Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,662 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria (24628 Views)

After 7 Months Of Cultivation, Nigerian Soldier Harvests Her Rice (photos) / BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK / Qatar To Fly In 4,000 Cows In 60 Flights Via Qatar Airways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by midastouch: 10:48pm On May 29, 2020
You do not need to go far to get a BSF.

If you know any farm that grows egusi, then wait as they harvest and wash their egusi seeds.

When the egusi is still wet and still giving out the strong fresh egusi smell, BSF will swarm around the area.

You can catch as much as you want - freely.
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by tempest01(m): 6:06am On Jun 06, 2020
BlackSoldierFly:

We have bsf farm
Pictures?
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Nsudo: 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
You can buy the larvae and start the population with it. Call me on 07038540266 if you need the larvae.
chidi11911:
How I can attract this bsf flies to my environment if I don't have poultry farm. I really want to know more.
Thanks guys in the house for your contribution
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by mfm04622: 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
BlackSoldierFly:

River's state sir

Can you deliver to Osun State?
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by mfm04622: 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nsudo:
You can buy the larvae and start the population with it. Call me on 07038540266 if you need the larvae.

Where are you? Can you deliver to Osun?
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by pclight(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
Join our WhatsApp group for info on BSF anywhere in Nigeria. Starting from Orientation to proper training to Purchase of larva/pupa to setting up of Farm for protein production.

Interested persons should kindly follow the Link below to connect with us and other BSF farmers in Nigeria.

[Click on the link below. It will take to an error page. Remove the two underscore "_" to load properly] http://chat._whatsapp._com/K0v7cM6wT5G5ufUgVEC22k
Or contact us directly on WhatsApp: 08116948001. Call: 07080083709.

Pls share and help a farmer somewhere

Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by therealnova: 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
Where is your farm located boss?

Youngext:
Guys you won't believe this, I'm a poultry farmer and there's this dung we kept away in a bin for more than two weeks now, after reading this thread today, I went to open it, I found Alot of them swarming the dung, Alot of hatches shelling too, the swarm of black flies that emerged.
Please I need to know how to harvest them for use in my poultry.

Find below a sample of the larvae I found, I hope it's the BSFL?
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by drollster(m): 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2020
peterbabs:
Today, I went on an excursion to a friends poultry and pig farm located along Ikorodu-Ijebu-Ode Road. I found Black Soldier Fly Larva crawling away from the manure dunghill to a dry area to pupate. I got so excited.

I was actually planning to import from the US when I'm ready to start working with them. All the documentation I have read about BSF described it in a manner that gave me the impression that this specie of flies have not been migrated to West Africa. (Jason Drew is working and making money from rearing flies in South Africa).

Having see BSFL in the bush at Ikorodu, you should have it in your farm anywhere in the South-West to South-South (rain-forest/tropical zones) as well, if you introduce the right conditions to attract them- a suitable substrate with a fly-attracting odour, some shade over the substrate...

Now, go check the surrounding of your pig or chicken shit dunghill.

If you don't know anything about Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL), Google it. Also check for Agriprotein, Enviroflight...

I would like to get in touch with you. Sent you a mail. Please. Thanks
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by olaide68(m): 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
Nsudo:
I have black flies lavae in my farm ,how can I populate them.
Thanks
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by joseph032: 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
Youngext:
Guys you won't believe this, I'm a poultry farmer and there's this dung we kept away in a bin for more than two weeks now, after reading this thread today, I went to open it, I found Alot of them swarming the dung, Alot of hatches shelling too, the swarm of black flies that emerged.
Please I need to know how to harvest them for use in my poultry.

Find below a sample of the larvae I found, I hope it's the BSFL?
it will be best if u populate them so u can have more to feed ur farm
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by alimology: 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
BSF is already in Nigeria, some farmers are already doing it in small scale. The only large scale BSF farm in Nigeria is a Chinese Ffranchise company. BSF is taking over. I'm already on my large scale production too, I've been doing it for a year now, thanks to the eye opening training in ICIPE, Nairobi Kenya. If you have a big poultry or fishery and you're tired of spending all your profit on feed, then you need BSF. Say hi to me on whatsapp if you have interest in BSF. I have alot of offers ready. My name is Ayobami 07035418409
I attach some pictures of my work here.
What output of larva do you need on a daily basis on your farm, is it 20kg, 50kg 100kg. Let's partner and drive you to profit livestock business

Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Mayamba: 11:25pm On Oct 16, 2020
Hello guys,
I hope we are all doing well.
My name is Jonathan, a Doctor in Veterinary Medicine. I have so much interest in this calm and gentle fly and I have lots of them in my house here in Jos, Plateau State. I purchased the seed fly from one Eze in Onisha. I encourage you also to buy from Ayobami because he obviously have a good experience about this my favorite insect. Anyone can contact me if you want to know how to keep your Flies healthy: 08165097837. Thank you.
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by IRIENBOY(m): 8:43am On Oct 17, 2020
Nice
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Olamipapa(m): 9:11am On Feb 11, 2021
Please I visit my poultry dung hill and found out some larvae there. Please are they Black soldier fly larvae or House fly Larvae.
I want to cultivate them and I am afraid of cultivating the house fly.

Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by joseph032: 11:51am On Mar 27, 2021
Olamipapa:
Please I visit my poultry dung hill and found out some larvae there. Please are they Black soldier fly larvae or House fly Larvae.
I want to cultivate them and I am afraid of cultivating the house fly.

Yes oooo. Healthy ones at that.
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by BlackSoldierFly(f): 7:42am On Apr 20, 2021
mfm04622:

Can you deliver to Osun State?

Yes. I can
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by coolsan: 7:11pm On May 03, 2021
pclight:
We have as much Black Soldier Fly Larvae as needed in Enugu, call/text 08151560297, WhatsApp-08116948001

Hello how can I get some
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by stanvesco(m): 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2021
alimology:
BSF is already in Nigeria, some farmers are already doing it in small scale. The only large scale BSF farm in Nigeria is a Chinese Ffranchise company. BSF is taking over. I'm already on my large scale production too, I've been doing it for a year now, thanks to the eye opening training in ICIPE, Nairobi Kenya. If you have a big poultry or fishery and you're tired of spending all your profit on feed, then you need BSF. Say hi to me on whatsapp if you have interest in BSF. I have alot of offers ready. My name is Ayobami 07035418409
I attach some pictures of my work here.
What output of larva do you need on a daily basis on your farm, is it 20kg, 50kg 100kg. Let's partner and drive you to profit livestock business

Hello,
How are you.
I am interested in getting the larvae
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by peterbabs(m): 11:13am On Sep 25, 2021
Hi All!
I started this thread in 2016, but haven't visited Nairaland for almost 4 years.

So, do pardon me for not replying the direct enquiries to me. Perhaps the emails from Nairaland went to Junk.

I'm glad to see that people are already taken advantage of this God-given bird food.

I started a small Poultry farm in 2018 and that was my saving grace.

I hope every livestock farm takes advantage of this natural phenomenon.

All the best!
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by BSFeggsgod: 11:29pm On Oct 05, 2021
BlackSoldierFly:

Contact us
Hello,I know this is really late but if there are any vacancies still open in the US,I would like to apply. I have garnered 2+ years of experience in the BSF morphology and life cycle.
Thank you.
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by BSFeggsgod: 11:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
BlackSoldierFly:

Contact us
Hello,I know this is really late but if there are any vacancies still open in the US,I would like to apply. I have garnered 2+ years of experience in the BSF morphology and life cycle.
Thank you.
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Carot: 8:06am On Oct 26, 2021
Zejunjo:
Interested in the offer in US. Ready to utilize my skills over years in the rearing and processing of BSFL, and am also willing to partner with any potential/existing Agripreneur/Entrepreneur in setting up BSFL farm and processing plant.
oga, good morning, pls do you know anything about this company, N N Fems industries limited. Makers of ozone and apple hair products. I applied as factory worker. Pay is 40k. Graduate
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by bizzibodi(m): 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nice topic I have come across this larva many yrs back when I went to a poultry dump to get poultry waste/maggots for my catfish.i went for d grey maggots but when I saw those ssp i prefer them because they are bigger,succulent & more pleasant to handle.i didnt knew they are goldmine & solution to high cost of feeding,if I had d knowledge then I would have succeeded in fish farming.
My question is how do one culture this larva on a large scale & process it?
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 13, 2021
One question.. Abeg BSF bite Dey pain?
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2021
Any BSF producer in Lagos?.
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by mfm04622: 1:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
Misturman:
One question.. Abeg BSF bite Dey pain?

They don't bite. The adult insect don't have mouth part. So they don't eat, talkless of biting
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
mfm04622:

They don't bite. The adult insect don't have mouth part. So they don't eat, talkless of biting

Alright noted.. I've seen dem around 1ce or twice before, I use to think they were some sort of soldier ant, d kain giant ants weh fir make person comit slippers run.. Please who has it's lavae?
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by ogbongenet: 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2021
BSF na the only way to subsidize feed price that is sykroketing every day. This is my BSF farm...08060115253

Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 9:37am On Nov 15, 2021
*BLACK SOLDIERS FLIES (BSFL) MAGGOTS FARM SET UP*

*_How you can drastically cut down cost of feeding fish/poultry/rabbits/ruminants using bsfl maggots and still get a very good results._*

We are a team of farmers that help to set up maggots farms.

We shall construct the housing
We will set up the maggots farm
Teach you how to run the farm
Do follow up after farm set up.

