Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion (43934 Views)

The Relationship Between Religion And Science / Who Are Hisba Police In Kano? / Today I Renounce Islam As My Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by yazach: 3:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
bukhakhakhakha
I who ask you to defend Islam. I beg safe your defense
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by babz11(m): 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
Jazukhumulai khair
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by babz11(m): 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
Jazakhumulai khair
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by yusufibrahim(m): 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2016
It surprises me Wen we see a pervert and call them Muslims.... Muslims are peace loving people they don't take life the can't create so I don't know why u attributes those as Muslims
Islam is a religion of peace all those perpetrating those dastardly act cannot be called muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Confirmer(m): 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2016
tintingz:
This verses were during wars waged on Muslims during Prophet Muhammad time.

It is forbidden to kill innocent people as a life is sacred in Islam.

This are verses Allah warned Muslims on killing.

Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (The Noble Quran, 2:190)"

"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:61)"

"If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear God, the cherisher of the worlds. (The Noble Quran, 5:28)"

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (The Noble Quran, 60:8 )"

"And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for God. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. (The Noble Quran 2:193)"

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy handhold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (The Noble Quran, 2:256)"

Kindly study the Islam NOT the Muslims.
Thanks for this. Islam do not need muslim to defend it. Deviants will exist till the end of time and hypocrites will always use an isolated event of a muslim (not even scholar) to give Islam a bad name. To all those tired of defending Islam, just turn a blind eye to articles meant to ridicule the religion.
I'm a proud muslim cos I know the beauty of Islam.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by MakeWeTalk: 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
Thats the way of islam now.
who does not know.

Muslims have to face the fact that islam cannot be of God.

Some are now openly saying that yes islam is violent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Kmp-VHryI

2 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by nyabinghi(m): 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2016
Christianity is a pile of poo. There exists a lot of killings in the bible. The christian god was a mass murderer. He even killed his own son,just to please himself.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by udatso: 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2016
. Our defending doesn't make a difference to those who would always want Muslims to be associated with terrorism

2 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by dmltoyin(m): 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
I AM NOT AND WILL NEVER BE TIRED OF DEFENDING MY RELIGION (ISLAM)
BUT
I HAVE NEVER AND WILL NEVER DEFEND TERRORISTS

2 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by dmltoyin(m): 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2016
nyabinghi:
Christianity is a pile of poo. There exists a lot of killings in the bible. The christian god was a mass murderer. He even killed his own son,just to please himself.
U don't speak evil of other people
It breeds hatred and causes war
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by abdullkabar(m): 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
Leaving Religion aside.......we are humans to start with,we are bound to have an act either good or bad....Whatever anybody does,I simply feel that's their nature(it takes a while for me to attribute your actions with your religion,I simply feel you were willing to do it)
I am a muslim and am not bad or a terrorist,whoever is practicing my religion wrongly and painting it with bad name are simply doing the wrong thing but Islam is a religion of peace

2 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by nyabinghi(m): 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
dmltoyin:

U don't speak evil of other people
It breeds hatred and causes war
you need specs I swear, did u choose not to see where islam was blamed for some retarded guys action.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by dragnet: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
The media is more responsible for these due to their unnecessary tagging of anything anyhow just to earn coins.
there wasn't even a beheading, it wasn't even an issue of blasphemy as reported, yet see what was broadcasted.

1 Like

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by dmltoyin(m): 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2016
Millerz:
Its okay to believe anything. Most Americans think Africa is a country too, so I'd forgive your ignorance.
Al jazeeraz mistake=most Americans?
I see
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by dmltoyin(m): 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2016
9jacrip:

Bro Rilwayne,

Actually, there's nothing dumb about the man's post.

The emboldened part summarizes the situation of Africans when it comes to foreign religion.

If most of us were left till like 20 before picking a religion to practice, I am sure most of us wpuld not be part of the religion we follow today.

