, yet you accuse Islam all the time

The first person to translate the Bible into English was executed
More people have been killed for criticising about Christianity than about any other religion
Ordinary heresy was met with burning at the stake by the mainstream Christians

Talking about your own brings up the need for you to study Christianity and the Bible - both OT and NT

I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law
Mathew 10 : 35

"But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one
Luke 22:36

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known..........But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people
Deuteronomy 13 6 : 9

For God said, ‘Honour your father and mother’ and [size=14pt]Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death[/size]
[size=14pt]Matthew 15:4[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by bitchcrafts: 11:10am On Jun 07, 2016
"... And argue with them in the best of ways" That doesn't include finger pointing! Yo superior to them in knowledge and understanding of the whole religion issue as a Muslim , so u needn't go haywire when the unearth their ignorance I think. Used the Pope annotation to bring to live a reminder of Pope Frances that knew better and followed truth at the end of the day.
BetaThings:

And are we talking about the actions of the Sultan here?
Christians always taunt Muslims, curse Allah and the Prophet (SAW)

What do they gain from that?

If a man's father/wife is insulted, we cannot predict the man's reaction
So why would Christians believe that every muslim will react the same way when the Prophet (SAW) is insulted?

People give in to their emotions all the time
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by udatso: 5:20am On Jun 08, 2016
usmantoafiq:
yes she is wrong. we can't allow anyone insult our noble prophet and go free. we are religion of peace does not mean we won't be brutal if anyone insult Islam. Christians are pushing us to the wall
Are you sure you are a Muslim? Cos Islam doesn't teach this rubbish
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 08, 2016
Arjeeni:
Anyone who is tired of defending Islam must bear this in mind that Islam can defend not only itself, it has been defending you so you don't have to worry.
Islam is religion of Allah and Allah will always fend for it.
Tell those interfere with Islamic Affairs to back down as matter of urgency.

To add to that, I think that if anyone is tired of Islam, or tired of being part of the Muslims, or of being called a terrorist for growing a beard or wearing the hijaab, or other acts of obedience to Allah, then the person can leave. We dont need his/her resignation letter to be posted on NL. Nor are we in such dire need of weak Muslims and hypocrites dragging us back.

As for those Muslims who are supporting the tribal demarcations of "Hausa Muslims" and "Yoruba Muslims", fear Allah and keep quiet. The prophet (ﷺ) has clearly stated that whoever fights for tribalism, or calls to tribalism is not of his ummah, and has left the way taught by him. You should perhaps ask for forgiveness.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by zeyney(f): 11:41am On Jun 08, 2016
udatso:

Are you sure you are a Muslim? Cos Islam doesn't teach this rubbish
its indeed really saddening to see Muslims with such violence tendency wen d prophet has taught us to love and live peacefully with people of other faith who have caused us no harm or physical attack.may Allah forgv us our sins
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Salasked(m): 10:59am On Jun 12, 2016
KEEPING LAWS: volume one

I have taken my time over time to study Christians and their beliefs on salvation, sin, and forgiveness. I realized they strongly believe in the principle of remission of sin and this has been preached even to the Muslims.
All Christians believe that sinners will be forgiven once they accept Jesus as their personal Lord and saviour. Some agreed base on the principle of remission of sin which is based on the believe that Jesus died on the cross  so they could be forgiven. Consider this verse...

"Romans  10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 
10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation".

I think the most rational and logical way of seeking Kingdom of Heaven is to believe in the principle of seeking for forgiveness after repentance,  believing in God,  and keeping commandments.

Meanwhile, there are so many verses of the Bible that states the conditions of salvation which is between setting laws and keeping them.

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT SINNERS.

"1 Corinthians  6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 
6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God".

"1 Corinthians  5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat".

I think base on the verdict of the Bible, there is no point in believing that Jesus died for their sins. The condition of the salvation is to try your best to be righteous otherwise, you will not be saved.
There is no point in proclaiming that Jesus died for your sin when you know that you still have to run away from sinning. The above verses says there is no kingdom of God for listed group of sinners so, there is no point in believing in the death of Jesus as a remission for sins.

