Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,794 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria (24688 Views)

After 7 Months Of Cultivation, Nigerian Soldier Harvests Her Rice (photos) / BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK / Qatar To Fly In 4,000 Cows In 60 Flights Via Qatar Airways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by TheDuckFarmer: 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2018
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by peterbabs(m): 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2018
Hi Mr Babatunde,
Pardon me, I'm just seeing this.

If you have a heap of dung under tree or any form of shade, use a stick to poke through it after at least one week that the dung has been there. I'm convinced you will see BSF Larva there, unless during extreme harmattan like they have in the north.
I'm inclined to believe that they're everywhere in Nigeria in the country sides.

So do check around your Poultry where the dung is disposed and let me know.

Every farm in the bush in lagos has it in their dung hill, unless they're treating the dung with chemicals that harm the creatures.

tundegodson:
Dear Mr. Peter Babalola (PeterBabs). My name is Babatunde Adebiyi and I must admit that I am impressed reading your contributions in Nairaland. Of immediate interest to me was researching about BSF larvae and you mentioned that it can be obtained on your friend'1s farm at Akowa, Ikorodu Lagos. This is my reason for contacting you. I am a civil servant in Abuja that runs a poultry. I also run a farm. All my research points to using BSF larvae as feed for the chickens but it has been difficult to get them. I humbly request that you help me get some from your friend. The quantity may be about 100 grams in weight or more. I understand that your friend may want a bit of money for this. This I am ready to offer. And also I shall willingly be responsible for the cost of logistics of sending it across. My phone number is 08036673825. I wish you a great year 2018. I pray that the year shall be a year of success and accomplishments to you and your loved ones. I wish you peace, good health and prosperity. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by orogodoganyin(m): 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2018
peterbabs:
Today, I went on an excursion to a friends poultry and pig farm located along Ikorodu-Ijebu-Ode Road. I found Black Soldier Fly Larva crawling away from the manure dunghill to a dry area to pupate. I got so excited.

I was actually planning to import from the US when I'm ready to start working with them. All the documentation I have read about BSF described it in a manner that gave me the impression that this specie of flies have not been migrated to West Africa. (Jason Drew is working and making money from rearing flies in South Africa).

Having see BSFL in the bush at Ikorodu, you should have it in your farm anywhere in the South-West to South-South (rain-forest/tropical zones) as well, if you introduce the right conditions to attract them- a suitable substrate with a fly-attracting odour, some shade over the substrate...

Now, go check the surrounding of your pig or chicken shit dunghill.

If you don't know anything about Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL), Google it. Also check for Agriprotein, Enviroflight...

Boss... what's up with your bin/farm... I'm desperately looking for these things... Are your insects still well? sent you a mail request
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by orogodoganyin(m): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
peterbabs:
Hi Mr Babatunde,
Pardon me, I'm just seeing this.

If you have a heap of dung under tree or any form of shade, use a stick to poke through it after at least one week that the dung has been there. I'm convinced you will see BSF Larva there, unless during extreme harmattan like they have in the north.
I'm inclined to believe that they're everywhere in Nigeria in the country sides.

So do check around your Poultry where the dung is disposed and let me know.

Every farm in the bush in lagos has it in their dung hill, unless they're treating the dung with chemicals that harm the creatures.

Boss!!! how are your insects thriving? I suppose you have numerous insect bins/farms by now... I'm actually in urgent need of these insects and I'd like to speak with you. I've also sent you a mail request
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by orogodoganyin(m): 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2018
peterbabs:
Today, I went on an excursion to a friends poultry and pig farm located along Ikorodu-Ijebu-Ode Road. I found Black Soldier Fly Larva crawling away from the manure dunghill to a dry area to pupate. I got so excited.

I was actually planning to import from the US when I'm ready to start working with them. All the documentation I have read about BSF described it in a manner that gave me the impression that this specie of flies have not been migrated to West Africa. (Jason Drew is working and making money from rearing flies in South Africa).

Having see BSFL in the bush at Ikorodu, you should have it in your farm anywhere in the South-West to South-South (rain-forest/tropical zones) as well, if you introduce the right conditions to attract them- a suitable substrate with a fly-attracting odour, some shade over the substrate...