Being whatever we are now (christian or muslim) is a direct result of parental/environmental conditioning.
If we were all left till like 20 to voluntarily pick a religion
We probably won't pick any
Humans are weak at heart
And
The truth is always difficult to accept
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by upsyLi(m): 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
They Judge my Religion based on the actions of some people. I wonder how they feel at the realisation that the likes of Adolf Hitler shares the same faith as them.
There are only two types of people regardless of Race, tribe, religion, faith or believe. The Good and The Bad!
I'm a Muslim and I'm not a terrorist.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by dmltoyin(m): 4:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
nyabinghi:
you need specs I swear, did u choose not to see where islam was blamed for some retarded guys action.
we Muslims are different from them
Anybody can speak as much evil as he pleases about Islam. Islam will stil remain God's own religion. Their opinion won't change anything
But
The prophet never taught of to speak evil to them as we Muslims are role models when it comes to the best of behaviours
The prophet never spoke evil to the unbelievers
But don't let what they say bother you
And don't let it take u away from the right path
They will surely meet their God one day
And it will be like magic
They will be amazed on what they see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Tbells91(f): 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2016
[quote author=freshcvvs post=46296664][/quote]

Ma shaa Allah! I only keep quiet because Allah alone can defend His religion, no man can!

I'm proud to be Muslim. Islam is a perfect religion but Muslims ain't perfect. Blame the imperfect beings for what they do, not the perfect religion.

2 Likes

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by kpukpuyenke: 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2016
freshcvvs:
Not been to church in 3 weeks now..

What does it make me?
Are you sure you are a MUSLIM based on this your post?

https://www.nairaland.com/freshcvvs/posts/7
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Rilwayne001: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2016
9jacrip:

Bro Rilwayne,

Actually, there's nothing dumb about the man's post.

The emboldened part summarizes the situation of Africans when it comes to foreign religion.

If most of us were left till like 20 before picking a religion to practice, I am sure most of us wpuld not be part of the religion we follow today.

Being whatever we are now (christian or muslim) is a direct result of parental/environmental conditioning.

I couldn't agree less. I was actually referring to his last statement.

1 Like

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2016
freshcvvs:

Why quote the whole thing?

Why not just jump and pass?

Anyways Muslims (good ones) should start coming out in drove to educate their vast majority of religiously illiterate followers, if not no one is going to take you guys serious again.
Christian preachers also ve a lot of work to do as well! They must as a matter of urgency begin to educate their adherents on the need to respect other pples beliefs! U hardly find a Muslim blespheming on christianity. But christians delight in attacking Islam and all we hold dear waiting for us to react so they can call us names! As for me I m not affected one anyway by what pple think of Islam! I know my religion! The person who was killed for blasphemous comment on the Prophet in a volatile place like Kano, is as wrong as her killers!
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by tumbez: 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
freshcvvs:

Why quote the whole thing?

Why not just jump and pass?

Anyways Muslims (good ones) should start coming out in drove to educate their vast majority of religiously illiterate followers, if not no one is going to take you guys serious again.
...what a matured and educative way of approach!!! Thanjs for the understanding!!! #proudly muslim
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by tumbez: 6:12pm On Jun 06, 2016
freshcvvs:

Pls what's the meaning of this now? Are you saying we do not have verses in the bible with similar stuffs you just posted?

I didn't post this here to make you come with this "their religion is bad" "mine is good" bullcrap.

We all have bad eggs in every religion of the world.

I have personally come to the conclusion that present Islam is Christianity 3,000 to 4000 years ago.

What used to happen years ago in Christianity is what islam is currently practising which is so old school and archaic.

The more enlightened ones they, the better for their religion.

Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkey e.t.c are Muslim countries but very civilized in their ways
.thanks bro for saying the bitter truth!!!! ... ignorant muslims are the worst and they are the problem of islam......#proudly muslim
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
Why are people so troublesome?