However , I expect all Christians to follow all the laws which includes moving away from all the above sins. Jesus himself never gave the condition of salvation to be believing in his death or confession of his death and resurrection but he did gave the condition to be keeping of all the commandments.
Unfortunately, Paul contradicted Jesus by encouraging Christians to forget the laws....
Paul says:  " Galatians  3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 
" 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster."

Paul even went to the extent of declaring the previous law obsolete so as to create his own.
Paul says: " Hebrews  8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

Now, Christians can not eat their cake and still have it. If you follow Paul then continue sinning because your sins are forgiven already. Similarly, Paul contradicted himself by rejecting the old laws in Galatians at the same time holding Christians responsible for violating the laws in 1 Corinthians 6:9 quoted above.

There are other portion of Bible which proofed that laws and commandments are the basis for gaining eternal life. Consider these verses....

1 John  3:24   And he that keep his commandments dwell in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Revelation  22:14   Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

All the above statements are not credited to Jesus yet they proof that salvation lies in keeping commandments.

WHAT DID JESUS SAY ABOUT THE CONDITION OF SALVATION

All Christians should know that the condition of salvation has always being following of commandments which is why Jesus himself reiterated it in the Gospel of Mathew.....

"Matthew  5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 

5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled".

"5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven".

" 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."

The above verses show that there is no distinction between the law of Moses and Jesus .
Jesus said all laws must be fulfilled otherwise you shall be called the least in the kingdom of God. He clearly emphasized on righteousness as the only condition for gaining Kingdom of God.
Jesus did not make any exemption to the laws, he said even the smallest of the laws shall not pass, without being fulfilled.

Moreover, Jesus further emphasized the keeping of commandments when he was asked directly what to do in order to have eternal life. Consider these verses....

"Matthew  19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 
19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 
19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself".

On the other hand, Jesus himself asked Christians to keep his commandments so as to be loved by God.

"John  14:21   He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him".

In the same way, Jesus went further and emphasized on the first and most important commandment of God in the book of.....

Mark  12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? 

"12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord".
Based on the above verse, Jesus clarified the oneness of God and commanded his followers to believe in it yet Christians claimed God is three in one. They should know that, if any body break one of the least of the commandments he, shall be called the least in the kingdom of God.

It's quite amazing that so many laws are in the Bible which were made to guild Christians on how to live their lives.
These laws are rejected by modern Christians and the rejection is premised on the discrimination between the Old testament and the new testament. They also premised their arguments on the above quoted chapter earlier in the book of  "Galatians  3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

" 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster."

" Hebrews  8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

The above statement is credited to Paul and not Jesus himself and we could see the clear contradiction between Jesus' statement and Paul's. As quoted above earlier, in the book of Matthew 5:17-20 and  Matthew  19: 16-19. Jesus emphatically gave the condition of salvation to be keeping of commandments which is not in any way different from what Paul himself said in the book of
1 Corinthians 6:9 and
1 Corinthians 5:11.
The contradiction between Paul and Jesus shouldn't be a surprise because Paul contradicted himself on the condition of salvation.

Therefore , I want the readers to know that there are relationship between laws or commandments and forgiveness or repentance. In other words, there is no question of seeking for forgiveness or even repenting from your old ways if there are no laws.
Laws are made to be followed while violators are expected to seek for forgiveness. Logically, if Christians claimed they are no more under the laws,  then, why would they preach repentance and forgiveness and why would they ask people to born again?.
We should know that these are hypocritical tendencies of Christians to manipulate Muslims into believing that Islam is a difficult and complex religion. I strongly believe that if Christians could follow the teachings of Jesus and that of Bible as a whole, they would realize that their religion is more complex and difficult to practice as compared with Islam.

Consequently, the questions to ask here are :
1. Why would Christians Rejects laws of their creator?
2. Why would they disobey Jesus' commandments?
3. Why would they decides to follow Paul instead of Jesus himself?
4. Why would they be selective in the application of the laws and commandments?

The only reasonable answer to the above questions is that, Christians are not fundamentalist. This brings us to putting the difference between Christians and Muslims in perspective. Muslims are fundamentalist because we follow everything we see in our scripture while Christians select those part of their scripture that favours them.
One will be surprised that all Pastors in the world uses old testament as a point of references in their sermons even more than they do with the new testament, without discriminating the two. But, these same Pastors will swift into discrimination between the old and the new testament once you mention any part of the old testament that is not in congruence with their desire. Old testament prescribed laws and also punishment for the violators so that peace will reign in the whole universe as well as morals.