If you don't know anything about Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL), Google it. Also check for Agriprotein, Enviroflight...
Boss!!! how are your insects thriving? I suppose you have numerous insect bins/farms by now... I'm actually in urgent need of these insects and I'd like to speak with you. I've also sent you a mail request
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by TVAofMS: 9:22pm On May 04, 2018
Does anyone know any seasoned, experienced, and motivated researcher on BSFL who would like to work in a small BSFL start up company in the US? An ideal suitable candidate has to be very interested in this line of work, in addition to having experience doing it. Please kindly respond to this message and then we can start discussing outside this forum. Thanks
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by bamdexfarms(m): 10:53am On May 05, 2018
TVAofMS:
Does anyone know any seasoned, experienced, and motivated researcher on BSFL who would like to work in a small BSFL start up company in the US? An ideal suitable candidate has to be very interested in this line of work, in addition to having experience doing it. Please kindly respond to this message and then we can start discussing outside this forum. Thanks

I'm available for discussion.
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by TVAofMS: 10:47pm On May 06, 2018
bamdexfarms:

Okay! I have responded to your message. Thanks
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by orogodoganyin(m): 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2018
TVAofMS:

we can deal
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by orogodoganyin(m): 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
bamdexfarms:

do you have a black soldier fly farm?
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Sirgahbby: 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
I am available
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Sirgahbby: 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2018
Hello
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Sirgahbby: 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
Anyone with info of black soldier fly around their vicinity ....pls mail me ....I'll really appreciate
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Naymie(f): 9:46am On Jul 11, 2018
peterbabs:

Hello Peterbabs, please do you still have a link to your friend at the said farm?
I'm currently working on a research with BSF and I'd need a steady supply of the larvae. Please, could you help me with your friend's contact?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Naymie(f): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2018
TVAofMS:
Hello, I know this might be coming a bit late. Is the position still open?
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Naymie(f): 10:19am On Jul 11, 2018
Hello everyone, I just stumbled on this thread this morning. Please, does anyone know a piggery or poultry farm where I can get BSF larvae in Lagos? Kindly quote this message or send me a mail. Thanks.
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Zejunjo: 11:37am On Jul 16, 2018
Interested in the offer in US. Ready to utilize my skills over years in the rearing and processing of BSFL, and am also willing to partner with any potential/existing Agripreneur/Entrepreneur in setting up BSFL farm and processing plant.
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by orogodoganyin(m): 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2018
Zejunjo:
Interested in the offer in US. Ready to utilize my skills over years in the rearing and processing of BSFL, and am also willing to partner with any potential/existing Agripreneur/Entrepreneur in setting up BSFL farm and processing plant.

do you have a bsf farm?
I need them for my project
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by gthorpe123: 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2018
Good day,

We have Black soldier fly (BSF) larvae frass called NatSoil available for sale. It’s an excellent organic fertilizer with chitin that deters pest and thus acts as a natural pesticide. It has no odor and contains all the vital nutrients for plants (see attached analysis for dried variant).

Please contact me on WhatsApp 08176499981. Our factory is based in Epe.

Price is N40 per kg and is negotiable for large volumes. Currently we can deliver up to 2 tons a day in 50kg bags.

Description
Our product NatSoil is a 100% organic fertilizer and soil amendment that acts primarily as a rich soil conditioner and pesticide. It is derived locally from the digestate of the black soldier fly larvae. It is rich in essential nutrients such as;
• Nitrogen: 31.5g/Kg
• Phosphorus: 7.9g/Kg
• Potassium: 3.41 g/Kg