When you produce yourself your feed cost is as low as N100/kg.
A farm that use 10 bags (150kg) of feed /weekly for example.
When using maggots they will only need to buy 3 bags(45kg) weekly of conventional fish feed plus 105kg maggots to make up .In that way cutting the feed cost by 70%.
*Depending on the age of your fish, you can do 70% maggots & 30% conventional fish feed or 90% maggots & 10% conventional fish feed* .

*ADVANTAGES OF USING BSFL MAGGOTS*
(1) It reduces cost of feeding drastically
(2) It does not pollute water because maggots does not dissolve in water like regular feed.
(3) Any maggot the fish has not eaten will come back to the surface and float until they pick it .
(4) It's a safer way for humans because bsf maggot is organic
(5) Very high protein content. The crude protein of bsfl maggots stand between 40-67%
(6) A farmers can go for less nutrition feed in the market (which of course will be cheaper) as back up for bsfl maggots
(7) bsfl contains over 17 essential amino acids which is organic so when using bsfl maggots as feed for fish, u have less worried about their health.
(cool The waste from the maggots farm is organic fertilizer
(9) Maggot is feed to poultry birds & rabbits
(10) Maggots make fish grow faster & bigger
(11) When the farm is setup, you harvest maggots on a continuous daily basis if the cycle is not broken.
(12) It can give you *daily income year round if you do commercial production & you sell maggots to fish/poultry/rabbits farmers*

*3 Types of Maggots Farm Set ups*

*A) Mini farm...You get 10-20kg maggots per day*

*B) Semi - Commercial maggots farm producing 1 ton per week*

*C) Commercial maggots farm producing 8 -10 tons per week*

*_Farms can be in any part of 9ija or any Africa country._*

*Call*
*Gbenga:08136650972 or WhatsApp 08120528950*

*Porsh farm : Call/WhatsApp 0814 112 8588*

*For maggots farms set up* .

Contact me on WhatsApp 08120528950 for videos evidence
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 15, 2021
BoluwGoldenFarm:
*BLACK SOLDIERS FLIES (BSFL) MAGGOTS FARM SET UP*

*_How you can drastically cut down cost of feeding fish/poultry/rabbits/ruminants using bsfl maggots and still get a very good results._*

We are a team of farmers that help to set up maggots farms.

We shall construct the housing
We will set up the maggots farm
Teach you how to run the farm
Do follow up after farm set up.

When you produce yourself your feed cost is as low as N100/kg.
A farm that use 10 bags (150kg) of feed /weekly for example.
When using maggots they will only need to buy 3 bags(45kg) weekly of conventional fish feed plus 105kg maggots to make up .In that way cutting the feed cost by 70%.
*Depending on the age of your fish, you can do 70% maggots & 30% conventional fish feed or 90% maggots & 10% conventional fish feed* .

*ADVANTAGES OF USING BSFL MAGGOTS*
(1) It reduces cost of feeding drastically
(2) It does not pollute water because maggots does not dissolve in water like regular feed.
(3) Any maggot the fish has not eaten will come back to the surface and float until they pick it .
(4) It's a safer way for humans because bsf maggot is organic
(5) Very high protein content. The crude protein of bsfl maggots stand between 40-67%
(6) A farmers can go for less nutrition feed in the market (which of course will be cheaper) as back up for bsfl maggots
(7) bsfl contains over 17 essential amino acids which is organic so when using bsfl maggots as feed for fish, u have less worried about their health.
(cool The waste from the maggots farm is organic fertilizer
(9) Maggot is feed to poultry birds & rabbits
(10) Maggots make fish grow faster & bigger
(11) When the farm is setup, you harvest maggots on a continuous daily basis if the cycle is not broken.
(12) It can give you *daily income year round if you do commercial production & you sell maggots to fish/poultry/rabbits farmers*

*3 Types of Maggots Farm Set ups*

*A) Mini farm...You get 10-20kg maggots per day*

*B) Semi - Commercial maggots farm producing 1 ton per week*

*C) Commercial maggots farm producing 8 -10 tons per week*

*_Farms can be in any part of 9ija or any Africa country._*

*Call*
*Gbenga:08136650972 or WhatsApp 08120528950*

*Porsh farm : Call/WhatsApp 0814 112 8588*

*For maggots farms set up* .

Contact me on WhatsApp 08120528950 for videos evidence
Can I get d fries around Lagos?
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 10:30am On Nov 15, 2021
Misturman:

Can I get d fries around Lagos?

Yes l am base in Ibadan

Chart me up on WhatsApp 08120528950 or call me on 08136650972

It is better to help you set the maggots farm because once you miss the cycle no maggots continuity.
Re: Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria by ogbongenet: 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2021
The black soldier fly undergoes five main stages in its life cycle: egg, larval, prepupal, pupal, and adult stages. The longest phase of its life cycle is spent in the larval and pupa stages, whereas egg and adult stages are relatively short. Females lay between 500 and 900 eggs...08060115253

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com / Agriculture Can We Really Make A Living From It / See The Current Price Of Day Old Turkeys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.