ANALYSIS OF SELECTED LAWS IN THE BIBLE

Both old and new testament is enriched with beautiful laws and commandments which if applied consistently would have sanitized our society. Christians are selective in the application of laws and commandments because they think the laws are outdated already and as such, it can't fit into our modern life.
We understand the fact that laws and constitution of any Country can be changed or amended as the case may be. Should the laws of our creator be changed or rejected?. I guess that will be tantamount to rejecting God himself.
Nobody has any right to change, modernize, or reject the laws of our creator. The proof for this is in the Bible where God says.....

"Deuteronomy  12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it".

From the above verse, one would  know that human race  doesn't have right to alter any part of the law neither do we have right to be selective in applying them into our ways of life. If we actually believe that God Almighty is the Alpha and omega as well as omniscience and omnipotent then, we should know that he has absolute power to design our ways of life for us.

Therefore , there are numerous laws and commandments of Almighty God which are to be applied accordingly as circumstances dictate. For instance, there are laws and commandments on :
1. Believing in Oneness of God
2. Killings
3. Adultery and fornication
4. Stealing
5. Spiritual bath
6. Dressing code for women
7. War

Let's analyze the laws and commandments and examine the significance of the laws in our life.

1. LAWS ON BELIEVING IN ONENESS OF GOD :

God emphasized this commandment in the Bible through Jesus, Moses, and other prophets in the Bible. It is very pertinent that all human being believes in the Oneness and supremacy of God and must worship him alone. There are many verses of the Bible which states the commandments of God to the people to believe in him and worship him alone. There are verses as well, which shows that people in the Bible followed those laws.
God said in the book of :

"Isaiah  43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah  45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me.

45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else".

The above verses show that God himself acknowledge his Oneness and supremacy over all being. According to the verses above, no one  has right to even call Jesus a saviour because God said beside him there is no other saviour.
Furthermore, Moses and Jesus gave the commandments of God as follows:

"Deuteronomy  6:4   Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. 

6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up".

The above verses emphasized believing in Oneness of God in the old testament and Jesus himself repeated the same message of God to his people.
Jesus said in the book of :

"Mark  12:29   And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord":

Hence, there are evidences from the Bible that people believed and applied this law in their lives. See the verses below"

"James  2:19   Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble".

"1 Timothy  2:5   For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus";

"Ephesians  4:6   One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all".

"Galatians  3:20   Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one".

"1 Corinthians  8:6   But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ".

"1 Corinthians  8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one".

"Romans  3:30   Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith".

"Mark  12:32   And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he":

All the verses above show that there were laws and commandments on believing in only one God. This commandment was followed by the people both in the old and new testament. There are more than 15 different verses that show us that God is one as commanded but, modern Christians will tell you that God is three in one.
This principle of trinity is totally not in conformity with the commandments of our creator. The modern Christians based their arguments on a single verse of the Bible which is an interpolation or error in the Bible. All the Prophets in the Bible believed in One true God including Jesus so why would the issue of trinity come up?. Christians should know that if more than fifteen verses could be found in the Bible supporting Oneness of God then, a single verse is not enough to nullify all the fifteen.
Christians should know that whoever blasphem against God will not gain eternal life but would be condemned to hell fire. The believe that God is three in one is an act of blasphemy against God. Jesus warned against this in the below verses :

"Matthew  12:31   Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Matthew  12:32   And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come".

"Mark  3:29   But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation":

"Luke  12:10   And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven".

Meanwhile, it's not surprising that we could see a verse that contradict other verses, the Bible is a book of contradiction. The contraindications could be between old testament and new testament or within new testament itself. There are hundreds of contradictions and errors in the Bible but that is not to be discussed in this book, it's another topic on its own.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Salasked(m): 11:04am On Jun 12, 2016
KEEPING LAWS : Volume two

2.  LAWS ON KILLINGS

The commandments of God on killings is made clear in the Bible. No one is allowed to kill anybody without a cause.  Nevertheless, there are conditions or situations when one can kill such as when punishment is being pronounced on a person.