You know very well that there are peaceful muslims in Nigeria but you come into threads like this to insult every single muslim because of bad ones
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by akanbiaa(m): 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by focus7: 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
That potion "the neighbours and the people sees a woman with hijab and man with beard and the trouser not touching floor" is quiet and identity and got me rolling. But honestly op I think you are not being sincere about your religion or you are ignorant of the tenet of islam, or rather still your (un)holy prophet Mohammed (I have committed blasphemy I guess and that call for beheading) because he was the architect of terrorism in islam, he raped innocent women, destroyed cities belonging to infidels to subdue them to accept islam, raped virgins and thought that seven virgins awaits a muslim that will kill for your weak allah.
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by mohammedmagnus: 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
hmmmmm,,, As a Muslim who was formally a christian... I have to admit... religious terrorism and Muslims are like twins........noticed I used the word Muslims not Islam....you see people have the habit from time in memorial of blaming religion for the world's problem.... its so not true...the real problem is not religion...the real problem is those who think they understand religion, who carry out their selfish desires in its name, and the blind followers who follow this people...I will never get tired of defending Islam, but as for defending "some" Muslims that I am tired of....as for that guy who was quoting hadith and Quranic verses....that were revealed during war times please read the commentaries of those verses......you know the number 1 reason why people in the west are sympathetic towards Islam (for those who don't convert).... its mainly because the slander and lies that have been heaped on the prophet and Islam in general is gradually been erased.....prophet Muhammad (saw) to me is the most slandered person to have ever lived .
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by usmantoafiq: 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Christian preachers also ve a lot of work to do as well! They must as a matter of urgency begin to educate their adherents on the need to respect other pples beliefs! U hardly find a Muslim blespheming on christianity. But christians delight in attacking Islam and all we hold dear waiting for us to react so they can call us names! As for me I m not affected one anyway by what pple think of Islam! I know my religion! The person who was killed for blasphemous comment on the Prophet in a volatile place like Kano, is as wrong as her killers!
yes she is wrong. we can't allow anyone insult our noble prophet and go free. we are religion of peace does not mean we won't be brutal if anyone insult Islam. Christians are pushing us to the wall
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by doskie(m): 6:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
lecturerdabo:
Quran 8.12: "Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

Quran 9:5
"Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

Quran 9:29:
"Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low."

Quran 22:19-22: "fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" "for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods"

HAPPY SUNDAY PALS N MAY THE PEACE OF ALLAH BE WITH YOU!!!
these verses have something called tafseer. They are not to be quoted and explained in the context you have done. The definition of unbelievers here does not match what hausas are doing. Christians and Jews are quoted in the quran as people who will go to paradise too provided they abide by the true tenets of monotheism. The disbelievers in the time these verses were revealed had such customs as burying female children alive. Can a true Christian do that? If you have a good of people who want to bury your daughter alive because of their gods will you sit down and look? Do you even know that even the Bible can be cherry picked and quoted out of context in many of its verses?
Re: Bridget Agbaheme's Murder In Kano: I Am Tired Of Defending My Religion by naturallysimple(m): 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2016
lecturerdabo:
Quran 8.12: "Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

Quran 9:5
"Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

Quran 9:29:
"Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low."

Quran 22:19-22: "fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" "for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods"

HAPPY SUNDAY PALS N MAY THE PEACE OF ALLAH BE WITH YOU!!!
d verses u quote should not b pick like dat my broda, it exempt those who live peacefully with u or those u av agreement with not to attack each oda, one of d prophet maid is a jew and she wasnt kill becos she neva attack, all d verse u quote track dem upward and u will confirm it. In d quran their in surah kafirun look at woy God said..... because some illeterate bhave anyao dose not mean u shuld pick any ao. jesus said in d bibble "bring all my enemy nd slay dem in front of me ".luke 19vs27 dat dose not make any muslim tag any xtian criminal xtian terrorist because all religion preach peace nd self defence.. May God forgive our missyarn. Ameen. Islam my religion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Muslim Men Wear Short Trousers / A Submissive Muslim Wife Suddenly Lost Interest In Sexual Intercourse / Islam's Prophet Muhammad's 'Timeless' Pandemic Advice Goes Viral In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.