Made from insect exoskeletons and excrement, NatSoil is full of beneficial microbial life and chitin – the substance that sets NatSoil apart from other fertilizers. Chitin stimulates the plant's defence response leading to increased resistance to pests and disease, replenished microbe populations and boosted yields at harvest.
NatSoil also has “chitosan”, when applied foliarly, will protect plants from powdery mildew, and botrytis and other fungal disease. In summary, NatSoil is a natural fertilizer and has the following benefits for plants and crops:
o Promotes early plant growth and seed inoculant
o Beneficial microbes for plant growth and production
o Improved growth compared to competing products
o Low C/N ratio that promotes rapid mineralization and faster nutrient release
o 1 to 2% addition rate into soils and potting mixes
o Water soluble and can be used in hydroponics and fertigation
o Contains chitin and chitosan
o No odour
o Not a pesticide or fungicide, will not bring new insects into your garden or farm o Improves soil organic matter, soil condition and crop yields
Utilization
NatSoil can be used in the following applications;
Commercial Use - Farms, Lawns: Broadcast 5 tonnes per hectare. Incorporate into soil if possible.
Greenhouses: Incorporate 7.5 kg per cubic metre (12.5 lbs/cubic yard) of container medium.
Home Use - Urban Gardens, Established Plants, Lawns: Incorporate 2.5 kg per 10 square metres (5 lbs/100 sq ft) into soil prior to planting. Apply 2.5 kg to soil surface after seedlings have emerged.
Containers - Incorporate 15-20 mL per litre (1–11⁄2 tbsp. in 4 cups) of planting mix. Frequency
Applications may be repeated after 8 weeks.
Available in 50kg bags

1 Like

Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by gthorpe123: 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2018
Good day house

We have a bsf farm where we produce 60% CP bsf larvae meal under the brand name NatMeal. Our company is called MagProtein Limited.

Please contact me on 08176499981 on WhatsApp.

Regards
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by ErnyyBobo: 10:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
Black soldier fly larvae

3 Likes

Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by abdullkabar(m): 10:04am On Aug 27, 2018
please be sure before eating it oo...lolz just kidding beware of snakes when looking for it sha

1 Like

Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by abdullkabar(m): 10:10am On Aug 27, 2018
Naymie:
Hello everyone, I just stumbled on this thread this morning. Please, does anyone know a piggery or poultry farm where I can get BSF larvae in Lagos? Kindly quote this message or send me a mail. Thanks.
there are farms around na,at least have seen many in epe area(you will surely get along ajah-epe expressway),but it might cost you though

1 Like

Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Ladyjumbo: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2018
Hello ,....I'm in need of alive soldier fly lavae ASAP .....pls anyone with info should pls WhatsApp me 08029026046

PS ...I already tried going to farms and starting a colony on my own ... Didn't work ... This time around I just want to get them ....so if u have them pls contact me .....(I'm willing to pay )
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Ladyjumbo: 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
Pls can I get your friends contact ....or contact me 08029026046
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Ladyjumbo: 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
peterbabs:

Pls can I get your friends contact ...thanks ....or give him mine ...08029026046 ......I want to buy

1 Like

Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Christistruth00: 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2018
Ladyjumbo:

Pls can I get your friends contact ...thanks ....or give him mine ...08029026046 ......I want to buy

I read that if you soak dry maize in water but not completely covered with water. the flies and larvae that colonise it after a while are black soldier fly larvae.

1 Like

Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Larryejomafuvwe(m): 10:13am On Nov 18, 2018
ErnyyBobo:
Black soldier fly larvae
bro pls I need your contact.....
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Larryejomafuvwe(m): 10:14am On Nov 18, 2018
Adesegunt:
I am interested in BSF breeding. can anyone help me with the pupae to start my BSF farm?
bro I'm in ph too... How can I contact you?... I sent you a mail request
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by ErnyyBobo: 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2018
Larryejomafuvwe:
bro pls I need your contact.....

Wassup. Check my Sig... WhatsApp only
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Larryejomafuvwe(m): 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
Guys please do you think I can find BSF in port Harcourt?
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Salzer2mee(m): 9:33pm On Dec 24, 2018
I have a bsfl farm here in Lagos, excellent source of rich protein for catfish, poultry, etc. if u need the bsf larvae, just contact me on 07088016498

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Agriculture Can We Really Make A Living From It / Rabbit Farmers Association Of Nigeria (RAFAN) Meet In Lagos (Photos) / See The Current Price Of Day Old Turkeys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.