Meanwhile, Christians always preach forgiveness as though there are no conditions which could make one to be punished if committed an offence. They always claim that if you don't forgive you shall not be forgiven, a claim which is premise on the following verses :

"Mark  11:26   But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses".

"Luke  11:4   And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil".

"Luke  6:37   Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven":

The above verses shows that you should not even judge anybody so as not to be judged irrespective of offences committed. The above verses are credited to Jesus himself but, the same Jesus made mention of the fact that you could be Judged by the Council if you commit certain offences. Consider the below verses:

"Matthew  5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 
5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire".

From the above verses, one would see that Jesus quoted Moses when admonishing his disciples not to kill. Christians believed that Jesus is so kind that he would allow people to kill without any cause and they will be forgiven. If the above two verses is looked into critically, one would know that the commandments of Jesus is even tougher as compared with that of Moses.
Moses said a killer would face the danger of judgement while Jesus said if you are angry with your brother without any reason you will face the punishment of a killer which is danger of judgement.
Jesus went further that whoever use a foul language for his brother would be in the danger of the Council and if you say to your brother that he is a fool then, the person will enter hell fire.
With the Jesus' statements, it means a killer should not go freely according to the commandments of God. Jesus did not say a killer should not be punished but he only helped people to prevent themselves from committing murder. He knew that if you are angry with your brother or you abuse him, it could lead to argument which may escalate to you committing murder.
God himself commanded that a killer should be killed. Consider these verses :

"Exodus  20:13 Thou shalt not kill".

"Deuteronomy  5:17   Thou shalt not kill".

"Leviticus  24:21   And he that killeth a beast, he shall restore it: and he that killeth a man, he shall be put to death".

"Numbers  35:30   Whoso killeth any person, the murderer shall be put to death by the mouth of witnesses: but one witness shall not testify against any person to cause him to die".

The above verses clearly show that a murderer shall not go unpunished. If killers are allowed to go freely then, the society will be hell for everyone. Once there is an established laws in the land which is known by everyone whoever go against it would be punished. The Bible say :

"Hebrews  10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sin".

Meanwhile, God also commanded Moses in the old testament that whoever blaspheme against God should be put to death. Blasphemy could be in the form of speaking evil against God, attributing divinity to one self, or worshipping another thing beside God. If anybody is found guilty of these offences, such would be killed according to the book of :

"Deuteronomy  17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;  17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 
17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die".

"Numbers  15:30 But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 
15:31 Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him". 

The above verses show that if you see anybody who worship another thing beside God, such should be killed according to Bible. Don't let us forget that even Jesus himself warned against blasphemy against God. He said such person would not be forgiven in heaven and even here on earth. Consider these verses :

"Matthew  12:32   And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come".

"Mark  3:29   But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation":

Surprisingly, with the evidences from the Bible concerning the laws on killing and the prescribed punishment, one would agree that, there are more stringent laws in the Bible than the Qur'an. The Christians would only pretend as if the Bible is free of all these laws and the prescribed punishments because, they don't want to apply the commandments into their ways of life.
There are evidences from the Bible that such punishment were actually applied on the people of which such were not applied even in the Qur'an. Consider these verse:

"1 Kings  21:13 And there came in two men, children of Belial, and sat before him: and the men of Belial witnessed against him, even against Naboth, in the presence of the people, saying, Naboth did blaspheme God and the king. Then they carried him forth out of the city, and stoned him with stones, that he died".

The above verse shows that the laws was applied and Jesus said such person will not be forgiven in the heaven and even on earth.

The Bible also prescribed death punishment for adulterers which is always being criticised in the Qur'an. Consider these verse:

"Leviticus  20:10   And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death".

The Bible also prescribed death punishment for a thief. This is another law that is being criticised by the Christians in the Qur'an yet the Qur'an never prescribed death punishment for a thief but the Bible does. Consider this verse:

"Deuteronomy  24:7   If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you".

"Exodus  21:16   And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death".

Finally, the Bible also prescribed punishment for Animals and their owner if found guilty of various offences. Consider these verses:

"Exodus  21:28 If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned, and his flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be quit. 
21:29 But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death. 
21:30 If there be laid on him a sum of money, then he shall give for the ransom of his life whatsoever is laid upon him.

"Exodus  21:33 And if a man shall open a pit, or if a man shall dig a pit, and not cover it, and an ox or an ass fall therein;  21:34 The owner of the pit shall make it good, and give money unto the owner of them; and the dead beast shall be his".

"Exodus  21:35 And if one man's ox hurt another's, that he die; then they shall sell the live ox, and divide the money of it; and the dead ox also they shall divide. 
21:36 Or if it be known that the ox hath used to push in time past, and his owner hath not kept him in; he shall surely pay ox for ox; and the dead shall be his own".

With all the facts from the Bible, one would know that the significance of laws and prescribed punishment is to guild us towards peaceful coexistence among ourselves. No society would be a better one without an established laws and order. If we could respect the secular laws in our society, why not our creator's. Even the laws of 90 percent countries of the world agrees that a killer should be killed. Why then should the Christians be ashamed of their creator's laws and commandments?.
Muslims should know that there are laws in the Bible and there are punishment prescribed against the violators.

3.  LAWS ON ADULTERY

There are many adulterers in the World because there is no universally acceptable punishment for them. There are punishment prescribed on violators in the Qur'an and Bible but these are not applied optimally especially in the Christians world. All Islamic countries make use of this prescribed Divine punishment and that explains why their society is free of this evil acts called adultery. Hence, all Christians world or secular society disagree with the laws and the prescribed punishment for the violators which clearly explains why their society is full of this evil acts. Like I said earlier in the last chapter, the essence of laws and the prescribed punishment is to guild people on how to coexist peacefully among each other. Laws are not made to subjugate anybody but rather, to liberate everyone.
No one would be happy if adultery is committed against his wife, daughter, sister, mother, or friends. This is why God gave the commandments against this evil act and also prescribed punishment for the violators so that our society will be clean of evil. The Bible says:

"Deuteronomy  5:18   Neither shalt thou commit adultery".

"Exodus  20:14   Thou shalt not commit adultery".

"Proverbs  6:32   But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul".

"Hosea  4:2   By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood".

This act is so evil in the eyes of the God that he prescribed death punishment for it.
"Leviticus  20:10   And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death".

Jesus himself even detest this act so much that he used a preventive approach in the application of the commandments. Consider these verses:

"Matthew  5:27   Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Matthew  5:28   But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart".

The above verses show that even Jesus accepted the old laws on this evil act called adultery. It's now pertinent for all Christians to frown against this evil act.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Salasked(m): 11:06am On Jun 12, 2016
KEEPING LAWS : Volume three

4.  LAWS ON STEALING

There are laws in the Bible that we should not steal and if we are found guilty of the offence there are punishment prescribed for it. As we have it in the Bible so it is in the QURAN. The punishment might be differ in the two book but the most crucial point to note is that both book does not allow stealing.
In fact, all man made laws of any Country forbids stealing as an act and as such have prescribed punishment for the offenders. The punishment could be subjected to the degree of stealing but the vocal point is that a thief will not go freely without being punished. QURAN says a thief's hand should be cut off but Christians object to the laws. Let's see what the Bible say about thieves.

Exodus  20:15   Thou shalt not steal.

Deuteronomy  24:7   If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you.

Exodus  21:16   And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.

Hosea  4:2   By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.

Leviticus  19:11   Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.

Zechariah  5:3   Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it.

5.  LAWS ON SPIRITUAL BATH

QURAN says a Woman should have a spiritual bath after menstruation and after given birth once blood stops before such woman can pray. Both Man and Woman, after sexual Intercourse must have same spiritual bath before praying. QURAN does not forbids anybody to interact with them neither does it prevents us from touching them. All Muslims of the World follow this laws and we are proud of it but, Christians always make jest of us because of our obedience. Surprisingly, there are tougher laws in the Bible on this same issue which Christians never follow.
Consider the below verses :

Leviticus  15:7   And he that toucheth the flesh of him that hath the issue shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

Leviticus  15:8   And if he that hath the issue spit upon him that is clean; then he shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

Leviticus  15:10   And whosoever toucheth any thing that was under him shall be unclean until the even: and he that beareth any of those things shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

Leviticus  15:18   The woman also with whom man shall lie with seed of copulation, they shall both bathe themselves in water, and be unclean until the even.

6. LAWS ON  DRESSING CODE FOR WOMEN

QURAN states clearly how Women are expected to dress. It says Women should cover all there Body except the area which is made opened, such as face or palm. The law is not to punish, frustrate, or subjugate women but rather to protect them from harassment . Another reason behind the law is to protect Men from committing adultery or fornication due to the nature of Women. Also, women are not allowed to offer prayers or to worship while their head or other part of their body is exposed. Islam does not encourage Women to be seen around all the time or to mingle around  Men. They are also expected to be submissive to Men.
Meanwhile, Christians make fun of our Women for obeying the law of their creator. They look at them as being inferior to them. They also look at them as not being fashionable. Hence, what does the Bible say about dressing code for Women as well as the Women's position in the society.

Deuteronomy  22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God."

"1 Timothy  2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; " 
"2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. "
"2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

Even according to your bible, Women are not allow to learn in public and they don't have equal right with men.

"1 Corinthians  11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. "
"11:6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered."

7.  LAWS ON WHO TO MARRY

The Bible stated clearly who you can marry as well as who you can't marry but because of the attitude of Christians towards the laws and commandments of their creator, this laws has not been followed. So many Countries of the World which are dominated by Christians are now agitating for gay right of which this kind of act is forbidden according to the Bible. In fact, if anyone is found guilty of this abominable act the penalty is death according to the Bible.
No Muslim Country would ever agitate for gay right because it's against the commandments of Allah on who to marry. The agitation for gas right and other social vices are predominantly found in the Christians dominated Countries.
Below are the verses which clearly explains who we can marry and vice versa. The Bible says in the book of:

"Leviticus  18:11 The unclothedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness.  
18:12 Thou shalt not uncover the unclothedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman.  
18:13 Thou shalt not uncover the unclothedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.  
18:14 Thou shalt not uncover the unclothedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.  
18:15 Thou shalt not uncover the unclothedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness.  
18:16 Thou shalt not uncover the unclothedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's unclothedness.  
18:17 Thou shalt not uncover the unclothedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her unclothedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.  
18:18 Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her unclothedness, beside the other in her life time. 
18:19 Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her unclothedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness.  18:20 Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.  
18:21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.  
18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
18:23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.  
18:24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:  18:25 And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.  18:26 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:  
18:27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiledwink 
18:28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.  
18:29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people. 
18:30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God".

In essence, laws are meant to be followed. Either you are a Muslim or Christian, scriptures are meant to be followed. So many Islamic Countries follow the laws in the Qur'an and I guess the results are very clear. Most of this Islamic Countries are the best place to stay in the World. Other Islamic Countries where crisis are experienced is due to Western influence. May Allah help us
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by onegig(m): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
You can only do your bit by showing love to the next person near you and showing them through your values and actions what your religion typifies. A little act goes a long way.

The fact is you can't actually do much when it comes to influencing things that happen thousand of miles from you. A lot tribal, political and environmental happenings have mixed with religion and people employ the tools easiest to manipulate "plebs" towards their final goals.

We can only pray the victims of these murders are granted eternal rest and pray the authorities rise up to their constituted duties by doing what is right and punishing anyone involved with the appropriate sanctions and punishments. Also, if you have anyone near you that you seem to have seen their strongheadedness and are prolly going the way of extremism. You can always pull them back, admonish then and remind them that Allah and his Prophet does not condone transgessors..

We should also avoid discussing issues that aggravate whatever enmity between religions. You don't need to debate facts of why something is so and so if both parties are coming with a set rules of only listening to their own preconceived beliefs. These kind of actions only tend to increase hate for one another and not bring people together.

The Prophet (SAW)has succinctly completed it in Suratul Khafirun by saying "you have your own religion and I have mine". So why go all heated up arguing over things that change nothing?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Muslim Men Wear Short Trousers / A Submissive Muslim Wife Suddenly Lost Interest In Sexual Intercourse / Islam's Prophet Muhammad's 'Timeless' Pandemic Advice Goes Viral In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.